Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Biased Officiating Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

MrBoogedy
Rookie

Canada
195 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2010 :  23:52:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is it just me or are the refs making sure there were no sweeps in the first round? The league makes a lot more money from a 7 game series than they do from a four game sweep, and since money seems to have replaced any integrity the sport had, i can't help but wonder. Feedback?

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2010 :  00:09:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dunno, but i'm quite surprised from a Habs fan that after reading this topic, it wasn't just a full on rant about the Canadiens getting screwed! That's all i've heard around here! I do believe, if any team has a gripe (from what i've seen), the Habs are it! Some seriously questionable calls that really make you wonder!!!
Go to Top of Page

MrBoogedy
Rookie

Canada
195 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2010 :  00:50:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After watching Game 2 of that series, it's hard not to rant. The second goal should not have counted due to goalie interference. A non-call when Markov was tripped on the same shift as the 5-5 tying goal. And to top it all off, as if i didn't have enough to bitch about all ready, watching the Detroit-Phoenix game this afternoon, i seen a goal disallowed because they said the goalie had the puck frozen before it was jabbed out from between his pads and into the net, exactly like the in Montreal game, except there it counted!!! Because it was Ovechkin (or overchicken as my 80 year old grandmother calls him.)
Go to Top of Page

redneck76ca
Rookie

186 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2010 :  01:09:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by MrBoogedy

After watching Game 2 of that series, it's hard not to rant. The second goal should not have counted due to goalie interference. A non-call when Markov was tripped on the same shift as the 5-5 tying goal. And to top it all off, as if i didn't have enough to bitch about all ready, watching the Detroit-Phoenix game this afternoon, i seen a goal disallowed because they said the goalie had the puck frozen before it was jabbed out from between his pads and into the net, exactly like the in Montreal game, except there it counted!!! Because it was Ovechkin (or overchicken as my 80 year old grandmother calls him.)
[/quote
There have been some seriously blown or missed calls in both the Vancouver and Montreal series. It happens, on ice officials are unfortunately human and must be forgiven their mistakes.

Please don't be one of those conspiracy dudes. If thats the case, then we might as well stop watching the playoffs because Phoenix will take the cup.
Go to Top of Page

MrBoogedy
Rookie

Canada
195 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2010 :  01:34:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When it happens occaisionally, it's a mistake. When it happens regularly, especially at key times, and when a ref chooses to not make a call when it's right in front of him, well that's a little more than human error. It's league influence to increase revenue at the cost of the games integrity.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2010 :  05:15:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I do think conspiracies abound in the NHL when it's concerning money - but in this case, I say it's just straight up bad officiating.

It's funny, because I had seen calls that I thought were absolutely terrible (and game changing), and they weren't even the ones you guys mentioned. Specifically, the NJ/Pha game that saw a very weak call for Philly to get the power play after several non-calls the other way.

I have not been impressed with the officiating at all, and unfortunately I have to now listen to the whiney complaints of a Habs fan at work as he cries about it.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2010 :  09:40:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Slozo, you should hear some of the whining going on around here regarding the too many men on the ice penalty that ultimately cost Vancouver the winning goal on Saturday night. Even the guys in the paper are saying "it was a borderline call that didn't need to be made, especially in overtime of a playoff game". Huh? It was too many men, how do you not call it? Unless i don't know the rule as well as i think i do, it was absolutely too many men. Unfortunately for Bieksa, he was cut by Browns skate on the play and was making his way to the bench bleeding and prob wasn't paying attention to the puck so much as the blood dripping from his cheek!

The reason most are mad i believe, and i was too a bit, was the non call on a high stick not long before that. Again, maybe i'm not familiar with the rule but i thought you were always responsible for your stick? Don't recall who it was, but their follow through on a shot or a dump in clipped one of the Canucks in the face. No call? The explanation was that it was because it was unintentionaly on the shot/dump in? If that's the rule, which i guess it must be, i was unaware.

I do agree, the reffing has been suspect, but i'm not prepared to go as far as conspiracy theories!
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2010 :  10:25:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Isn't it funny that the bias officiating ALWAYS goes in the favour of every single team in the NHL except for the one you cheer for??

There are calls made and missed every game. I think the officials have been reasonably good. Not great, but it's also a different game than the regular season for them as well.

Did anyone see that dead on call the linesmen made in Colorado when Yip literally got back to the blue line a split second(hard to even see in slo mo)??? They didn't call the offside and Col scored. Dead right call.

