Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Sharks fans hate Canada?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pucker Posted - 05/15/2006 : 09:09:00
There was a lot of booing going on during the singing of the Canadian National Anthem last night. This is something that the media loves to blow out of proportion when it is a Canadian city booing the American Anthem. Funny that the American fans don't get criticized like the Montreal Canadiens fans did.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
NuckH8R Posted - 05/19/2006 : 08:52:14
As an American I was a bit embarrassed when the anthem was booed. Whether or not they were booing the Oliers specifically - it is somthing that shouldn't happen.
leigh Posted - 05/18/2006 : 10:46:54
I think after the big loss last night the sharks fans might hate the canadians even a little more. joking.
pucker Posted - 05/18/2006 : 09:31:49
Last night was priceless! What better way to show that the Canadian fan has more class than the American fan, but to cheer the United States national anthem.
Ryan Harper Posted - 05/18/2006 : 09:20:52
Ripley you are probably right about the mob mentality thing but I still stand by the fact that it was the Sharks Fans booing the Oilers and not Canada. It honestly did not bother me that much. Now when the Canadian flag was held upside down during the Blue Jays world series win I was definitely insulted.

Ripley Posted - 05/16/2006 : 12:35:59
I think true hockey fans don't do that. It's just a bunch of yahoos who start it and then a mob mentality kicks in. I'm American and I don't boo other nations...just players. Booing players is DEFINITELY part of the game! Like Pronger!
Ryan Harper Posted - 05/16/2006 : 09:46:12
Last night I caught a bit of the Best Damn Sports Show on Earth and they had a short discussion on this. It was short because it was obvious that the Sharks fans were just indirectly booing the Oilers. One of the guys said it best - "There are probably 15 Canadian Players on the Sharks".

Hey pucker, I think the reason why the American fans don't get criticized is because we Canadians choose not to let it bother us. One of the many differnces between us.
leigh Posted - 05/15/2006 : 16:20:24
We had it coming. I was at the world juniors in Dec/Jan. The Vancouver fans booed the Americans out of the building. I certainly don't think that we should be booing nations but, what goes around comes around.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page