Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey History
 Eyes in the back of his head - Gretzky passes Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

PuckNuts
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2414 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2007 :  19:16:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow I am stunned, give me a second to recuperate…Oh its too late the pass is gone by me and I will never get that chance again, unless you are playing with a gifted athlete, then the chance may come by again…

I think timing is everything, if you have to think of what you are going to do (like me) then everything is at a high speed, if you react to what you know what is going to happen then you are Gretzky, Orr, Howe, Lemieux, the list goes on…That is why we are typing and they are playing…

I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
- - Marshall McLuhan

Go to Top of Page

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2007 :  11:30:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by andyhack

Ghandi was indeed a unique revolutionary, but what may surprise you is that, by all accounts, he was also a big Bruins fan. That makes him REALLY unique amongst revolutionaries (as most are Habs fans).

But if your country needed one person to both lead its revolution and also become its political leader after the revolution, perhaps you would conclude that although Ghandi is a genius at the revolutionary aspect of the process, he MIGHT not be the absolute best man to take on the dual nature of the job. While it's true that his amazing "vision" and 'sense" when it comes to being a revolutionary might lead you to overlook his lack of political savvy, and choose him over other more "complete" candidates for the job, there just MIGHT be one or two other candidates whose complete package is just too impressive to pass up on for the genius of Ghandi's revolutionary skills. After all, genius or no genius, he is, basically, a revolutionary.

BUT, even if you choose Ghandi as your guy, the other candidates' strong abilities at BOTH the revolutionary game and the political game, should be given their due credit historically.

I was chuckling to myself as I read this. It is indeed an interesting parallel. Mostly though, I was laughing because after your last post in this thread I was going to say you would make a fine politician. I couldn't resist saying so after this post. Don't take offence. I don't mean it in a bad way, but you definitely know how to play the game. Ever so careful not to piss anyone off. Great stuff.
Me, I like to piss people off sometimes. You may have noticed.

"You are not your desktop wallpaper"
Go to Top of Page

andyhack
PickupHockey Pro

Japan
891 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2007 :  13:32:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the kind words Willus! I fear I may have pissed off Guest 9949 though. Or maybe I convinced him and he has been busy writing what very well could be a bestseller, "Mahatma, JUST a revolutionary".

Go to Top of Page

Guest9956
( )

Posted - 08/27/2007 :  07:35:22  Reply with Quote
Not at all, Andyhack, not at all.... But can you imagine anyone saying that one man could stop the entire British Empire without even using a single gun? They would have been laughed off the face of the Earth.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page