Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Best Scandinavian player

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
stastnysforever Posted - 05/18/2007 : 14:32:13
Who is The Best Scandinavian player ever
27   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
fat_elvis_rocked Posted - 07/05/2008 : 16:36:45
Borje Salming....ground breaking pioneer. Every kid growing up in the 70's playing defence, and not a Habs fan, was either Borje or Bobby in the outdoor shinny games....
hockster Posted - 07/05/2008 : 11:50:00
What do the Stastny s have in common?
They cant win a cup!
hockster Posted - 07/05/2008 : 11:44:41
Hakan Loob
stastnysforever Posted - 05/24/2007 : 16:27:30
quote:
Originally posted by I´m also Cånädiön

quote:
Originally posted by tctitans

quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

Finland is in Scandinavia...

Finnish isn't related to Swedish or Norwegian or Danish, but Finland is in Scandinavia.

Sorry Mik, you are wrong about this one. Finland is a Nordic country but is *not* part of Scandinavia. I go to Finland twice a month since I work for a Finnish company and this fact is pretty clear. This is a very common mistake - 5 years ago, I thought Finland was Scandinavia!

That´s correct Finland is not a part of Scandinavia but a nordic country. Swedes Norwegians and Danes understand eachother quite good. Finnish is not even a Germanic or Latin based language It´s more related to hungarian. Finland is a former swedish territory or colony so they speak both languages. Only finnish in some parts, only swedish in some and both in some areas. Norwegian and swedish are the two most similar languages (norway was also swedish not so long ago).
Icelandic has not changed that much (relative) under the last millenium and is the closest you can come to "Viking language".

Edit: OK offtopic but Mikhailova might find it interesting.

(Time differance Pickuphockey-Sweden approx +9 hours 1min 5sek......so I can always blame it on Jetlag.)

O I didn't know that

what do Calgary and a tea bag have in common- they're both only good for one cup
Mikhailova Posted - 05/24/2007 : 13:02:45
Thanks I'm also Cånädiön, but I did know that about the languages (yeah I'm kind of a nerd, lol). Finnish, Hungarian, Estonian, and Mongolian are related. Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, German, Dutch, and Icelandic are a different group.

So anyway, if we get technical, I'd say the best Scandinavian player would be Lidstrom, and I'd say the best Nordic player would be Selanne.
GOWINGS19 Posted - 05/24/2007 : 10:47:11
Lidstrom, Selanne, and Homer my favorites

"I don’t need to score the goal. I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals." -Vladmir Konstantinov
I´m also Cånädiön Posted - 05/24/2007 : 09:07:12
quote:
Originally posted by tctitans

quote:

Finnish isn't related to Swedish or Norwegian or Danish, but Finland is in Scandinavia.

Sorry Mik, you are wrong about this one. Finland is a Nordic country but is *not* part of Scandinavia. I go to Finland twice a month since I work for a Finnish company and this fact is pretty clear. This is a very common mistake - 5 years ago, I thought Finland was Scandinavia!

That´s correct Finland is not a part of Scandinavia but a nordic country. Swedes Norwegians and Danes understand eachother quite good. Finnish is not even a Germanic or Latin based language It´s more related to hungarian. Finland is a former swedish territory or colony so they speak both languages. Only finnish in some parts, only swedish in some and both in some areas. Norwegian and swedish are the two most similar languages (norway was also swedish not so long ago).
Icelandic has not changed that much (relative) under the last millenium and is the closest you can come to "Viking language".

Edit: OK offtopic but Mikhailova might find it interesting.

(Time differance Pickuphockey-Sweden approx +9 hours 1min 5sek......so I can always blame it on Jetlag.)
tctitans Posted - 05/23/2007 : 16:02:44
quote:

tctitans Posted - 05/23/2007 : 16:01:32
As for the best Scandinavian player, I'd say it has to be Forsberg or Lidstrom, with Nilsson a close second. Nilsson was easily the most talented Scandinavian player ever (IMO) but he didnt have the intangibles that the others had (grit, determination, heart, ...).
Mikhailova Posted - 05/23/2007 : 16:00:13

tctitans Posted - 05/23/2007 : 15:59:12
quote:
Originally posted by stastnysforever

