Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 Is it bad to be a leafs fan?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
The_only_Odelein_fan Posted - 03/13/2007 : 06:41:53
It's not bad to be a leaf fan but the leaf fans are the gayest fans in the NHL. They cream in their pants each times Sundin score a goal cuz he's a god for them. Get down on earth, the leafs will never get de stanley cup ever again we're not in 1960!

Lyle Odelein is a god!
40   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Buddyno2000 Posted - 05/04/2007 : 14:30:00
After reading everything that had been said , it just made me realize that ''we'' the Leafs fan are the best, 'cos even if something like 75% of the other hockey fans pound on us we still believe in our team. I've been a Leafs fan for about the last 15 years and its gonna stay that way for as long as I'll live. well unless they decided to sell the team but it ain't gonna happen any time soon.

p.s.: when I say ''believe'' I mean I 'm realistic, The Leafs will get back on the train sooner or later, probably a little more later but I'm still young.

GO LEAFS GO

''The future ain't what it used to be''. Yogi Berra.
Mikhailova Posted - 05/04/2007 : 13:06:13
quote:
Originally posted by Guest7005

one rebutal to end it all you leaf farts...

You're all invited to the Stanley cup parade in Ottawa!!

One rebuttal to you Leafs fans and Senators fans...

You're both invited to the Cup parade in Buffalo!!
fly4apuckguy Posted - 05/03/2007 : 23:14:30
I live in Saskatchewan, so I'm a ho, really. I'll go with whoever is hot.

Because I have no regional loyalty (bias), I usually cheer for teams who have the players I like (Crosby, Thornton, Heatley, Iginla, Smyth as an Oiler). So, I may be the only person in the free world who is both an Oiler and a Flames fan.

As for the Leafs, they suck. If they draft a young super-talent like Tavares, I might convert. But when the face of your team is Darcy Tucker...ouch.

Does this mean I'm a band-wagon jumper? Maybe, but it also means I'm immune to blind faith (Canucks fans).

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - Gretz
Guest7005 Posted - 05/03/2007 : 19:24:09
one rebutal to end it all you leaf farts...

You're all invited to the Stanley cup parade in Ottawa!!
jbraiter Posted - 05/03/2007 : 17:39:21
quote:
Originally posted by Buddyno2000

quote:
Originally posted by jbraiter

leafs suck

Man you're in Toronto and you hate the Leafs that much.
How did that happen?

Go leafs Go by the way

I will tell you all how it happend. Everyone loves the leafs at my skool, and i like to be original and different, so i wanted to change to a different team. Markus Naslund was the top point scorer then and i really liked him. So i followed his team to become a canucks fan. Now i piss off all my friend's when i say the leafs suck.

ps. They Do
Habsfan92 Posted - 05/03/2007 : 17:17:20
SIXTY-SEVEN! SIXTY-SEVEN! SIXTY-SEVEN!
Ha ha Leaf fans crack me up! There is no point in life if you support the Toronto Maple Laughs. After Toronto wins a game, the entire city thinks they're winning the Cup.
Why is the Hall of Fame in Toronto and not in Montreal? Because Torontonians will forget what the Stanley Cup looks like! Congratulations on the 2004-2005 season, Leaf fans must have been pretty excited that their team was undefeated!

Last year the Montreal Gazette published 2 pages entirely to Leaf jokes, if anyone has it can you please give me a link?

Leaf Haters, got to www.leafssuck.ca
Hoss Posted - 04/22/2007 : 12:36:35
Everybody has there team that they cheer for. That meaning if its not there team then there gonna hate the other teams, some more then others. As far as i'm concerned Toronto and all the other teams are equal. There all play in the same league, what makes the other team better. One year the leafs might do good and the next year they might suck, just like every other team in the NHL. And as for you guys saying that the leafs will never win the cup ever again, Well you never know what players or coaching staff they get in the future so how can you predict that. And you guys also say that the leaf fans are idiots and gay. Thats funny cause every team out there has there fans that are idiots or gay. And i also like the comment about the gay statement. That is not a word you think you would hear on a hockey forum.
Guest0902 Posted - 04/17/2007 : 10:24:53
Right on Semin-rules! (BUt who the hell cheers for a team from texas?) I am a leafs fan and will always be a leafs fan, long after you all have made a jump to another playoffs bandwagon. Notice how the number of detroit and colorado fans has been quickly dropping? People who claim to "know" hockey are the worst fans out there, because they are never loyal for long. All you pittsburg fans... talk to me in a few years when they cant afford to keep anyone. I'll still be a leafs fan, and you'll be cheering for the next team to look like a contender.

