Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Over Rated and Under Rated

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ci_1612 Posted - 02/24/2007 : 03:02:02
Just give me your most over rated and under rated players in the league today, for me..
Over rated- The combo of Lecavalier and St.Louis because if they weren't on the same line my guess is both of them would be 70-80 point guys max and right now they'll probably both break 100.
Under rated- Marc Savard, the guy is 4th in league scoring and is second in PPG behind only Crosby and I hardly hear about him because A. He plays for the Bruins and B. Most of his points (60) are assists and when he does score they are rarely highlight reel quality.. but he is the best playmaker in the league hands down.

Chris Illsley
40   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Beans15 Posted - 04/11/2007 : 13:45:44
Before you start knocking people for their opinions, maybe you should read the posts. Did IHC not say that Crosby was obviously one of the better players out there?? Over Rated, in my opinion, means a player gets more credit then they deserve. This fits Crosby perfectly. He scored more points than anyone this year, but he is not a complete player like Lecavlier, Iginla, or Thorton. In the next couple of years he will be the most dominating player the sport has seen since your beloved Mario Lemiuex. HE IS NOT THERE YET! The media hyped him as such and he got way more props than he deserved. And it may be a weak ass reason, but it is also the same reason that many people I know out West hate Toronto. Over exposure in the media. You can not turn on TSN or CBC on Saturday night without hearing about Sid The Kid. Like I care what he thought about the Rocket movie. You might think it is weak ass, but it is common.

And Ovechkin did finish 35 points behind Crosby. Actually, 28 but who is counting. He also didn't have Recchi, Malkin, Staal, or Roberts for 20 games to help him offensively. Ovechkin has really nothing on his team, yet still has 92 points and the 4th most goals in the league. Washington had 4 players with more than 30 points, while Pittsburgh had 11. Put Ovechkin on a team with Pittsburgh's offensive ability compared to what he has today and he is not 35 points behind Crosby.

And us "Crosby Haters" weak ass excuses for hating him are not nearly as nauseating as your ignorancy to other people's opinions.

Opinions are like a$sholes. Everyone has one, and they all stink. This includes yours.
BigShow Posted - 04/11/2007 : 11:58:23
I'm not by any means saying Brodeur is a bad player. He has been extremely durable, personable, reliable and not the arrogant jerk most successful goalies morph into. He has also adapted to the changes in tender equipment, puck playing and the overall game better than any goalie.

I am saying he is over rated.

Breaking the wins record is a complete joke. With there being no more ties, of course there are more wins and losses, for all goalies.

Having a solid GAA all through his career is also not so much as the media pours on, when you consider that the Devils had the best team defence in the league for about 8 years in a row. Of course when there are relatively few shots, and many of the shots are coming from the outside there will be a low GAA.

Save percentage is the most important stat for a goalie. Though even saying that, i will admit that it is also subjective, based on where the shots are allowed to come from. But this actually works to Brodeur's detriment, as for years he put up average SV% when the shots were largely being forced from the outside. Brodeur had 4 years of 90.2-90.6 in years where the league leaders were putting up numbers as high as 93.1, that is a huge difference. He had another six seasons with average numbers, 91.0-91.5, when the league leaders were in the 92.5-94.1 range. During that span he had two above average years at 91.7 and one exceptional year(96/97) at 92.7.

Marty has not in any way been forced to drag along a bad or mediocre team, until perhaps this year. He has played with some amazing talent, including two of the best defencemen the game has seen in the last 15-20 years - Stevens and Niedermeyer. Daneyko was no slouch either. NJ has had some of the best checking forwards of the last decade in Arnott, Madden and Holik, who all thrived in the hard-nosed trapping game NJ has played. Offensively Mogilny was one of the best snipers in recent memory, Elias has had great numbers when he is healthy. Gomez, Gionta, Sykora and Niuewendyk, and probably a few others i am forgetting have all been good point producers.

Again, Brodeur is not in any way a bad goalie. That's not what i am saying at all. But does he really belong in the news constantly?

Over the length of his career, sure he has earned a HHoF induction, but seriously he isn't one of the best of all time, not unless he puts up another 4 years like this last one. A 'great' shouldn't have so many average years sprinkled through his career.

