Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 northwest division Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

canada19
Top Prospect

Canada
11 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  11:46:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Who will the Northwest Division winner be?

Choices:

Colorado
Calgary
Edmonton
Vancouver
Minnesota

canada19
Top Prospect

Canada
11 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  11:49:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It'll be close, i think, but I think that calgary will end up first followed by colorado
what does everyone else think?
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  11:49:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Vancouver is the Best in the Northwest there recent streak is no fluke they are going all the way!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  13:46:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It'll probably be Calgary but I hope it's Minnesota.
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  13:49:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

It'll probably be Calgary but I hope it's Minnesota.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't know there existed minnesota fans outside of minnesota hahahahah.........

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  13:50:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL
Yes I'm a Minnesota fan. Hockey is huge up there and I'm going there for college.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  15:03:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Minnesota.

Gaborik is back = game over in the NW. They're 3-1-1 since he came back.
Go to Top of Page

blade
Rookie

Canada
199 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  16:24:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dont worry he will be hurt again in a couple weeks
Go to Top of Page

-oil-country-
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
988 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  17:01:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gaborik definetely will make an impact he has 5 goals in 5 games he's been back
Go to Top of Page

Ripley
PickupHockey Pro

USA
365 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  17:52:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
here is my 2 cents,

1st Place - Flames - I think the Flames can hang on. And when Iginla gets back after the all-star break they will probably go on a serious run. I think they will take the NW.

2nd Place - Colorado - They should be doing better than they are. On paper they are a better team than they are demonstrating. So if things click, they'll be back in the race and could take it from any one.

3rd Place - Canucks - I don't think Vancouver has enough depth to win. But with Luongo any team would have a shot. Naslund has got to get going or they will not take it.

4th Place - Minnesota with Gaborik is good team but that is too risky of a proposition. He'll get hurt again, then what? I think we'll see them go up and down and then settle into 4th. Pretty much where they belong.

5th Place - Edmonton. Bad to average players all around so they are my pick to miss the post season.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2007 :  08:13:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Oilers are not done yet. If they don't pick it up soon they are, but not yet. Lowe will get a QB for the powerplay and a D-Man that can move the puck and you will see a different OIlers team. There are still 37+ games left for teams in the NW and the diff. between 1st and 5th is 3 games. That can change in less than a week. I think it will be tight until about game 75. Then it will be a fight for position. I think the Oilers will be there. Or, they will be out of it by mid-February.

That's my 2 cents.
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2007 :  08:47:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree that Gaborik will make a huge impact on the Wild and that the oilers will be nowhere near the top. The Canucks on the other hand are playing so well right now and the twins are going and Naslund is starting to score again. plus there recent wins have been well deserved after playing so hard and always coming up short.
Go to Top of Page

ryschevy1
Rookie

Canada
186 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2007 :  08:48:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just a comment on Mr. Ripleys idea that with Luongo any team should have a shot at the playoffs. Technically they SHOULD but that seems not be the case in past years. Florida didn't make the playoffs at all the years Roberto was their "star" so I don't see all the hype surrounding him and nucks fans thinkin they're gonna win lord stanleys mug. Granted it takes a whole team to lose, but until he has a team in front of him that is willing to back him up when it counts then I won't be impressed. I think Calgary will win the division, and I hate to say that cuz I'm an OIL fan, but i'm just bein realistic. As far as the team that won't make it, unless my beloved OIL or Colorado step it up a notch, they'll be playin golf against each other April instead of bein at the rink. It wouldn't hurt my feelings at all to see Van miss the playoffs but I think they'll squeak in in 8th and be out in the first round. That's my prediction.

GO OIL!!! YA!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page