Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Anonymous trade rumours Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Guest6916
( )

Posted - 11/20/2006 :  10:34:18  Reply with Quote
Here is what I have heard today:

-Canucks looking at Trading Morrison. His salary and performance make him a difficult guy to move. One rumour has him going to Chicago for BC boy Brent Seabrook. Seabrook has also been rumoured to Buffalo for Kotalik. Chicago wants a centre to play with Havlat.

-Tampa needs cap relief and other than trading one of the big 3, Denis' name has been mentioned as they have confidence in Holmqvist.

-Forsberg will probably be dealt at the deadline. Only a small portion of his $5 million+ salary will remain making him a great rental.

-Ken Hiotchcock to replace Gallant in Colombus

-Jovanovski for Nabakov. This has been denied by Phoenix and should be as it makes no sense.
-

Ryan Harper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
322 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2006 :  14:11:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morrison is rumoured to be traded every day. I hope they move him because he is a waste of Cap space and is only good when surrounded by strong linemates.

"Some people skate to the puck. I skate to where the puck is going to be."
~Wayne Gretzky
Go to Top of Page

Guest8977
( )

Posted - 11/20/2006 :  15:24:04  Reply with Quote
Trade Rumour- Horcoff/2nd rnd pick for Bouwmeester
Go to Top of Page

Guest6916
( )

Posted - 11/20/2006 :  15:41:08  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8977

Trade Rumour- Horcoff/2nd rnd pick for Bouwmeester

I would do it. Horcoff is underperforming and Edmonton needs defense. Stoll could fill in as a top center (although he probably is a second liner).
Go to Top of Page

Guest6916
( )

Posted - 11/23/2006 :  09:15:57  Reply with Quote
Here is a collection of rumours floating around the net:

- Sportsnet.ca is reporting that the Oilers are looking at Boston's Brad Stuart to give them a puck moving defenseman. Take your pick of which young forward to send to Boston in return.

- Leopold to Edmonton for Jarret Stoll

- Nonis interested in Nagy

- Forsberg to Colorado or San Jose (Nabakov and Leopold/Vaanenan mentioned as return players)

- Blackhawks are interested in Prucha. Ranger want to deal Kasparaitus. Maybe a multiplayer deal could be worked out here by adding Seabrook to the mix.

- Ottawa wants to get rid of Gerber - good luck

- Montreal trying to move their highest paid defenseman - Niinima ($2.5 million). I can't believe he is making more than both Souray and Markov.

NOTE: I read yesterday that the Morrison for Seabrook rumour was a hoax and was made up by some radio guys in Chicago. I am sure some of the above are also made up, but might be fun to talk about. Some also come to fruition (Hitchcock signed with Colombus last night). Also, I only report rumours that are being talked about on various sites (Spectors trade rumours, Sportsnet.ca, TSN.ca, Hockeybuzz.com, hockeytraderumors.com,and many other news outlets) for sole the purpose of discussion here on this site. From now on I will keep all of them on this one thread.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2006 :  11:37:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Could you just imagine, Forsberg playing with Thornton/Cheechoo/Marleau/Michalek/Bernier.

Wow.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6916
( )

Posted - 11/28/2006 :  11:53:46  Reply with Quote
Some more rumours floating about:

-Forsberg back to Colorado just won't go away and the Avs are reportedly offering up Karlis Skrastins.

-Detroit unhappy with Datsyuks performance should come as no surprise and since he will be a UFA in the summer, he will likely not be pursued by Detroit.

-Minnesota is shopping Mark Parrish but his 5yr, $2.7 means he will likely be a very expensive fourth liner for the Wild.

-Habs are shopping Aebischer since Huet has stepped up as the clear number one.

-Chicago and Ottawa still looking for a scoring centre.

-One site is reporting that the Rangers, Penguins, Habs, and Sharks have all made bids for Markus Naslund.

Go to Top of Page

Ryan Harper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
322 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2006 :  14:29:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6916

Some more rumours floating about:

-Forsberg back to Colorado just won't go away and the Avs are reportedly offering up Karlis Skrastins.

-Detroit unhappy with Datsyuks performance should come as no surprise and since he will be a UFA in the summer, he will likely not be pursued by Detroit.

-Minnesota is shopping Mark Parrish but his 5yr, $2.7 means he will likely be a very expensive fourth liner for the Wild.

-Habs are shopping Aebischer since Huet has stepped up as the clear number one.

