Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 Crosby Overrated!!! Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Guest2073
( )

Posted - 01/27/2009 :  11:45:19  Reply with Quote
I am Canadian, I think Crosby is a overrated, overpaid, and a crybaby. I dont think he will last very long in the top 20 for years to come, all this hype about him being so good is all media based to produce a new Canadian face to look up to. All he does is help sell RBK equipment to younger kids that dont know any better. If I were to rank him with the top 4 players in the NHL he would be last. If there were more players he would be ranked even lower.

1. Ovechkin
2. Malkin
3. Iginla
4. Lecavalier

Even Gaborik when he actually plays a game would be better than Crosby, i'm sorry if I offended anyone but someone has gotta say it. I'm pro Canada but con Crosby for being a face of Canadian hockey.

"Penguins don't fly, they dive"

Edited by - willus3 on 10/25/2009 10:21:21

fat_elvis_rocked
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2009 :  12:18:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Finally!!! I was wondering when someone was going to bring this up!!

Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2009 :  12:52:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FER, lol.

look at his stats in the playoffs last year then tell me he's not worth it.

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
Go to Top of Page

Guest2559
( )

Posted - 01/27/2009 :  12:57:59  Reply with Quote
LOL this is funny stuff.

First I agree with everything you said minus the part hes not a top 4 player in the leauge. He is a whinny bitch but a damb good one. Quit being jealous of his god given talent everybody.
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2009 :  13:40:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2073

I am Canadian, I think Crosby is a overrated, overpaid, and a crybaby. I dont think he will last very long in the top 20 for years to come, all this hype about him being so good is all media based to produce a new Canadian face to look up to. All he does is help sell RBK equipment to younger kids that dont know any better. If I were to rank him with the top 4 players in the NHL he would be last. If there were more players he would be ranked even lower.

1. Ovechkin
2. Malkin
3. Iginla
4. Lecavalier

Even Gaborik when he actually plays a game would be better than Crosby, i'm sorry if I offended anyone but someone has gotta say it. I'm pro Canada but con Crosby for being a face of Canadian hockey.

"Penguins don't fly, they dive"

I'm with you there bud, 120%
Go to Top of Page

Guest4631
( )

Posted - 01/27/2009 :  14:31:27  Reply with Quote
you can not like him for any reason you want, if you think he whines or dives or whatever. the guy produces, he has since he first came into the nhl and hasnt stopped. so he is doing a little more than just selling rbk equipment. you can not like him but you can not seriously deny he is one of the most talented hockey players on the planet
Go to Top of Page

Guest7017
( )

Posted - 01/27/2009 :  20:49:39  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2073

Even Gaborik when he actually plays a game would be better than Crosby, i'm sorry if I offended anyone but someone has gotta say it.
What dream world are you living in? I can see some of your argument but this has actually be the most ridiculous thing I"ve read in a long time.

So if you were a GM, you would choose Gaborik over Crosby? If yes, then I've got some ocean front property in Alberta you might be interested in.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6257
( )

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  00:28:44  Reply with Quote
I am not saying Gaborik is a better choice, I just think that he would be just as good of a player or even better if he wasn't injured all the time. It just grinds my gears that Crosby still gets so much attention being some Canadian icon when in reality there are many other Canadian players better than him that don't get the recognition. Last year was a good year when he got taken out for awhile and the actual heart of the team showed his skills (Malkin), even though he's not Canadian. If you were GM and you could either keep Crosby or trade for Iginla, Ovechkin, or Lecavalier as an even deal what would be your choice? I'd like to hear your thoughts. Sure Crosby is producing now, but his injuries have already started. We will have to see in a couple of years. FYI This is only a point of view, if I were a GM I would keep him to keep the arena full of media brainwashed fans that don't know better.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9847
( )

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  05:21:00  Reply with Quote
I agree, Crosby is an overpaid, overrated, suck!!!!! Crosby is a good goal scorer, but that is all he can do. You barely ever see him hit and when he fights he fights like a baby. You never see Ovechkin spaz out on somebody, and Ovechkin actually hits people.
My Top Ten:
1. Ovechkin
2.Iginla
3.St. Louis
4.Malkin
5.Kovalchuk
6.Nash
7.Lidstrom
8.Lecavalier
9.Pronger
10.Gaborik
Go to Top of Page

Guest9109
( )

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  05:33:18  Reply with Quote
seriously guys... just look at how many points he puts up. did gretzky go out every night and pound people into the boards? no! he just put up points and helped his teams win every single night! god some people sure are douche bags
Go to Top of Page