For the rest of you - this is typical hillbilly canada jealousy over Toronto, you can just shut up and enjoy leaf games on the cbc because they have a bigger market and are clearly Canada's team.
bablaboushka Posted - 04/02/2007 : 09:28:42
Leafsfan1, this is your last warning. I tried to give you plenty of tips on what was acceptable in these forums with links and warnings and suggestions but you keep blatantly ignoring me. One more ignorant post and I'm putting a request to the admin that you be banned.
manninm Posted - 03/30/2007 : 08:46:51
8274, I think you're making some pretty rash generalizations when you say that even a majority of Leafs fans are uneducated about hockey and their own team. Living in Buffalo, I get to see the opposite - the Leafs fans who drive to see their team because they can't get a ticket. The fans that have stuck with the Leafs through thick and thin (even the 80's!). These guys and gals know plenty about their team, and their sport, and even though they're really annoying, and even more so obnoxious, I respect them because they're passionate fans. Now, you may think it's "annoying" that so many fans like a bad team. Fair enough. But talking about Leafs fans like you've polled the entire lot of em and come to a concensus is a stretch. From what i can tell, you've only seen a small nucleus of the far reaching network of Leafs fans globally. While this can marr your opinion of them, it certainly doesn't mean their ignorant as a whole, or even as a majority.
Guest8274 Posted - 03/30/2007 : 07:20:30
well if the dont know anything about their favorite team I'm sure they dont know about any other team......and once again i said MOST Leaf fans...i dont know why some people are taking this personally....i said MOST....and i also stated that the people on a hockey forum obviously know stuff about hockey even the Leafs fans....I'm talking majority of the fans....and the fact that there are so many fans for such a s***ty team is annoying
semin-rules Posted - 03/29/2007 : 11:16:47
I don't think it is bad that you are a Leaf fan at all. It is your opinion on which team you will cheer for, and if it happens to be the Leafs, then thats your choice. Just because a lot of people hate them, doesn't mean that everyone hates them. I have said this before but I think that Leaf fans are the most devoted to their team. If you are a Leaf fan, then good for you.

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
Guest9930 Posted - 03/29/2007 : 07:04:17
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8274

ok i believe i stated why i said a majority of Leafs fans are uneducated about hockey, MOST of them dont know anything about the team, they know Sundin plays for them, and thats about it, at least around here anyways, Toronto is the closest team to where i am so there are alot of Leafs fans around here, and most of them are women or people who dont follow hockey that much.

So becuase a majority of Leafs fans don't know another person on the team other than Sundin or really anything about the team, that makes them uneducated about hockey? I think you mean is a majority of Leafs fan don't know anything about the team rather than hockey in general.
ED11 Posted - 03/28/2007 : 20:45:37
quote:

ok i believe i stated why i said a majority of Leafs fans are uneducated about hockey, MOST of them dont know anything about the team, they know Sundin plays for them, and thats about it, at least around here anyways, Toronto is the closest team to where i am so there are alot of Leafs fans around here, and most of them are women or people who dont follow hockey that much.

Well then speak for the place that your from only then. I am a Leaf fan and most people I know are Leaf fans and we live in Toronto. We all play hockey, a lot friends and I played as high as university hockey. We are quite educated about hockey over here.
Canucks Man Posted - 03/28/2007 : 08:24:47
I gotta say 8274 that I agree with the first part of your last coment, I live in BC far away from the Leafs and All the guys who are leafs fans in my school are the ones who dont watch or play hockey, or there parents liked them when there was only 6 teams to choose to cheer for and they just passed it on to there kids.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Guest8274 Posted - 03/28/2007 : 08:13:24
Guest9930 Posted - 03/28/2007 : 06:42:43
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

quote:
Originally posted by Guest9930

bablaboushka you just proved manninm's point by saying that you abandoned being a Leafs fan becuase "I chose to cheer for a team that was rebuilding and promised a solid, successful future." instead of what he said about how people grow up loving a team only to ditch them on hard times. A true fan supports a team in good times and in bad even if they have a dumb-ass GM.

Well I wasn't a true fan. I chose to cheer for them when I was like 7 or 8 years old because they were really, the only team I knew anything about and they were the only team on TV. Like 50% of the kids I knew (the other 50% cheered for the Habs), I cheered for the Leafs.

I "abandoned" them after the 2003-04 season like I said when I started to really appreciate the Sharks. The Leafs had one of, if not their best regular season in team history that year (103 pts) so technically they weren't extremely bad years. But at that age, I was able to realize what Ferguson was doing, trading away the future because at the time, "This is the year" was his attitude.

So technically, the Sharks are the first team that I can truly consider myself a "true fan". I made a wise, educated decision to follow them because I admired the efforts made by their management. When I started cheering for the Leafs, I just really didn't know any better. But this time, I can see myself staying a Sharks fan for a long time and even though they might have some rough patches, and being eliminated from the playoffs two years in a row without making the Cup Finals wasn't golden either, I think this one will last.

Fair enough. It's the flip-floppers I'm more annoyed with.
manninm Posted - 03/28/2007 : 05:57:56
I have no complaints, bablaboushka. My point was geared more to the "flip-floppers" of the world anyway. Ppl who when their team stinks, they go become a fan of another team until their starts to win again.
Novie Posted - 03/28/2007 : 05:04:43
quote:

ok i think that it is embarrasing to be a Leafs fan, from what I've seen, Leafs fans are women and people uneduacated about the world of hockey. if you ask a number of Leafs fans what players they know from Toronto they will say Sundin, and thats usually about it, now im not saying the Leafs fans on this forum are uneduacated about hockey because obviously they are but im talking about the majority of Leafs fans

Replace all 'Leafs' with 'Flames'

If you live in calgary, you know what I'm talking about!

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
bablaboushka Posted - 03/27/2007 : 20:04:30
Yeah guys, it's cool to rip on teams but at least give a DECENT reason. Saying they suck, just because they're sucky is not a reason.
ED11 Posted - 03/27/2007 : 18:25:18
quote:

leafs suck and it is horrible to be a leaf fan (because they suck)

You should be posting more cause you have unbelieveable insight. Please buddy.
bablaboushka Posted - 03/27/2007 : 15:49:40
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9930

bablaboushka you just proved manninm's point by saying that you abandoned being a Leafs fan becuase "I chose to cheer for a team that was rebuilding and promised a solid, successful future." instead of what he said about how people grow up loving a team only to ditch them on hard times. A true fan supports a team in good times and in bad even if they have a dumb-ass GM.

Well I wasn't a true fan. I chose to cheer for them when I was like 7 or 8 years old because they were really, the only team I knew anything about and they were the only team on TV. Like 50% of the kids I knew (the other 50% cheered for the Habs), I cheered for the Leafs.

I "abandoned" them after the 2003-04 season like I said when I started to really appreciate the Sharks. The Leafs had one of, if not their best regular season in team history that year (103 pts) so technically they weren't extremely bad years. But at that age, I was able to realize what Ferguson was doing, trading away the future because at the time, "This is the year" was his attitude.