-Chicago and Ottawa still looking for a scoring centre.

-One site is reporting that the Rangers, Penguins, Habs, and Sharks have all made bids for Markus Naslund.

Doesn't Naslund have a no trade clause? I dont see him being traded - its too early and losing Naslund would basically write off the year for the Canucks.

~Wayne Gretzky
Go to Top of Page

Guest6916
( )

Posted - 11/30/2006 :  08:58:15  Reply with Quote
-Leclair has been moved to the fourth line and it is being reported on a number of sites that he wants a fresh start somewhere else. Pittsburgh will have a tough time moving his $1.5 million salary. Does the $1.5 million include his wheelchair or would that be extra?

-I have heard Nabakov to Philly for Pitkanen. This one makes sense to me b/c Philly has been looking for a legit number one goalie for years. However if they are serious about a rebuild focused on their skilled youth, then they may look to a younger goaltender or top prospect al la Corey Schneider. I doubt the Canucks would part with Schneider though.

-Blackhawks Gm Dale Tallon states: "We're not giving up the [Brent] Seabrooks, [Duncan] Keiths, [Cam] Barkers or [Dave] Bollands," Tallon said. "We're not mortgaging our future as a Band-Aid to get us through a few games." Anyone believe him?

-Take these rumors with a grain of salt. There have been lots of juicy rumors and the biggest trade so far has been the Tellqvist for Nash deal. So 99% will never happen.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6916
( )

Posted - 11/30/2006 :  08:59:06  Reply with Quote
Or will they?
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2006 :  11:06:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I strongly doubt that Philadelphia has cap room for Nabokov's $5 million/year. Is there anywhere that the teams' total salaries are posted online?
Go to Top of Page

Ryan Harper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
322 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2006 :  11:10:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

I strongly doubt that Philadelphia has cap room for Nabokov's $5 million/year. Is there anywhere that the teams' total salaries are posted online?

NHLPA.com has listing of every player's salary and is also listed by team.

Leclair just got waived by Pittsburgh. I keep forgetting but does Pittsburgh pay half the salary if he is claimed?

~Wayne Gretzky
Go to Top of Page

1 Crosby fan
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1454 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2006 :  21:45:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hear that Montreal might trade: David Aebischer Sergei Samsonov and 2/3 round pick to Pheonix for David Leneveu and Ladislav Nagy
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2006 :  21:59:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That would suck the big one for Montreal.
Go to Top of Page

1 Crosby fan
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1454 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2006 :  22:04:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i know but thats what i heard
Go to Top of Page

1 Crosby fan
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1454 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2006 :  22:06:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i also hear that LeClair might go back to Phlly
Go to Top of Page

Ryan Harper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
322 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2006 :  22:14:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 1 Crosby fan

i also hear that LeClair might go back to Phlly

No chance. They had the opportunity to take him on reentry waivers and have the Pens foot half the bill. He will retire.

~Wayne Gretzky
Go to Top of Page

1 Crosby fan
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1454 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2006 :  22:38:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hear toronto might trade Pavel Kubina to Flordia for Gary Roberts
Go to Top of Page

1 Crosby fan
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1454 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2006 :  22:42:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also hear that Montreal might trade Sheldon Sourey to New Jersey for Scott Gomez
Go to Top of Page

Guest4134
( )

Posted - 12/08/2006 :  13:22:17  Reply with Quote
would the habs do that:'( souray has alot of heart i agree on trading samsonov and aebischer but not for nagy and that other guy.
Go to Top of Page

Guest5333
( )

Posted - 12/08/2006 :  13:44:04  Reply with Quote
Montreal would never trade away Souray for someone as inconsistent as Nagy. Souray is one of the, if not the, best thing going for Montreal and they would be insane to get rid of him. I think Montreal should do what Dallas did, switch captancy of the habs to Souray which would up his play further and hoperfully inhance Koivu's play(being an assistant captin rather than a captain.
Go to Top of Page

Guest5333
( )

Posted - 12/08/2006 :  13:45:46  Reply with Quote
Gomez* not Nagy.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2006 :  14:47:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Isn't Sourey a free agent this summer?? He will command big dollars that Montreal might not have or want to spend. That is an uber competative division(like the NW) and Montreal is holding thier own. I like the move of Abbie, but can't see much else happening.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2006 :  14:49:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Big questions in Edmonton with Ryan Smyth. He is an UFA this summer and he wants at least $5/year. He has been out for two games now and the Oil have won both. If they stay strong without him, it just might happen. I don't want it to, but he could get traded. I heard a rumour a while back that had Smyth, Horcoff, and Bergeron going to Florida for Horton, Wiess, and Boumeester. I love Smytty, but that sounds like a deal to me.
Go to Top of Page

