Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Most hated current NHLer? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Gusteroni
Rookie

Canada
225 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  12:54:09  Show Profile
Poll Question:
Which current NHL player do you hate the most? It can be because he is either a dirty player, a super pest, or you just hate his face, you decide.

Choices:

Chris Pronger
Jarkko Ruutu
Steve Ott
Colton Orr
Scott Hartnell
Maxim Lapierre
Sean Avery
Matt Cooke
Ryan Kesler
Steve Downie
Jordin Tootoo
Chris Neil
Derek Boogard
Daniel Carcillo
Other (who?)

Edited by - Gusteroni on 03/11/2010 15:05:44

Gusteroni
Rookie

Canada
225 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  12:58:31  Show Profile
I will be the first to say I cannot stand Jarrko Ruutu. His smirk really needs to get wiped off (I don't like his face). This guy really gets under my skin just watching him play so I can understand how opposing players get frustrated with him. He might have a little more respect if he would fight for once. At least Neil fights but I don't like him much either.

When Hell freezes over, I'll play hockey there too.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  13:37:52  Show Profile
Matt Cooke, Alex Burrow, Ryan Kesler, Ian Laperierre, Colton Orr, Derek Boogaard, George Parros,

I could go on and on. Consider any goon who brings nothing to the sport outside of fighting or any dirty bag who plays reckless and then turtles.

Does anyone else find it interesting that of the most common names on the list of most disliked NHL players (Kesler, Burrows, Cooke, Ruutu, and Avery), 4 of the 5 played for the Canucks in the past decade???

I don't.
Go to Top of Page

Gusteroni
Rookie

Canada
225 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  13:45:20  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Matt Cooke, Alex Burrow, Ryan Kesler, Ian Laperierre, Colton Orr, Derek Boogaard, George Parros,

I could go on and on. Consider any goon who brings nothing to the sport outside of fighting or any dirty bag who plays reckless and then turtles.

Does anyone else find it interesting that of the most common names on the list of most disliked NHL players (Kesler, Burrows, Cooke, Ruutu, and Avery), 4 of the 5 played for the Canucks in the past decade???

I don't.

Exactly why I can't stand Jarkko Ruutu. Beans did you see him and Theo Peckham on Tuesday night? That guy is a disgrace.

When Hell freezes over, I'll play hockey there too.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  14:38:14  Show Profile
I voted Ruutu. Never have liked him, even during his time with the Canucks. Cooke's not far behind really either! Funny eh, two ex 'Nucks yet the other two who constantly get mentioned, Kesler and Burrows, i love'em!

As i've said before, i understand the hate for Burrows, but i still don't get where all the hate for Kesler comes from? Surely his "i hate Canada" comment at the Olympics didn't endear him to many Canadians, but the hate for him was present way before that.
Go to Top of Page

CoreteztheKiller
Top Prospect

11 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  14:45:03  Show Profile
Pronger. Easily. King of the elbows. Had a hard time cheering for him even with the canadian maple leaf on his chest. His play didn't help his cause too much either. Whenever there was a defensive zone breakdown where was Pronger? Messing around in the corner, roughing up some 5'9 Slovakian or something.
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  14:48:48  Show Profile
Stephane Yelle, Ruslan Fedotenko.. can't stand either one
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  15:10:30  Show Profile
I'm also stumped at why so much hate for Kesler? He's a solid player that works his ass off and racks up points, drops the gloves on occasion, and finishes checks cleanly.

As for Burrows - he's a great example of a player you hate unless he's on your team, and then you love him. Rene Bourque for CAL is another one - every team has one.

I voted Avery - like most on the list he's stupid on the ice, but its the additional off-ice stuff that seals the deal. If he'd just keep his yap shut and concentrate on hockey, he could be the NYR answer to Burrows.

Go to Top of Page

Guest8605
( )

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  15:19:26
I voted for Cooke that little DB. As a Canucks fan I was very pleased when they got rid of that piece of garbage. Hopefully a Bruin will end his career next time they play. Another guy I've always hated is Bertuzzi.