Who is The Best Scandinavian player ever

If you want a poll of Best Scandinavian player ever, you need to remove Kurri, Selanne, Koivu, and Kiprusoff since they are not Scandinavian!
KariyaSelanne Posted - 05/23/2007 : 15:53:35
I said Selanne because Gretzky helped Kurri alot and Selanne doesn't have an all-star helping him.
Guest0964 Posted - 05/21/2007 : 16:46:54
if youre going to put naslund or koivu you might want to add sundin and forsberg, they may have done a thing or two throughout their careers
stastnysforever Posted - 05/19/2007 : 15:48:43
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0011

umm no one said sundin? not even an option! theres a reason he was the first EUROPEAN player let alone scandinavian...he's carried the leafs on his back so many times and is just amazing...523 goals 720 assists 1,243 points...and one heck of a leader, someone screwed up leaving him out of this...

That's why I put other there.
Guest0011 Posted - 05/19/2007 : 14:04:51
umm no one said sundin? not even an option! theres a reason he was the first EUROPEAN player let alone scandinavian...he's carried the leafs on his back so many times and is just amazing...523 goals 720 assists 1,243 points...and one heck of a leader, someone screwed up leaving him out of this...
SlowShot Posted - 05/19/2007 : 13:17:31
I vote Salming. Nobody would be on this list without him. He was the first true inivator of hockey for europeans and first ever to be inducted into the hall of fame
stastnysforever Posted - 05/19/2007 : 12:53:46
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8023

I never really saw Kurri play, but I've seen some of his numbers and my dad used to go to almost every oilers game so through him I know a lot of the oilers during the 80s

YA same here
Guest8023 Posted - 05/19/2007 : 12:52:32
I never really saw Kurri play, but I've seen some of his numbers and my dad used to go to almost every oilers game so through him I know a lot of the oilers during the 80s
Saku Steen Posted - 05/19/2007 : 04:54:42
I said Selanne because he is such a good offence player. I really dont know about Kurri so I couldnt vote for him.
I´m also Cånädiön Posted - 05/19/2007 : 01:43:15
I voted Salming, suggestions for other guys to put up there would be Peter Forsberg and Tomas Holmström.

To me Forsberg will always be the god of hockey no matter what anyone says and the reason he´s been so injured is because the only way to stop him has been to take cheapshots on him. The guy had some provokative physical playing style for someone so gifted and he was a swede. By the last I´m saying that players like Crosby deserves a lot more hits than they get.

Edit: I might add that it´s a big chance I´m a bit biased as best scandinavian player pretty much is finns and swedes. (Even if the danes have some interesting young players on the go).
PainTrain Posted - 05/18/2007 : 17:18:53
Selanne, hes still got a couple years left in him he should be able to beat Kurri's amount of goals, without the help of Gretzky.
Mikhailova Posted - 05/18/2007 : 17:14:46
Tough choice between Selanne and Kurri. Kurri scored more goals than any European (though he did have Gretzky to help with some of that), but Selanne's also a natural goal-scorer and had a slamming rookie season, and has been on fire ever since. In the end I said Selanne, since we don't know how many goals Kurri would've gotten had Gretzky not been on his line.
1 Crosby fan Posted - 05/18/2007 : 17:07:05
Yes srry i forgot about them i was in a hurry tho too, and I still stand by what i said

Good Playoffs Canucks Better luck next season now i cheer the WINGS AND DEVILS GO
Canucks Man Posted - 05/18/2007 : 16:55:59
1CF, Coffey put up over 80 points 6 times in his career all after Orr, Ray Bourque did it 8 times, Denis Potvin did it 5 times, and im sure there were a few more.
As to answer the question, Kurri I think is the best of that group

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Get The Towels Out Guys PLAYOFFS!!!
1 Crosby fan Posted - 05/18/2007 : 14:47:16
I said Nik Lidstrom because he kinda like controls the game when he plays and What is like the First D-man to put up at least 80 points since Ray Bourque and Paul Coffey, and Teemu Selanne and Jarri Kurri close seconds
semin-rules Posted - 05/18/2007 : 14:35:11
Since I idn't get to see Kurri play, I am going with Selanne with Lidstrom second

~~~Let's Go Ducks!!!~~~
stastnysforever Posted - 05/18/2007 : 14:33:55
I voted Kurri because he got the most goals out of any European ever, but I could have just as easily said Selanne fro his rookie season

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page