Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Strange Salary Cap Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ryan Harper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
322 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2005 :  11:51:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone else think it is funny that NHL teams are consistently calling up, sending down and then recalling AHL players to save a few K on their cap. And they can't accomplish this on paper because the league wants to see airline ticket stubs as proof. Hope none of these fringe players has a fear of flying. Another strange effect of the salary cap.

jkrief
Top Prospect

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2005 :  13:06:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if your afraid of a little "creative accounting" you should stick to writing columns and stay out of making money...
Go to Top of Page

Jack Kayden 66
Top Prospect

Canada
61 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2005 :  09:13:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree about the call ups. Tough to feel like part of the team when you are on a plane while the rest of the team is practising, but then back for the game. What is Jkrief talking about... probably never been on a team and has no idea, poor kid. Getting picked last all the time has got to hurt the self esteem. Lets leave the creative accounting to the Enrons of the world.
Go to Top of Page

Ripley
PickupHockey Pro

USA
365 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2005 :  11:21:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've never seen so much transaction activity. I smell some rule changes coming...
Go to Top of Page

jkrief
Top Prospect

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2005 :  16:29:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jack Kayden 66

I agree about the call ups. Tough to feel like part of the team when you are on a plane while the rest of the team is practising, but then back for the game. What is Jkrief talking about... probably never been on a team and has no idea, poor kid. Getting picked last all the time has got to hurt the self esteem. Lets leave the creative accounting to the Enrons of the world.

Go to Top of Page

Ryan Harper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
322 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2005 :  11:27:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another Cap Issue: When Patrick Elias returns from his bout with hepatitis, the Devils payroll will be at about $42.5 million - $3.5 million above the cap. They will have to trade either one impact player: Mogilny, Madden, Malakhov, who all make around $3.5 million or a Langenbrunner/Kozlov or Brylin/White combination to get under the cap.
So looks like we can start discussing some more trade rumors. I am getting a bit tired of the Luongo ones.
Go to Top of Page

blade
Rookie

Canada
199 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2005 :  13:43:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mogilny is always a good trade rumour
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To: