Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Vancouver
 Who was the worst goalie the nucks have ever had Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest6840
( )

Posted - 03/20/2010 :  12:44:55  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
It says i have to put at least two below so i did a lazy job not planning to do a vote poll.
I would say Dan Cloutier; he would come through with big saves every so often, yet he let in almost everything.
(don't include goalies that didn't play at least 10 games a year)
(don't put down Luongo just because you hate him)

Choices:

Dan Cloutier
Other?

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2010 :  13:45:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sadly, this topic is only fitting for the Canucks, and there is a long list to choose from...

I would agree that Cloutier is certainly one of the worst, the only reason he lasted so long was because the high powered offense could score more than he could let in.

My #1 choice would be Maxime Ouellet though - I saw him play a couple of games, and he just looked scared every time he was in the net. Had this crazy pre-game ritual of getting his body right in the net and staying there with his head down until the puck dropped. Between plays, same sort of thing. I'm not sure if he played 10 games with us though, too lazy to check.
Go to Top of Page

Tiller33
PickupHockey Pro

389 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2010 :  14:54:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its Cloutier, but honorable mention to Corey Hirsch and his insane asylum mask

Edited by - Tiller33 on 03/20/2010 14:55:06
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2010 :  15:08:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah, the proverbial "goalie's graveyard", Vancouver! Well, seeing as you put the "10 game min" rule in, i can't pick Martin Brochu, so i'll have to go off the board and go with Frank Caprice! Horrible numbers, granted as a backup for the most part, but still! An honourable mention to Kevin Weekes errrrr WEAKs. Like Cloutier, he had promise and i know he was only here briefly, but he did nothing anywhere before or after his brief stop here!
At least Cloutier posted decent numbers, even if he did choke when it mattered!
Go to Top of Page

Tiller33
PickupHockey Pro

389 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2010 :  16:03:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I revise my nominee, It's John Garrett
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2010 :  16:45:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Vancouver is not exclusive in the 'goalie graveyard' catagory. Philly has that locked down themselves and LA hasn't ever had a goalie in my lifetime. Anyone who says Hrudy is too young or has coke bottle for glasses.

But Vancouver's list is quite long in it's own right. I think Cloutier might have been the most over-rated, but I am not sure if he was their worst. Actually, now that I look at the list, there were a TON of average but way over-rated goalies. Sean Burke, Arturs Irbe, Bob Essensa, Troy Gamble, Garth Snow, Kevin Weekes, Kay Whitemore???

Wow, that is a beast of a list.

I say the worst of the worst was that guy named Luongo!!

I kid. I can't pick from that list. Maybe Kevin Weekes?? I've always thought he was garbage as a keeper but I also can't stand him on HNIC's late game. I think he does play by play with his textbook from broadcasting class open. Cliche central!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest0935
( )

Posted - 03/20/2010 :  17:15:26  Reply with Quote
Martin Brochu!
Go to Top of Page

Guest0935
( )

Posted - 03/20/2010 :  17:16:35  Reply with Quote
Oh and Felix Potvin was pretty bad when he was here.
Go to Top of Page

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2010 :  21:19:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ Beans:

I will agree that Weekes commentating isn't the greatest, but it's not exactly the worst either.

He lacks the enthusiasm that some commentators have, which I wish he showed more of when calling a play. He may also say cliches, more so than some.

But we do have to remember he's new. He has not been commentating for long, as most other commentators have. We don't see new commentators very often, it's normally the same guys doing it for years. So I say we give him a little more time to come in to his own, perhaps he's still a little nervous, and worried about messing up.

Commentating/play-by-play seems like an easy job at a glance, but something tells me it's actually fairly complicated to continue on play-by-play, finding the words to properly describe every little thing on the ice, and not messing up the players. :P

Irvine/prez.
Go to Top of Page

Guest0455
( )

Posted - 03/21/2010 :  23:16:28  Reply with Quote
garth snow was by far the worst... his equipment was illeagal by a mile and he still couldnt stop a beachball
Go to Top of Page

Statman
Rookie

Canada
125 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2010 :  13:53:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Forget Kevin Weekes. The weakest of the weak was Steve Weeks.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4022
( )

Posted - 03/22/2010 :  17:58:07  Reply with Quote
Andrew Raycroft....that's why he's the back up.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4637
( )

Posted - 03/23/2010 :  09:46:56  Reply with Quote
Glen Hanlon.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page