Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Will Montreal make it in 09?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
admin Posted - 03/22/2009 : 12:33:18
Will the Montreal Canadiens hang on to their playoff spot to see the post season?
40   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Pasty7 Posted - 04/07/2009 : 17:55:37
a few places have said it, first i herd it on the fan 990 (montreals sport radio) and then checked it up and sportsnet had an article saying he was making the trip with the team to NY and would seek a soulution that would allow him to play,, well see how it turns out, habs are currently down 3 one after 2 and are 0-4 on the pp tonight after a very strong first we came out flat in the second, its too bad this is a game we need to win to take the presure off for the final two

Pasty
Guest9278 Posted - 04/07/2009 : 15:23:04
Its very funny... ppl have been bashing the habs all season long and how much they are a weak team up front and how they struggle last month but i find it very funny

They are the most injured plague team this season... ( Most ppl put them at about 5-6-7 place in the east at the end of the season)

Right now they are 7th with 92 points just a few points away from 4-5-6 place ( yes they lost 2 big players and wont make it there)

there injuries:
Komisarek out 1-2 month
tanguay out 2-3 month
komisarek out 1 month
price out 1 month
higgins out 1 month
dandenault out 2 month
bouillon out 2 month
laraque out half the year
ANd now markov and shneider

Im not making excuse injuries are a part of the game but I feel very good about my habds where they are with all the media hypes and injuries this year.

Thats why i think the habs will Make the playoff but then again as a habs fan i dont think they have the fire power if markov doesnt play. He is there most valuable player

Go habs Go
freddyboy Posted - 04/07/2009 : 13:06:39
quote:
Originally posted by Odin

quote:
Originally posted by Pasty7

quote:
Originally posted by Matt_Roberts85

hehe, the habs are done boys. I hope we get to see OV rip them to shreds.

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".

Schienider is in new york and is a game time decision he'll play on his elbow if he can

Where did you see that Pasty? I googled him and all I can find is that he is out for the season.

he went to new york to see an other doctor!...according to rds.ca (sorry it's in french)

joe is a god, if u dont agree....i dont care
Guest8141 Posted - 04/07/2009 : 11:22:51
If the habs lose their next 2 they are f***ed. They havent clinched yet.
Odin Posted - 04/07/2009 : 10:23:38
quote:

quote:

Schienider is in new york and is a game time decision he'll play on his elbow if he can

Where did you see that Pasty? I googled him and all I can find is that he is out for the season.
Odin Posted - 04/07/2009 : 10:23:00
quote:

quote:

Schienider is in new york and is a game time decision he'll play on his elbow if he can,

Pasty

Odin Posted - 04/07/2009 : 10:17:24
quote:

We're all allowed to dream I suppose. At least the Habs WILL be there.
Pasty7 Posted - 04/07/2009 : 09:28:49
quote:

Schienider is in new york and is a game time decision he'll play on his elbow if he can,

Pasty
Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 04/07/2009 : 09:09:20

Odin Posted - 04/07/2009 : 08:47:56
quote:

(I was being sarcastic, those turtlenecks are pretty gay)
Habs are in big trouble boys, W/o Schneider and Markov the habs chances at going deep just went out the window. Grabovski got a little revenge for what the hab players have done to him all season long. Sticking him in the groin and taking cheap shots whenever they could. That Hit on Markov on saturday was clean, Im actually surprised Grabovski was able to hit someone that hard lol.

I missed what happened to Schneider, can anyone fill me in?

Everybody breathe. Markov will be back in round 1. It sucks, and Schneider being done for the season REALLY sucks, but at least they can put Dandenault back there when Andrei's timeout is done. Bouillon is also skating again, so that will help. Also, I guess that Begin trade doesn't look so bad now.
Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 04/07/2009 : 06:06:53
(I was being sarcastic, those turtlenecks are pretty gay)
Habs are in big trouble boys, W/o Schneider and Markov the habs chances at going deep just went out the window. Grabovski got a little revenge for what the hab players have done to him all season long. Sticking him in the groin and taking cheap shots whenever they could. That Hit on Markov on saturday was clean, Im actually surprised Grabovski was able to hit someone that hard lol.

I missed what happened to Schneider, can anyone fill me in?

Axey Posted - 04/06/2009 : 21:45:04
Wow .. Markov and Schneider out? .. The turkeys just about cooked now .. that's huge .. I think it's time to call up Yannick Weber with that bomb from the point.. since #24 played his last game this year. We already know we can't work a powerplay without that big shot.
freddyboy Posted - 04/06/2009 : 12:14:58
quote:

yea, totally man. by the way, those are nice turtlenecks that some of the habs wear eh? (bahahaha)

haha for sure i even use to have one :O but it's too small now!

Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 04/06/2009 : 10:58:40
yea, totally man. by the way, those are nice turtlenecks that some of the habs wear eh? (bahahaha)

freddyboy Posted - 04/06/2009 : 10:19:59
as they say, you can take the guy out of montreal, but you can't take montreal out of the guy :)

it applies to any city....but i took mine as example

freddyboy Posted - 04/06/2009 : 10:18:27
quote:

The leafs got smoked on saturday. Montreal is a team on a roll heading into the post season and the leafs cant wait for this season to end. There I said it, does it make you guys feel better? haha, c'mon hab fans, if us leaf fans don't give you guys a hard time when the chips are down than we would never get to have any fun! lol! well, 'cept when the sens are down and out.

But seriously guys, you are always willing to shove all the 'greatness' of the habs in everyones face when things are good so someone has to take you guys down a notch when things turn sour. Leaf fans know how crappy the leafs have been (save for a few bright spots) for the last 42 years, beleive me, no one needs to remind us. I'm a Toronto boy, the leafs are my team until the day I die, regardless of how good they are, and im sure the same applies to people from Montreal. Thats just the way it is.

montreal isn't the best team, but it's a decent one. and as you say, I'm from Montreal, so no matter what Habs are my team. it's like this and no matter what, it's a big rivalry between Habs and Leafs and as a proud supporter of Montreal i like, to be a litle "arrogant" with leafs fan but it stays to a friendly level (usually) it's rare that i attack someone personally but it's me not the other guys.

anyway let's kick sen's tonight!

Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 04/06/2009 : 08:57:21
The leafs got smoked on saturday. Montreal is a team on a roll heading into the post season and the leafs cant wait for this season to end. There I said it, does it make you guys feel better? haha, c'mon hab fans, if us leaf fans don't give you guys a hard time when the chips are down than we would never get to have any fun! lol! well, 'cept when the sens are down and out.

But seriously guys, you are always willing to shove all the 'greatness' of the habs in everyones face when things are good so someone has to take you guys down a notch when things turn sour. Leaf fans know how crappy the leafs have been (save for a few bright spots) for the last 42 years, beleive me, no one needs to remind us. I'm a Toronto boy, the leafs are my team until the day I die, regardless of how good they are, and im sure the same applies to people from Montreal. Thats just the way it is.

Guest9278 Posted - 04/05/2009 : 04:14:42
Its funny .... If it would be the leafs that won last night there would be a ton of message ..... but now they are silenced!!!!

Great games habs!

Go habs Go
Guest4991 Posted - 04/04/2009 : 17:52:17
habs beating leafs 4 nil......sucks to be a leaf fan eh? lol
Guest0809 Posted - 04/03/2009 : 19:32:27
7752:
Well, looks like once again HABS fans were right - the Habs are going to make it, and it was never in doubt.
Only other fans (leafs, sens, etc.) and media (TSN aka Toronto Sports Network) were questioning whether or not they'd make it.
Anyway, all the talk "now" is how HOT! HOT!! HOT!!! the Pens and Carolina teams have been.
I agree... let's look at the points to get a clear picture of their hotness:
Pens = 92 points
Carolina = 93 points
And finally, the team you are all questioning, HABS = 90 points
Heck, even the mighty Flyers = 94 points!

Wow, look at this... Habs are right in there despite all the failures, coach firing, etc...??

Why would anyone question the Habs "lowly" 90 points???

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems like all others love the opportunity to kick Habs when they are down, however - Habs are IN / others (leafs, sens, panthers) are OUT.
Guest9278 Posted - 04/03/2009 : 14:45:24
This is so funny

Habs fans and Leafs fans are so wreckless

They hate eachotehr and love there team with a passion

All i got to say is i dont know why the leafs fans are bashing the habs when there team is worst.... its really saying if the habs suck.... that the leafs suck even more so everytime a leaf fans say the habs suck ... there calling there leafs the the worst team which is funny

BUT... i know its all for fun and the love of the team and i would probably do the same thing

HABS > LEAFS

The leafs fan were so happy when the habs were struggling and they see now the habs on a roll and will probably make the playoff and they are kicking there butt .. HAHA

Again this is all in good nature... Go habs Go
Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 04/03/2009 : 13:46:05
you hit the nail on the head. the leafs HAVE never rebuilt before. They always just denied their suckiness and tried to slap bandaids everywhere. Im a die hard leaf supporter but tis true, its so refreshing to actually see a team made up of YOUNG players, not just Mats sundin with a rag tag crew of 30 somethings behind him.