(In hindsight, maybe i am answering the question in a way it wasn't meant. I'm looking at players over their career, rather than just the past year. And obviously Brodeur has had an awesome year, and deserves the props he has gotten this year)
Saku Steen Posted - 04/11/2007 : 11:15:41
quote:
Originally posted by BigShow

Over rated: Sundin, S. Koivu, Brodeur (Prior to this year, where he is finally playing as big as he is advertized. With the exception of 96/97 he has been very durable but an average to above average tender during the regular season).

Under rated: Demitra, Elias, Boyle.

I dont think that Brodeur is over rated, He is extremly good and some think he has been the best goalie ever. Dan Boyle is under rated but thats because he plays with Tampa Bay. Not a lot of Canadian press covers the palyers who play there.

Viktor Kozlov is also my hero!!!
BigShow Posted - 04/11/2007 : 10:55:39
Over rated: Sundin, S. Koivu, Brodeur (Prior to this year, where he is finally playing as big as he is advertized. With the exception of 96/97 he has been very durable but an average to above average tender during the regular season).

Under rated: Demitra, Elias, Boyle.
Guest6127 Posted - 04/11/2007 : 10:09:21
Overrated - Cheechoo, Hannan
Underrated - Morrow, Langkow
guinman Posted - 04/07/2007 : 20:49:52
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0109

quote:
Originally posted by Patchy

quote:
Originally posted by Guest5585

Overated: Kaberle
Underated: Ovechkin

How is Kaberle overated?! And Ovechkin being underated makes no sense either...

~~Go Leafs Go~~

Ovechkin is underrated because all you hear about is "Sid the Kid" *rolls eyes*. Plus, whatever time people spend discussing Ovechkin, it's in regards to his offensive prowess...they hardly ever mention how strong he is on and off the puck, what a solid fore-checker he is, not to mention that unlike Crosby, when he gets hit...he gets back up and goes right after the puck...while Siddy either dives face first or cries to the refs. Yet, who's being marketed as the new face of the NHL? *Shakes head* Makes no sense.

What games have you been watching? Games where Crosby gets no points he's still a force. Ovechkin is invisible in many games. Maybe thats why he's 35 points behind Sid. What I'm going to enjoy is when all of you Crosby haters cheer when Crosby leadsTeam Canada for the next 15 years. Crosby gets held and hooked more times than anyone I've ever seen and less than 1/3 of the time the penalties are called. I'd say the kid deserves some mulligans for what he puts up with. You Crosby haters sound like spoiled brats...it's quite nauseating really. The weak assed reasons for hating him is woefully more pathetic than anything Crosby does - remember that.
guinman Posted - 04/07/2007 : 20:41:52
quote:
Originally posted by I HATE CROSBY

Halek underrated? is this a joke.......The guy looks really shaky. I know he's getting wins, but Guy Carbin-whatever has pretty much devoted all his energy to defense......Have you seen the shots he's faced? They're all from like, the boards.......You can tell he can't wait to get Huet back.........I can't stand the publicity Haleks getting...the wins have been against s***ty teams (minus the leafs of course hahaha), and he gets about 2 shots.......THERE IS NO GOALIE CONTROVERSY!!!!!! When Huet gets back, he's the guy! He was an all-star, Halek was an ECHL back-up last year!!!!!!

Living in Canada, I'd have to say Sid is the most overrated.......He's obviously one of the better players out there, but I can't watch TSN any more cause they put EVERY goal/assist of his on the HONor roll..I mean let's call a spade a spade, 1/108 of his points actually belong on there...

Most underrated : Ed Belfour...he's really done better than anyone would have guessed this year, eh?

I HATE CROSBY

Sid overated... IHC.credibility?....zero!
guinman Posted - 04/07/2007 : 20:40:30
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9655

Overrated:
- Crosby - sorry, he's not the "Next" one!
- Sundin - Leafs fans keep saying that he needs this player with him, or he needs that player with him....If he was good, he would make the others around him better!
- Ryan Smyth - The most unexciting player to watch....And that is the face of the Oil? Sheesh! You guys need a face lift!
- Kipper - Ain't seen no cup yet.....
- Cheechoo - not as good as he thinks he is
- Thornton - needs to score more goals - totally one-dimensional!

