Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Canucks acquire some D

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ryan Harper Posted - 03/09/2006 : 08:58:32
It has been a slow morning with only 3 trades. Chicago trading Todd Simpson to Montreal for a 6th round pick; Islanders trading Lukowich to the Devils for a 3rd round pick; Canucks acquire Sean Brown for a 4th round pick.

Who? I asked myself the same thing. All three were D-men and I know both Simpson and Lukowich, but Brown? I hope that is not the only move the Canucks make because I don't see how he is better than Steve McCarthy. Check out his career ststs here:
http://www.nhl.com/players/8462051.html
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
blade Posted - 03/14/2006 : 17:15:52
I thought this post says the Cancucks picked up some D? huh?
pucker Posted - 03/14/2006 : 10:53:58
The new D hasn't really helped yet. I never thought i would say this but - Thanks God for the Sedins! These guys should be the top line and Naslund, Morrison, Bertuzzi can be the fourth line until they start producing. The Sedins have taken a lot of abuse over the years but have worked really hard and earned the right to be the Canucks top line. Henrik leads the team in assists, points and +/-. They need some help if the Canucks are going to make the playoffs.
bablaboushka Posted - 03/09/2006 : 14:45:44
Most boring trade deadline of my life.
blade Posted - 03/09/2006 : 13:47:11
hahaha. Yes you're right, the d is now HUGELY deep. And that is pretty important for the canucks since they play a very offensively miinded system. They'll need a strong d when the forwards cough it up. :-)

but at least the canucks made some moves, I'm a little concerned that the flames didn't make any. They need some secondary scoring badly but didn't pick anyone up.
Jack Kayden 66 Posted - 03/09/2006 : 13:36:39
Weinrich as well. Wow the Canucks defence went from really bad to really good. Sorry Blade but I see a deep run into the playoffs with these new additions.
blade Posted - 03/09/2006 : 13:11:09
It's all a waste of time. Canucks will fall early. Should have traded bert.
pucker Posted - 03/09/2006 : 11:34:45
I guess we are both psychic - Carney is the 2nd defenceman. He is a good aquisition and will be solid for the Canucks during the playoffs. This article says he was acquired for an unspecified draft pick and prospect - I wonder who?

http://www.pickuphockey.com/hockeynews.aspx?article=h030933A
Donald Beckett Posted - 03/09/2006 : 10:43:38
I don't see how he helps Vancouver's defence. You were right pucker - Noronen is trade #2. maybe one more D man to come?
pucker Posted - 03/09/2006 : 09:13:17
Not impressed with this move Nonis. There has got to be another move in the works. Simpson has a big contract and Brown makes the league minimum - both are unrestriceted next year so why not go after Simpson? We have thre cap room. Hopefully we get Witt.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page