So technically, the Sharks are the first team that I can truly consider myself a "true fan". I made a wise, educated decision to follow them because I admired the efforts made by their management. When I started cheering for the Leafs, I just really didn't know any better. But this time, I can see myself staying a Sharks fan for a long time and even though they might have some rough patches, and being eliminated from the playoffs two years in a row without making the Cup Finals wasn't golden either, I think this one will last.
Guest9930 Posted - 03/27/2007 : 08:22:26
What are you basing this on 8274? How can you make a statement that a majority of Leaf fans are uneducated about hockey? You're basing an statement on a bias opinion becuase you're not a Leafs fan. Where's your evidence to back up this claim? Pretty uneducated statement in my books.

Guest8274 Posted - 03/27/2007 : 07:47:00
ok i think that it is embarrasing to be a Leafs fan, from what I've seen, Leafs fans are women and people uneduacated about the world of hockey. if you ask a number of Leafs fans what players they know from Toronto they will say Sundin, and thats usually about it, now im not saying the Leafs fans on this forum are uneduacated about hockey because obviously they are but im talking about the majority of Leafs fans, the Leafs suck, they had potential and they blew it, Sundin is a bum, they need to trade Sundin for a top center, one who will lead the team and play with intensity. Overall i think the Leafs blow, and the majority of their fans dont know d*** all about hockey
manninm Posted - 03/27/2007 : 05:40:19
quote:

I thought you were supposed to have a point when you posted?
oil fan97 Posted - 03/26/2007 : 12:35:44
quote:

i agree but because i hate the leafs they suck ok!!!!!!!

Oilers Rule!!!
The_only_Odelein_fan Posted - 03/26/2007 : 12:25:08
You're right jbraiter!

Lyle Odelein is a god!
jbraiter Posted - 03/25/2007 : 18:22:30
OILINONTARIO Posted - 03/25/2007 : 17:52:34
I was born in Edmonton in the '70's, and lived there 'til 2001, when I moved to Ontario for work. Honestly hated the Oilers through the "Glory Years", I was a Habs fan. I switched to the Oil shortly after the Gretzky trade and thoroughly enjoyed the '90 cup win, and, obviously, last year's run. In the mean time, I was able to anjoy the '86 cup win by the Habs, and especially the '93 win, as I cashed in a little bit betting on my favorite playoff team.
All the while, though I have found it impossible to avoid being inundated by overenthusiastic (I wanted to say rabid) TO fans who cannot accept the possibilty that their team mighht be slightly inferior to any other.
Seriously, in any arena in Western Canada, (and I know you all know this) there are more Leafs fans than there are for the home team. Look at your team, citizens of Toronto! LOOK AT THEM!!!! DEMAND MORE! I could be a fan, just.............never mind.never mind.
Canucks Man Posted - 03/25/2007 : 16:12:16
quote:
Originally posted by oil fan97

LEAFS SUCK!!!!!!!!!

Oilers Rule!!!

Good Insight, did you not read Admins post above, Have a point to what you say.
Also you are an Oilers fan and right now the leafs are much much better then the oilers, at least they can win.
CANUCKS RULE!!!
oil fan97 Posted - 03/25/2007 : 16:02:35
quote:
Originally posted by Saku Steen

quote:

LEAFS SUCK!!!!!!!!!

Oilers Rule!!!

That sums it up, I guess.

Somebody agrees with me

Oilers Rule!!!
Saku Steen Posted - 03/25/2007 : 11:29:22
quote:

LEAFS SUCK!!!!!!!!!

Oilers Rule!!!

That sums it up, I guess.
oil fan97 Posted - 03/25/2007 : 11:09:32
LEAFS SUCK!!!!!!!!!

Oilers Rule!!!
Mikhailova Posted - 03/21/2007 : 14:29:34
quote:
Originally posted by Kashmire

Quit thinking the Leafs are ignorant idiots. Flaming them isn't any better!

What about Oiling them? Or Canucking them? Blaming Calgary, eh? Ok, that one was really bad...
1 Crosby fan Posted - 03/21/2007 : 13:49:21
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

The thing that sucks is that all Canadian kids grow up either Montreal or Toronto fans because those are the only teams CBC shows while they're still awake. Only the ones that grow up with an oz. of intelligence develop into fans of a better team. I started as a die-hard Leafs fan of course, cause I watched them every Saturday, kinda hard NOT to cheer for them. But once you become a teenager, you realize how naive you were and also realize that Toronto blows. From there I have developed into a Sharks fan, because unlike the Leafs, they have potential. I coach Atom kids right now, and they're all either Habs or Leafs fans, but I can't wait for the day where one of them comes up to me and goes "You're right, the Sharks are pretty good and the Leafs suck!".

