Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 New look Leafs jerseys... Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rambo2305
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
546 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2010 :  05:59:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any thoughts on the new Leafs Jerseys?

Rambo2305
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
546 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2010 :  06:01:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Personally, I like them. The retro look for the original 6 teams is always a good move.

The darker blue definitely works, and about time someone realized the stripes and shoulder epaulettes looked better. And glad to see they kept the ever lover 3rd jersey from the 60's.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2010 :  08:07:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great, another slick marketing ploy for the Leafs, rolling out yet another variation of the old jersey which has been re-done a hundred times already.

Please, if you are disappointed with past performance and want a better team? Don't buy ANY new merchandise. This is where you have a choice as a Leafs fan to make a difference, however small it may be.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2010 :  15:40:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Agreed.

This reminds me of the Colorado 3rd jersey a few years ago. They said they put 18 months of research into this 'revolutionary' new jersey and all it turned out to be was a rip off of the Ranger's Jersey.

I am a fan of the retro jersey's coming out again, but not all the time. The Oilers changes their jersey's in the early 90's and did not bring back their retro until just a season or 2 ago. That's fine. But if they 're-release' the same old jersey with just a slight changed, all it does is show greed.

All I see in this "New" Leaf jersey is the old Jersey without the words on it.

Weak.
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2010 :  08:20:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sigh....

These jerseys were not a money grab. Season ticket holders and the fanbase in general HATED the way the RBK edge jerseys looked. No piping across the bottom and no shoulder patches, they looked like practice sweaters, or pajamas.

Ive wanted them to go back to the early 90's style since the day I saw those new ones and I am VERY glad they did. I never bought one of those plain jerseys because they looked boring and lame. Now, I can actually be proud to wear a good looking sweater.

Theres no silver trim, no crappy TML logo on the shoulder, and they brought back the laces. They are perfect in my mind .

Also, Slozo, aside from the RBK jerseys theyve recently been wearing, when the hell was the last time a major change had been done to the Leafs sweater? They switched shoulder patches in 2000 but before that there hadnt been a change since 1992

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
Go to Top of Page

99pickles
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
671 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2010 :  14:54:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A total improvement over their current threads. Yes, they could have done more with it but it's still much more of a true hockey jersey now.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page