Underrated:
- Alex Frolov - Dude plays in an aweful team setting, and still manages to get 30+ goals!
- Selanne - one of the highest goal scorers this season and nary a mention
- Savard - I agree with everyone here
- Sakic - Makes others around him better, and the best Canadian hockey player still playing!

Hangin' in T.O.

Ya good one. Crosby's overated......Frolov underated.....credibility.....zero!
Beans15 Posted - 04/02/2007 : 11:07:01
Mr. Guest 0148, I argueably the biggest stats geek on this site. But I have to say that the most important stat for goalies is wins %. I agree with Bab's. If you have a goalie who plays tons of games(like Kipper, Brodeur, Luongo) then you will have more wins than a goalie of the same caliber who does not play as many games.

I think of Giguere. He was hurt for a decent part of the year. If he wasn't hurt, I am conviced he would have been at or very near the top in wins.

Kipprusoff is not, in my opinion, ahead of Brodeur, Luongo, Giguere, Toskala, or Miller. Fluery has very quitely become a great goalie as well. And don't forget about Vokoun and Mason.

In my opinion, Kipper is not even in the top 5.
semin-rules Posted - 04/01/2007 : 18:14:34
Underrated
1. Nicklas Backstrom
2. Alexander Semin
3. Marc Savard

Overrated
1. Alexander Ovechkin
2. Sidney Crosby
3. Ryan Miller

~~~~~COME ON STARS, LETS BRING IT HOME~~~~~
bablaboushka Posted - 04/01/2007 : 16:39:14
Well you said yourself that he plays so many games, 3rd most, so naturally he would face more shots.

Thank you Beans for bringing up the Win%'s. I won't lie, Toskala has played fewer games than all of those guys but most of that is due to injury and also due to the fact that he shares goaltending responsibilities with another great goalie.

And 0148, those trophies don't mean a thing. You're the one who brought up SJ's lack of playoff success but when I bring it back to Calgary it becomes about trophies? Beans said what needs to be said about the Vezina. And I know Calgary beat SJ in the Conference Finals in '04, big deal. They ended up losing the Cup anyways and left the playoffs with the same prize as SJ. Calgary did not lose the Stanley Cup because of the Gelinas "goal", that's a poor excuse.

I find it funny how someone defending Kiprusoff will critcize another goalie of inconsistency. Kiprusoff, like Nabokov, has been hot lately. Kiprusoff, like Nabokov, has been very inconsistent all year up until recently. Yet Calgary is still fighting for a playoff spot where SJ has clinched for a week now.
Guest0148 Posted - 04/01/2007 : 13:55:33
I think you're forgetting to mention that out of all the goaltenders on that list...only two are ahead of Kipper in games played. To be 12th in the league for win percentage when you've played the 3rd most games is pretty impressive. He's also 5th in the league this year in save percentage, making the 3rd most saves in the league. Last yea he was fourth in this category, while being 3rd in save percentage. So your it kinda goes to show that he can handle a massive shot-load contrary to your argument. He also led the league in goals against during the first year back from lockout and this year has a GAA under 2.50. I'm not saying he's a goaltending god, nor that he's the best in the league. But for the amount of minutes he logs and shots he faces, he HAS to be put in the top 5 at least. The argument can easily be made for the Top 3...with only Brodeur and MAYBE Luongo ahead of him...but then again, Luongo never lead his team anywhere near the playoffs...while 40+ year old Eddie Belfour at least has them 4 points out.
leafsfan1 Posted - 04/01/2007 : 13:47:49
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0032

Most over rated players - cheechoo, souray, AFINOGENOV, boucher, spezza and perrault

how is max overated he has 57 points and he has been hurt for so long and boucher isnt overated he is underated but the others i agree with you

Go Leafs Go
leafsfan1 Posted - 04/01/2007 : 13:46:18
quote:
Over rated- The combo of Lecavalier and St.Louis because if they weren't on the same line my guess is both of them would be 70-80 point guys max and right now they'll probably both break 100.

They would be just as good if they were on diffrent lines

Go Leafs Go
Beans15 Posted - 04/01/2007 : 12:57:27