Who is the best/most effective player on this list? I'd say its Kesler hands down. A couple years ago it would have been Pronger but I'd say he's well past his prime, although I don't hate him.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2000
( )

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  15:43:09
Guest 8605 i think you need to take your anger medication. You hope a bruin ends his career thats his lively hood. So i guess you hope a Panther puts Mike Richards in a coma too cuz that hit although deemed clean was like an 18 wheeler running a red light and absolutly blindsiding an unsuspecting car. I've never seen a worse hit in my life. Thats like someone wishing you got in a car accident and the end result being you as a vegetable unable to work or for that matter function. In future make comments that are appropiate not simply ignorant.

To answer the question i have to go with Pronger i love the guy but he is such a dirty SOB and once had the game to back it up but nobody gets away with the mayhem this guy does. Hes a guy who will tear out your throat and then look at the ref as if to say im chris pronger your not gonna call that on me.

Also Ruutu is right up there along with marty mcsourley chris simon and dale hunter if were talking the last 10 years, and i also dont get the Kesler hate being a pens fan and a canadian i dislike him for the obvious reasons but he is hands down one of the best situational guys in hockey and in the past couple of years he has even become a decent point guy.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4800
( )

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  16:00:37
Cooke and Ruutu are both pests and ex-Canucks, but Ruutu actually drops his gloves while Cooke is a complete turtle.

The last straw for me as a Canucks fan was to see him hide and squirm between a referees legs to get away from a fight during his last season as a Nuck.

Ruutu has fought guys bigger than him (Rob Blake) and is pretty tough.

Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  17:04:40  Show Profile
Kesler gets a lot of angst towards him and it's all deserved. May be hard for a Canuck fan to see, but he is a very sly type player and has a knack for stretching the play behind the refs back.

Not to mention he is one of the biggest mouth pieces in the game. Anyone remember his weak comments towards Ladd after big Andrew layed the beating on him?? What about this??

http://interact.stltoday.com/blogzone/winter-olympics/uncategorized/2010/02/one-day-the-blues-david-backes-plans-to-have-a-talk-with-ryan-kesler/

Not saying there is anything wrong with trash talk. But some people don't like guys who talk smack. Personally, the best players never had to talk. They just play an beat you.

Kesler was one of my least liked players well before he also confirmed he was an arrogant tool with this Pro-American/Anti-Canadian comments..
Go to Top of Page

Guest4800
( )

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  17:18:09
Looks like Alex Burrows gets a lot of hate but he seems to be the only player on the list with a 30 goal season under his belt. Not bad for somebody who was undrafted.

Anyone who likes trash talk should be a fan of Burrows. Here is a little gem from the Yotes - Nucks game yesterday.

Christain Erhoff goes down in overtime, embelishing an accidental/on purpose stick from Vernon Fidler to the gut. No call on either players.

At bench, Fidler says to Erhoff " I'll fight you anytime anywhere".
Burrows pipes in "That's gonna be hard seeing as how you are going to be playing in England for the rest of your career."

A couple years ago, Burrows enraged some member of the Ducks during the pre-game skate, asking him how his potatoe farm was doing. Buddy lost it and almost started a full on brawl before the game even started.

Burrows actually does research on his oppponents so he can try to throw them off his game. Gotta love his dedication to his craft!
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  17:22:50  Show Profile
Beans said:

quote:
Kesler gets a lot of angst towards him and it's all deserved. May be hard for a Canuck fan to see, but he is a very sly type player and has a knack for stretching the play behind the refs back.

So in other words, he's an effective player.

quote:
Not to mention he is one of the biggest mouth pieces in the game. Anyone remember his weak comments towards Ladd after big Andrew layed the beating on him?? What about this??

http://interact.stltoday.com/blogzone/winter-olympics/uncategorized/2010/02/one-day-the-blues-david-backes-plans-to-have-a-talk-with-ryan-kesler/

Not saying there is anything wrong with trash talk. But some people don't like guys who talk smack. Personally, the best players never had to talk. They just play an beat you.