Guest9847
( )

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  05:47:22  Reply with Quote
I'm not F***** saying Crosby sucks (actualy I am). Gretzky knew where the puck was going to be and you never saw him throw a tantrum on the ice (okay maybe on 1 occasion). As I said Crosby can only do 1 thing put the puck in the net. It"s good to do that but I like players who can do mare than cherry pick.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9847
( )

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  05:49:16  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9109

seriously guys... just look at how many points he puts up. did gretzky go out every night and pound people into the boards? no! he just put up points and helped his teams win every single night! god some people sure are douche bags

Yo stupid get your head checked. What an idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest9289
( )

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  05:55:58  Reply with Quote
Crosby haters are all losers really. The kid is barely 20 and look what he's done so far? Nothing right? Come on winers, stop winning about Crosby when we all know he's one of the top players in the world.
So what he whines?? All GREAT players did it, its part of the game. You have to whine to get what you want and he does it well. Gretzky, Lemieux, etc did it. Noone ever commented on that right???
Yes I agree that sometimes the media exagerates and give him all the attention, so what? They are Canadian too, im sure if you go to Russia, all they talk about is Malkin and Ovechkin, its only normal right??
And if he gets all the attention, be mad at the media, not at him. He does his job well so thats the only thing you can ask for in a hockey player.
If Crosby stays healthy, wait 3-4 years from now. All that trash talk about Crosby being overrated will be gone. Just wait and see.

Go to Top of Page

Guest4631
( )

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  07:27:18  Reply with Quote
i dont understand how you can say he is overrated when he lives up to the standards. just look at how good he was in the playoffs last year after coming back from an injury. and a cherry picker? get real he's not camped out on the blueline all day. if u hate him u hate him thats fine, but stop making yourselves look like idiots by saying he is not one of the most talented players in the nhl
Go to Top of Page

Guest7913
( )

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  08:01:17  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6257

I am not saying Gaborik is a better choice, I just think that he would be just as good of a player or even better if he wasn't injured all the time. It just grinds my gears that Crosby still gets so much attention being some Canadian icon when in reality there are many other Canadian players better than him that don't get the recognition. Last year was a good year when he got taken out for awhile and the actual heart of the team showed his skills (Malkin), even though he's not Canadian. If you were GM and you could either keep Crosby or trade for Iginla, Ovechkin, or Lecavalier as an even deal what would be your choice? I'd like to hear your thoughts. Sure Crosby is producing now, but his injuries have already started. We will have to see in a couple of years. FYI This is only a point of view, if I were a GM I would keep him to keep the arena full of media brainwashed fans that don't know better.

Ya, that heart of the team (Malkin) sure looked good in the playoffs too, didn't he. Get your head checked. Do you think Crosby asked for all the media attention he is getting? He has accepted it and keeps his whining (if any) on the ice. I never hear him whining into a microphone. At least he is not like the Detroit b*&ches who don't show up for the All-star game because they don't feel like it. What a burn to the fans. Other then Ovy, I would take Crosby over any of the names you mentioned.
Go to Top of Page

ThorntonisTHEMAN
PickupHockey Pro

499 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  15:00:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha ok, I'm not a Crosby fan by any stretch of the imagination! But not having him in the top 4, much less top 10, is absolutly unbelievable! Like him or not, there is no denying that the Kid has serious skill! I put Ovechkin #1 and Crosby at #2. Malkin is pretty far down on the list actually!

"I'm not dumb enough to be a goalie."
Brett Hull.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9847
( )

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  16:52:06  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9289

Crosby haters are all losers really. The kid is barely 20 and look what he's done so far? Nothing right? Come on winers, stop winning about Crosby when we all know he's one of the top players in the world.
So what he whines?? All GREAT players did it, its part of the game. You have to whine to get what you want and he does it well. Gretzky, Lemieux, etc did it. Noone ever commented on that right???
Yes I agree that sometimes the media exagerates and give him all the attention, so what? They are Canadian too, im sure if you go to Russia, all they talk about is Malkin and Ovechkin, its only normal right??
And if he gets all the attention, be mad at the media, not at him. He does his job well so thats the only thing you can ask for in a hockey player.
If Crosby stays healthy, wait 3-4 years from now. All that trash talk about Crosby being overrated will be gone. Just wait and see.

I can some what agree with this.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9847
( )

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  16:56:12  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9847

I agree, Crosby is an overpaid, overrated, suck!!!!! Crosby is a good goal scorer, but that is all he can do. You barely ever see him hit and when he fights he fights like a baby. You never see Ovechkin spaz out on somebody, and Ovechkin actually hits people.
My Top Ten:
1. Ovechkin
2.Iginla
3.St. Louis
4.Malkin
5.Kovalchuk
6.Nash
7.Lidstrom
8.Lecavalier
9.Pronger
10.Gaborik

I sorta over exadurated on this. Sorry. I would have Crosby as #7 on the list.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8112
( )

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  17:08:02  Reply with Quote
Gaboriks best season was with 83 points in 77 GP, Crosbys is 120 points in 79 GP... how is that better?
Go to Top of Page

goleafsgosjnb
Top Prospect

Canada
98 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  17:25:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a foolish arguement to keep having. The kid is a phenom. Does anyone remember how good Iginla or Thornton or Lecavalier were at his age? He is just going to keep getting better so you better get used to the hype, the lame reebok clothing line and that MIA personality of his.

It is unfortunate he is, and probably always will be, overshadowed by Ovechkin. As for Malkin, I give him all the credit in the world for carrying the scoring load, but I still look at Crosby as the leader of the Penguins and one of the league's elite. It shouldn't be long before the pieces fall into place and the Crosby hoists his first cup (and brings it back to the Maritimes!) What will the haters say then?
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  20:30:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ya know what's really funny?? Last year, I was arguing that Crosby was not the best player in the league and people fought with me to no end. Now, I find myself defending him on threads such as this.

Let's face a couple of things.

1) Crosby is not the best all around player in the league. He's not even the best offensive player in the league. However, it is without question that he belongs with the elite names in the league and very near the top. To dispute that, is rediculous. He is top 5 in the league. No doubt.

2) Crosby might whine, might complain, might not fight or throw a ton of checks, but that is really irrelevant to his skill. He does everything at top speed. There are only about a half dozen guys in the league that can do that. When you play like that, you will get injured more often than guys who play it safe.

3) Who was the guest who said that Gretzky threw a tantrum once?? Are you serious??? From the biggest Gretzky fan on this site, let me speak the truth. There was never a player in the history of the league that was a bigger whiner than Wayne Gretzky. Never. Not even close. He would complain to the refs when he tripped on the Blue Line!! Please. Sid is saint in the whining department compared to the Great One.

4) He might not throw his body around a lot, but he is surprisingly strong. Take the time to watch him specifically next time he is on TV(should be soon, regardless of where you live) and notice that he does not get manhandled at all .When he does get tossed around, it's either Chara sized or it's hook/trip etc. The boy is seriously strong. 5'11", 200lbs. And that's not a chubby 200. The boy's got the groceries.

And most importantly, you might think all these negative things about Crosby, but at the end of the day you want him on your team. No, check that, you need him on your team. He immediately makes any team better. There is no doubt about that.

If you disagree, you are a hater, plain and simple.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6030
( )

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  04:50:14  Reply with Quote
Crosby is a true Captain. Just last night before the game against the rangers, he said that it is their time now. It will be hard but they will be at war. He said the second half we have to play like champs, separate the boys from the men. Look at the result...watch for the KID in the second half...if he stays healthy, he will be on fire.
Who can argue about that? Crosby is a better 2 way player than Ovechkin, lets face it. Malkin makes way too many mistakes in his own end. Just my 2 cents.
Go to Top of Page

Guest7913
( )

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  08:12:10  Reply with Quote
Crosby got 4 points last night; man is he ever overrated Guest 2073, you are a tool.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9289
( )

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  08:36:28  Reply with Quote
Guest2073, you make no sense with your stupid comments. Please stop posting...save us all some time and don't make a fool of yourself.
Crosby is Crosby, great player, true captain, perfect role model. If you know a little about hockey, I dont need to give examples of what I just stated.
Now stop whinning [ ADMIN EDIT ]

Edited by - n/a on 01/29/2009 09:18:36
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  09:20:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guys - no matter how hot and bothered you get about Crosby, there is no need to be name-calling.

Especially when you misspell "whining".

Attack the argument, not the person.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Guest1469
( )

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  09:50:26  Reply with Quote
Crosbys the best player in the world overpaid not a chance he took less money because he wants to win would malkin or ovechkin i think not
Go to Top of Page

Guest4631
( )

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  10:31:31  Reply with Quote
actually malkin did sign for less than he could have just like crosby. so he could stay in pitts for the chance to win
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  10:38:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is like saying I like chocolate better than vanilla....and whoever like vanilla is an idiot...