Vezina Trophies are nice but one can tell the really good goalies are those who win more than one. Look at the list of goalies who have one Vezina since 1990. José Théodore, Olaf Kolzig, Jim Carey, and Kiprusoff. Nice group to be a part of.

And Kipprusoff's Jennings award was from the old, clutch and grab and trap NHL. 1.69 in 2004 is no better than Pete Peeters 2.36 in 1983. It's all relative. Low scoring league means low GAA. Most of the credit for Kippers Vezina and Jennings should go to Sutter and his system. Kipper didn't have to work to hard. In that year, there were 10 of the top 30 goalies in GAA that faced more shots/game than he did. Including Roloson who faced 300 more shots and had a 1.88 GAA. And we all know that Roloson is far from an elite goalie. The year before Turco had a 1.72 GAA facing 400 more shots than Kipper did with his 1.69. It's not like he shattered that record and not like he faced a huge amount of shots either.

But in the end, the only thing that matters is winning. Here are the current leaders in win %. Who is that out of the top 10???

1 Toskala 0.684
2 Hasek 0.667
3 Giguere 0.643
4 Miller 0.617
5 Luongo 0.616
6 Mason 0.615
7 Brodeur 0.600
8 Vokoun 0.595
9 Fleury 0.594
10 Emery 0.582
11 Holmqvist 0.578
12 Kipprusoff 0.563

I agree with Babs. Kipper is Overrated and overhyped by the media.
leafsfan1 Posted - 04/01/2007 : 10:02:14
overated:
ovechkin
Malkin
McCabe
Underated:
The Leafs

Go Leafs Go
Guest5346 Posted - 04/01/2007 : 09:18:44

Kiprusoff has a Vezina, and a Jennings Trophy (for which he set a modern day NHL record for fewest goals against in a single season to win), not to mention a Silver at the World Cup, not to mention a Hart Nomination. Between themselves Nabokov and Toskala have a Calder Trophy. With Nabokov's complete lack of consistency, it's just another rookie who's potential looks like it will never be realized.

You're also forgetting that Calgary WON the Western Conference, against...umm who was it again? Oh yea, the Flames...by two games no less. They also came one disallowed goal away from being Cup Champions, and anyone who was watching that game knows the Gelinas goal should have counted.

Eitherway, Calgary's contributions to the league have been a hell of a lot more prominent than the Sharks (yes I realize they've been around longer...but just in general), I mean...the only "good" thing San Jose has been responsible for? Popularizing "teal" as a sports colour, and I'm not sure that's something to be proud of.

As for Souray, yes he's quite the liability in his own end...but that's not what makes him over/underrated. What makes him underrated is offensive talent (which has been around since his Jersey days) and the fact that he's a superior team and locker room presence. It's rare having two guys ACTUALLY worthy of captain status.
[/quote]

Wow, I really need to stop writing these after just waking up...that should say against the SHARKS of course **.
Guest5346 Posted - 04/01/2007 : 09:17:26
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

quote:

quote:

And who are you?

You're right, I hate Calgary and I passionately hate Kiprusoff. What, there is not one team in the league you don't like?

If you would like to post on this website, please contribute an opinion and not criticize other members, myself included.

I think you're just sore that Kipper went on to be a great player, and now the Sharks are stuck with a goaltending carousel. Nabokov is a NIGHTMARE in the playoffs...and you need only view Toskala's series against the Oilers to see his playoff potential (is it just me or was he playing with a chunk of lead in his trapper?). The Sharks made one of the worst moves in seinding him away for nothing...and have no playoff success to show for it.

What does Calgary have to show for it? And as much as I may dislike Nabokov, he has brought them to the Conference Finals already and from the sounds of it, he's going to be starting in the playoffs so you can't tell me he can't do anything that Kiprusoff can. I hope SJ plays Calgary, but it would have to be in the second round. Hopefully Wilson would play Toskala so the world could see who the better Finnish goalie is...

And by the way, Souray is a gigantic defensive liability, so is McCabe. In fact, Pittsburgh's 4th goal with a few seconds left was entirely his fault. But as for Souray... it's nice that he can score but the fact that he's a -24, is well, pitiful. Watch, teams have caught on about McCabe slapshots and this year he's not doing anything. Next year (God knows why it hasn't been sooner) there will never be a player further than a foot away from Souray when Montreal is on the PP and he will be a liability in both ends.

