Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 most under rated player/goalie

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
semin-rules Posted - 12/08/2006 : 20:13:12
right now im thinking the most under rated goalie would be j.s gigure hes doing so well with 17-4 and everyone is lookin at ryan miller and sayin hes the best

and most underrated player i would say brain rolston people know that hes there and hes pretty good but i dont think people know his true potential
40   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Just-in-time Posted - 01/23/2007 : 16:24:35
I would say Luongo is underated, he doesnt have much of a team but i think he is the best goalie in the Nhl, behind Martin brodeur

Go Jets Go
semin-rules Posted - 01/22/2007 : 18:33:50
quote:
Originally posted by KariyaSelanne

quote:
Origianally posted by devilsjetsfan

For me i would have to say tim thomas. He is an outstanding goltender and dosent get enough recognition.

I totally agree with you trav, he is doing great this year and you never hear about this guy.

Go Preds Go!!!

i agree with you guys also

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
KariyaSelanne Posted - 01/22/2007 : 15:12:36
quote:
Origianally posted by devilsjetsfan

For me i would have to say tim thomas. He is an outstanding goltender and dosent get enough recognition.

I totally agree with you trav, he is doing great this year and you never hear about this guy.

Go Preds Go!!!
devilsjetsfan Posted - 01/22/2007 : 15:02:45

Go Devils Go
PuckNuts Posted - 01/19/2007 : 21:25:07
Bower ?

After all tomorrow is another day...
admin Posted - 01/16/2007 : 09:54:22
Last time I checked, the topic was most underrated player, not lets poke fun at other forum members. Please Keep on Topic.

And lets stop the name calling or you are both grounded
Beans15 Posted - 01/16/2007 : 08:04:15
You may view that as a cheap shot, and to a certain degree that is the way it was intended. What is really annoying about you is that you have a this attitude about you that makes me think you are more about personal opinion than fact or logic. How am I supposed to do research on who you are? If I google "I Hate Crosby" will I find a picture of you in hockey gear that says "could have had a scholarship if he didn't get hurt." Besides that, I could care less about who you played with, who knocked you out, or what could have happened if you didn't get hurt. Your posts are what I am commenting on. And what I am saying if you don't need to have played hockey to have a educated opinion about it. Many of your posts are about your personal preference but don't make any sense. The last few are no different. You talk about Cujo being inconsistent because of his style.How do you get the 5th most wins for a goalie in history if you are inconsistent? Every goalie has bombed in games. Belfour has, Roy has, Broduer has, all of them. What is your point?? Is it that Cujo bombed while playing for your beloved Leafs?? If that is the case, then say so. At least that would make sense. It's hard to understand your point when you flip flop.
I HATE CROSBY Posted - 01/15/2007 : 18:37:39
Beans, i like cujo, but he has always been inconsistent.....he'll play great for a week or so, then BOOM, he s***s the bed....He has always done it...maybe if you guys actually followed hockey, you'd get it. He let down the leafs numerous times in the big games in the playoffs....99 vs. buffalo in the semi's...let by 6 goals in 2 periods...then he tanked against the devils in game 7...and vs carolina in a deciding game...Cujo is one of my all-time favs, but he does have a habit of bombing in random games...Ed belfour (pre-lockout) was very consistent, he'd screw up puck handelling, but he was always in position for shots and that is a key for consistent goaltending...Watch Toskala too. He'll let in a goal where the puck hits the MIDDLE of the net..That is BAD POSITIONING.

ps:who the hell do you think you are? I got knocked out 4 times while playing junior hockey ....I have played with many players who are now in the nhl, and if not for injuries I probably could have had some sort of hockey career (or a scholarship at least!)...so do a little research before you go making claims like that...I never said cujo was bad..I said positional goalies are more RELIABLE...But that's a cheap shot you flake.

I HATE CROSBY
Beans15 Posted - 01/15/2007 : 17:54:01
IHC, Joseph has one really crappy year and that makes him a bad goalie?? His career is done, no question, but how can you say the goalie with the 5th most career wins is bad?? He has over a 100 more than Hasek! Oh, right, because you are a goalie. Ya, now I remember. You know everything about hockey and goaltending because you are a goalie. Well, with your knowledge alone I am amazed that you are not starting in the NHL today. Why again are you not a big league player??

