Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Poll - Mid Season MVP Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2338 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2007 :  09:34:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
We are halfway through the season - who is the leagues MVP?

Choices:

Sidney Crosby
Marian Hossa
Martin Brodeur
Jarome Iginla
Alex Ovechkin
Jaromir Jagr
Joe Thornton
Teemu Selanne

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2007 :  10:27:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No huge deal, but it's Marian Hossa.

It seems like the easy way out, but it has to be Crosby.

I also think Giguere should be up there. 23-4-5 and in the top 4 of pretty much every statistical category for goalies, not to mention his team is tops in the league.

Edited by - bablaboushka on 01/08/2007 10:28:56
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2338 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2007 :  10:51:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
D'oh - you got me.

Giguere was on my short list - but I feel Selanne is the Ducks MVP.

Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2007 :  11:25:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That was a tough list to choose from. I said Jagr though, but it really could've been any of them.
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2007 :  16:51:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You crosby voters are all dead to me

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

Guest6914
( )

Posted - 01/08/2007 :  17:12:33  Reply with Quote
Right at the beginning of the season I said Ovechkin was better than Crosby. I stand corrected. Sorry I doubted you Sid.
Go to Top of Page

Guest7170
( )

Posted - 01/08/2007 :  18:18:28  Reply with Quote
Crosby is great offensively yes, but Hossa is more valuable to his team. Hossa is on 5v5, Powerplay, Penalty Kill, 4v4. He barely catches a break.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4033
( )

Posted - 01/08/2007 :  18:29:56  Reply with Quote
giguere - what?
selanne - who?

CO-MVP's - niedermayer & pronger, without the defensive duo the ducks aren't even playoff contenders!
Go to Top of Page

Kashmire
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
506 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2007 :  20:24:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kinda tough question but i decided on Ovechkin; where or what would the caps be without him? He gives the team posotive publicity, he adds a much needed offensive boost, he has brought the Capitals to a playoff contender(not only him nut he helps alot), and he works his butt off night after night.
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2007 :  23:45:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by I HATE CROSBY

I HATE CROSBY

IHC, I think I actually blew snot out of my nose I laughed so hard when I ready this!
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2007 :  23:47:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4033

giguere - what?
selanne - who?

CO-MVP's - niedermayer & pronger, without the defensive duo the ducks aren't even playoff contenders!

Ya I'm surprised that one of these guys isn't on here ADMIN. is it because pronger is hurt?
Go to Top of Page

B-rett10
Rookie

Canada
186 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  05:54:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sid the Kid!
Go to Top of Page

Guest9661
( )

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  09:19:14  Reply with Quote
To I HATE CROSBY;

What is yor problem with this kid? Not only is he the best thing to happen to Canadian hockey since Wayne Gretzky, he has also improved his team, improved his defensive game, and night in and night out, the best and most exciting player in the league to watch. Bar none, the league's MVP, as he leads a team of teenagers into a playoff spot and is humble about his game.
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2338 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  09:33:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leigh

quote:

I HATE CROSBY

IHC, I think I actually blew snot out of my nose I laughed so hard when I ready this!

Pronger's current injury has nothing to do with his first half performance. Iginla is also injured right now but is definitely an MVP candidate in my eyes. I chose to exclude Pronger/Niedermayer because they are equally important to their team and I couln't choose one over the other. And personally, I like the way Selanne has played this year. He is amazingly on pace for a better season than last. However, I can't argue with any nomination for Giguere, Niedermayer, or Pronger as all are integral to the success of the Ducks.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6400
( )

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  13:35:21  Reply with Quote
whoever hates crosby, clearly has no idea of what they are talking about! You obviously dont no the game of hockey too well either. Crosby is a PHENOM!!!!!! and for sure this years MPV.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4664
( )

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  13:45:53  Reply with Quote
I'd have to say it's tough voting for players like Selanne, Pronger, Niedermayer, Giguere. Even you said it yourself, "without the defensive DUO the ducks..." truely an amazing line and great players but most valuable player to their team individually? If i could vote Niedermayer and Pronger together than quite possibly. Without both the Ducks would be an average team in the league at best; without one, the Ducks would still be in high contension. Saying that, the offensive lines which help Jagr, Hossa and other players have limited my vote. The easy pick (whether people like it or not) is Sidney Crosby. Top of the league in points by a fair margine, bringing the last place team in the league into a fight for the playoffs and having a +/- of +16 already makes him in my mind unarguably MVP at the half-way marker.
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  17:12:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by Guest6400

whoever hates crosby, clearly has no idea of what they are talking about! You obviously dont no the game of hockey too well either. Crosby is a PHENOM!!!!!! and for sure this years MPV.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd guess about 2% (tops) of ppl on this thing could actually outplay me in hockey...Just b/c I don't like one player doesn't mean I don't "know hockey"......I think I made it perfectly clear the reasons I don't like the kid...Some of them are childish, I know.....But the fundamental reason I HATE CROSBY is b/c of his personality......He is the type of player NOBODY would talk to in the dressing room...He puts on an act like he is the perfect canadian...Family boy, from some redneck province, lives, breathes hockey...would stay on the ice for hour after hour.......Team first attitude, SO POLITE..this is the type of guy I hope all of you would beat up at school (ie a phony...NO ONE IS REALLY LIKE THAT)....Then he goes on the ice, he dives, he bitches...he face washes players...this is the type of player I hope you'd all beat up on the ice..