1 Crosby fan
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1454 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2006 :  15:32:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That sounds like a trade
Go to Top of Page

Guest5333
( )

Posted - 12/08/2006 :  16:14:22  Reply with Quote
I like that trade. Looks good for Edmonton, 3 fresh young Canadians who all ready worked with each other, nice little package and i think they leave room for another UFA if Edmonton is desperate.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2006 :  16:04:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the biggest point to the trade will be the fan reaction to Smyth leaving Edmonton. He is a huge draw for the team. I would like to see it though.
Go to Top of Page

1 Crosby fan
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1454 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2006 :  23:53:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wonder what Edmonton fans would think of that trade
Go to Top of Page

oil guy
Rookie

Canada
122 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2006 :  06:57:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Myself, I do like seeing Edmonton get rid of Smyth. They sound have used some of the money they threw at Pisani and Horcoff to resign Smyth.
Trade those two and give bergeron away for a bag of jock straps and I think the team will be fine, but Smyth needs to stay an oiler.

Go to Top of Page

1 Crosby fan
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1454 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2006 :  15:24:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What you said you would love to see them get rid of Smyth the you say Smyth shold stay a Oiler
Go to Top of Page

spearbelly
Top Prospect

Canada
98 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2006 :  15:28:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I hear toronto might trade Pavel Kubina to Flordia for Gary Roberts

DO IT...........Leafs need (other than CHRIS ANGEL) back end help,

but nothing Kubina can solve.And even though Roberts is aging , it wouldn't hurt the Buds to have some worthy leadership.
Go to Top of Page

1 Crosby fan
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1454 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2006 :  15:41:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The buds really need leadership
Go to Top of Page

oil guy
Rookie

Canada
122 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2006 :  19:18:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

What you said you would love to see them get rid of Smyth the you say Smyth shold stay a Oiler

No I said they sould have spent the money on Smyth, they could trade Horcoff and Pisani, and give bergeron away.
Go to Top of Page

1 Crosby fan
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1454 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2006 :  19:55:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh ok sorry bout that
Go to Top of Page

Guest4134
( )

Posted - 12/16/2006 :  10:20:14  Reply with Quote
i agree souray has great heart, tries all the time, and what i think is the hardest shot in the league..
Go to Top of Page

framer87
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
338 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2006 :  08:50:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

The buds really need leadership

yup

Go pens
Go to Top of Page

lyall
PickupHockey Pro

360 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2006 :  12:32:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Big questions in Edmonton with Ryan Smyth. He is an UFA this summer and he wants at least $5/year. He has been out for two games now and the Oil have won both. If they stay strong without him, it just might happen. I don't want it to, but he could get traded. I heard a rumour a while back that had Smyth, Horcoff, and Bergeron going to Florida for Horton, Wiess, and Boumeester. I love Smytty, but that sounds like a deal to me.

As an oiler fan, I think this trade is really stupid. For one I would hate to see Smyth leave. Horcoff is a good player but is really underpreforming this year. & I not a real big fan of Bergeron. But what Edmonton needs a vetren defencemen. Not a young guy like Bouwmeester. To me it's piontless. Bouwmesster may be a little better than Bergeron, but not that much. I can see getting rid of Horcoff, but why trade for more forwards? And losing Smyth would be a bad idea. If you watch the Oilers play, you can see that they miss what he does in front of the net, epsecially on the power play.
I think Edmonton would really get the short end of the stick on this trade. Not to take away from Horton & Wiess. They are both good players. We just don't need more forwards. Hemsky, Sykora, Smyth, Horcoff, Lupul....On paper we have good offense. But when you look at the blue line, aside from Staios & Smith, It's all rookies. And Smith is good for nothing so.....

Edited by - lyall on 12/17/2006 12:36:16
Go to Top of Page

oil guy
Rookie

Canada
122 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2006 :  08:02:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lyall, I think saying Smith is good for nothing is extreme, he block a lot of shots , but then so does a pylon. uh... never mind
Go to Top of Page

Guest4912
( )

Posted - 12/18/2006 :  08:15:41  Reply with Quote
Bergeron is performing really well on the PP and I think the oilers need him on the blue line because he and Stoll are the only guys with a shot on the power play.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2006 :  10:19:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree that getting rid of Smyth is not a good idea. What I am saying is that if the Oilers are not going to give him $5-$6 million/year, he is gone. So we might as well get something in return.