Sure, Kesler talks smack. All hockey players trash talk, especially on the ice. What I like about Kesler is if he talks, he backs it up when challenged.

You could tell how pissed Backes was at Kesler when they were celebrating together after Kesler scored in the gold medal game...

quote:
Kesler was one of my least liked players well before he also confirmed he was an arrogant tool with this Pro-American/Anti-Canadian comments..

People seem to be offended and surprised at Kesler's "pro American" comments. Guess what? HE IS AMERICAN. Why would you expect any different? I don't expect anyone on team USA to like us, we beat them in the most memorable game in recent memory.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4653
( )

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  17:31:18
Matt Cooke is a dangerous, useless player with absolutly no respect whatsoever for his opponents.

Next on my list is Pronger!
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  18:27:34  Show Profile
It's a pretty hard question to answer, while I don't exactly hate Derek Boogard, I just think he doesn't derserve to play in the NHL, I mean, it's been over 200 games since he scored 1 goal. I personnally hate Corey Perry, I'm sure like Burrows and Kesler if he's on your team you love him, but I just think he's a douche in generall, and he looks like a weasel.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest9103
( )

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  18:36:57
Heatley, Tucker, Burrows, Pronger
Go to Top of Page

Guest8165
( )

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  18:49:11
quote:

I don't.

Yep...its gotta be the organization, they purposely draft these players to mould them into this warpped idea you have of all Canuck players....

Your preception of Kesler is way off mark as well as Kesler has fought anyone that has challenged him and is a huge asset to any team. His so called Anti-Canadian comments you speak of are way out of line as if you actually heard what he said from start to finish you wouldn't have to rely on the twisted media who have nothing better to report on. But thats okay...its quite clear you have an extreme hate for the Canucks which really seems unjustified but its clear your pretty clueless and obviously a fan of the Flames or Oilers with your multiple negative Canuck comments.

Cooke and Ruutu last time I checked were not resigned by the Canucks for the obvious reasons people don't like them, their act wore thin and they were easily replaced with more talented players. The fact they are still in the league shows that there are other teams who want players like this knowing their resumes and still signing them to multi-year deals.

Bottom line...your pretty clueless, make better sense with your criticism next time and have real reasons to back them up
Go to Top of Page

Guest4004
( )

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  21:04:16
Sidney crosby...no questions asked. whines, cries gets bettman to solve all his problems

Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2010 :  01:27:37  Show Profile
quote:

Yup, it def is difficult for us to see. Know what makes it even more difficult, is guys like you who can't really explain why? Please tell me, what exactly is "stretching the play behind the refs back"? I'm serious, i have no idea what you mean by this?
The Ladd / Kesler dispute and the words he had for Ladd? You mean after Ladd busted his nose with a cheap shot / cross check? Have a read of this http://nhl.fanhouse.com/2010/03/05/ryan-kesler-faces-rematch-with-coward-andrew-ladd/
Kesler's man enough to even admit he went a bit overboard. These sort of things often happen in the heat of the moment. At least he's man enough to admit it.
As for the anti Canadian comments, i guess being an Edmonton fan, you don't hear the details or the interviews with Kesler since then or even during the Olympics? I've explained in other posts where his comments came from, no need to go there. Lemme guess though, if Crosby or any member of Team Canada had come out before the gold medal game and said "i hate the Americans", you'd be okay with it. Go ahead, say you wouldn't, i've already made my mind up what your reaction would be.
Go to Top of Page

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2010 :  05:14:52  Show Profile
Corey Perry, Patrick Kane & Sean Avery for me.
Go to Top of Page

HawkinOilCountry
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
318 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2010 :  07:32:48  Show Profile
Not a huge fan of guys that make stupid off ice comments:

