Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 Crosby Overrated!!!

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest2073 Posted - 01/27/2009 : 11:45:19
I am Canadian, I think Crosby is a overrated, overpaid, and a crybaby. I dont think he will last very long in the top 20 for years to come, all this hype about him being so good is all media based to produce a new Canadian face to look up to. All he does is help sell RBK equipment to younger kids that dont know any better. If I were to rank him with the top 4 players in the NHL he would be last. If there were more players he would be ranked even lower.

1. Ovechkin
2. Malkin
3. Iginla
4. Lecavalier

Even Gaborik when he actually plays a game would be better than Crosby, i'm sorry if I offended anyone but someone has gotta say it. I'm pro Canada but con Crosby for being a face of Canadian hockey.

"Penguins don't fly, they dive"
40   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest1240 Posted - 04/01/2010 : 10:19:44
The canadian who keeps saying Sids a crybaby is a duech bag ..I second this
Hockeyman19 Posted - 04/01/2010 : 08:24:23
Malkin is good but not on the level of ovechkin or crosby. Crosby and Ovechkin put up 100 points per season but they do so facing every teams shutdown players. Like last season for Example. Crosby had 103 points and Malkin had 113. The diffrence is Crosby did it against the best competition and Malkin did not.
drew Posted - 03/31/2010 : 11:09:17
What's with everybody riding the Malkin train. Malkin gets all the freedom in the world on the ice because the shutdown line and shutdown d-pair are facing Crosby. Malkin is one of the most offensively gifted players, but there is no way he can be considered Crosby or Ovechkin calibur.

Malkin is -6 for the year. Where is the defense or for that matter drive to play two-way hockey. Has he even heard of back-checking. Also, Crosby is not overrated, but over analyzed. Everybody should just watch and learn just how well he does everything.
Guest9494 Posted - 03/30/2010 : 17:38:01
"I am Canadian, I think Crosby is a overrated, overpaid, and a crybaby."

I Third this
Guest2148 Posted - 03/29/2010 : 11:26:22
Crosby is the best all around player in the NHL. His heart is unmatched. All you have to do is look at his accomplishments.

Stanley Cup Finalist 2 years in a row with one Championship
World Junior Gold and Olympic Gold. What has Ovechkin done to earn accolades besides score goals and get suspended. Don't get me wrong, I would rather pay to see Ovechkin, but I would rather have Crosby on my team if I was a GM.

Top 5 Game Dominating Players in the game today (excluding goalies)

1. Crosby (The most complete)
2. Ovechkin (Power, finesse anmd only needs one chance)
3. Datsyuk (Best defensive forward that puts up more than a point per game numbers)
4. Chara (Is there a more intimidating shutdown player)
5. Iginla (This era's Mark Messier, and can do whatever is asked)
Guest1240 Posted - 03/29/2010 : 10:13:07
beautifully put 7952 anyone trashing the kid is just hating they have no facts other than there own stupidity every aspect of Sid 's game that he had trouble with ,he went back trained and improved dramatically.Look at his face of stats last night he took half of his teams combined face offs and won all acept two.His overtime shoot out stats are mind blowing and these two areas last year were his worst.Hate to admit it but if he keeps getting better he will hands down be the best ever.Malkin has been out injured and seems that were getting by just fine,funny thing is when malkin ,Gonchar get back theres no stopping the Pens..When other NHL players say that Crosby is the best and watching him leaves you starring in awe that would be enough info for me to think this kids special ,people should embrase it as a fan of hockey not trash it..Are generation has some greats and that alone makes me enjoy that sport even more..Hockey is Americas best sport,its like watching the gladiators in the arena .Sorry Sids Spartacus..
Guest7952 Posted - 03/29/2010 : 05:17:10
YOU PEOPLE HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING. DIG YOUR HEADS OUTTA YOUR A$$E$. Not only did he win the stanley cup last season, but he just scored the game winning goal to give Canada the Gold medal. THE WORLD STAGE, THE HIGHEST LEVEL OF HOCKEY, THE "CRYBABY/OVERPAID/OVERRATED" CROSBY WON THE GAME. NHL - more goals than anyone else, including Ovi with 8 games left in the 2010 season....
you people make me sick. give credit where credit is due. Besides Ovi, no-one else in the league is comparable right now.
Guest4271 Posted - 03/29/2010 : 03:29:01
So, everyone says Crosby is nothing without Malkin........well Malkin's Russian, so that should have made Ovie better, right? Not, we seen how these other players CHOKE under pressure and Crosby rises. I really don't know who the best player is, but we could all make a pretty good allstar team up out of all the choices. We seen what happened to the Russians,Swedes, Czechs, at the Olympics, and it is a team game
nuxfan Posted - 03/28/2010 : 21:41:57
surely this must be trolling, no sane hockey fan would have Crosby outside of the top 10 players in the NHL. I would even venture to say top 5. Once you get top 5, its hard to sort them from there as they all have different strengths that would weigh one way or the other.

Beans:
quote:
Crosby is not the best all around player in the league

Interesting thought, and therefore an interesting question. If not Crosby, who is the best all around player in the league?
Guest1240 Posted - 03/28/2010 : 18:29:37
This is to Mr . Canaduhhh ,bet you were happy when that overrated player served you up the gold medal single hanidly..Geez ,give credit were credits do,the funny thing is he's only gonna get better and better,I take him hands down over any other player in the league..
Guest1240 Posted - 03/28/2010 : 18:22:29
Who ever think Sid is overrated is just completely nuts ,you'd probly say the same about Lemuix or Gretzki.Any fan of this sport would say any credit this kid gets is just and deserved..Ovechkin is over rated and dirty , take this rediculious chat for him...
Guest6840 Posted - 03/16/2010 : 21:49:18
"I am Canadian, I think Crosby is a overrated, overpaid, and a crybaby."
I second this
Guest9647 Posted - 10/27/2009 : 12:34:42
I do not know why u guys keep on arguing anyone so good to get in the nhl are all better then you guys.
Guest4803 Posted - 10/27/2009 : 12:21:56
crosby is a tool, who else make a huge specitical on his birthday during the offseason just to stay in the media spotlight? ya pretty sure he was the only one, and were either eldrick or Whiney every spotted at a gaybar by a Pickuphockey poster ? well maybe wayne.
Beans15 Posted - 10/27/2009 : 11:55:49
For the same reason that you NEVER saw Tiger Woods with a single girl until he got serious with Elin. Same reason Gretzky was NEVER spoted with women until Mrs. Gretzky was found.

Some superstars protect their personal lives while others use their fame to support their personal lives.

You know who Crosby is pictured with a lot???

A really fine lookin fella. Curves in all the right places. He's been around the block a few times and there are a lot of players that have got busy with that guy.

His name is Stanley.

Ovie's never been with Stanley. Crosby has. And will be with him again this spring.

Guest4803 Posted - 10/27/2009 : 11:49:39
hmmm now that you mention it even with all his media attention never do you see sid the kid with the supermodels like you see ovie....very intresting
fat_elvis_rocked Posted - 10/27/2009 : 11:22:21
Kudos to Guest9655 for answering the burning question we've all been wanting answered.....drivel.

FFSM.....get a grip!

Guest9655 Posted - 10/27/2009 : 11:02:49
He wasn't wearing a Penguins Jersey and setting himself on fire in the middle of the bar.... but he was there. In fairness, had my friend not asked about what the deal was, there is no way we'd even know he was there. There's something about discretion. Also, just because he was in a gaybar, doesnt mean he's gay (I'm straight for example and was there).

Players private lives are kept surprisingly silent actually. Why did Heatley leave Ottawa? We sure as hell know it wasn't the reason he gave the press. No one knows for sure, though (tons of rumours). Crosby's private life is also a mystery, I was just giving you one side that you didn't hear daily on tsn. Why has he never been linked romantically with a female, for example?
Alex116 Posted - 10/27/2009 : 09:13:37
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9655

I'm not saying I'm for or against Crosby, but when I was visiting my friends in Halifax last summer I went to Reflection Cabaret (Gay and Lesbian club, my good friend is a lesbian and she hates 'straight' bars).

Lo and behold, there was a pretty big crowd around one of the booths. My friend asked what the big deal was, and was told Crosby was in the booth. We later saw him after he left (probably to go to the bathroom). I dont know for sure why he was there, but he had alot of 'male' company. Didnt see any girls around his booth. That being said, I was straight and in there, but its still fairly strange to see NO girls around him inside a gay and lesbian bar. Draw your own conclusions.

