Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Toronto
 I dont get Leaf Fans Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jbraiter
PickupHockey Pro

577 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2007 :  15:28:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Most Leaf Fans are cheering for Ottawa in the finals, but are big rivals. Would they do the same if the habs were in the finals?

Choices:

Yes
No
Depends on who they are playing

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2007 :  15:53:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know, I'm not a Leafs fan. They're probably only cheering for Ottawa because they're the Canadian team, but if you look at the rosters, Anaheim has more Canadians than Ottawa, so one could argue they're the more Canadian team.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4943
( )

Posted - 05/23/2007 :  20:06:33  Reply with Quote
Im cheering for aneheim. I'll never cheer for ottawa or the habs if my life depended on it
Go to Top of Page

SlowShot
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
264 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2007 :  20:07:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4943

Im cheering for aneheim. I'll never cheer for ottawa or the habs if my life depended on it

That was me
Go to Top of Page

GOWINGS19
Rookie

USA
232 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2007 :  20:57:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't care who's in the finals if its my rival...i'm going for the other team...and mik is right...anaheim is definitely more canadian...well except that ottawa is in canada...thats the most canadian thing about the Sens

"I don’t need to score the goal. I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals." -Vladmir Konstantinov
Go to Top of Page

juice32
Rookie

Canada
100 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2007 :  04:57:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I'm Torn........I'm a die hard Leafs fan, I find it hard to cheer for Ottawa because of the rively, but their Canada's team now.

I love the canadian content on the Ducks roster like Perry and Getslaf, but I can't cheer for them because I wanna see the cup back in Canada.

I don't think I could EVER cheer for the Habs, but Michael Ryder is a hometown boy and I wanna see him do well.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2007 :  11:10:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's no different than a fews years back when Calgary made the finals. There were Flames Flags everywhere in Edmonton. I was personally sick, but that's what fans are these days. Back in the day, players stayed with teams for a lot longer than they do today. Fans liked teams and/or players on them. In today's NHL players have less loyalty, as do fans. So, it seems more acceptable to fans to cheer for their rivals once their own team is out. I wasn't cheering for the Flames in 04, and I wasn't cheering against them. It would have been fine for the Cup to come back to Canada.

And who cares where the players are from?? That's bunk to me. ANA is still an American team. I don't care if they have more Canadian players than any other team in the NHL. The team is American. I want a Canadian City's name on the Cup this year. I wouldn't care if every one of Ottawa's players were aliens. Ottawa is a Canadian team. ANA is an American Team with Canadian Players. Do you think they will engrave an asterick on the Cup with a line that says, "mostly Canadian Players?"

I Love your Kids, IHC is the man, and The Oilers Rule. Does that make me insane??
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2007 :  12:50:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I'm just saying all this "cheer for your country" business in the Cup doesn't make a lot of sense since the players aren't FROM your country. They just play for a city there because that's where they happened to be drafted.

And true Oilers fans wouldn't cheer for the Flames if the choice was Calgary or some other team, US or Canadian. If someone really supported their team they wouldn't cheer for their rival, regardless of where their opponent's team is located.

However, all that being said, if there's a Canadian team who's not your team's rival vs. a US team, cheer for the Canadian team, in that instance I really don't care. But if there's a Canadian team who IS your team's rival playing a US team, screw the other team's location! You don't cheer for your rival! Loyal fans don't, anyway. Same goes for US fans. If your team's rival is playing a Canadian team, cheer for the Canadian team.

Edited by - Mikhailova on 05/25/2007 13:20:31
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2007 :  16:38:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok as a huge Leafs fan I AM NOT going for them nor have I ever in my life. Its weird thoguh because all of my friends are like "ohh their a Canadian team so go for them". Im like "Screw you I never will" and laugh at them. If you aregoing for Ottawa Then you are NOT a Leafs fan.

When life gives you lemons throw them at the Ottawa Senators and their fans and hope it gets them in the eyes ;)
Go to Top of Page

marty st.louis fan
Top Prospect

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2007 :  16:40:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leafsfan_101

Ok as a huge Leafs fan I AM NOT going for them nor have I ever in my life. Its weird thoguh because all of my friends are like "ohh their a Canadian team so go for them". Im like "Screw you I never will" and laugh at them. If you aregoing for Ottawa Then you are NOT a Leafs fan.

When life gives you lemons throw them at the Ottawa Senators and their fans and hope it gets them in the eyes ;)

Well i want anaheim to win and im sure as hell not a leafs fan I Hate Ottawa

R.I.P OTTAWA SENATORS 06/07 SEASON
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2007 :  18:55:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leafsfan_101

That's what I'm talking about. Real fans don't cheer for their rival no matter who the opponent is or where they are from. 'Course I'm nowhere near being a Leafs fan, but hey, the more people cheering against Ottawa the better.
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2007 :  09:17:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Do you think they will engrave an asterick on the Cup with a line that says, "mostly Canadian Players?"

No, that's why they carve the players' names in

Kidding
Go to Top of Page

Patchy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
529 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2007 :  13:10:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not cheering for the sens, even if they were the only canadian team in the NHL. They will always be our rival, and I don't think it matters who they are playing against either, unless for some reason you hate that team even more...

~~Go Leafs Go~~
Go to Top of Page

Guest4423
( )

Posted - 06/02/2007 :  03:19:56  Reply with Quote
Sens suck I could never cheer for them...How could a REAL Leafs fan cheer for the the sens. You should get you head checked out! Then say your sorry!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4423
( )

Posted - 06/02/2007 :  03:22:20  Reply with Quote
Sens suck I could never cheer for them...How could a REAL Leafs fan cheer for the the sens. You should get you head checked out! Then say your sorry!
Go to Top of Page

PuckNuts
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2414 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2007 :  20:43:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I voted "NO" Leaf fans are not cheering for Ottawa, maybe in Vancouver, but where I am from all the Leaf Fans cheered for Anaheim, like me...sorry Mik after Buffalo was out...

I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
- - Marshall McLuhan

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page