-Avery, Kesler, Burrows (Didn't stop me from taking him in my pool), Souray

Not a fan of Carcillo or Cooke, I don't feel either of these guys belong in teh NHL

Not a fan of most of the Oilers' vets: Moreau, Horcoff, Souray (again), Pisani, Strudwick

Not a huge fan of my Goaltender from France, even though I took him in my pool (Huet)

Rounding out my list of players I can't stand: Tavares, Shremp, Taylor Hall, Seguin, Malone, the Ruutus and Tootoo

For the purpose of this poll however I think my vote goes to Ollie Jokinen. Holy over rated and the mustache from hell. He hurt the Flames with his inability to produce well in the playoffs last year, and played like he's got brain damage this year. Was happy to see him got out east.

The arena wall in chicago should be credited with a goal.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2010 :  07:47:28  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

quote:

Yup, it def is difficult for us to see. Know what makes it even more difficult, is guys like you who can't really explain why? Please tell me, what exactly is "stretching the play behind the refs back"? I'm serious, i have no idea what you mean by this?
The Ladd / Kesler dispute and the words he had for Ladd? You mean after Ladd busted his nose with a cheap shot / cross check? Have a read of this http://nhl.fanhouse.com/2010/03/05/ryan-kesler-faces-rematch-with-coward-andrew-ladd/
Kesler's man enough to even admit he went a bit overboard. These sort of things often happen in the heat of the moment. At least he's man enough to admit it.
As for the anti Canadian comments, i guess being an Edmonton fan, you don't hear the details or the interviews with Kesler since then or even during the Olympics? I've explained in other posts where his comments came from, no need to go there. Lemme guess though, if Crosby or any member of Team Canada had come out before the gold medal game and said "i hate the Americans", you'd be okay with it. Go ahead, say you wouldn't, i've already made my mind up what your reaction would be.

Oh no, I get pretty much any coverage that you get regarding interviews and stories written. It really doesn't matter if you explained where the comments came from. I think it's utterly disrespectful for anyone from any country to bad mouth another country just for the sake of doing it. (Oh that's right, you already made up your mind.) I think it's the ultimate in disrespect and not only against the country, but against the spirit of the Olympics themselves.

Please, tell me this. Was there one other player, from any team, or athlete from any sport for that matter, that took the time to make comments such as his???

Anyone??

As far as the stretch behind the ref back stuff, I can't explain it any better. I have watched him pull the spears and slashes and what ever else when the ref isn't looking and starting the mix ups after the whistle just because. But as I said, I don't expect a Canuck fan to see it. Admittedly, it would be hard for me to see that kind of thing as an Oilers fan. I bet there are people out there that don't like Zack Stortini and the way he plays, but I simply don't see it.

However, if someone was to bring that opinion up, I can say for certain I would take their opinion for what it is and at the least attempt to look at it from another perspective before I "made up my mind" towards anything.
Go to Top of Page

pucker
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
398 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2010 :  07:58:43  Show Profile
quote:

I don't.

Dude don't be a [content removed]. Burrows will score 30+ goals this season, and Kesler over 20. Agreed Cooke and Ruutu are cheap shot artists and are rightfully hated. Burrows and Kesler are mouthy but also very good hockey players. U are prolly a leafs fan so enuff said.

Edited by - Beans15 on 03/12/2010 08:49:13
Go to Top of Page

nux-suk
Top Prospect

41 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2010 :  08:27:51  Show Profile
Burrows, Kesler, Cooke, Ruutu, .....hmmmm, I think I see a trend here. Call me crazy but the most hated seem to be either current or past Canucks. Alex 116, it is only typical that you would try to defend kesler. Any good true Canuck fan (I have many friends here in B.C. who are homers) should hate this guy and want to see him out of Vancouver. But you, in typical nuck fashion, find a way to defend him. tsk tsk tsk
Go to Top of Page

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2010 :  08:36:52  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by HawkinOilCountry
Rounding out my list of players I can't stand: Tavares, Shremp, Taylor Hall, Seguin, Malone, the Ruutus and Tootoo

For the purpose of this poll however I think my vote goes to Ollie Jokinen. Holy over rated and the mustache from hell. He hurt the Flames with his inability to produce well in the playoffs last year, and played like he's got brain damage this year. Was happy to see him got out east.