I don't even know if i can take this seriously. I mean, most athletes avoid anything that will put them in a controversial sort of "spotlight" and you're telling me he was at a gay bar? Okay, i obviously wasn't there, maybe he in fact was? Or, is this just another Crosby hater being a little more subtle in his bashing of a true superstar?
Guest9655 Posted - 10/27/2009 : 08:50:58
I'm not saying I'm for or against Crosby, but when I was visiting my friends in Halifax last summer I went to Reflection Cabaret (Gay and Lesbian club, my good friend is a lesbian and she hates 'straight' bars).

Lo and behold, there was a pretty big crowd around one of the booths. My friend asked what the big deal was, and was told Crosby was in the booth. We later saw him after he left (probably to go to the bathroom). I dont know for sure why he was there, but he had alot of 'male' company. Didnt see any girls around his booth. That being said, I was straight and in there, but its still fairly strange to see NO girls around him inside a gay and lesbian bar. Draw your own conclusions.
Guest4221 Posted - 10/26/2009 : 05:36:04
to all you crosby haters....suck it up he is the best, and will be for a long time.
irvine Posted - 10/24/2009 : 23:24:45
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Again, some of us are watching NHL hockey and others are watching something else.

For the brilliant minds who say that Crosby scores more when playing with Malkin might think that Malkin also scored more with Crosby than without.

It's this really crazy concept that says great players play well together.

Again, until Ovechkin learns how to win ugly, he will be the best looking loser in the NHL.

And Malkin leads the Penguins in what??? Let's take a look at the numbers from last years playoffs comparing Crosby to Malkin.

Goals - Crosby, 15 to 14
Assists - Malkin - 22 to 16
Points - Malkin - 36 to 31
+/- Crosby - +9 to +3
PIM Crosby 14 to 51
PP Goals Malkin 7 to 5
Game Winning Goale - Malkin 3 to 2
Shots - Malkin - 109 to 71
Shooting % - Crosby - 19 to 13.5
Time on Ice - Wash 20:57 and 20:48
Face Off % - Crosby 53 to 47
Blocked Shots - Crosby 18 to 12
Hits - Malkin 81 to 20
Giveaways - Crosby 17 to 24
Takeaways - Malkin 27 to 21

My point?? They are pretty friggin close and each bring something different to the table.

I never knocked Malkin. He's a very important piece to the Penguins. I would even agree that he is as important as Crosby is. To say that Malkin is head and shoulders above Crosby is a joke.

Have your favorited, but have some respect for the talent, regardless if you like the player or not.

Well said. It's very hard to argue who is "better". Malkin or Crosby. They both offer very different aspects of the game to the Penguins.

If the Penguins had to choose today, which player to keep. It'd likely be Crosby. But I believe firmly it's not because the Penguins think that Crosby is head and shoulders above Malkin, or vice-versa.

I believe they'd choose Crosby based solely at this moment in time, that Crosby is their on and off ice "leader." The big "C". And the current face of their organization like Mario once was.

Irvine
Beans15 Posted - 10/24/2009 : 22:35:24
Again, some of us are watching NHL hockey and others are watching something else.

For the brilliant minds who say that Crosby scores more when playing with Malkin might think that Malkin also scored more with Crosby than without.

It's this really crazy concept that says great players play well together.

Again, until Ovechkin learns how to win ugly, he will be the best looking loser in the NHL.

And Malkin leads the Penguins in what??? Let's take a look at the numbers from last years playoffs comparing Crosby to Malkin.

Goals - Crosby, 15 to 14
Assists - Malkin - 22 to 16
Points - Malkin - 36 to 31
+/- Crosby - +9 to +3
PIM Crosby 14 to 51
PP Goals Malkin 7 to 5
Game Winning Goale - Malkin 3 to 2
Shots - Malkin - 109 to 71
Shooting % - Crosby - 19 to 13.5
Time on Ice - Wash 20:57 and 20:48
Face Off % - Crosby 53 to 47
Blocked Shots - Crosby 18 to 12
Hits - Malkin 81 to 20
Giveaways - Crosby 17 to 24
Takeaways - Malkin 27 to 21

My point?? They are pretty friggin close and each bring something different to the table.

I never knocked Malkin. He's a very important piece to the Penguins. I would even agree that he is as important as Crosby is. To say that Malkin is head and shoulders above Crosby is a joke.