For every botched garbage call the refs hit 19 others dead on right. 95% is pretty solid in my books.

It's just unfortunate that Murphy's Law says that 1 blown call either costs someone a game or it's called against Montreal(or Vancouver)
Go to Top of Page

Guest0769
( )

Posted - 04/19/2010 :  10:39:03  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Isn't it funny that the bias officiating ALWAYS goes in the favour of every single team in the NHL except for the one you cheer for??

There are calls made and missed every game. I think the officials have been reasonably good. Not great, but it's also a different game than the regular season for them as well.

Did anyone see that dead on call the linesmen made in Colorado when Yip literally got back to the blue line a split second(hard to even see in slo mo)??? They didn't call the offside and Col scored. Dead right call.

For every botched garbage call the refs hit 19 others dead on right. 95% is pretty solid in my books.

It's just unfortunate that Murphy's Law says that 1 blown call either costs someone a game or it's called against Montreal(or Vancouver)

Go to Top of Page

Guest0769
( )

Posted - 04/19/2010 :  10:41:25  Reply with Quote
is it just me or are all the canadain teams getting screwed on the calls"?
Go to Top of Page

Guest2622
( )

Posted - 04/19/2010 :  11:13:21  Reply with Quote
I think the officiating has been terrible actually. Not one, but TWO goaltender interference calls not made on Halak. I forget who it was, but the one that didn't (luckily) cost a goal, I forget who it was butthey skated right into Halak and knocked him across the crease.

But besides that, I have seen numerous times this playoffs where one player does something that I think is a penalty, they don't call it so I think 'OK, they are letting them play," but then a player on the opposing team does the exact same thing and gets called. I know thing s get missed etc, but the consistency in the reffing is definitely lacking.

I don't know about the game 7 conspiracy, but I'm sure the NHL would love to see the Pens and Caps square off again, as well as the 'Yotes and Detroit doing well.
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2010 :  11:23:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
is it just me or are all the canadain teams getting screwed on the calls"?

It is just you. Like beans says, bad calls go both ways all the time, you just remember the ones you see against your own team more. The refs are mostly right, and you hope that when they're not right it doesn't change the game (unfortunately I think it did on Saturday night vs Vancouver). I don't think there are any anti-Canada conspiracies in the referee ranks.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9494
( )

Posted - 04/19/2010 :  12:39:32  Reply with Quote
I just think its going along with players being able to dive and fool the officials so easy, anyone who watched Don Cherry last night would see how many players are doing it Crosby, Kennedy, Cooke, Carcillo just to name a few. Its kinda sad taking the intergity out of the sport I love and making it more into a soccer dive fest.

Theres the quick 2 minute clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an8goR1HDfE
Go to Top of Page

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2010 :  12:40:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't keep track of all the missed calls, and calls in these playoffs, to be honest.

I have seen a ton missed, some called when nothing happens, and just so many penalities in general.

The PHI/NJD series is just wild. Penalties galore... it's getting insane.

Penalties (PP & PK) will win or lose most teams the series.

Irvine/prez.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4235
( )

Posted - 04/19/2010 :  20:10:37  Reply with Quote
duh, yeah, do you think that possibly the nhl playoffs are rigged, thankyou mr. bettman! OFCOURSE THEY ARE, DONT BE BLIND, THEY ARE AND I HAVE LOTS OF PROOF!
Go to Top of Page

HawkinOilCountry
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
318 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2010 :  20:32:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please share!

The arena wall in chicago should be credited with a goal.
Go to Top of Page

Hugh G. Rection
Rookie

165 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2010 :  22:56:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[ moderator edit - personal attack ]

Edited by - n/a on 04/20/2010 06:17:19
Go to Top of Page

Statman
Rookie

Canada
125 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2010 :  00:32:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just love these conspiracy theory freaks. A bad call is a bad call, but they happen all the time in a game that moves at full speed, with the officiating crew having to make collectively hundreds of judgement calls in any given game, each in the space of a split second.

Having said that, I have to admit that I was more than a little perturbed by the 10 minute video review that called off the Sedin goal in game three, against all logic. Hey...maybe there is a conspiracy...
Go to Top of Page

Guest4740
( )

Posted - 04/20/2010 :  05:28:29  Reply with Quote
My unbiased opinion (my team is out of the playoffs) is yes. I was wondering the same thing a couple days ago, and last night was the icing on the cake on D.Sedin's goal that was called off because they said he kicked it.
The second game in every series (3rd one in LA) has been a debauchery of officiating and can't help but think there is alternate motives.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2010 :  06:35:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Enough with the uninformed name-calling, people. There is nothing freakish about supposing that a conspiracy could happen, they happen all the time, and most time are swept under the rug.

