Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 2nd round- Boston and Philidelphia Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest6816
( )

Posted - 04/28/2010 :  18:58:01  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Who is going to win the Boston Bruins vs Philadelphia Flyers series?

Choices:

Philadelphia
Boston

Edited by - Beans15 on 04/28/2010 19:21:42

Guest6834
( )

Posted - 04/29/2010 :  03:58:28  Reply with Quote
Bruins vs Flyers ya!!! 1973/74 here we go again!!! do you think it will live up to one of the best series of all time???? fat chance but heres hoping , go bruins go!!
Go to Top of Page

strech that twine
Top Prospect

Canada
15 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2010 :  08:00:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Season series 2-2
Philly to big and yes fast...Boston big but slow...
If Boston is to win Rask will have to play like Halak..
Chara and recchi as leading scores,come on...
Philly in 4 (o.k maybe 5)

When asked about the exectuion of his offence he responded " I'm in favor of it"
Go to Top of Page

Gusteroni
Rookie

Canada
225 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2010 :  12:25:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This series can easily become a penalty fest. I'm hoping the refs let these two teams play the way they can...hard.

Flyers in 6 or 7 is my best guess. The Human Rake has quite possibly been one of the best defesemen in the playoffs so far. It's going to be a defensive series and it could come down to the net minding. Boucher has a lot to prove as well as Rask, but Boucher should not have a problem against the dried up offense of the Bruins. I can't see Savard even being a factor, I'm thinking once he gets hit once he won't be right again.

When Hell freezes over, I'll play hockey there too.
Go to Top of Page

Leafs81
PickupHockey Pro

735 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2010 :  16:28:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Philly in 6. Rask will steal a game or 2. But if all cylinders are shooting from Philly they will be a tough team to beat. And I also believe that Marc Savard wont be a factor, especially against a physical team like Philly. Honnestly on paper, philly is scary.

This serie will have Rock Em Sock Em written all over it. The two toughest teams in the league.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6834
( )

Posted - 04/30/2010 :  05:42:18  Reply with Quote
Lets not forget Gagne, Carter and Laperriere all out, Savard back will be huge!! Rask against Boucher, advantage Rask large , will be a good series . BRUINS in 6!!! Richards will be big for Philly and playoff Pronger .
Go to Top of Page

Leafs81
PickupHockey Pro

735 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2010 :  07:46:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6834

Lets not forget Gagne, Carter and Laperriere all out, Savard back will be huge!! Rask against Boucher, advantage Rask large , will be a good series . BRUINS in 6!!! Richards will be big for Philly and playoff Pronger .

Good point I forgot about those injuries.
Go to Top of Page

Guest5545
( )

Posted - 04/30/2010 :  20:11:23  Reply with Quote
Bruins in 5 games, Savard back playing on the 3rd line! Gotta like it!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4271
( )

Posted - 05/01/2010 :  02:51:00  Reply with Quote
Boston in 4! Plilly is wat too injured. Only Sweep of the four series.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2793
( )

Posted - 05/02/2010 :  18:35:22  Reply with Quote
Bruins in three more games.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6834
( )

Posted - 05/04/2010 :  04:41:23  Reply with Quote
Ok lets face it how many Bruins , Habs and Flyers combined do you have in your playoff pool?? However they all playing great playoff positional hockey, especially MY BRUINS!!! YA, but i gotta admit i dont have any bruins ,habs or flyers in the pool , so im gonna lose, imagine a bruin fan and he dosnt take any in the pool, serves me right i guess.Big goal by Lucic last night !! big big win!!
Go to Top of Page

HawkinOilCountry
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
318 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2010 :  07:23:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm in two playoff pools. In those (combined) pools:

2 people have Pronger
2 people have Chara (we score PIMs and this guy's been a beast)
1 person has Rask
1 person has Boucher
1 person has Gomez

so 7 picks out of 150 total players from Boston, Philly, and Montreal. A LOT of people are kicking themselves for writing off these teams early.

The arena wall in chicago should be credited with a goal.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2010 :  17:05:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Speaking of having any Flyers or Bruins in pools - I am one of four people in a 200 person pool with Flyers players, and I have Richards and Pronger.

Basically, it's down to Richards and Pronger making it past the second round for me to get top 5 and in the big money . . . doesn't look good right now, but the games have been real close and I still think they have a chance.