Thank god Jokinen has gotten rid of that ridiculous stash! And you have some interesting picks there, the likes of Tavares, Hall & Seguin.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2010 :  08:51:56  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by pucker

quote:

I don't.

Dude don't be a [content removed]. Burrows will score 30+ goals this season, and Kesler over 20. Agreed Cooke and Ruutu are cheap shot artists and are rightfully hated. Burrows and Kesler are mouthy but also very good hockey players. U are prolly a leafs fan so enuff said.

I could care less how many goals anyone scores, it's doesn't change the way those guys play the game. Goals do not give you a green light to play like a tool.

If you would have said I was 'prolly' a Oilers fan, you would have been right. You are 'prolly' a Canucks fan based on your comments.

I also love the way most Vancouver fans jump all over anyone who say anything bad about the Canucks. I named 6 players in my list, but the only two I(and other) get questioned on are Kesler and Burrows??

Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2010 :  09:00:30  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by nux-suk

Burrows, Kesler, Cooke, Ruutu, .....hmmmm, I think I see a trend here. Call me crazy but the most hated seem to be either current or past Canucks. Alex 116, it is only typical that you would try to defend kesler. Any good true Canuck fan (I have many friends here in B.C. who are homers) should hate this guy and want to see him out of Vancouver. But you, in typical nuck fashion, find a way to defend him. tsk tsk tsk

nux-suk, this is arguably the most laughable post of the year. I konw it's early in 2010, but it's definitely in the running. Please do explain to us "good true Canuck fans" why in the world we "should want to see him out of Vancouver"??? WTF? Seriously dude, give your head a shake. Let's see,
Top line forward on silver medal winning Team USA.....check
Finalist for Selke trophy (2009).....check
20+ goal scorer last 3 years half of which was while playing on the 3rd line in a "shut down" role.....check (errr, well, with one more this year)
Top 15 in NHL in faceoff %......check
Arguably one of the best on the PK in the league......check
Speed, skill, grit.......check
Wears an "A" on his jersey....check
Hey, here's one for you. As such a big Canucks hater, maybe you already knew this but i'll throw it out there anyway.
Cyclone Taylor Award winner 2009....check. You do know that's for the Canucks MVP right?
Really, i think i'll stop there. I mean, after throwing all that out there, i think you're convincing me that the Canucks should get rid of this guy! I mean, he's pretty useless. Most teams would prob wanna get rid of their MVP too i suppose? Hmmm, think i might call Gillis and see if he can make a swap of Kesler for Ovechkin. I'm sure the Caps and their fans want him outta Washington as well? Of course, i'll have to prob get Gillis to hold out for a first rounder as well.

Hate the team, hate their fans, bash the team, bash the fans, but c'mon, check yerself buddy, you gotta be better than that last post.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2010 :  09:34:47  Show Profile
Beans, i'm assuming you're including me in the group of Vancouver fans who "jump all over anyone who say anything bad about the Canucks." ? Well, i'm okay with that, although i think it's a bit strong in my case. First off, with regards to this thread at least, it's about certain players people hate. Scroll back up and read my posts. All i was ever asking was "why" those who hate Kesler, hated him? I wasn't whining about it or complaining about it or saying it was unjust, i was just curious why because in all honesty, i wasn't aware he was disliked around the league this much. THEN, i asked you to explaing the whole "stretching the play" thing, which you sort of did? If i'm correct, you mean he does the little irritating things behind the ref's back? Cool, thanks for explaining that in the least! BTW, if you hated every player who does that sort of thing, you'd hate about 75% of the NHL! Kinda like HawkinOilCountry, he seems to have a lot of hatred! Geez, some of his guys aren't even drafted yet?