In this case, the evidence that points to it being a specific attempt to bar Canadian teams from advancing, or to prevent 4 game sweeps seems very weak at best.

I really think it's just bloody poor officiating.

And I find it laughable that Beans actually has the gall to say that the refs get it right 95% of the time while the officiating has beena total joke this playoffs. It is just being an apologist for all things Bettman, and NHL . . . no matter what it seems, Beans will jump to the defence of the NHL management or officiating. It's as if automatically all dissent against the party line is not even allowed or something.

Montreal got totally burned in game 2 with bad officiating, multiple terrible missed calls with weaker offences getting called for Washington.

The 10 minute video review last night of D.Sedin's goal that was inconclusive and yet called back was brutal - this is the worst kind of mistake, as there is absolutely no reason for it other than ignorance (they have time to look at it from all angles!)

The brutal calls in the Philly NJ series, too many to count . . . two have been game deciding.

And the Pittsburgh Ottawa series . . . I have never seen so much man-handling as in this series, the Sens have gotten away with murder and at the same time Pittsburgh has been giving back, with diving (never called as such) and lots of interference (never called). Brutal all around.

The NHL system of promoting and demoting referees is obviously very broken to get this calibre of reffing . . .

Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2010 :  08:11:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's why i can't be down with the conspiracy theories. When was the last time something like this was proven? What i mean is, this certainly can't be the first year ever that someone has brought up the possibility of the NHL "wanting" certain teams to do better than others? So, if this is so and that league truly is influencing calls, why has a person NEVER come out and said so? Are we saying that there's never been an employee fired somewhere down the road with knowledge of said conspiracy who'd love nothing more than to make this info public either for revenge or possibly in a book for monetary reasons (or to the news?)????

Slozo, before anyone says it's a Canadian thing (where they don't want Canadian teams advancing), they should look at the teams the Canadian teams are playing. Van vs LA. I'm sure the NHL would love to see LA advance as far as possible to get the game back in the spotlight in one of the countries largest metropolis! It certainly doesn't need exposure here in Vancouver. How 'bout Ottawa? Oh, they drew the Pens! Sidney Crosby, defending cup champs, etc, etc. And Montreal got Washington! Ovie with a great chance at a rematch yet again with Crosby and the Pens? Of course the league wants these things. I think it's really irresponsible to make it a Canada thing. It's unfortunate the teams from north of the border drew these teams as opposition. If in fact there were a conspiracy theory (which i don't believe, unless it's just NHL officials personally wanting these things and not being TOLD to judge things a certain way), i'd like to think that Washington, Pittsburgh and LA would be getting the same calls had they drawn teams like Carolina, Colorado, NJ, Buffalo, etc.....

As for the call on the Sedin goal last night. I agree that it was the wrong call and at that time in a game like that, it's awful, BUT, IMO, it was also not just expected, but consistent. Ever since they changed / tweaked the rule, it seems goals like this are always called back still. The rules states it has to be a distinct kicking motion yet 95% of the calls i've seen over the past few years get call back as long as the player is moving, regardless of whether or not there's a kicking motion. This rule needs more work i'd say! The minute i saw the replay, i bet two buddies 20 bucks each that it'd be waved off. I'm now 40 dollars richer, but no happier as that had a huge bearing on the outcome of an important game.

Time to find a PK that can function at rate better than 50% or it's tee time for the 'Nucks!

Edited by - Alex116 on 04/20/2010 08:24:04
Go to Top of Page

LeMagnificent66
Top Prospect

Canada
8 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2010 :  08:39:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As far as the Canucks too many men call goes...I've seen that call a hundred times. Bad timing yes. However, what had me scratching my head was how Lidstrom could play the puck while still on the bench and the other Redwings player still making his way onto the bench?
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2010 :  11:00:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Even if I don't agree with the supposition about Canadian teams (I agree with you on this Alex), it would be wrong to label it a "conspiracy theory" only to try and unsubstantiate it. It's a ridiculous phrase in the first place, only meant to discredit a possibility that higher powers might be doing something very underhanded behind the public's back.

Newsflash: it happens all the time.

Collusion has been and still continues to happen all the time in the NHL, and just because we don't hear it trumpeted from corporate run newspapers doesn't mean it's not real. How do you think Toronto has kept another team out of their city/area? How is it that Bettman always a different option with familiar potential owners when a franchise looks like it may move to Canada? There are many many more instances where we clearly don't have all the insider knowledge, but we can also clearly see that there has been collusion.

