Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Anonymous trade rumours

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest6916 Posted - 11/20/2006 : 10:34:18
Here is what I have heard today:

-Canucks looking at Trading Morrison. His salary and performance make him a difficult guy to move. One rumour has him going to Chicago for BC boy Brent Seabrook. Seabrook has also been rumoured to Buffalo for Kotalik. Chicago wants a centre to play with Havlat.

-Tampa needs cap relief and other than trading one of the big 3, Denis' name has been mentioned as they have confidence in Holmqvist.

-Forsberg will probably be dealt at the deadline. Only a small portion of his $5 million+ salary will remain making him a great rental.

-Ken Hiotchcock to replace Gallant in Colombus

-Jovanovski for Nabakov. This has been denied by Phoenix and should be as it makes no sense.
-

40   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest4170 Posted - 12/20/2006 : 10:11:09
rumor going around the morrison might go to ottawa

said so in ottawa paper
Beans15 Posted - 12/20/2006 : 07:33:35
Great Rebuttal on the Smyth Trade Discussion, now here is mine:

1) Bergeron being a top prospect does not win games. And he is not the Oilers highest scoring D-Man, Tjarnqvist is. And Bergeron gets significantly more time on the powerplay than Tjarnqvist. Bouwmeester is in the Top 30 defensemen in +/- at plus 8, on a team that gives up 3+ goals a game. And FLA doesn't depend on him for scoring as much when Salei has 23 points and is 13th in defensive scoring. A game like last night shows how much the Oilers need a more defensive player on the back end. (By the way, I feel about Bergeron as you feel about Smith. To me, Bergeron is the most over-rated player for the Oilers and needs to go)

2) Again, Horcoff being a potentially good player does not win games.

3) The trade is not great when you consider the talent that Smyth has, but if you take him out of the equation, it's a great trade. Like I said before, this is only a good trade if Smyth becomes a free agent this summer and leaves. If he stays, then it is not a good trade.

I still think that Bergeron and Horcoff are both expendable to improve the defense. Maybe even a Pisani or a Torres. But I think Lowe better do something soon to stay at pace in the uber competitive Northwest Division.
Guest0354 Posted - 12/20/2006 : 00:37:45
Last night, French media was talking about Federov to Mtl to center between Kovalev and Samsonov for Bonk (UFA) and way overpriced Ninnima. They don't like it though. Federov will still be making 6million next year. Might be least productive high paid line in the league. Plus Bonk and Mike Johnson are playing well together. One reason for Mtl's solid penallty kill. Ça sent la Coupe à Montréal!!!
lyall Posted - 12/19/2006 : 23:57:21
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

I agree that getting rid of Smyth is not a good idea. What I am saying is that if the Oilers are not going to give him $5-$6 million/year, he is gone. So we might as well get something in return.

And saying Jay Bouwmeester is only a little better than Bergeron is like saying Crosby is just an average scorer. Bouwmeester has played in World Hockey Championships and was on the Olympic Team. He was a plus player on a weak team last year, and had 46 points playing along side no other quality defensemen. Any coach/GM would take Bouwmeester over Bergeron, and he's an Edmonton boy as well!

Horcoff a good player under-performing is possible. Or is he a marginal player that had a good year last year because of the opportunity to play exclusively with Smyth and Hemsky? He's no better than 2nd/3rd line centre on most teams. Last year he had 73 points. Before that, no more than 40. This year he's on pace for 40 again. Few first line centres in the league produce less. In fact, even Horcoff's performance last year only put him 21st among centres. This year, he's 67th. That is only Centres!! Stoll, who spends a lot of time on the 3rd and sometimes 4th lines is 28th, 9 points ahead of Horcoff. I think Horcoff is marginal at best.

The Oilers offense might look good on paper, but that's it (unfortunately.) In reality, the Oilers are one of the worst offenses (20th in Goals/Game, 30th in Shots/Game, and 26th in Power Play %) and one of the better defenses (11th in Shots against/game, 9th in Goals Against/Game, and 1st in Penalty %). So does the Defense really need help???

And if you are a true Oilers fan you would not be saying Smith is good for nothing. The guy is the Captain and, together with Smyth, the heart of the team. He always in the top 5 in the NHL in blocked shots, other than this year has been a plus defensemen. He hits, he fights, he plays hurt. Why would you say he is good for nothing? He's a guy that most teams out there would never pass up on.

In the end, the trade only looks good if the Oilers are not planning on paying Smyth what he wants. My first choice is to keep Smyth. My second choice is to trade him for something good now and tomorrow. Bottom line is that the "On Paper" Oilers offense is not producing, and if they want another run at the Cup, it better improve soon!

Okay. It took a while for my rebutle, but her it goes:

1)I totally agree that Bouwmeester is better than Bergeron. But Bergeron is a "top prospect". At the Oilers skills competition he won fastest skater & hardest shot. He always plays on the power play. He leads the Oilers defencemen in goals with 4 & is tied for top points with 12. Bouwmeester has 1 more goal & 1 more assist than Bergeron, for a total of 14 points. And yes I know that Bouwmeester is still a much better defensive player. But what I am saying is that Bouwmeester for Berergon would be a good trade for the Oilers. But losing Smyth and our highest scoring defencemen for another young defencemen is not worth it.

2)Horcoff may be a marginal player, but he has the potential to be a really good player. He has not found his game at all the season & can do so much better.

3)Well, sadly I can't agrue with you on this one. Stats don't lie. It's sad but true.

4)Smith is so easily replacable. Any dummy can bloke a shot. She he's good at it but what else is he good at? I know he takes a lot of penalties. ie. Tonight against Colorado he took a penalty that could have been called a penalty shot. On the ensuing Avs power play a goal is scored. We loose by one goal.....Do I blame Smith for the lose? No. Not at all. But the captian of a team & veteren of the team should not be taking bad penalties. This is just one example(kind ofa bad one to but....) I don't think he deserves to be the captian. I never see him showing any signs of leadership. Question my loyalty to the Oilers all you want. But I hate him & can't wait to see him go.

5) Me to. But this is not a good trade.
pucker Posted - 12/18/2006 : 15:07:05
quote:

I agree that getting rid of Smyth is not a good idea. What I am saying is that if the Oilers are not going to give him $5-$6 million/year, he is gone. So we might as well get something in return.

And saying Jay Bouwmeester is only a little better than Bergeron is like saying Crosby is just an average scorer. Bouwmeester has played in World Hockey Championships and was on the Olympic Team. He was a plus player on a weak team last year, and had 46 points playing along side no other quality defensemen. Any coach/GM would take Bouwmeester over Bergeron, and he's an Edmonton boy as well!

Horcoff a good player under-performing is possible. Or is he a marginal player that had a good year last year because of the opportunity to play exclusively with Smyth and Hemsky? He's no better than 2nd/3rd line centre on most teams. Last year he had 73 points. Before that, no more than 40. This year he's on pace for 40 again. Few first line centres in the league produce less. In fact, even Horcoff's performance last year only put him 21st among centres. This year, he's 67th. That is only Centres!! Stoll, who spends a lot of time on the 3rd and sometimes 4th lines is 28th, 9 points ahead of Horcoff. I think Horcoff is marginal at best.

The Oilers offense might look good on paper, but that's it (unfortunately.) In reality, the Oilers are one of the worst offenses (20th in Goals/Game, 30th in Shots/Game, and 26th in Power Play %) and one of the better defenses (11th in Shots against/game, 9th in Goals Against/Game, and 1st in Penalty %). So does the Defense really need help???

And if you are a true Oilers fan you would not be saying Smith is good for nothing. The guy is the Captain and, together with Smyth, the heart of the team. He always in the top 5 in the NHL in blocked shots, other than this year has been a plus defensemen. He hits, he fights, he plays hurt. Why would you say he is good for nothing? He's a guy that most teams out there would never pass up on.

In the end, the trade only looks good if the Oilers are not planning on paying Smyth what he wants. My first choice is to keep Smyth. My second choice is to trade him for something good now and tomorrow. Bottom line is that the "On Paper" Oilers offense is not producing, and if they want another run at the Cup, it better improve soon!

I just assumed the Oil had a better offense than defense - thanks for the analysis. I think that the Oilers should try their best to resign Smyth. $6 million is probably too much, but can you really put a price on a mullet like that?
Beans15 Posted - 12/18/2006 : 10:19:45

Guest4912 Posted - 12/18/2006 : 08:15:41
Bergeron is performing really well on the PP and I think the oilers need him on the blue line because he and Stoll are the only guys with a shot on the power play.
oil guy Posted - 12/18/2006 : 08:02:37
Lyall, I think saying Smith is good for nothing is extreme, he block a lot of shots , but then so does a pylon. uh... never mind
lyall Posted - 12/17/2006 : 12:32:47
quote:

Big questions in Edmonton with Ryan Smyth. He is an UFA this summer and he wants at least $5/year. He has been out for two games now and the Oil have won both. If they stay strong without him, it just might happen. I don't want it to, but he could get traded. I heard a rumour a while back that had Smyth, Horcoff, and Bergeron going to Florida for Horton, Wiess, and Boumeester. I love Smytty, but that sounds like a deal to me.