Go to Top of Page

fat_elvis_rocked
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  14:43:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Matt_Roberts85

This is like saying I like chocolate better than vanilla....and whoever like vanilla is an idiot...

That's why I always go Neapolitan with my Ice cream....never wrong, not so sure about the idiot tho....
Go to Top of Page

Guest9289
( )

Posted - 01/30/2009 :  05:47:14  Reply with Quote
slomo...coming from a Toronto fan, your comments are disregarded...don;t even attempt to post anything in here. Whoever is thrashing Crosby needs help, no need for explaining here.
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2009 :  08:28:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fat_elvis_rocked

quote:

That's why I always go Neapolitan with my Ice cream....never wrong, not so sure about the idiot tho....

Well, at least your not a sherbert kind of guy...if you know what I mean...

(huh?!)

Go to Top of Page

Guest7183
( )

Posted - 01/30/2009 :  08:58:36  Reply with Quote
quote:

My Top Ten:
1. Ovechkin
2.Iginla
3.St. Louis
4.Malkin
5.Kovalchuk
6.Nash
7.Lidstrom
8.Lecavalier
9.Pronger
10.Gaborik

LOL?! you put St-louis before Lecavalier, Malkin Nash and Crosby on your list, where's the logic ? St-Louis is very far to be the 3rd best player of the NHL...
Go to Top of Page

JERJ2008
Top Prospect

Canada
25 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2009 :  09:41:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Crosby does not suck. Look at his numbers. Someone earlier said, "Did Gretzky go out and pound guys?", no he didn't. Crosby's the same way. I wouldn't say he's a crybaby either. You stand in front of a 6'5" 250 pounder flying at you, I'll bet you'll be a bigger baby than him.
That said, I don't like how he sells out to everyone. Formula 87 Gatorade? SC87 clothing line? As if his 9 mil isn't enough, and his media coverage is sub par. I don't like how he exploits his name and sells out to everyone offering. "Work out with Sydney Crosby!", he didn't make up those drills, his trainer did.
However, he's not overpaid, he's doesn't suck, and he's not a baby. Just because you don't like him doesn't make him a bad player.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9847
( )

Posted - 01/31/2009 :  13:58:07  Reply with Quote
Crosby is a better 2 way player than Ovechkin, lets face it.
[/quote]My a**! Don't get me started on Ovechkin.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9847
( )

Posted - 01/31/2009 :  14:00:31  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

You Go Fat Elvis!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2009 :  16:42:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

My Top Ten:
1. Ovechkin
2.Iginla
3.St. Louis
4.Malkin
5.Kovalchuk
6.Nash
7.Lidstrom
8.Lecavalier
9.Pronger
10.Gaborik

Haha.

St. Luis before Malkin, Kovalchuk, nash, lidstrom, lecavlier? Even before Pronger and Gaborik? I can't take your list seriously after seeing your 3rd pick.

Irvine
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2009 :  16:56:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Finally!!! I was wondering when someone was going to bring this up!!

love sarcasm

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Guest1850
( )

Posted - 03/04/2009 :  08:04:35  Reply with Quote
Just so i can't be called a crosby "hater".....the PENGUINS suck.
Go to Top of Page

Guest0940
( )

Posted - 03/10/2009 :  19:12:43  Reply with Quote
hey um.

im pretty sure you guys would whine aswell, when your getting hit non stop because of your talent. people know he's good, and they go out of the way to try to kill him. and also, everybody loved Gretz. and did he not whine? at a young age
Go to Top of Page

Rambo2305
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
546 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2009 :  10:18:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you had to rank the Top 5 offensive players in the NHL right now (also based on their impact to their team), Sidney Crosby wouldn't be number one, but you have to consider him as an elite player.

1) Evgeni Malkin / PIT (Plays better without Crosby)
2) Alexander Ovechkin / WAS (Good supporting cast, but makes others better)
3) Zach Parise / NJ (Only Goal scorer on the team)
4) Sidney Crosby / PIT (Pittsburgh has a better winning percentage without him in the lineup)
5) Jerome Ignlia / CAL (Definition of CAPTAIN)

"Everytime you step out onto the ice, it's a clean slate, anyone can win"
Go to Top of Page

Guest0651
( )

Posted - 04/22/2009 :  10:39:12  Reply with Quote
Gretzki "yapped" all the time / is he the best hockey player ever? probably

Crosby is in the top five no question

Was Sundin ever in the top 20? Yet he was always paid like he was
(Point a game man at best when he was making 9.5 mil)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page