Kiprusoff has a Vezina, and a Jennings Trophy (for which he set a modern day NHL record for fewest goals against in a single season to win), not to mention a Silver at the World Cup, not to mention a Hart Nomination. Between themselves Nabokov and Toskala have a Calder Trophy. With Nabokov's complete lack of consistency, it's just another rookie who's potential looks like it will never be realized.

You're also forgetting that Calgary WON the Western Conference, against...umm who was it again? Oh yea, the Flames...by two games no less. They also came one disallowed goal away from being Cup Champions, and anyone who was watching that game knows the Gelinas goal should have counted.

Eitherway, Calgary's contributions to the league have been a hell of a lot more prominent than the Sharks (yes I realize they've been around longer...but just in general), I mean...the only "good" thing San Jose has been responsible for? Popularizing "teal" as a sports colour, and I'm not sure that's something to be proud of.

As for Souray, yes he's quite the liability in his own end...but that's not what makes him over/underrated. What makes him underrated is offensive talent (which has been around since his Jersey days) and the fact that he's a superior team and locker room presence. It's rare having two guys ACTUALLY worthy of captain status.
bablaboushka Posted - 03/31/2007 : 21:06:19
quote:

quote:

And who are you?

You're right, I hate Calgary and I passionately hate Kiprusoff. What, there is not one team in the league you don't like?

If you would like to post on this website, please contribute an opinion and not criticize other members, myself included.

I think you're just sore that Kipper went on to be a great player, and now the Sharks are stuck with a goaltending carousel. Nabokov is a NIGHTMARE in the playoffs...and you need only view Toskala's series against the Oilers to see his playoff potential (is it just me or was he playing with a chunk of lead in his trapper?). The Sharks made one of the worst moves in seinding him away for nothing...and have no playoff success to show for it.

What does Calgary have to show for it? And as much as I may dislike Nabokov, he has brought them to the Conference Finals already and from the sounds of it, he's going to be starting in the playoffs so you can't tell me he can't do anything that Kiprusoff can. I hope SJ plays Calgary, but it would have to be in the second round. Hopefully Wilson would play Toskala so the world could see who the better Finnish goalie is...

And by the way, Souray is a gigantic defensive liability, so is McCabe. In fact, Pittsburgh's 4th goal with a few seconds left was entirely his fault. But as for Souray... it's nice that he can score but the fact that he's a -24, is well, pitiful. Watch, teams have caught on about McCabe slapshots and this year he's not doing anything. Next year (God knows why it hasn't been sooner) there will never be a player further than a foot away from Souray when Montreal is on the PP and he will be a liability in both ends.
Guest0109 Posted - 03/31/2007 : 21:03:46
quote:
Originally posted by Patchy

quote:

~~Go Leafs Go~~

Ovechkin is underrated because all you hear about is "Sid the Kid" *rolls eyes*. Plus, whatever time people spend discussing Ovechkin, it's in regards to his offensive prowess...they hardly ever mention how strong he is on and off the puck, what a solid fore-checker he is, not to mention that unlike Crosby, when he gets hit...he gets back up and goes right after the puck...while Siddy either dives face first or cries to the refs. Yet, who's being marketed as the new face of the NHL? *Shakes head* Makes no sense.
Guest0109 Posted - 03/31/2007 : 20:51:22
quote:
Originally posted by Buddyno2000

quote:
Originally posted by semin-rules

Underated: Jussi Jokinen or Sheldon Souray

Overated: Jeff Friesen or Sergei Samsonov

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~

Sorry Man but I don't believe that Souray Is underated I would rater say he is Overrated and I realy mean OVERated

Go leafs Go by the way