And saying Jay Bouwmeester is only a little better than Bergeron is like saying Crosby is just an average scorer. Bouwmeester has played in World Hockey Championships and was on the Olympic Team. He was a plus player on a weak team last year, and had 46 points playing along side no other quality defensemen. Any coach/GM would take Bouwmeester over Bergeron, and he's an Edmonton boy as well!

Horcoff a good player under-performing is possible. Or is he a marginal player that had a good year last year because of the opportunity to play exclusively with Smyth and Hemsky? He's no better than 2nd/3rd line centre on most teams. Last year he had 73 points. Before that, no more than 40. This year he's on pace for 40 again. Few first line centres in the league produce less. In fact, even Horcoff's performance last year only put him 21st among centres. This year, he's 67th. That is only Centres!! Stoll, who spends a lot of time on the 3rd and sometimes 4th lines is 28th, 9 points ahead of Horcoff. I think Horcoff is marginal at best.

The Oilers offense might look good on paper, but that's it (unfortunately.) In reality, the Oilers are one of the worst offenses (20th in Goals/Game, 30th in Shots/Game, and 26th in Power Play %) and one of the better defenses (11th in Shots against/game, 9th in Goals Against/Game, and 1st in Penalty %). So does the Defense really need help???

And if you are a true Oilers fan you would not be saying Smith is good for nothing. The guy is the Captain and, together with Smyth, the heart of the team. He always in the top 5 in the NHL in blocked shots, other than this year has been a plus defensemen. He hits, he fights, he plays hurt. Why would you say he is good for nothing? He's a guy that most teams out there would never pass up on.

In the end, the trade only looks good if the Oilers are not planning on paying Smyth what he wants. My first choice is to keep Smyth. My second choice is to trade him for something good now and tomorrow. Bottom line is that the "On Paper" Oilers offense is not producing, and if they want another run at the Cup, it better improve soon!
Go to Top of Page

pucker
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
398 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2006 :  15:07:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

I agree that getting rid of Smyth is not a good idea. What I am saying is that if the Oilers are not going to give him $5-$6 million/year, he is gone. So we might as well get something in return.

And saying Jay Bouwmeester is only a little better than Bergeron is like saying Crosby is just an average scorer. Bouwmeester has played in World Hockey Championships and was on the Olympic Team. He was a plus player on a weak team last year, and had 46 points playing along side no other quality defensemen. Any coach/GM would take Bouwmeester over Bergeron, and he's an Edmonton boy as well!

Horcoff a good player under-performing is possible. Or is he a marginal player that had a good year last year because of the opportunity to play exclusively with Smyth and Hemsky? He's no better than 2nd/3rd line centre on most teams. Last year he had 73 points. Before that, no more than 40. This year he's on pace for 40 again. Few first line centres in the league produce less. In fact, even Horcoff's performance last year only put him 21st among centres. This year, he's 67th. That is only Centres!! Stoll, who spends a lot of time on the 3rd and sometimes 4th lines is 28th, 9 points ahead of Horcoff. I think Horcoff is marginal at best.

The Oilers offense might look good on paper, but that's it (unfortunately.) In reality, the Oilers are one of the worst offenses (20th in Goals/Game, 30th in Shots/Game, and 26th in Power Play %) and one of the better defenses (11th in Shots against/game, 9th in Goals Against/Game, and 1st in Penalty %). So does the Defense really need help???

And if you are a true Oilers fan you would not be saying Smith is good for nothing. The guy is the Captain and, together with Smyth, the heart of the team. He always in the top 5 in the NHL in blocked shots, other than this year has been a plus defensemen. He hits, he fights, he plays hurt. Why would you say he is good for nothing? He's a guy that most teams out there would never pass up on.

In the end, the trade only looks good if the Oilers are not planning on paying Smyth what he wants. My first choice is to keep Smyth. My second choice is to trade him for something good now and tomorrow. Bottom line is that the "On Paper" Oilers offense is not producing, and if they want another run at the Cup, it better improve soon!

I just assumed the Oil had a better offense than defense - thanks for the analysis. I think that the Oilers should try their best to resign Smyth. $6 million is probably too much, but can you really put a price on a mullet like that?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page