Have your favorited, but have some respect for the talent, regardless if you like the player or not.
hanley6 Posted - 10/24/2009 : 08:34:25
and Crosby never won the cup for Pittsburgh, I wouldn't even say he lead them to the Stanley Cup.... Malkin is Pittsburgh's true leader in heart, skill, offense, defense, Points, and hockey smarts... I'd take Malkin over Crosby any day

...And the LEAFS Win the CUP
Guest9655 Posted - 10/24/2009 : 03:15:25
Guest 4532, you are the one who is an idiot. I love the 'Crosby makes the people around him better' argument only because its not based on anything.

If that was true, we would see Chris Kunitz and Bill Guerin absolutely tearing it up in Pitt, since they are on Sid's line. Kunitz has been lackluster, and Guerins totals have only modestly increased.

When you investigate further, you notice that Crosby gets by far his most goals when, guess who is on his line? (hint he's also really good). Take Crosby out of Pittsburgh and they still make the playoffs, and probably go reasonably deep. Take Ovechkin out of Washington and they don't make the playoffs, simple as that.
Guest4532 Posted - 10/24/2009 : 01:59:52
quote:
Originally posted by Rambo2305

If you had to rank the Top 5 offensive players in the NHL right now (also based on their impact to their team), Sidney Crosby wouldn't be number one, but you have to consider him as an elite player.

1) Evgeni Malkin / PIT (Plays better without Crosby)
2) Alexander Ovechkin / WAS (Good supporting cast, but makes others better)
3) Zach Parise / NJ (Only Goal scorer on the team)
4) Sidney Crosby / PIT (Pittsburgh has a better winning percentage without him in the lineup)
5) Jerome Ignlia / CAL (Definition of CAPTAIN)

"Everytime you step out onto the ice, it's a clean slate, anyone can win"

You're a tool, how does ovie make ppl around him better? They just leech assists off his goals. The guy hogs the puck like the government hogs my money. Making your team better is not scoring FOR your team, it's making your team win games and Crosby has proven that by winning the Stanley Cup.
Guest4707 Posted - 10/23/2009 : 21:35:54
Crosby is overrated because to people not following hockey, the expect him to be the biggest superstar (at least he is marketed as the face of the game), when really this point is debatable at best, and untrue on the surface.

This is unfortunate, since Ovechkin would make a much more appealing sell to outsiders of hockey. His skillset is much more dynamic, he scores more goals, shows more enthusiasm and has an infectious personality on and off the ice.

So yes, he is overrated, but that is only because he is rated about as high as anyone could have been rated since the age of freaking 12. No, he happens to not be the absolute best player in the league, but he's up there. Saying he is overpaid is pretty laughable though. I'd pay 8.7 mill for a 100+ point man any day of the week. Who would you rather have, Wade Redden and Chris Neil or Crosby? Thought so.
Guest9901 Posted - 10/23/2009 : 13:00:20
Everyone knows the best player to ever hit the Ice was Mario, Very little time in the league and still has the highest points per game ratio. I say Tavares is the next one, Crosby is good, wonder what his numbers would be like if he didn't get hurt every year.
Guest9901 Posted - 10/23/2009 : 12:56:40
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0651

Gretzki "yapped" all the time / is he the best hockey player ever? probably

Crosby is in the top five no question

Was Sundin ever in the top 20? Yet he was always paid like he was
(Point a game man at best when he was making 9.5 mil)

Open_Ice Posted - 10/23/2009 : 12:45:16
In my opinion:
1. Malkin
2. Ovechkin

From there on its too difficult to compare players overall but crosby would be near the top no matter how you rank everyone else.

Crosby - great player, not the best

Side Note: How about Anze Kopitar! he has some serious talent and could be at the top of the list soon if he keeps playing like this
Guest9613 Posted - 10/23/2009 : 11:51:42
How is Lecavalier even on the top ten lists some of you have, considering the way he has played over the last 2 years?! There are also some serious contenders not on the list......maybe guys who are not there yet, but will be soon, Richards, Carter, Getzlaf, Backstrom, Toews etc come to mind.