I wouldn't expect any Leafs fan to appreciate Sheldon SOuray...especially since y'all cheer for a team who thinks it's best defensive asset is Bryan McCabe...that and well, look at who you have as your avi XD
Guest0109 Posted - 03/31/2007 : 20:45:47
quote:

And who are you?

I think you're just sore that Kipper went on to be a great player, and now the Sharks are stuck with a goaltending carousel. Nabokov is a NIGHTMARE in the playoffs...and you need only view Toskala's series against the Oilers to see his playoff potential (is it just me or was he playing with a chunk of lead in his trapper?). The Sharks made one of the worst moves in seinding him away for nothing...and have no playoff success to show for it. All they got is a bunch of guys who can fill the opponents net while hackin it up on D.

Overrated: Mats Sundin...you'd think for the amount of ice time this guy gets...his numbers would be more respectable.

Wade Redden...for the amount of defensive end lapses he makes, it's a wonder he gets paid so much and made the national roster.

Underrated: Alexander Ovechkin. He doesn't get nearly as much credit as Crosby, even though he beat Whiny McBrat for the Calder. He's got game on both ends of the ice and never lets up for a second while he's playing.

Marian Hossa...he's buried in Atlanta where the media tends to shy away from. If they make a deep playoff push, he's finally gonna get the recognition he deserves. You'd be hard pressed to find a guy as solid ont he puck as him.

Patchy Posted - 03/28/2007 : 19:14:47
quote:

~~Go Leafs Go~~
Mikhailova Posted - 03/28/2007 : 18:15:47
quote:
Originally posted by juice32

Over Rated:
3. Dominick Hasak (Hes just really lucky. He looks like a fish out of water when he palys)

5th in the league for wins, 1st for GAA, 3rd in shutouts (10th of all time), and a .910 save % is luck??

By the way, his name is Dominik Hašek
Beans15 Posted - 03/28/2007 : 18:09:52
Hold on, Samsonov is Bad??

He's not bad, people have unreal expectations of him. He's had one 70 point season in 10 years. Other than that, never over 50 points. So, he's having an off year. This has happened countless times with a player under the microscope in Montreal.

Samsonov is a 50 point a year guy having an off year. I don't know why people think he is more than that.

But a bad player?? I disagree.
Guest5585 Posted - 03/28/2007 : 17:11:49
Guest9671 Posted - 03/27/2007 : 08:17:03
Underated - Rod Brind'amour
Overated - Alexander Ovechkin
juice32 Posted - 03/27/2007 : 07:07:46
Alright, here are my picks for the most overrated and underrated players in the leauge:

Over Rated:

1. Jason Spezza (look who he plays with!! I could get points playing with that team)

2. Todd Bertuzzi (I just don't like this guy)

3. Dominick Hasak (Hes just really lucky. He looks like a fish out of water when he palys)

4. Bryan McCabe (I love the leafs, but this guy gets too much credit for too little work)

Under Rated

1. Marc Savard (How can you not give this guy respect!!!)

2. Oilli Jokinen (averaging 1.5 pts per game with Florida!!!)

3. Thomas Kaberle (This guy dosn't get the respect he deserves. He is by far the smartest player on the ice)
Saku Steen Posted - 03/27/2007 : 03:35:47
quote:
Originally posted by ED11

Underrated --- Savard/Marleau

Overrated --- Samsonov

I dont think that Samsonov is overated; everyone knows hes really bad. I agree with your underated plyers though.
ED11 Posted - 03/26/2007 : 22:55:47
Underrated --- Savard/Marleau

Overrated --- Samsonov
I HATE CROSBY Posted - 03/26/2007 : 22:06:49
quote:

Yup, 12th in the East is pretty good
I think he is doing better, but I would have guessed that he would do this bad.

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~

Well, I've tried to be a little nicer since my leave of absence, but this pisses me off........After being Booed out of T.O., and having the media slam him every day calling him a wash up...I think he's done really well....let's think real hard here buddy, what place did florida finish last year with Luongo? Worse I'd say.......Florida still COULD make the playoffs( they obviously won't, but with 7 or so games left they aren't officially eliminated{they were at this time last year})..the guy is 40, he has had surgery on his back MANY times, and yet he made the Panthers a respectible team this year........he's played better than Raycroft has, and a lot better than fellow 40-something Cujo........I'd like to see that other 40 year old Hasek do any better than Belfour has with that team......WAKE UP!!!!!