Although they had a couple decent playoff runs and 1 or 2 100 point seasons, there were no reinforcements waiting in the wings when these guys moved on. Alex Steen and Matt Stajan werent quite Doug Gilmour and Wendal Clark....

goleafsgosjnb Posted - 04/03/2009 : 13:21:21
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2622

quote:
Originally posted by Leafs Rock Planet

I find it really funny, the ongoing quotes from Habs fans on how their team is better than the leafs.

CONGRATULATIONS ODIN! The Habs are better then a rebuilding hockey team! If they are so much better, why are you even bringing it up? An 11 point difference is not much considering the LEAFS were supposed to be one of the worst teams in the NHL this year. But its ok, you and your fellow habs fans can come taunt me about this post when the Habs win the Stanlet Cup(HAHA).

Im confident they will make it into the playoffs but as far as competing for the cup, HA no chance.

The Stanlet Cup?? What is that?

Man you Leaves fans are touchy. In the last few posts I said nothing about the Habs being better. Just having a little fun with my buddy Matt. I understand though. The Leaves were eliminated. You are right to be bitter with yet another non-playoff season. But, I mean, the Leaves are perpetually rebuilding. When are they not? You can make that very convenient arguement every year.

bahaha Stanlet Cup... otherwise known as Le Coup Stanlet.

I wouldn't call the Leafs "rebuilding" until this year, the 3 previous years have been more like being in denial of their suckiness.

It looks like the Habs have a little cushion now in the playoff race. Fortunately, they have been playing like they belong so they hopefully won't embarass themselves too badly against the Bruins (or Devils, or Caps). I still hope the Panthers make it, the Rangers are another lame-duck team desperately holding on for dear life. At least if they don't make it, it will dispell the myth that Sean Avery can be a key player for a winning team.
Guest2453 Posted - 04/03/2009 : 11:58:43
quote:

I guess they are french, but isn't it CanadiANS, not CanadIENS. Bunch of smelly toilet bowls.

I juste wanted to say that if you go on www.nhl.com they spell it Montréal CanadiENS.
freddyboy Posted - 04/03/2009 : 11:35:45
quote:

quote:

sorry if i offended anyone, i guess the filter from brain to keyboard wasnt working properly. And no, i dont want quebec to seperate, i have close friends from Montreal. But to slozos request, I wont comment on anything else political or use any slurs. Sorry boys!

And actually, I am English anyways. Believe it or not, there are actually Habs fansthat are English, and we exist right across Canada. Perhaps there are even a few in the States. Such is the Mystique!

I am guest 2622, just forgot to sign in.

englang, funny, i don't know if you watch the game yesterday but in NY there were fan of the habs coming from Australia !!

sorry about the double post, but i wrote my idea at the wrong place

freddyboy Posted - 04/03/2009 : 11:28:47
quote:

quote:

sorry if i offended anyone, i guess the filter from brain to keyboard wasnt working properly. And no, i dont want quebec to seperate, i have close friends from Montreal. But to slozos request, I wont comment on anything else political or use any slurs. Sorry boys!

englang, funny, i don't know if you watch the game yesterday but in NY there were fan of the habs coming from Australia !!

And actually, I am English anyways. Believe it or not, there are actually Habs fansthat are English, and we exist right across Canada. Perhaps there are even a few in the States. Such is the Mystique!

Odin Posted - 04/03/2009 : 11:08:56
quote:
Originally posted by Habbytant

I am a little surprised at the lack of respect for a pretty good team. They won the conference last year with 104 points. So far as of the writting of this they have 90 points and in 7th place with 5 games remainig. Assuming they win the rest they will end up with a 100 point season. Not bad for all the whining and complaining. This is the first time I have seen Montreal fans jumping on and off the band wagon and to a point that they actually look like leaf fans. We in Montreal habve always held our ticker tape parades in July not October like Toronto.

Habby, it is just the bitter Leaves fans that are moaning. You have to admit, they have good reason to be bitter.
Odin Posted - 04/03/2009 : 11:06:48
quote:

Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 04/03/2009 : 10:46:37

Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 04/03/2009 : 10:42:31
quote:
Originally posted by Habbytant

I am a little surprised at the lack of respect for a pretty good team. They won the conference last year with 104 points. So far as of the writting of this they have 90 points and in 7th place with 5 games remainig. Assuming they win the rest they will end up with a 100 point season. Not bad for all the whining and complaining. This is the first time I have seen Montreal fans jumping on and off the band wagon and to a point that they actually look like leaf fans. We in Montreal habve always held our ticker tape parades in July not October like Toronto.

Are you kidding me? THe fans in Montreal were ready to engrave this years edition of the team on the cup in September!

freddyboy Posted - 04/03/2009 : 10:05:57
quote:
Originally posted by freddyboy

quote:

yea yea i know its french, im just trying to throw a log on the fire.
Habs are in 7th now! Way to go our [inappropriate content] french counterparts!
hahah relax guys im just kidding.

just to know are you one of the "rest of Canada" (no offense with Rest Of Canada, i guess Toronto but not sure) that would like Quebec to separate?

yea we are 7th now, PP and PK are doing great and tanguay-Koivu-Kovalev are on fire. We can breath a bit but it's not over till it's over so let's not freak out and clain victory too soon.