Guest1461 Posted - 01/15/2007 : 16:49:34
goalie is Voukon in nashville cuz he is shuttin the door for them
player is Roman Hamrlik for calgary because he is a +24 and plays 25 min a night
dion phaneuf gets all the credit but when hamrlik was out phaneuf was a minus 9
Ripley Posted - 01/15/2007 : 16:34:45
I totally agree that Stillman is waaaaay underrated. He only makes 1.75 million/year and has put up about 75points a season for the last 3 years. Good call 2880!
Guest2880 Posted - 01/15/2007 : 15:29:21
how come no one is mentioning cory stillman? No one talks of him at all... 80 points in 2004 helped tampa win the cup, high 70's in 2006 played a major role in the playoffs and was a serious conn smyth contender. Also i could throw in that Martin straka is highly underrated, in new york as in pitsburg jagr got all the glory.

Btw gigure is not even close to being underrated... ever since his run to the finals a couple years back his stock has been through the roof

And Drury is that a joke, have you seen how hard tsn is sucking buffalo's d*** lately?
I HATE CROSBY Posted - 01/15/2007 : 14:09:50
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4294

Who cares what Toskala looks like if he can stop a puck? Hasek ain't that pretty either but he gets the job done doesn't he?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think any young goalie SHOULD care how he/she looks...Toskala and hasek are a rare group.....Sound technical play makes goaltending substantially easier....Sloppy goalies have a habit of being inconsistent (minus hasek)...Tim thomas and curtis joseph are proof that lack of technique leads to inconsistent play!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HATE CROSBY
Guest4139 Posted - 01/15/2007 : 08:01:40
I'm not a Brunis fan, but i'mm gonna go with two of em. Tim Thomas is the most underrated goalie by far, you'd know if he didn't play for Boston. And judging by the way we laughed and laughed when my buddy picked Glen Murray, and the amount of points he's got; he's definently the most underrated player. Mattias Ohlund is really underrated as well.
Guest4294 Posted - 01/15/2007 : 07:27:27
Who cares what Toskala looks like if he can stop a puck? Hasek ain't that pretty either but he gets the job done doesn't he?
I HATE CROSBY Posted - 01/14/2007 : 18:31:28
First off, Nabokov is a billion times better than toskala....Toskala's style is reminiscent of something from the 70's...I think Nabokov has a terrific technical game, with perfect positioning.....Don't get me wrong, Toskala is ok, but he isn't pretty to watch.

Martin Biron is the most underrated goaltender in the league...I think the talent gap between him and miller is miniscule at best....I hope bufallo trades him soon (preferably to Toronto hahahaha), so he can develope into a first class #1.

I HATE CROSBY
Mikhailova Posted - 01/14/2007 : 17:45:58
quote:
Originally posted by Reiko24

Chris Drury is underrated big time

Drury underrated? I don't think so. He gets a fair amount of credit and good comments during Sabres games. He's not ignored at all.

quote:
Originally posted by ryschevy1

In my opinion Martin Straka

That I agree with. Straka is a great all-around player and perhaps the reason he is less focused on is because Jagr and Shanahan get all the attention. But Straka is not one to ignore.

I'd also say that Toskala and Vanek are underrated.
-oil-country- Posted - 01/14/2007 : 17:15:15
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4033

what's with the giguere love? he's probably been the most overrated goalie EVER. without nied&prong he (and the ducks) are nothing...
having said that... olaf kolzig & manny legace for goalies

i agree 100% w/ schaefer & rolston, but what about chris clark, scott hartnell, alexi ponikovarosky, steve staios, & colby armstrong??? anyone?

i'd say Chris Clark is under rated but none of those others
semin-rules Posted - 01/09/2007 : 15:40:25
what about alexander semin?? ovy has all the gory for washington but semin is setting him up all the time

thats where i got my name (becuase he does rule)

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
semin-rules Posted - 01/09/2007 : 15:35:48
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

Well I wouldn't call Toskala a backup seen as him and Nabokov split the goaltending duties equally. But he is DEFINITELY heavily under-rated.

true

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
Guest4033 Posted - 01/08/2007 : 18:40:54
what's with the giguere love? he's probably been the most overrated goalie EVER. without nied&prong he (and the ducks) are nothing...
having said that... olaf kolzig & manny legace for goalies

i agree 100% w/ schaefer & rolston, but what about chris clark, scott hartnell, alexi ponikovarosky, steve staios, & colby armstrong??? anyone?
bablaboushka Posted - 01/08/2007 : 18:33:24
Well I wouldn't call Toskala a backup seen as him and Nabokov split the goaltending duties equally. But he is DEFINITELY heavily under-rated.
semin-rules Posted - 01/08/2007 : 18:17:04
hey....what about Vesa Toskala, the backup for the San Jose Sharks? He's 17-6. Thats pretty good for a backup. And for a player...what about Daymond Langkow? He is second in points after Iginla

