Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Toronto
 Sundin Resigns Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SlowShot
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
264 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2007 :  19:57:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
According to the score Mats Sundin has resigned for 1 year with a contract worth 5.5 million. What do you people think abouts this?

I love Charles Wang

-oil-country-
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
988 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2007 :  20:07:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow first McCabes deal now this....It was a good move resigning him but for 5.5M that's ridiculous.

Go to Top of Page

stastnysforever
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
301 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2007 :  20:36:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think SUndin is way overrated, he's good but he's not that good, he used to be that good, but now he's like Peca

what do Calgary and a tea bag have in common- they're both only good for one cup
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2007 :  23:24:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LIKE PECA? Give your head a shake, he is nothing like Peca, Sundin is way better then peca. In 05-06 Peca had 71 9 14 23 -4 Sundin had 70 31 47 78 7, way way better, I didnt use this years because Peca was injured for most of it. Now Career Stats Peca: 728 164 245 409 73 Sundin: 1,231 523 720 1,243 61. How can you even compare the 2?

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2007 :  05:27:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Leafs have signed a couple good players recently, and I think Sundin is one of them

~~~Great season Senators. Good job Anaheim!!!~~~
Go to Top of Page

stastnysforever
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
301 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2007 :  06:41:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Canucks Man

LIKE PECA? Give your head a shake, he is nothing like Peca, Sundin is way better then peca. In 05-06 Peca had 71 9 14 23 -4 Sundin had 70 31 47 78 7, way way better, I didnt use this years because Peca was injured for most of it. Now Career Stats Peca: 728 164 245 409 73 Sundin: 1,231 523 720 1,243 61. How can you even compare the 2?

CANUCKS RULE!!!

Wow, I guess i was just being an idiot when I said that, I thought Peca was way better than that

what do Calgary and a tea bag have in common- they're both only good for one cup
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2007 :  07:16:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good move by the Leafs...for once
Go to Top of Page

manninm
PickupHockey Pro

USA
347 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2007 :  07:35:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got confused for a second. When you said resign I thought you meant, like, resigning his captaincy, or something along those lines. I had a smile on my face like this!

Because the demands on a goalie are mostly mental, it means that for a goalie, the biggest enemy is himself." ~Ken Dryden
Go to Top of Page

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2007 :  08:31:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by manninm

I got confused for a second. When you said resign I thought you meant, like, resigning his captaincy, or something along those lines. I had a smile on my face like this!

Because the demands on a goalie are mostly mental, it means that for a goalie, the biggest enemy is himself." ~Ken Dryden

I thought the same thing. It's amazing the difference a hyphen can make.

"You are not your desktop wallpaper"
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2007 :  13:15:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by manninm

Yeah I did that too. At first I thought Sundin was resigning and I thought "Well, there go the Leafs..."

Keeping him on the team though was a good move. He's one of the few hopes the have.
Go to Top of Page

Buddyno2000
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
606 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2007 :  18:45:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great move. By only signing ONE year Sundin sent a message to JFJ he is telling him that he got one last chance to make something out of that team if not he ''Sundin'' will be long gone next year ( and I would say JFJ 2) so lets see what happens next.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2007 :  21:45:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a totally stupid move by TO, but what is new. He'll be 37 in Feb. How many good years does he have left. Two?? Three?? Not much more than that. So TO signs him for one year?? Why not sign him to a two or three year deal and TRADE HIM??? There is no way the Leafs will compete with the team they have and putting their eggs into Sundin will win them what?? Maybe 8th in the East??

Toronto needs to rebuild. Sundin could get them a couple of pieces to do that. But the one year contract virtually assures that he will be in TO until at least the trade dead line. What happens if he gets hurt before then??

Toronto gets nothing for their superstar. Nice.

I Love your Kids, IHC is the man, and The Oilers Rule. Does that make me insane??
Go to Top of Page

SlowShot
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
264 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2007 :  14:00:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ya but if he's healthy we trade him at the dead line get some good picks or young talent and he's a rental player so next season he's back with us.

I love Charles Wang
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2007 :  17:33:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A player's value at the trade deadline is never as much as it is in the off season. Let's say Sundin the worst season of his career. Then what? No one will want him, and if they do, they won't give up much.

This is still a really poor move on Toronto's part if they want to get better in the future.

However, to show committment to your Captain, it's a good move.

Hockey Move=Bad
Classy Move=Good

I Love your Kids, IHC is the man, and The Oilers Rule. Does that make me insane??
Go to Top of Page

stastnysforever
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
301 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2007 :  19:57:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think its wrong to trade a player at the trade deadline at the end of their career, especially when they've been with your team for so long, kinda like salo and the oilers, just a thougth

Go to Top of Page

Guest4993
( )

Posted - 06/14/2007 :  22:50:20  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stastnysforever

I think its wrong to trade a player at the trade deadline at the end of their career, especially when they've been with your team for so long, kinda like salo and the oilers, just a thougth

You mean Smyth and the oilers?
Go to Top of Page

PuckNuts
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2414 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2007 :  20:34:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
5.5 mil, for one year, Okay it is Toronto, they are not trying to win the Cup this year, but they need someone to lead the young players to the next level...I hope it works...

I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
- - Marshall McLuhan

Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2007 :  20:54:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4993

quote:
Originally posted by stastnysforever

You mean Smyth and the oilers?

I just realized I made that comment.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page