I think mikhailova, describes him in a more "politically correct" manner than I do.....So if you think I go too far sometimes, I hope you agree with her.....But I will admit he is talented....But nowhere near the best in the league...#'s mean crap (the canes won the cup last year with no one dominating in the numbers category (in the playoffs...stall was #'s guy during the season))......SO WAKE UP

I HATE CROSBY

Edited by - I HATE CROSBY on 01/09/2007 17:14:20
Go to Top of Page

Guest6916
( )

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  17:39:21  Reply with Quote
quote:

[quote]Originally posted by Guest6400

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd guess about 2% (tops) of ppl on this thing could actually outplay me in hockey...Just b/c I don't like one player doesn't mean I don't "know hockey"......I think I made it perfectly clear the reasons I don't like the kid...Some of them are childish, I know.....But the fundamental reason I HATE CROSBY is b/c of his personality......He is the type of player NOBODY would talk to in the dressing room...He puts on an act like he is the perfect canadian...Family boy, from some redneck province, lives, breathes hockey...would stay on the ice for hour after hour.......Team first attitude, SO POLITE..this is the type of guy I hope all of you would beat up at school (ie a phony...NO ONE IS REALLY LIKE THAT)....Then he goes on the ice, he dives, he bitches...he face washes players...this is the type of player I hope you'd all beat up on the ice..

I think mikhailova, describes him in a more "politically correct" manner than I do.....So if you think I go too far sometimes, I hope you agree with her.....But I will admit he is talented....But nowhere near the best in the league...#'s mean crap (the canes won the cup last year with no one dominating in the numbers category (in the playoffs...stall was #'s guy during the season))......SO WAKE UP

I HATE CROSBY

Mik may not appreciate you dragging her in to your dirty bathwater.
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  17:46:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hahahahahah......good call

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  18:04:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL

But how do I describe Sid "politically correctly"? Cuz I'm no fan of political correctness, it's a disgrace to...uh, I dunno, everything! lol

Edited by - Mikhailova on 01/09/2007 18:47:50
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  18:45:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

He puts on an act like he is the perfect canadian...Family boy, from some redneck province, lives, breathes hockey...would stay on the ice for hour after hour.......

Listen, I don't have a hardcore belonging to NS but you must be kidding me... a redneck Province? YOU'RE 20 YEARS OLD? WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR EDUCATION? I'll be honest dude, you come off as a 14-year old.

And man, to me, that does sound like the perfect Canadian.

(See closing statement in Brodeur poll).

Edited by - bablaboushka on 01/09/2007 18:46:27
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  19:36:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
humourously enough, I'm 20, yet already have my BSc...and am attending graduate school, so I must be doing something right hahahaha...P.S., read Mcleans magazine and observe where ubc ranks...then try and find a university from NS hahahahahahah...........................clearly I'm just joking around....I'm just saying nowhere in NS has the elegance of say, Vancouver.....And my point is nobody (other than being from NS) is really like that...Despite the stereotypes on TV, In my experience, I've yet to see a player go through 20 hours a week of practice and games an still want more ice time...I was at this training camp where we were on the ice for 8 hours a day for 2 weeks, and I don't recall a single player saying "just one more minute" at the end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

Guest4110
( )

Posted - 01/10/2007 :  00:31:48  Reply with Quote
obviously this 'hate crosby' bozo doesnt know what he's talking about.. either about hockey or about provinces... some kid going from forums to forums trying to cause 'light' s***...possible banning for loser-like attitude?
Go to Top of Page

Guest4110
( )

Posted - 01/10/2007 :  00:36:57  Reply with Quote
everyone wants more ice time! All the time I did the OHL and at every game and training camp, everyone wanted more time, all the time!

your peewee league training camp probably was too harsh for you and your little biddues
Go to Top of Page

Guest2887
( )

Posted - 01/10/2007 :  06:00:51  Reply with Quote
crosby has more points, a much much better plus/minus rating than most of the other candidates while playing on a young, inexperienced team. That makes him a good bet to win the Hart this year!!!
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2007 :  07:43:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4110

obviously this 'hate crosby' bozo doesnt know what he's talking about.. either about hockey or about provinces... some kid going from forums to forums trying to cause 'light' s***...possible banning for loser-like attitude?

Thanks for your insight 4110 (sarcastic) and while I agree that he can be close-minded, I would leave suggestions about what to do with members up to the mods and the admin, especially coming from a guest. Feel free to register though, the more members the better!

Thanks.

Edited by - bablaboushka on 01/10/2007 07:43:45
Go to Top of Page

Guest7632
( )

Posted - 01/10/2007 :  07:51:45  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by admin

D'oh - you got me.

Giguere was on my short list - but I feel Selanne is the Ducks MVP.

i agree with u a 100 percent go ducks go
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2338 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2007 :  10:52:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I don't recall a single player saying "just one more minute" at the end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2007 :  15:16:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by Guest4110

everyone wants more ice time! All the time I did the OHL and at every game and training camp, everyone wanted more time, all the time!

your peewee league training camp probably was too harsh for you and your little biddues

Funny cause the WHL and the OHL are relatively the same....and in those camps I can't recall anyone staying on the ice for more than 4 hours max.....I think ppl have something called, I don't know, STAMINA.....There comes a point when you've given it all, and can't give no more.....It's probably best to take a break after that!!!!!!!

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

Guest6916
( )

Posted - 01/11/2007 :  18:59:54  Reply with Quote
Jesus you guys, it a f***ing marketing campaign!! Who gives a s***! I'm sure at 8 years old we all wanted more icetime. I sure as hell did! let it go. what does this have to do with the leagues MVP?
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2007 :  19:07:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Honestly, thank you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To: