Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 Move over for Canada's New Poster Boy!!! Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fastkramer
Top Prospect

Canada
11 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2010 :  10:51:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What do you think? Jordan Eberle will climb into the Canada #1 posterboy status!!

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2010 :  11:45:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
no, not likely
Go to Top of Page

redneck76ca
Rookie

186 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2010 :  11:52:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fastkramer

What do you think? Jordan Eberle will climb into the Canada #1 posterboy status!!

He may never even have a decent NHL career. Until Crosby retires there is no room for Eberle.
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2010 :  12:04:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe for the young stars game at the All star break next year or the year after. That's about as close as he will get.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8605
( )

Posted - 04/07/2010 :  12:22:16  Reply with Quote
He should play in the A next year.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2010 :  13:55:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The comparison is so lopside it's not even a comparison.

I'm not going to go into details but please. I am a huge Eberle fan. I have to as Edmonton really doesn't have any other hope to this point. But compared to Sid, Eberle is a 3rd line plugger.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2010 :  21:00:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And that's not the worst of it, Beans.

Really, about three years ago, I thought Crosby was just going to be a regular superstar . . . great skills, etc etc, but not a "special" talent. Now, I realise he has blossomed into that rare, special talent . . . and you can't really see it coming sometimes. Did anyone think Crosby could score 50 and contend for the Richard trophy? Nope, not really - not with Ovie around. Did anyone think he'd win the cup so soon, especially after going to the finals the year before and getting somewhat schooled by Detroit? Nope, not me, and a lot of others didn't think so either.

That's the thing that's impossible to measure or see . . . the truly great fire in the belly, the pure determination to constantly do better even when your one of the very best . . . it's such a rare, rare thing.

I doubt if Eberle has that, but it'd be cool if he did. But even if he did . . . he still might not be as good as Crosby - and to knock off the king, you need a KO punch (ie - you'd have to dominate). Not happening.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

polishexpress
PickupHockey Pro

525 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2010 :  23:15:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Posterboy or not, I'll like watching the Oilers with Eberle in the future, I hope
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2010 :  00:29:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As far as i recall, Crosby had FAR more hype than Eberle! Was Crosby not referred to as "the next one" on more than a few occasions??? As good as i think Eberle is and will be, there's no need to even try to compare the hype!

Eberle's a a future star in the league from what i've seen. Whether that means 100+ points yearly or just 70+ with other intangibles, he's gonna be an above average player if his junior careers is any indication. I'm gonna say he's a PPG guy within 4-5 years, assuming the Oilers rebuild into a competetive team! I'd say he's a pretty good start, especially mixed in with guys like Paarjarvi-Svensson and Omark!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page