And no, I disagree that this was a consistent call on the kicking motion . . . I have seen many count on similar plays where they deemed it not a deliberate motion. But I haven't seen a replay since last night actually, and would love to see it again to either confirm my opinion on it or change my mind.

Go to Top of Page

Utemin
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
451 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2010 :  11:18:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beans is wrong! The officials are stinking up the playoffs, I let 2 penalties slide in vancouver LA game #2 because LA should have got a penalty shot at one chance; then when 2 more missed calls came really? In Montreal Washington game they miss a Washington power play chance all of the Sudden they are bombing Montreal with penalties! Almost this bring back the discussion when is a ref a ref the best answer now is: the regular season!
(Daniel Sedin goal was blown by Toronto officials not the refs)

The Monkey is me
Go to Top of Page

Guest0702
( )

Posted - 04/20/2010 :  11:28:36  Reply with Quote
NHL fans know Bettman and the NHL brass would rather see, for example the Capitals advance against the Canadiens so that there would be a strong possibility where the Caps would meet the Penguins. The Canadiens could lose the series but the NHL knows sell outs would still happen next year at the Bell Center. The NHL brass are salivating at the idea of having Ovechkin go up against Crosby. It would do wonders for the American ratings. I am sure the refs know it, and will do everything possible to help the Caps, if in case the Habs give them a hard time. What Knuble was doing in front of Halak yesterday was ridiculous. Yes it's the D's fault for not moving him out, but yet again he cannot go bumping into Halak and not get called for it. Gionta & Gomez are two respected players with class. For them to blow up like that yesterday, you know something was not right.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2010 :  12:28:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As much as it seems that I 'tow the company line" it is also very apparent when some will nearly always have a negative comment towards the refs, hey Slozo???

Firstly, one can not blame the officials for the 10 minute video review from the Van game. That was a decision made in Toronto. Blame the war room. By the way, I agree completely that the call was wrong, but I was smiling ear to ear when the goal was called off....

Secondly, through 23 playoff games there have been 225 penalties called. Reasonably speaking, how many missed/poor calls have happened??? 10?? 15?? 20??? 1 a game?? 2 a game?? What's the numbers??

People are commenting like 1/2 or more of the calls are dead wrong. Maybe my 95% comment was inaccurate, but be realistic. How many missed calls/bad calls actually happen??

Isn't it also funny that no one has commented about the calls in nearly any series except for the Vancouver and Montreal series??
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2010 :  23:07:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The biggest problem i had with the Sedin goal getting called back was just how long the review took. The ruling on the ice was a goal and therefore for it to be overturned, they need "conclusive" evidence that the goal was in fact illegal. THAT took 10 mins? To me, the length of time shows there was some confusion and that they couldn't have been 100% certain and therefore shouldn't have been able to change the call!

Go to Top of Page

Guest4235
( )

Posted - 04/20/2010 :  23:29:25  Reply with Quote
nhl playoffs since 04 season is rigged by the higher powers to be, on down to the officials...yes, the officiating stinks in the playoffs(when it REALLY MATTERS THE MOST, IT SHOULDNT HAPPEN), DUH, GUESS WHY? Cause the higher powers to be want it to, to suit their needs and wishes, ie....showcasing the superstars and their teams benefiting the dollars at the gates, esp. the weaker usa teams that have never won the cup before against can. teams (past cups), then ofcourse, showcasing the "two" best players past two cups....ofcourse, i will eat my words and stop talking all this so called non-sense IF THE CANUCKS LOSE TO LA AND COLORADO UPSETS THE SHARKS, WHICH I KNOW THEY WOULDNT AND WONT(FOR THE LEAGUES SAKE)..
Go to Top of Page

Guest0965
( )

Posted - 04/21/2010 :  04:52:56  Reply with Quote
It was initially called a Goal by the Ref. So it should stand. IF I were an Official, had it be ANY game, I would've seen the replay and called it a for sure goal, even if it was a LEAF/CAP Stanley cup game 7 I would still call it a goal for Toronto. but it would be the right call. if the refs turn over another FOR SURE goal for Vancouver i'll go bonkers!! there should have also been a hooking penalty from Sean O'Donnell plus i'm sure Daniel was trying to AVOID Quick so that there wouldnt be any Interference. Yes I am positive Daniel knew that the puck was gonna be there, both twins are both very smart players and they were even going to play soccer for their national team once. but sometimes we know that players intentionally try and SHIFT, NOT KICK it in the Puck. canucks would have tied up the game for sure. i mean they are usually great at tying up the game in the 3rd Period, if anyone watched.