Next question....what will habs do when Lang will be returning?? gainey can't touch tanguay-koivu-kovalev, can't touch Lapierre-latendresse-kostopoulos. Higgins metropolit re doing good together....so let's see....plekanec and the 2K bro split? that's what i want to happen but i don't know yet when Lang will return

ADMIN EDIT - Let's learn from my mistakes and stay away from the politics, gentlemen.

sorry admin but my main point is everything from the 2 last paragraph

Habbytant Posted - 04/03/2009 : 09:55:42
freddyboy Posted - 04/03/2009 : 09:15:17
quote:

just to know are you one of the "rest of Canada" (no offense with Rest Of Canada, i guess Toronto but not sure) that would like Quebec to separate?

yea we are 7th now, PP and PK are doing great and tanguay-Koivu-Kovalev are on fire. We can breath a bit but it's not over till it's over so let's not freak out and clain victory too soon.

Next question....what will habs do when Lang will be returning?? gainey can't touch tanguay-koivu-kovalev, can't touch Lapierre-latendresse-kostopoulos. Higgins metropolit re doing good together....so let's see....plekanec and the 2K bro split? that's what i want to happen but i don't know yet when Lang will return

ADMIN EDIT - Let's learn from my mistakes and stay away from the politics, gentlemen.
Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 04/03/2009 : 09:02:05

ADMIN EDIT - No slurs, please.
freddyboy Posted - 04/03/2009 : 08:28:20
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2622

quote:

I guess they are french, but isn't it CanadiANS, not CanadIENS. Bunch of smelly toilet bowls.

Ya, Matt, as annoying as it is, two different languages buddy...

According to NHL.com it's Montreal Canadiens.

check it out on this http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=416376
2nd line

sorry guys

Guest2622 Posted - 04/03/2009 : 08:27:26
quote:
Originally posted by Bruins Fan

I, for one, most certainly hope the Canadiens make the playoffs and finish in 8th.

Then the Mighty Bruins can stomp them into the ground in four straight games!

To all Hab fans out there - you are remembering past glories if you honestly think the Habs can get past the Bruins in the first round. Dream on!

Bruins Fan

It actually wasn't all that long ago that the Bruins were first and the Habs 8th. What was that result again?

Guest2622 Posted - 04/03/2009 : 08:24:01
quote:

I find it really funny, the ongoing quotes from Habs fans on how their team is better than the leafs.

CONGRATULATIONS ODIN! The Habs are better then a rebuilding hockey team! If they are so much better, why are you even bringing it up? An 11 point difference is not much considering the LEAFS were supposed to be one of the worst teams in the NHL this year. But its ok, you and your fellow habs fans can come taunt me about this post when the Habs win the Stanlet Cup(HAHA).

Im confident they will make it into the playoffs but as far as competing for the cup, HA no chance.

Sorry, getting my Leaves boosters mixed up. Its Goleafs I've been bantering with, Matt just jumped in, which is fine.
Guest2622 Posted - 04/03/2009 : 08:21:49
quote:

The Stanlet Cup?? What is that?

Man you Leaves fans are touchy. In the last few posts I said nothing about the Habs being better. Just having a little fun with my buddy Matt. I understand though. The Leaves were eliminated. You are right to be bitter with yet another non-playoff season. But, I mean, the Leaves are perpetually rebuilding. When are they not? You can make that very convenient arguement every year.
Guest2622 Posted - 04/03/2009 : 08:16:45
quote:

Ya, Matt, as annoying as it is, two different languages buddy...
goleafsgosjnb Posted - 04/02/2009 : 14:35:34
quote:
Originally posted by Guest7752

MacBeth eh? Just think, that could be the Habs! The story of a popular tragic hero(Gainey) getting rid of an old ruler (Carbonneau) in order to make a stab at glory and then having everything blow up in his face.
[/quote]

Right on man... you must know this story so well... since you live it every season as a "leaf" fan.
Thanks for pointing it out to Habs fans who are not as accustomed to this story as leaf fans are.
However, nothing's really blowing up in Gainey's face yet... except maybe all SIX out of last eight possible points...?
[/quote]

Haha looks like someone's gotta brush up on their Shakespeare! If there was a story about a powerful government screwing over their (Leafs) nation year after year by dumb moves the end, THAT would fit a lil more.

Kovalev is starting to show up! I've seen this movie before though, soon it will be time for his disappearing act.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page