As an oiler fan, I think this trade is really stupid. For one I would hate to see Smyth leave. Horcoff is a good player but is really underpreforming this year. & I not a real big fan of Bergeron. But what Edmonton needs a vetren defencemen. Not a young guy like Bouwmeester. To me it's piontless. Bouwmesster may be a little better than Bergeron, but not that much. I can see getting rid of Horcoff, but why trade for more forwards? And losing Smyth would be a bad idea. If you watch the Oilers play, you can see that they miss what he does in front of the net, epsecially on the power play.
I think Edmonton would really get the short end of the stick on this trade. Not to take away from Horton & Wiess. They are both good players. We just don't need more forwards. Hemsky, Sykora, Smyth, Horcoff, Lupul....On paper we have good offense. But when you look at the blue line, aside from Staios & Smith, It's all rookies. And Smith is good for nothing so.....
framer87 Posted - 12/17/2006 : 08:50:52
quote:
Originally posted by 1 Crosby fan

The buds really need leadership

yup

Go pens
Guest4134 Posted - 12/16/2006 : 10:20:14
i agree souray has great heart, tries all the time, and what i think is the hardest shot in the league..
1 Crosby fan Posted - 12/10/2006 : 19:55:13
Oh ok sorry bout that
oil guy Posted - 12/10/2006 : 19:18:57
quote:

What you said you would love to see them get rid of Smyth the you say Smyth shold stay a Oiler

No I said they sould have spent the money on Smyth, they could trade Horcoff and Pisani, and give bergeron away.
1 Crosby fan Posted - 12/10/2006 : 15:41:23
The buds really need leadership
spearbelly Posted - 12/10/2006 : 15:28:27
quote:

I hear toronto might trade Pavel Kubina to Flordia for Gary Roberts

DO IT...........Leafs need (other than CHRIS ANGEL) back end help,

but nothing Kubina can solve.And even though Roberts is aging , it wouldn't hurt the Buds to have some worthy leadership.
1 Crosby fan Posted - 12/10/2006 : 15:24:34
What you said you would love to see them get rid of Smyth the you say Smyth shold stay a Oiler
oil guy Posted - 12/10/2006 : 06:57:22
Myself, I do like seeing Edmonton get rid of Smyth. They sound have used some of the money they threw at Pisani and Horcoff to resign Smyth.
Trade those two and give bergeron away for a bag of jock straps and I think the team will be fine, but Smyth needs to stay an oiler.

1 Crosby fan Posted - 12/09/2006 : 23:53:53
I wonder what Edmonton fans would think of that trade
Beans15 Posted - 12/09/2006 : 16:04:18
I think the biggest point to the trade will be the fan reaction to Smyth leaving Edmonton. He is a huge draw for the team. I would like to see it though.
Guest5333 Posted - 12/08/2006 : 16:14:22
I like that trade. Looks good for Edmonton, 3 fresh young Canadians who all ready worked with each other, nice little package and i think they leave room for another UFA if Edmonton is desperate.
1 Crosby fan Posted - 12/08/2006 : 15:32:12
That sounds like a trade
Beans15 Posted - 12/08/2006 : 14:49:37
Big questions in Edmonton with Ryan Smyth. He is an UFA this summer and he wants at least $5/year. He has been out for two games now and the Oil have won both. If they stay strong without him, it just might happen. I don't want it to, but he could get traded. I heard a rumour a while back that had Smyth, Horcoff, and Bergeron going to Florida for Horton, Wiess, and Boumeester. I love Smytty, but that sounds like a deal to me.
Beans15 Posted - 12/08/2006 : 14:47:12
Isn't Sourey a free agent this summer?? He will command big dollars that Montreal might not have or want to spend. That is an uber competative division(like the NW) and Montreal is holding thier own. I like the move of Abbie, but can't see much else happening.
Guest5333 Posted - 12/08/2006 : 13:45:46
Gomez* not Nagy.
Guest5333 Posted - 12/08/2006 : 13:44:04
Montreal would never trade away Souray for someone as inconsistent as Nagy. Souray is one of the, if not the, best thing going for Montreal and they would be insane to get rid of him. I think Montreal should do what Dallas did, switch captancy of the habs to Souray which would up his play further and hoperfully inhance Koivu's play(being an assistant captin rather than a captain.
Guest4134 Posted - 12/08/2006 : 13:22:17
would the habs do that:'( souray has alot of heart i agree on trading samsonov and aebischer but not for nagy and that other guy.
1 Crosby fan Posted - 12/07/2006 : 22:42:27
I also hear that Montreal might trade Sheldon Sourey to New Jersey for Scott Gomez
1 Crosby fan Posted - 12/07/2006 : 22:38:45
I hear toronto might trade Pavel Kubina to Flordia for Gary Roberts
Ryan Harper Posted - 12/07/2006 : 22:14:46
quote:

i also hear that LeClair might go back to Phlly

No chance. They had the opportunity to take him on reentry waivers and have the Pens foot half the bill. He will retire.