Let's get a CANADIAN NHL Commissioner. Stop paying the refs. Let's play fair this time. Things just seem too fishy with the Canadian teams not being reffed fairly.

END RANT/
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2010 :  05:21:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have watched the relpay again - and I still disagree with the decision. I can see how the decision was reached, however, and I feel it's one of those times when constantly seeing it in slo-mo makes it seem like a different play than at full speed. At full speed, one realises that Daniel Sedin had to suddenly brake hard, otherwise he was going into the net - and most importantly, if you look hard, you can see his stick trying to gain contact with the puck coming across (at first it looks like his stick is lifted, but not the case).

Anyways, I can see how the mistake (IMHO) was made, and it's a very tough call against the Canucks - but not the toughest.

The toughest calls are the real game changers . . . like the O/T pp in Washington Game 2, or the same thing in Jersey.

Beans, you are right - I have atacked the refs a lot, and that's because I think they are doing a real lousy job! Another classic example was last night against the Sens, Penguins up 6-4 and Malkin - IN FULL VIEW OF TWO REFS (they showed it twice on replay, no mistake) - shovelled the puck over the boards from his zone, which should have been a penalty. Instead, it's no call, and a minute later the Pens score again and ice the game.

I hate the Sens as you know, but what I hate even more is bad reffing.

I think I have already mentioned in these posts about 6 or 7 instances where terrible, game-changing calls were made . . . and I can only watch one game at a time, so that's from a sampling of about a dozen games!

That is just brutal reffing.

It is one time I truly am thankful Toronto isn't in the playoffs, lest a terrible call gets made against them and I can't say anything lest I be called a whiny homer.

Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2010 :  08:02:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's difficult to really say what is and isn't "game changing". To me, any bad call can and maybe even IS game changing. Take last night's Detroit / Phoenix game. Pavel Datsyuk was called for boarding on a very light hit which was not even entirely from behind. It kinda reminded me of the Kesler hit we discussed at length last month in that the dman kinda turned however, Datsyuk, he of multiple Lady Byngs trophies, gave the guy just a slight bump. At the time, it was 1-0 Detroit and while in the end it didn't cost the Wings (they killed the penalty), it could have changed the game drastically. Not sure if any of you saw this call, but in my mind, it gets filed under terrible!
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2010 :  08:30:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well chalk this up to perception then. I don't think a single poor call or missing call is 'game changing' as more often than not the poor calls are pretty even on both sides.

Some might be more impactful than others at least perception wise, as a call in the final 5 minutes(or lack there of) is significantly more impactful than a poor or missed call in the first 5 minutes of the game.

Here is my measure, if I watch a game without realizing the refs are there, it must be a good job. I am watching the vast majority of the games without seeing the refs change the landscape really at all.

With the exception of the first couple of games the first night when there were some very questionable missed calls on high sticks and the no goal called by Sedin(which really has nothing to do with the refs) I have not watched this landslide of poor, game changing calls.

C'mon Guys, this is the playoffs. Suck it up and play the game.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2010 :  08:47:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone hear or read the comment by Mike Murphy that was posted on the Kings website and then, not surprisingly, removed suddenly after the Sedin goal was called back? Here's what he said.....

Mike Murphy quote :

I think it would be so neat to see the Kings succeed and win a Stanley Cup because it would do just a tremendous amount for the Southern California market and the Kings franchise. They have been hard working and very close in a number of years, so that would be nice to see.

End quote

For the record, Murphy played for the Kings and was also an assistant coach then head coach for the team after his playing days were over!

Check out this link, it has Mike Murphy's interview with Ron Maclean on it as he explains why he/they overturned the goal. After watching this, i'm even more convinced it was a brutal call! Also, watch Milbury's reaction at or between approx the 1:27-1:33 mark. Pretty sure Milbury was one of those who disagreed with the call and he looks like he's either ready to laugh at Murphy's explanation or he's just horrified with it?

http://fans.kings.nhl.com/topic/712

Well, either way, what's done is done and the Canucks need to find something that if nothing else, at least resembles a PK, or they're cooked! 40% on the PK isn't gonna get ya far in the playoffs is it?

Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2010 :  09:48:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Funny, the stuff that comes from things like this......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o50Sp25JLqM&feature=popular

Go to Top of Page

Guest9494
( )

Posted - 04/21/2010 :  13:08:09  Reply with Quote
I think this video pretty much sums it all up on reffing

http://www.sportsnet.ca/video/latest/NHL-Playoff-Update-April-21st
Go to Top of Page

Guest2264
( )

Posted - 04/21/2010 :  21:16:27  Reply with Quote
some things certainly make you wonder...HOCKEY RIGGED ???not good for business, Detroit winning the cup too much. Pittsburg`s poster boys winning IS VERY GOOD FOR BUSINESS.
Wonder how much $$$$ pro-line made on the 1st night of the playoffs ?? all upsets....what about game 2 in the same series ?? ALL losers bounse back ...must have been another bonanza for $$$$ pro-line...
Anyone besides me wonder why the coyotes didn`t pull their goalie AT ALL in game 4, with over 2 mins. left in the game to do so ?? down by just 2 goals...goalie stays in right to the end ???
Wonder what the over-under was for that game on pro-line ?? Some things just make you wonder
Go to Top of Page

Guest3368
( )

Posted - 04/22/2010 :  07:27:01  Reply with Quote
the sabres got screwed a couple times
Go to Top of Page

Guest5903
( )

Posted - 04/22/2010 :  10:58:30  Reply with Quote
Wow, the conspiracy theories have really evolved. Now we have the lottery/gambling companies in on it too? Or is it that league officials are betting through proline and are rigging the games to win money? AND the phoenix coyotes are in on it too, not pulling the goalie to save the over/under? Well I guess that makes sense, the league does own them...

But I think you are missing the real mastermind. It's all Balsillie. In his bid to own an NHL team, he has paid off all of the refs to make a series of bad calls in the playoffs. He even was able to buy the warroom, and had them make the call on Sedin's goal. All in an attempt to undermine the credibility of the league and the game. Once American veiwers realize that the arbitrary and poor decisions of the refs determine the outcomes of games, they will stop watching in droves. This will put the league in a precarious position, forcing them to sell the Coyotes to Balsillie at a bargain basement price and allowing him to move the team to Southern Ontario, just to recoup some of their losses.

It all makes perfect sense now!

Or maybe:
-the refs have a vested interest in calling the games fairly

-the refs are subject to some human error, plus the rules require some subjective judgement

-basic tenets of psychology give rationales why poor calls might stand out in a watcher's memory, while appropriate ones do not

-basic tenets of psychology would also give rationales why the above phenomenon would be aggravated for a watcher with a particular bias (for example, a fan of a team)

-thus, with a distorted view as to the fairness of calls, fans form absurd theories of a game-fixing scandal

Its either one or the other...
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2010 :  11:30:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2264

some things certainly make you wonder...HOCKEY RIGGED ???not good for business, Detroit winning the cup too much. Pittsburg`s poster boys winning IS VERY GOOD FOR BUSINESS.
Wonder how much $$$$ pro-line made on the 1st night of the playoffs ?? all upsets....what about game 2 in the same series ?? ALL losers bounse back ...must have been another bonanza for $$$$ pro-line...
Anyone besides me wonder why the coyotes didn`t pull their goalie AT ALL in game 4, with over 2 mins. left in the game to do so ?? down by just 2 goals...goalie stays in right to the end ???
Wonder what the over-under was for that game on pro-line ?? Some things just make you wonder

'

Wow, wonder who else has pics of the fake moon landing in Arizona with the UFA's, Bigfoot, and Ogopogo's around a camp fire in the back ground.

C'mon. Rigged?? Seriously, with the exception of the Vancouver disallowed goal, I don't think there has been a single call that one could deem as a direct impact to a win for a specific team.

Wonder if Nashville being up on Chicago is just for dramatic effect??
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2010 :  12:23:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone who thinks there is a conspiracy going on (looking at you Vancouver) is just paranoid. Face it, if you lose, you lose because you werent good enough. Get over it and quit whining, your embarassing your team, city and fanbase.

Dont insult the officiating crew or the NHL with your baseless claims. And this is coming from a guy who watched kerry fraser turn a blind eye to wayne and gilmour. That wasnt some conspiracy to keep the leafs out of the cup finals and get wayne and LA in, it was a mistake. Humans make them.

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
Go to Top of Page

Guest5120
( )

Posted - 04/23/2010 :  09:00:05  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2264

Wow to true game officiating have been brutal this year. I wouldn't be surprised these days.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page