The Olympic thing, as i've discussed previously, was blown WAY out of proportion. Here, have a read of this paragraph. Here's what Kesler said at the Olympics regarding the matchup vs Canada in the round robin. "I hate them," said Ryan Kesler, a Canuck in the NHL but very much an American here. "It's a big rivalry. Obviously, Canadians, it's their game. I wouldn't say I hate them, you have respect for the other team. Canadians expect to win the gold and anything less is not good enough. It's going to be fun to try to knock them off." Anyone with a decent grasp of what was going on here would see that his original comment "i hate them" was meant tongue in cheek so to speak. If you wanna interpret it as he's a hater of Canada to further your agenda, so be it, i can't do anything about that.

Anyway, i'm done with the whole Kesler thing. I simply wondered why so many hated him and this is what i end up with? He hates Canada, he pokes guys behind the refs back, he talks trash, etc....... If that's the best you can give me, then there's really nothing more i can do but consider your reasons to be inadequate, thank you for answering my questions and move on. Besides, i don't wanna pull the jealousy card but i have to admit, i hated the Oilers back in their glory days! Why? Because they won so much!!! I have to admit, it was jealousy. I really was jealous they were winning cups and the 'Nucks were sucking!

BTW, while i love Kesler on the Canucks and would prob hate to have to see them play against him (i know i hated Canada having to play against him), i def don't have a crush on him to the degree this guy does...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8GYIxtl1L4&feature=channel
Go to Top of Page

Guest9569
( )

Posted - 03/12/2010 :  09:38:05
All of a sudden Chris Chelios is back on top of my list!
Go to Top of Page

HawkinOilCountry
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
318 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2010 :  09:40:48  Show Profile
Tavares, Hall and Seguin are on the list through no fault of their own. It's the media that's to blame for my dislike of these guys. Tavares isn't making as much noise anymore because he's IN the NHL now and isn't the next Crosby.

I'm really sick of hearing about Hall and Seguin, probably because I live in Edmonton and the media here is in love with these guys. Getting ready to name streets after whoever gets picked. They'll get in the NHL, but my gut instinct is that neither of these guys are franchise players.

The arena wall in chicago should be credited with a goal.
Go to Top of Page

pucker
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
398 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2010 :  11:13:08  Show Profile
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by pucker

quote:

I don't.

I could care less how many goals anyone scores, it's doesn't change the way those guys play the game. Goals do not give you a green light to play like a tool.

If you would have said I was 'prolly' a Oilers fan, you would have been right. You are 'prolly' a Canucks fan based on your comments.

I also love the way most Vancouver fans jump all over anyone who say anything bad about the Canucks. I named 6 players in my list, but the only two I(and other) get questioned on are Kesler and Burrows??

First of all don't try to poke fun at the way I intentionally spelled a word. Unlike you I have a good command of the English language. (I BELIEVE THE PHRASE YOU ARE LOOKING FOR IS "COULDN'T CARE LESS".) Read a book ya [Mod Edit - Personal Attack] (prolly gonna edit that one too).

Second of all, my condolences on the Oilers.

Third, don't cry about people jumping all over you for nothing. Your comment:

"Does anyone else find it interesting that of the most common names on the list of most disliked NHL players (Kesler, Burrows, Cooke, Ruutu, and Avery), 4 of the 5 played for the Canucks in the past decade???"

was an intentional shot at the Canucks.

Finally, [Mod Edit - Personal Attack].

[I have to edit content based on the forum rules, regardless if I agree/disagree or if it's directed at me or anyone else.

Here are the forum Rules and Guidelines.

http://www.pickuphockey.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=609
http://www.pickuphockey.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2160
http://www.pickuphockey.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=608

Have a Nice Day!]