In another hockey pool where I am also still in as a possibility to win money (around 9th out of 35) a surprising amount of people have Bruins - but no one else has Richards, and only a couple of others have Pronger.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Guest4271
( )

Posted - 05/05/2010 :  01:32:10  Reply with Quote
Crazy as it is, in my pool, I have Richards, Pronger, and Krejci, however, I still need some help as I took no Sharks and 5 Red Wings......LMAO
Go to Top of Page

Guest6834
( )

Posted - 05/05/2010 :  03:37:48  Reply with Quote
Well good for you guys and good luck, in our whole draft only bergeron from boston and cammalleri from mont were picked, a bunch of flyers were picked. But i usually get a few heart pics in there but this year stuck totally with the so called favorites and i sucked, cause i got too many caps, i don't even like the damn caps!!!
Go to Top of Page

Jumbo Joe Rocks
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
410 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2010 :  13:10:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bruins will win. I think they will face San Jose for the Cup

GO SHARKS GO
Go to Top of Page

Guest4050
( )

Posted - 05/05/2010 :  13:40:26  Reply with Quote
That would be something. Big Joe returning to Boston.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4271
( )

Posted - 05/06/2010 :  11:45:02  Reply with Quote
Boston is really playing well. I believe Philly is done.
Go to Top of Page

Gusteroni
Rookie

Canada
225 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2010 :  09:25:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well another exciting game 7 is on its way and nobody is talking about the feats of Philly. 6th team in NHL history to ever take the opposing team to a 7th game after being down 0-3. Now the Flyers have a very good chance to become only the 3rd team in history to win a series after being down 0-3. Can or will it happen? If it does are the Flyers a favorite to go to the cup?

I feel a lot of people wrote off the Flyers especially after Carter, Gagne, Laperriere went down to injuries. Well they seem to have overcome the odds and Gagne has came back and is on fire. Even Carcillo is playing the best I've ever seen him and for a guy like him that isn't no easy task.

The Flyers are writing their own Cinderella story at the Bruins expense and if they meet the Canadiens in the 3rd round I think they will write another chapter. Montreal has not played against a highly defensive team yet in these playoffs...much less against a guy I like to call the Human Rake (Prongs). IMO if they meet in the 3rd round the Flyers will run the runts into the ground. I believe that if they meet Boston as well, Chara vs Subban...no contest.

Leighton coming back is probably the best thing to happen to Philly as I don't believe they would be where they are now with Boucher playing even if it has only been a game and a bit. I can't wait to see what happens tomorrow!!

When Hell freezes over, I'll play hockey there too.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6834
( )

Posted - 05/13/2010 :  12:11:23  Reply with Quote
Game 7 in boston, Bruins will get back on track here and win.Then the old rival habs , Habs playing well ,actually scary well but Bruins will be too physical for them and BIG surprise finals , Boston vs Chicago, original 6 cup finals, nice!! Tukka Rask will be up for the task in game 7!! GO BRUINS GO!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4271
( )

Posted - 05/13/2010 :  14:30:08  Reply with Quote
I am the biggest Boston fan there is and I have a bad feeling about tommorrows game. I think with the loss of Sturm ( their leading goal scorer) and Krecji, there lack of goal scoreing becomes apparent. It's a shame to because things were just coming together for them. I can only hope Ryder, Wheeler or Lucic can break out and help Rechi and Bergeron with some offence.
It also wouldn't hurt if Rask can play the game of his life. Maybe Hall or Seguin will put us over the top next year.Anyways here's hopeing.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2010 :  19:07:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WHAT. A. THRILLER.

To top off the comeback of all comebacks, going down 3-0 and getting to a game 7 . . . they also go down 3-0 in the first period . . . then rally to win 4-3.

It is really hard to imagine a comeback like that, topped with it's own comeback inside the comeback!

And it wasn't just Richards, it wasn't just Pronger . . . it was a whole team effort. That, and it was really, really convenient for Rask to let in that softie to make it 3-1 in the first and give a glimmer of hope.

Have there ever been two more amazing stories to meet in a conference final? I don't think so.

Great game, and looking forward to more!

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

HawkinOilCountry
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
318 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2010 :  19:18:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WOW!

Philly wins and I get a case of Guiness!

What a story going into the ECF! What a series! What a Game!

History has been made....

I love the playoffs!

The arena wall in chicago should be credited with a goal.
Go to Top of Page

Porkchop73
PickupHockey Pro

640 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2010 :  04:18:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have got to wonder, since the Bruins only scored 4 goals in the last 3 games, if they could have used Phil Kessel?
That trade may have cost the Bruins a visit to the cup final this year!!!
Getting that second overall pick from TO really helped them this year!!!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page