Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 In 10 years who will be the best? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jmsmorris
Top Prospect

Canada
31 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  13:25:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Ten years from now who will be the best player?

Choices:

Sidney Crosby
Alexander Ovechkin
Marian Hossa
Eric Staal
Jordan Staal
Marc Staal
Jared Staal
Other (Who?)

Edited by - jmsmorris on 01/17/2007 17:17:38

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  13:31:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Matthew Lombardi. He's having a break out year right now. No one can touch his speed and when his hands catch up to his feet (and they are)he will be unstoppable.
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  13:54:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I said Crosby, but of course he's already the best now. He'll be 29 in ten years and unless someone comes along who's better than him, he's certainly capable of continuing his streak. Ovechkin would be a close second.

Edited by - Mikhailova on 01/14/2007 13:56:27
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  14:19:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leigh

Matthew Lombardi. He's having a break out year right now. No one can touch his speed and when his hands catch up to his feet (and they are)he will be unstoppable.

Oh Leigh, you never fail to amuse me!

As a matter of fact, I was telling my dad this morning that I bet he is the fastest skater in the league. Too bad he gets hurt easily and just does not have the scoring touch that a guy with his speed should.

Having speed is a good start to a skill set, but it's not the be all end all. I have no doubt that he can flourish, but who knows if that will happen.

Edited by - bablaboushka on 01/14/2007 14:20:11
Go to Top of Page

Redskins
Top Prospect

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  14:52:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah! i think that...randomly some guy that's young now will be the best like latandresse... or... chistov.. haha watch!

Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  16:04:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well Redskins, it is far from a random choice. What's the point of picking Crosby if he's already the best? Isn't that a given? And what insight does that offer to these forums? I realize I'm going out on a limb by saying Lombardi. As Babs said, he is probably the fastest in the league. And as I stated above, his hands have to catch up to his feet and they are starting to. He put a crazy outside/in move on some poor Oiler schmuck last night, so that is evidence of that. Look, he's 24 now, in 7 to 10 years he'll have peaked. Give a kid some time, after all, the poll has asked us to project 10 years into the future, the odds of anyone of us being right is pretty slim. So, I'm happy to entertain you Babs! By the way, who is your choice? Thornton? Wow, you're crazy!!!! (quick...think of someone else so you can disagree with me Babs)

I stand by my choice. Lombardi.
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  17:33:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leigh

What's the point of picking Crosby if he's already the best? Isn't that a given?

I think the idea behind picking Sid was to decide whether Crosby would still be the best 10 years from now or whether someone else would.
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  18:25:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ten years from now crosby will be pushing himself around in a wheelchair....Someone will strighten him out....Ten years from now ovi-one will be deemed honourary PM of canada (he's a better choice than that guy now who's stuck in the 1920's hahahahah)

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  19:09:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm just kind of sick of all these polls where Crosby is always the #1 answer. Anything having to do with future teams, future talent, MVP, highest scorer, etc. There is no point in asking these anymore because Crosby will ALWAYS rank #1. Please end this charade...

Haha leigh, I don't think Thornton will be the best in 10 years, he'll be 38. Something like this is hard to tell because we don't know of the future picks and how well they'll do. I think Crosby and Ovechkin will be dominating the league for the next 15 years, barring serious injuries. Lombardi should definitely be very good, but he won't be the best.
Go to Top of Page

PuckNuts
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2414 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  20:10:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it will be someone who is not in the league yet, like John Tavares (OHL) he is young, but he has size and is still growing, I think he is only 17 (6 ft 185 lbs)

After all tomorrow is another day...
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  23:05:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yah, it's pretty much going to be someone who is between the ages of 15 and 25 right at this moment in time! So that narrows it down to about 1000 players/future players! haha! All I am really certain of is that it will not be ME. LOL!
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  10:36:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by I HATE CROSBY

Ten years from now ovi-one will be deemed honourary PM of canada

Don't you have to be born in Canada to be PM?
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  10:44:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

I'm just kind of sick of all these polls where Crosby is always the #1 answer.

Same, that's why most of the time I pick Malkin or Ovechkin just to shake things up (also because I think they really are the best choice). In this case though I picked Crosby cuz he's #1 now and probably still will be 10 years from now. Though I agree that having him as a choice for these "future" polls is kinda pointless.

Edited by - Mikhailova on 01/15/2007 10:54:34
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  15:21:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

quote:
Originally posted by I HATE CROSBY

Ten years from now ovi-one will be deemed honourary PM of canada

Don't you have to be born in Canada to be PM?

we'll make an exception for ovi-one (even if we don't know what he's saying hahahah)

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page