Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 board of Governers approves head hit rule Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

umteman
PickupHockey Pro

USA
662 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2010 :  18:37:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tonight the NHL board of Governers unanimously approved a rule against hits to the head. Details seem to be a bit sketchy.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=522449

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2010 :  23:29:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is one area I hope both the NHL and the NHLPA deal with and it's this player based competition committee. There are far better ways to do this and I think that players making the decisions on rule changes should be players recently removed from the game and no longer playing.

The NHL is the only league I am aware of that needs to ask their players if a rule is ok or not.

I mean, who's league is it??

However, it appears that in the least, all parties are dedicated to getting the ball rolling on removing head shots and dangerous hits from the game.
Go to Top of Page

Guest3356
( )

Posted - 03/24/2010 :  11:47:22  Reply with Quote
A vague description but at least a step in the right direction. I wonder how difficult hits like these will be to call by the refs, considering the booth and savard hits did not even recieve a minor penalty. In my opinion I think it should be an automatic game misconduct with a 5 minute penalty and 5 game suspension. Seems rough but i think if players know the consequences of the hit they are about to throw then maybe Cooke drops the elbow and avoids the hit altogether or at least uses his shoulder. Interesting to see next year but I think if the head shot penalty is called it will be late due to an observable injury on the ice. I feel bad for the refs already.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page