Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Toronto
 Sundin Resigns

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SlowShot Posted - 06/12/2007 : 19:57:42
According to the score Mats Sundin has resigned for 1 year with a contract worth 5.5 million. What do you people think abouts this?

I love Charles Wang
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Canucks Man Posted - 06/21/2007 : 20:54:23
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4993

quote:
Originally posted by stastnysforever

I think its wrong to trade a player at the trade deadline at the end of their career, especially when they've been with your team for so long, kinda like salo and the oilers, just a thougth

what do Calgary and a tea bag have in common- they're both only good for one cup

You mean Smyth and the oilers?

I just realized I made that comment.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
PuckNuts Posted - 06/21/2007 : 20:34:45
5.5 mil, for one year, Okay it is Toronto, they are not trying to win the Cup this year, but they need someone to lead the young players to the next level...I hope it works...

I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
- - Marshall McLuhan

Guest4993 Posted - 06/14/2007 : 22:50:20
quote:
Originally posted by stastnysforever

I think its wrong to trade a player at the trade deadline at the end of their career, especially when they've been with your team for so long, kinda like salo and the oilers, just a thougth

what do Calgary and a tea bag have in common- they're both only good for one cup

You mean Smyth and the oilers?
stastnysforever Posted - 06/14/2007 : 19:57:24

Beans15 Posted - 06/14/2007 : 17:33:06
A player's value at the trade deadline is never as much as it is in the off season. Let's say Sundin the worst season of his career. Then what? No one will want him, and if they do, they won't give up much.

This is still a really poor move on Toronto's part if they want to get better in the future.

However, to show committment to your Captain, it's a good move.

Hockey Move=Bad
Classy Move=Good

I Love your Kids, IHC is the man, and The Oilers Rule. Does that make me insane??
SlowShot Posted - 06/14/2007 : 14:00:08
Ya but if he's healthy we trade him at the dead line get some good picks or young talent and he's a rental player so next season he's back with us.

I love Charles Wang
Beans15 Posted - 06/13/2007 : 21:45:05
This is a totally stupid move by TO, but what is new. He'll be 37 in Feb. How many good years does he have left. Two?? Three?? Not much more than that. So TO signs him for one year?? Why not sign him to a two or three year deal and TRADE HIM??? There is no way the Leafs will compete with the team they have and putting their eggs into Sundin will win them what?? Maybe 8th in the East??

Toronto needs to rebuild. Sundin could get them a couple of pieces to do that. But the one year contract virtually assures that he will be in TO until at least the trade dead line. What happens if he gets hurt before then??

Toronto gets nothing for their superstar. Nice.

I Love your Kids, IHC is the man, and The Oilers Rule. Does that make me insane??
Buddyno2000 Posted - 06/13/2007 : 18:45:17
Great move. By only signing ONE year Sundin sent a message to JFJ he is telling him that he got one last chance to make something out of that team if not he ''Sundin'' will be long gone next year ( and I would say JFJ 2) so lets see what happens next.
Mikhailova Posted - 06/13/2007 : 13:15:21
quote:
Originally posted by manninm

I got confused for a second. When you said resign I thought you meant, like, resigning his captaincy, or something along those lines. I had a smile on my face like this!

Yeah I did that too. At first I thought Sundin was resigning and I thought "Well, there go the Leafs..."

Keeping him on the team though was a good move. He's one of the few hopes the have.
willus3 Posted - 06/13/2007 : 08:31:42
quote:
Originally posted by manninm

I got confused for a second. When you said resign I thought you meant, like, resigning his captaincy, or something along those lines. I had a smile on my face like this!

Because the demands on a goalie are mostly mental, it means that for a goalie, the biggest enemy is himself." ~Ken Dryden

I thought the same thing. It's amazing the difference a hyphen can make.

"You are not your desktop wallpaper"
manninm Posted - 06/13/2007 : 07:35:25

Because the demands on a goalie are mostly mental, it means that for a goalie, the biggest enemy is himself." ~Ken Dryden
Mikhailova Posted - 06/13/2007 : 07:16:30
Good move by the Leafs...for once
stastnysforever Posted - 06/13/2007 : 06:41:09
quote:
Originally posted by Canucks Man

LIKE PECA? Give your head a shake, he is nothing like Peca, Sundin is way better then peca. In 05-06 Peca had 71 9 14 23 -4 Sundin had 70 31 47 78 7, way way better, I didnt use this years because Peca was injured for most of it. Now Career Stats Peca: 728 164 245 409 73 Sundin: 1,231 523 720 1,243 61. How can you even compare the 2?

CANUCKS RULE!!!

Wow, I guess i was just being an idiot when I said that, I thought Peca was way better than that

semin-rules Posted - 06/13/2007 : 05:27:25
Leafs have signed a couple good players recently, and I think Sundin is one of them

~~~Great season Senators. Good job Anaheim!!!~~~
Canucks Man Posted - 06/12/2007 : 23:24:49
LIKE PECA? Give your head a shake, he is nothing like Peca, Sundin is way better then peca. In 05-06 Peca had 71 9 14 23 -4 Sundin had 70 31 47 78 7, way way better, I didnt use this years because Peca was injured for most of it. Now Career Stats Peca: 728 164 245 409 73 Sundin: 1,231 523 720 1,243 61. How can you even compare the 2?

CANUCKS RULE!!!
stastnysforever Posted - 06/12/2007 : 20:36:40
I think SUndin is way overrated, he's good but he's not that good, he used to be that good, but now he's like Peca

-oil-country- Posted - 06/12/2007 : 20:07:28
Wow first McCabes deal now this....It was a good move resigning him but for 5.5M that's ridiculous.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page