Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 New Trophy time? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

FLYING -V
Top Prospect

69 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2010 :  10:44:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was looking a the stats today and i realized something...Ovechkin is second in goals, points and plus minus in the NHL. However, fortunately for him, there is one category he's leading in... Empty Net goals! What a star! Not only that, but this will be his second straight title in that department! This is an incredible achievement, yet on awards night the NHL gives out no such trophy to reward this.I say that this trophy should be instituted today!

Guest4158
( )

Posted - 04/09/2010 :  11:28:33  Reply with Quote
i hope you are joking.

Go to Top of Page

baumer
Top Prospect

82 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2010 :  13:47:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is this a serious question?
Go to Top of Page

Guest9947
( )

Posted - 04/09/2010 :  13:52:22  Reply with Quote
I think quite obviously this is a Crosby fan trying to make a point...
Go to Top of Page

FLYING -V
Top Prospect

69 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2010 :  13:52:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nope...No joke
Go to Top of Page

Guest4803
( )

Posted - 04/09/2010 :  14:30:27  Reply with Quote
ya dont think its gonna happen anytime soon what the nhl should do though is have two Hart Trophys one for each conference similar to the Cy young and mvp awards in baseball, that way all the eastern bias would be eliminated.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2010 :  15:20:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4803

ya dont think its gonna happen anytime soon what the nhl should do though is have two Hart Trophys one for each conference similar to the Cy young and mvp awards in baseball, that way all the eastern bias would be eliminated.

What eastern bias?
Go to Top of Page

Hugh G. Rection
Rookie

165 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2010 :  18:07:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Next time just name the thread " I hate Alex Ovechkin". It would clear things up and save me the time of clicking on a terrible thread.
Go to Top of Page

Utemin
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
451 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2010 :  12:01:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Totally Ovi deserves it maybe I deserve a Trophy for the most ridiculous comments on this website? Chris Mason didn't get one for his beard, Rick Rypien wont get one for beating up people almost 1 foot taller, George Bush didn't get a Trophy for Failing! the list keeps going on, Think Short handed goals doesn't deserve a trophy (sorta has one) but it is more reasonable then this! This is dumber then the Gretzky Trophy!
Go to Top of Page

redneck76ca
Rookie

186 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2010 :  16:36:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Utemin[/i]
[br]Totally Ovi deserves it maybe I deserve a Trophy for the most ridiculous comments on this website? Chris Mason didn't get one for his beard, Rick Rypien wont get one for beating up people almost 1 foot taller, George Bush didn't get a Trophy for Failing! the list keeps going on, Think Short handed goals doesn't deserve a trophy (sorta has one) but it is more reasonable then this! This is dumber then the Gretzky Trophy!

Utemin- don't worry we already voted on the ridiculous comments trophy. We have decided to call it the "Utemin Award" and you should know that you had all 3 nominations and won in a landslide.
Go to Top of Page

fat_elvis_rocked
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2010 :  22:23:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by redneck76ca[/i]
[br]
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Utemin[/i]
[br]Totally Ovi deserves it maybe I deserve a Trophy for the most ridiculous comments on this website? Chris Mason didn't get one for his beard, Rick Rypien wont get one for beating up people almost 1 foot taller, George Bush didn't get a Trophy for Failing! the list keeps going on, Think Short handed goals doesn't deserve a trophy (sorta has one) but it is more reasonable then this! This is dumber then the Gretzky Trophy!

Utemin- don't worry we already voted on the ridiculous comments trophy. We have decided to call it the "Utemin Award" and you should know that you had all 3 nominations and won in a landslide.

There goes my suggestion for 'North Part of South-facing Horse' award......
Go to Top of Page

99pickles
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
671 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2010 :  10:12:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Curiously, if such an award were ever created who would it be named after? The first coach that attempted the first goalie pull? The first goalie ever pulled? The person with the most empty netters of all time?

Does anyone know the answers to any of these three questions?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page