Babs you my friend are smart ,i hope your one of them does
bablaboushka Posted - 03/21/2007 : 13:48:48
quote:
Originally posted by manninm

If you switch your allegiance to a team just because they suck, then you have no heart. I hate hearing that, especially from ppl who grew up watching a team, loving a team, only to ditch that team because they've fallen on hard times. In the biz', they call you a fair-weather fan. In real life, I call you a p****. Grow a pair and defend your team, even if they're the freaking Florida Panthers!

So what, you pick your favourite team when you're 5 and you're obligated to follow them for the rest of your life? That sounds a little absurd to me. I didn't abandon the Leafs because they sucked, I abandoned them after enduring a few consecutive seasons of a dumbass GM who was ruining the team's future, coupled with unsuccessful playoff runs that were only going to get worse. I realized that at a young age I chose to like them because they're the only team I really knew anything about but when I got older and was able to fully appreciate the diversity of the NHL, I chose to cheer for a team that was rebuilding and promised a solid, successful future. What's wrong with that? Would you seriously want to discourage that?

The Sharks have choked in the last two playoffs to two Canadian teams, so it would have been easy for me to jump ship but I'm staying loyal to them and I'm hanging on because I know it's only a matter of when, not if, the Sharks will win and I want to be a part of that.
manninm Posted - 03/21/2007 : 13:43:29
If you switch your allegiance to a team just because they suck, then you have no heart. I hate hearing that, especially from ppl who grew up watching a team, loving a team, only to ditch that team because they've fallen on hard times. In the biz', they call you a fair-weather fan. In real life, I call you a p****. Grow a pair and defend your team, even if they're the freaking Florida Panthers!
Kashmire Posted - 03/16/2007 : 16:12:12
Here's my take on things:

It can't be bad to cheer for any of the current NHL teams. Maybe if the Leafs helped in the manufacturing of drugs or something, but not when they are simply a hockey team. The fans here in Toronto are amazing. The rinks around TO are always full of people. I live in the heart of Toronto and when I go out I see homeless people in ripped sleepingbags, torn plad shirts and, cut jeans...then they are wearing their Toronto Maple Leaf hats. It's quite amazing, the unity as a city I mean. You don't have to be a hockey junky with the knowledge of a referee to be a die hard fan. I think there is abit of that arrogency spewing into the minds on this forum, just a bit of it. It isn't wrong to convert to a strong all star team if your reasons are good ones.

My point is this: so what if leaf fans don't know how to call a hook or a dive(like many of the female fans). They are still loyal fans to their team. There are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many great fans out their. They know JFJ is an idiot. Now alot of you will be saying "Oh, well, then why dont they stop buying merchandise if they are aware of JFJ's mistakes." Alot of the fans don't understand this. Alot do. Leaf fans are loyal and enjoy watching Leaf games tough. We don't want to stop going to games. When you go to games you usually get sucked into buying merchandise. I'm going to stop here because im hungry but it pisses me off when I here you guys make fun of leaf fans. We are the same as you. Quit thinking the Leafs are ignorant idiots. Flaming them isn't any better!
bablaboushka Posted - 03/16/2007 : 15:19:15
Guys, stop trying to sound all tough, remember you are posting on the INTERNET. Stick to the topic or this gets locked.
NAFFAEL Posted - 03/16/2007 : 14:49:58
quote:
Originally posted by The_only_Odelein_fan

Hey nobuddy you're a dreamer. The toronto fans are not the best fans in the league. They are only a group who run after an old dream since 1967 and they never wake up.

Lyle Odelein is a god!

Hey Monkey. You dont know a thing about hockey.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page