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
1 Crosby fan Posted - 01/07/2007 : 18:33:48
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9698

Spelling bee champion...yes...hockey fan...yes...and leading in my pool...yes again...hmmmm...underrated players...why not just underachievers, achievers and overachievers...I like the way the Sedins are performing but Markus Naslund is in a funk...Kopitar might even give Malkin a good go for Calder this year...too bad the Kings are generally an ugly team...I have Crosby in my pool and he has a nice lead in ppg...is he overachieving or right on pace...could you even call Crosby underrated???

Betterr speel sumthin rong or ull think i got OcD?!?!?!?

I wouldn't call Crosby underrated
Guest9698 Posted - 01/06/2007 : 20:46:10
Spelling bee champion...yes...hockey fan...yes...and leading in my pool...yes again...hmmmm...underrated players...why not just underachievers, achievers and overachievers...I like the way the Sedins are performing but Markus Naslund is in a funk...Kopitar might even give Malkin a good go for Calder this year...too bad the Kings are generally an ugly team...I have Crosby in my pool and he has a nice lead in ppg...is he overachieving or right on pace...could you even call Crosby underrated???

Betterr speel sumthin rong or ull think i got OcD?!?!?!?
bablaboushka Posted - 01/06/2007 : 15:57:20
Are you a dictionary salesman or a spelling bee judge?
Guest9698 Posted - 01/06/2007 : 15:55:15
un·der·rate...

To rate too low; underestimate.

Goalie...Chris Mason...who-da-thunk-it when Vokoun went down with the hitchhiking thumb injury you poolies (the ones in my pool anyway) thought Nashville would tank...not when your backup comes in and plays better than the starter (and yes I have Vokoun in my pool)...and how about Lehtinen for Atlanta...I know they score in bunches for him but he has steadily raised his game all season (so far)

Forwards...Sabres Vanek has to be up there...2nd in +/- top 10 in goals...is he underrated??? I already thought he was going to have a great year but I live near Buffalo so skew and bias is a factor...I want to throw in Afinagenov as well only because this is the first year the speedster has shown he has any finish

Defence...going back to the Sabres on this one...Brian Campbell...keeps the puck out of his own net with a great +17 and chips in with 26 points at the halfway mark of the season...Souray is on pace to double his best point total and leads his team in power play goals and assists...Av's Liles is my western pick...solid young player already has 10 goals

Go ahead and crit·i·cize...

To find fault with: criticized the decision as unrealistic.
To judge the merits and faults of; analyze and evaluate.

P.S. not a Sabre fan...just giving credit where due
Trevman12 Posted - 01/06/2007 : 12:14:46
quote:
Originally posted by 1 Crosby fan

I'd say the most underrated goalie is Patrick Lalime and the player would be Ryan Kesler

Shawn Howard

I don't think that Ryan Kesler is underated at all! Go look at how much thet he is earning this year!
dummy101 Posted - 01/05/2007 : 14:20:51
Brind'Amour and Legace
basic0 Posted - 01/04/2007 : 14:34:08
Now I'm not a Senators fan by any means, but I think Ray Emery has been underrated.

During the end of last season and in the playoffs, when Hasek was out with an injury, Emery stepped in and played remarkably well for a rookie. The analysts seemed to want to pin the Sens' playoff collapse on Emery, but the Buffalo OT goal that decided the series was as much Alfredsson's fault as it was Emery's.

In the offseason, the Sens picked up Martin Gerber, delivering a message to Ray Emery: "We don't think you're a #1 goalie." The media seemed to agree.

In the end, it took numerous horrible performances from Gerber, and a league-leading GAA before anyone was even ASKING "Could Ray Emery maybe be a #1 goaltender?".

The media seems to have finally (and hesitantly) conceded that yes, Emery is a pretty darn good goalie, and is deserving of the #1 job in Ottawa.