"Some people skate to the puck. I skate to where the puck is going to be."
~Wayne Gretzky
1 Crosby fan Posted - 12/07/2006 : 22:06:38
i also hear that LeClair might go back to Phlly
1 Crosby fan Posted - 12/07/2006 : 22:04:22
i know but thats what i heard
bablaboushka Posted - 12/07/2006 : 21:59:19
That would suck the big one for Montreal.
1 Crosby fan Posted - 12/07/2006 : 21:45:58
I hear that Montreal might trade: David Aebischer Sergei Samsonov and 2/3 round pick to Pheonix for David Leneveu and Ladislav Nagy
Ryan Harper Posted - 11/30/2006 : 11:10:50
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

I strongly doubt that Philadelphia has cap room for Nabokov's $5 million/year. Is there anywhere that the teams' total salaries are posted online?

NHLPA.com has listing of every player's salary and is also listed by team.

Leclair just got waived by Pittsburgh. I keep forgetting but does Pittsburgh pay half the salary if he is claimed?

~Wayne Gretzky
bablaboushka Posted - 11/30/2006 : 11:06:22
I strongly doubt that Philadelphia has cap room for Nabokov's $5 million/year. Is there anywhere that the teams' total salaries are posted online?
Guest6916 Posted - 11/30/2006 : 08:59:06
Or will they?
Guest6916 Posted - 11/30/2006 : 08:58:15
-Leclair has been moved to the fourth line and it is being reported on a number of sites that he wants a fresh start somewhere else. Pittsburgh will have a tough time moving his $1.5 million salary. Does the $1.5 million include his wheelchair or would that be extra?

-I have heard Nabakov to Philly for Pitkanen. This one makes sense to me b/c Philly has been looking for a legit number one goalie for years. However if they are serious about a rebuild focused on their skilled youth, then they may look to a younger goaltender or top prospect al la Corey Schneider. I doubt the Canucks would part with Schneider though.

-Blackhawks Gm Dale Tallon states: "We're not giving up the [Brent] Seabrooks, [Duncan] Keiths, [Cam] Barkers or [Dave] Bollands," Tallon said. "We're not mortgaging our future as a Band-Aid to get us through a few games." Anyone believe him?

-Take these rumors with a grain of salt. There have been lots of juicy rumors and the biggest trade so far has been the Tellqvist for Nash deal. So 99% will never happen.
Ryan Harper Posted - 11/28/2006 : 14:29:57
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6916

Some more rumours floating about:

-Forsberg back to Colorado just won't go away and the Avs are reportedly offering up Karlis Skrastins.

-Detroit unhappy with Datsyuks performance should come as no surprise and since he will be a UFA in the summer, he will likely not be pursued by Detroit.

-Minnesota is shopping Mark Parrish but his 5yr, $2.7 means he will likely be a very expensive fourth liner for the Wild.

-Habs are shopping Aebischer since Huet has stepped up as the clear number one.

-Chicago and Ottawa still looking for a scoring centre.

-One site is reporting that the Rangers, Penguins, Habs, and Sharks have all made bids for Markus Naslund.

Doesn't Naslund have a no trade clause? I dont see him being traded - its too early and losing Naslund would basically write off the year for the Canucks.

~Wayne Gretzky
Guest6916 Posted - 11/28/2006 : 11:53:46
Some more rumours floating about:

-Forsberg back to Colorado just won't go away and the Avs are reportedly offering up Karlis Skrastins.

-Detroit unhappy with Datsyuks performance should come as no surprise and since he will be a UFA in the summer, he will likely not be pursued by Detroit.

-Minnesota is shopping Mark Parrish but his 5yr, $2.7 means he will likely be a very expensive fourth liner for the Wild.

-Habs are shopping Aebischer since Huet has stepped up as the clear number one.

-Chicago and Ottawa still looking for a scoring centre.

-One site is reporting that the Rangers, Penguins, Habs, and Sharks have all made bids for Markus Naslund.

bablaboushka Posted - 11/23/2006 : 11:37:40
Could you just imagine, Forsberg playing with Thornton/Cheechoo/Marleau/Michalek/Bernier.

Wow.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page