I HATE CROSBY
PainTrain Posted - 03/26/2007 : 20:28:23
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0032

Most over rated players - cheechoo, souray, AFINOGENOV, boucher, spezza and perrault

How is max over rated he lead the team in points and this season was 2nd until he broke his wrist he is a damn good player i dont think he should be over rated.
semin-rules Posted - 03/26/2007 : 20:04:06
quote:
Originally posted by I HATE CROSBY

Most underrated : Ed Belfour...he's really done better than anyone would have guessed this year, eh?

I HATE CROSBY

Yup, 12th in the East is pretty good
I think he is doing better, but I would have guessed that he would do this bad.

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
I HATE CROSBY Posted - 03/26/2007 : 19:28:37
Halek underrated? is this a joke.......The guy looks really shaky. I know he's getting wins, but Guy Carbin-whatever has pretty much devoted all his energy to defense......Have you seen the shots he's faced? They're all from like, the boards.......You can tell he can't wait to get Huet back.........I can't stand the publicity Haleks getting...the wins have been against s***ty teams (minus the leafs of course hahaha), and he gets about 2 shots.......THERE IS NO GOALIE CONTROVERSY!!!!!! When Huet gets back, he's the guy! He was an all-star, Halek was an ECHL back-up last year!!!!!!

Living in Canada, I'd have to say Sid is the most overrated.......He's obviously one of the better players out there, but I can't watch TSN any more cause they put EVERY goal/assist of his on the HONor roll..I mean let's call a spade a spade, 1/108 of his points actually belong on there...

I HATE CROSBY
Guest4188 Posted - 03/26/2007 : 18:05:59
quote:
Originally posted by manninm

Underrated - Jason Smith - The heart and soul of Edmonton...what heart and soul it has left

Overrated - Hasek

The reason Smith is underrated is because he doesn't do anything in terms of points production....Put simply, he's boring. Why do you think the Leafs got rid of him? I bet a lot of people don't even know that he's the Oil captain and not former Oiler Ryan Smyth.
manninm Posted - 03/26/2007 : 14:12:19
Underrated - Jason Smith - The heart and soul of Edmonton...what heart and soul it has left

Overrated - Hasek
Buddyno2000 Posted - 03/26/2007 : 12:22:45
quote:

Underated: Jussi Jokinen or Sheldon Souray

Overated: Jeff Friesen or Sergei Samsonov

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~

Sorry Man but I don't believe that Souray Is underated I would rater say he is Overrated and I realy mean OVERated

Go leafs Go by the way
bablaboushka Posted - 03/26/2007 : 12:08:43
quote:

Overrated:
- Ryan Smyth - The most unexciting player to watch....And that is the face of the Oil? Sheesh! You guys need a face lift!

Good calls, but:
quote:

Did Cheechoo ever publicly declare himself a hero? I said he is a 30-40 goal scorer, and the fact that he's 30+ right now in a season where he's missed a half dozen games and has been playing on a bad knee is pretty darn good.

I don't understand how Thornton could possibly be over-rated. If word was spreading that he was a playoff god, then yeah I would agree. Right now he is 2nd in scoring and seems to be the only one who could catch Sidney and he hasn't even earned A DISCUSSION about being the MVP this year. I don't think that's being over-rated. I'm not suggesting he deserves it more than Crosby-Brodeur-Luongo, but he deserves to at least be considered, which he is not.
semin-rules Posted - 03/26/2007 : 11:51:53
quote:

Underrated:
- Alex Frolov - Dude plays in an aweful team setting, and still manages to get 30+ goals!
- Sakic - Makes others around him better, and the best Canadian hockey player still playing!

Hangin' in T.O.

Sakic is not underated. Everyone knows that he is amazing, and that he is the life of Colorado. Selanne is also not underated!!!

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
Guest9655 Posted - 03/26/2007 : 11:27:06
Overrated:
- Crosby - sorry, he's not the "Next" one!
- Sundin - Leafs fans keep saying that he needs this player with him, or he needs that player with him....If he was good, he would make the others around him better!

Underrated:

Hangin' in T.O.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page