And Rambo2305, how in the world can you put Dany "ALL ME" Heatley above Crosby?! Do you even watch hockey?
Guest3331 Posted - 10/23/2009 : 10:08:02
I can't believe people actually think that crosby is not a top 5 player in the league. I do agree that crosby is overrated but the only reason he is overrated is not even his fault. How is it crosby's fault that the media makes such a big deal out of him. People comparing ovechking to crosby is laughable. Ovechkin is supposed to be the way better offensive player of them both but really? In their first season ovechking had 4 points more than crosby. In their second season crosby finished 28 points AHEAD of ovechkin. I left out the third season because its tough to compare when crosby missed 30 games. And in last season ovechkin finished 7 points ahead of crosby. I don't know about you guys but who would you rather have a guy who plays in all areas of the rink. Or a guy who is supposed to be all offense. I think i would sacrifice 11 points over two seasons so that i could have a player i could trust in my own end. I'm not trying to take anything away from ovechkin because personally i believe he is a great, exciting player to watch, but really have you ever watched a game and looked at him without the puck? He coasts back to his own end with his stick on his knees until he picks up the puck. Ovechking has also played with much more talented wingers then crosby has every had. Lets compare; Backstrom, Semin, Fedorov to Guerin, Kunitz, Fedetako. Not to mention ovechkin is two years older then crosby and has a lot of more time to mature and grow. As for the whining, Gretzky was accredited to whining lots when he was younger which as he grew up and matured he stopped. Which is exactly as what i think will happen with crosby. And also I think that crosby has one thing ovechkin wishes he did. A Stanley Cup. Which he had to defeat the Caps to get there. Ovechkin and Crosby are both very talented players but its ignorant to think of Ovechkin as the best player and Crosby nowhere near the top 5. Yes he is overrated, but how can the kid help that? Knock on every media person's doors asking if they can stop talking about him? I have a feeling most people are just Crosby haters who because he isnt as outgoing as Ovechkin think hes some arrogant stuck up a******.
Rambo2305 Posted - 05/19/2009 : 12:29:04
Crosby isn't overrated, he is just focused on too much. We see him, and only him...

"Most people spend time and energy going around problems, rather than trying to solve them" - Henry Ford
Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 05/19/2009 : 12:24:39
Is that why he is leading the playoffs in goal scoring..?

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
Guest9655 Posted - 05/19/2009 : 11:28:47
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9847

I'm not F***** saying Crosby sucks (actualy I am). Gretzky knew where the puck was going to be and you never saw him throw a tantrum on the ice (okay maybe on 1 occasion). As I said Crosby can only do 1 thing put the puck in the net. It"s good to do that but I like players who can do mare than cherry pick.

I would disagree with you there....Crosby is NOT good at putting the puck in the net, otherwise you would see him winning the Rocket Richard trophy...What he is good at is dishing it off to someone else who can put the puck in the net, and then get the credit for it...
Guest2282 Posted - 05/14/2009 : 21:16:38
Crosby is definitely NOT overrated. Tell me how many players have never gone 4 games without a point. He may whine and cry but he gets the job done.
Guest2193 Posted - 05/14/2009 : 19:32:23
Crosby is indeed overrated not because he isn't good but because of how friggin much everyone talks about him. BTW most overrated player in the league Luke Schenn. P.S. anyone who has a top 10 list for the nhl without luongo on it...
Guest2805 Posted - 05/14/2009 : 15:46:40
hahhaha crosby over rated... your all fools!!
Beans15 Posted - 05/14/2009 : 14:39:16
I don't think Crosby is over or under rated. He is one of the best in the game today. Who is exactly the best is always debatable, but more often than not, the top 10-15 players in the league are the same names on most people's list.

The one thing that I personally think about Crosby is that he is showing in the still early part of his career that winning is the most important thing to him. He has shown to carry his team when they need him and that's huge. Sure, he has the stigma as a whiner, but so did some of the other greats in the game. That doesn't take away from his skills, what he does for his team, or his passion for winning.

And to get into the obvious comparison, I don't really know or care who's better between Ovechkin and Crosby and this series really didn't prove that to me either. However, one thing that has been proven (in my eyes) not only this season but specifically in the playoffs is that Crosby is less concerned with how he looks and more concerned with winning. As my old Basketball coach used to tell me, "It's better to look bad and win than to look good and lose."

To me, Crosby get's that. I don't think Ovechkin does.
Guest7113 Posted - 05/14/2009 : 13:41:25
You can't consider Crosby underrated. Did you hear the play-by-play in game 7 of the wash/pitt series? I can't remember off-hand who it was, but the guy calling the game had a man crush on Crosby. He was going on and on about how he's the total package. When Crosby took a stick to the kisser he was gushing about how Crosby wouldn't go down unless something was seriously wrong because he's "one tough customer".

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page