Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Strange Salary Cap

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ryan Harper Posted - 11/22/2005 : 11:51:47
Anyone else think it is funny that NHL teams are consistently calling up, sending down and then recalling AHL players to save a few K on their cap. And they can't accomplish this on paper because the league wants to see airline ticket stubs as proof. Hope none of these fringe players has a fear of flying. Another strange effect of the salary cap.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
blade Posted - 12/02/2005 : 13:43:02
Mogilny is always a good trade rumour
Ryan Harper Posted - 12/02/2005 : 11:27:10
Another Cap Issue: When Patrick Elias returns from his bout with hepatitis, the Devils payroll will be at about $42.5 million - $3.5 million above the cap. They will have to trade either one impact player: Mogilny, Madden, Malakhov, who all make around $3.5 million or a Langenbrunner/Kozlov or Brylin/White combination to get under the cap.
So looks like we can start discussing some more trade rumors. I am getting a bit tired of the Luongo ones.
jkrief Posted - 11/24/2005 : 16:29:34
quote:
Originally posted by Jack Kayden 66

I agree about the call ups. Tough to feel like part of the team when you are on a plane while the rest of the team is practising, but then back for the game. What is Jkrief talking about... probably never been on a team and has no idea, poor kid. Getting picked last all the time has got to hurt the self esteem. Lets leave the creative accounting to the Enrons of the world.

Ripley Posted - 11/24/2005 : 11:21:29
I've never seen so much transaction activity. I smell some rule changes coming...
Jack Kayden 66 Posted - 11/24/2005 : 09:13:43
I agree about the call ups. Tough to feel like part of the team when you are on a plane while the rest of the team is practising, but then back for the game. What is Jkrief talking about... probably never been on a team and has no idea, poor kid. Getting picked last all the time has got to hurt the self esteem. Lets leave the creative accounting to the Enrons of the world.
jkrief Posted - 11/23/2005 : 13:06:48
if your afraid of a little "creative accounting" you should stick to writing columns and stay out of making money...

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page