Edited by - Beans15 on 03/12/2010 11:28:12
Go to Top of Page

pucker
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
398 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2010 :  11:16:07  Show Profile
Oh and Alex you rule btw.
Go to Top of Page

baumer
Top Prospect

82 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2010 :  11:22:22  Show Profile
quote:

quote:

I really wish you hadn't of put that link up...Now I don't hate him as much and he actually seems like a stand up guy lol...However Burrows doesn't get off the hook as easy, he is a very close second to Daniel Carcillo right now.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2010 :  11:49:04  Show Profile
Sorry to ruin it for you Baumer

As for Burrows, i'm sure i'd hate him if he were on another team, that i can admit! I don't like everything about him but he has developed into a pretty darn good NHLer. I completely agree he needs to clean up his act some but my dislike doesn't come so much from the diving and yapping, but from things like pulling hair in a fight? I mean, c'mon, that's not hard to dislike!

Don't worry, i'm not about to question why he's on anyone's hated player list and in fact, the fact that he is a productive player probably makes people hate him even more!!!
Go to Top of Page

baumer
Top Prospect

82 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2010 :  11:55:39  Show Profile
quote:

Sorry to ruin it for you Baumer

As for Burrows, i'm sure i'd hate him if he were on another team, that i can admit! I don't like everything about him but he has developed into a pretty darn good NHLer. I completely agree he needs to clean up his act some but my dislike doesn't come so much from the diving and yapping, but from things like pulling hair in a fight? I mean, c'mon, that's not hard to dislike!

Don't worry, i'm not about to question why he's on anyone's hated player list and in fact, the fact that he is a productive player probably makes people hate him even more!!!

I did like watching him and Vernon Fiddler go at each other on the bench on Wednesday night. It is the pulling hair and diving that gets me with him though but he has "toned" it down a bit lately.

But even worse is Daniel Carcillo acting like a heavy weight then refusing to fight anyone other than Jeff Finger last Sunday. Thats what really drives me insane.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2010 :  12:11:32  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by baumer
But even worse is Daniel Carcillo acting like a heavy weight then refusing to fight anyone other than Jeff Finger last Sunday. Thats what really drives me insane.

Yeah, i hear lots about Carcillo but don't get to see much of him. The odd time i see him play, he's not on the ice much either!

There's lots of good candidates on that list though! Ribiero's not even on it though i know a lot of guys don't like him much? From what i understand, with him, it's the embelishing of injuries? Read somewhere that he's the best in the NHL at it? Or i guess you could call it the worst at it?
Go to Top of Page

phlyguy90
Rookie

USA
100 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2010 :  12:46:13  Show Profile
beans why do you dislike ian laperiere?
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2010 :  13:23:11  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by phlyguy90

beans why do you dislike ian laperiere?

Mostly from his time in Colorado. He's just that guy you love to hate. Not for the same reasons as Burrows or Kesler or the goons, but he was always that guy that seemed to get away with stuff that others didn't.

However, I will openly admit that I disliked him much more when he played against the Oilers 8 times a year than I do now.

Edited by - Beans15 on 03/12/2010 13:23:30
Go to Top of Page

Guest6840
( )

Posted - 03/12/2010 :  16:18:53
Byfuglian how ever you spell it is the player i hate most. how can you hate kesler and burrows ?
Go to Top of Page

Guest5794
( )

Posted - 03/12/2010 :  16:46:18
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6840

Byfuglian how ever you spell it is the player i hate most. how can you hate kesler and burrows ?

You see, here's where i think i'm different. First off, i'm assuming you're a Canucks fan? Secondly, as much as i hate having to see the Canucks go up against Byfuglien, i think he's great! A converted Dman playing a role on a successful team like the Hawks and playing it well. Yeah, i get mad, especially during the playoffs when his game is effective against the 'Nucks, but i appreciate what he's doing, his job!

Perhaps you have your own reasons for not liking him but if it's just to do with his play vs your favorite team, then i can't agree with it.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page