Waiting until a goalie is statistically one of the best in the league before even CONSIDERING that he could be your #1 guy? Now THAT'S underrating a player.
semin-rules Posted - 01/04/2007 : 12:47:56
quote:
Originally posted by Kashmire

For goalie I couldn't decide. E. Belfour, K. Weekes, C. Joseph, and J.S Aubin are my oicks for goalies...these picks will robably start something up in this topic

belfour and joseph are washed up they had there glory days. i agree with Aubin though
bablaboushka Posted - 01/03/2007 : 12:02:48
Not only are you Manitoban but you're wise, good man.
ryschevy1 Posted - 01/03/2007 : 08:36:48
In my opinion Martin Straka, Vesa Toskala, and maybe Patrice Bergeron are underrated. Toskala for sure!. Anyone remember the '06 playoffs? Guess not cuz this guy was amazing and he should be #1 goalie somewhere else. I think that (dare i say cuz i'm an Oiler fan) Roloson is way overrated and that Toskala should be gettin more attention than Rolie. Look at Roloson's record 15-15-and somethin and he's considered and elite goalie?? COME ON GIMME A BREAK!! If he starts playin more consistent then maybe but until then i don't see why he's on an all-star ballot and Toskala isn't. As for Straka, he's in the same shoes as Nylander playing in the shadows of Shanny and Jagr. But would Shanny and Jagr have as many points as they do if Nylander and Straka weren't there? Doubt it!!
leigh Posted - 12/26/2006 : 18:39:33
I agree, big time, with Savard, Nylander and Drury! And Marleau has always been under appreciated. He's a great player!

Can Paul Kariya with the Nashville Predators be considered 'under rated' these days? He goes about his business pretty quietly, and a lot of people think he is too small and damaged goods. Anyone?
Blubberboy Posted - 12/26/2006 : 17:51:51
Alexandre Burrows.
He is doing great.

Go Canucks
Mikhailova Posted - 12/23/2006 : 18:02:51
I'd say the most underrated player (as a captain) is Saku Koivu. He's been with the Canadiens for 11 years, undergone several shoulder surgeries, missed nearly an entire season with cancer that he was able to recover from, had a stick shoved in his eye and almost lost vision, became Montreal's first ever European captain, won a Masterton trophy, and has been essential in international competitions and in the Olympics in Turin, and is still playing. Yet he really doesn't get that much attention. He's a great leader for the Habs and a great player who's endured so many injuries and even cancer and has been able to conquer all of them. But you hardly hear about him. Except when he gets injured.
the hockey guy Posted - 12/23/2006 : 17:07:03
quote:
Originally posted by Kashmire

To 4785, The reason I say Belfour is underrated is becasuse he is the 3rd goaile in histroy with most wins behind Roy and Brodeur(this also edits a past note when I said he was 2nd). Belfour is 41 and still plays his position well. He can still play, not as well as he once did but, he scan still play. Weekes is just a bit underrated in my mind because he is completely covered in the shadow of Henrik Lundqvist. Weekes can certainly come up big in games, he's proved that already...to me at least. Joseph has gotten the S-H-!-T end of the stick im afraid. He did sort of bring it upon himself though, he wasn't so hot in 05/06 which severely degraded his image. I believe he still has great goaltending skills but plays with the coyotes...enough said about his back up. I'm not saying any of these guys are a Martin Brodeur or who ever but I believe these guys have been casted aside and forgotten about. Just personal opinions that I stick to strongly. All these guys can play well(Belfour at his age with less consistency)and should be thought higher of.

well the first part of the paragraph i dont agree with and i didnt bother reading the rest. Belfore is not that great and is for sure not underrated but he might possibly be overatted
semin-rules Posted - 12/23/2006 : 15:36:41
i think that chris clark is really underrated because hes in the shadow of ovy so he doesnt get much glory, when really he sets up most of everything that ovy has done
semin-rules Posted - 12/22/2006 : 19:41:52
quote:
Originally posted by ED11
[br Close behind him, that no one mentioned yet, I think is Marc Savard. 97pts last season and didn't get any attention at all for it. He was one point behind Kovalchuk and this year leads the Bruins with 36pts in 29 games. He is underrated.

i totaly agree with that!!!!
I HATE CROSBY Posted - 12/21/2006 : 00:56:28
Patrick lalime was solid.....he had one bad game againts the greatest team (toronto)....in 2003 he was soooooooooooooooooooo good in the playoffs and yet everyone slammed his playoff performance..Don't get me wrong I'm a big ray emery fan, but there was nothing wrong with lalime. He struggled in st. Louis b/c his confidence was shattered.....he was a great guy too...and I'm sad he'll never be back.....although I'd rather see felix potvin (that's the greatest man of them all)

I HATE CROSBY

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page