Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 Finally, something we can all agree on Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

ultimatetitman
Rookie

Canada
244 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2007 :  14:46:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
... I think.
Whether you are a Canucks fan or not, you can probably relate.
Roberto Luongo was struck by a puck in the neck on Monday. He could not eat, swallow, or even talk. He even spent the night in the hospital and didn't get a lick of sleep. Did he sit out of Tuesday's game. NO.
Taylor Pyatt broke his thumb, and tried to play with it in a splint. He wanted to play, coach said no.
Hockey players (specifically Canadian hockey players) have got to be the toughest S.O.B.'s on the planet. Can you imagine a baseball or basketball player doing that? Hell no. They sit out because of blisters and - I'm not making htis up - hang nails!

ryschevy1
Rookie

Canada
186 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2007 :  15:04:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I couldn't agree with you more titman! There is something to be said about our gladiators from north of the border(most of them anyway-except Crosby and Gretz) they're some pretty tough guys!

GO OIL!!! YA!!!
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2007 :  15:10:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Luongo, like many other goalies including everyone's beloved Kiprusoff, is an idiot for not wearing the plastic protective shield beneath his mask. I won't say much more cause I'm gonna rant about it in my 1000th-post-extravaganza.
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2007 :  17:21:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yup should have had a shield on for sure but atta boy for being a tough SOB!

Babs, congratulations for being the first to 1000! (soon) Can't wait to use your post for toilet paper.
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2007 :  19:02:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hmmmmm.....I think football players got it a little tougher than hockey guys (barely)...I mean, they get paid to get hit.

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

KariyaSelanne
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
297 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2007 :  20:22:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You guys are forgetting Lacrosse players, now those guys are hardcore anyone ever been to a game?

Go Preds Go!!!
Go to Top of Page

spearbelly
Top Prospect

Canada
98 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2007 :  08:23:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by I HATE CROSBY

hmmmmm.....I think football players got it a little tougher than hockey guys (barely)...I mean, they get paid to get hit.

I HATE CROSBY

Disagree.........Q.B.'s and pass receivers get hammered fair good but linemen are groping,snorting and wrestling at close range.They're not being torpedoed or crunched at high speeds like hockey persons..............and footballers don't often get the wonderfull experiences of elbows,slashes or cross-checks to all parts of their bodies including their faces..............and are only familiar with open field hits as their borders are painted lines whilst hockey borders are immoveable boards.................and how many footballers do you ever see writhering in pain from being hit in the face with a football????????....................whereas hockey mugs are constantly bloodied and battered and losing teeth as often as G.W. Bush loses his train of thought..................and if you don't think it's TOUGH as a hockey player, to have to look at the Bruins' third jersey or be kissed by Don Cherry...................then you know NOT of TOUGHNESS.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2007 :  10:09:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think that football players are tougher through the game because of more hitting, but they also get a week off between games.......
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2007 :  11:18:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How can we DISagree on this? It's hockey--if you're not tough you don't qualify as a real player. Hockey's gotta be the only game where you lose teeth and get hit with solid objects moving at 100 mph. You've gotta be tough to take that.
Go to Top of Page

ultimatetitman
Rookie

Canada
244 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2007 :  11:43:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

Luongo, like many other goalies including everyone's beloved Kiprusoff, is an idiot for not wearing the plastic protective shield beneath his mask. I won't say much more cause I'm gonna rant about it in my 1000th-post-extravaganza.

Hey, I finally agree with you! Looking forward to your 1000th post. Can I guess that SJ and/or Joe Thornton will be mentioned? Good job!
And Luongo, I have two words for you: Clint Malarchuk!
Why am I not surprised that I Hate Crosby disagrees with us??? What a surprise. I swear if we all said "I hate Crosby too", he'd post reasons to love Crosby. No offence Hater... it's what makes this country great!
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2007 :  23:30:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good call with malarchuk....

I don't disagree b/c I love debating (I'm not a lawer hahahahah)...the one thing that bugs me most are the stereotypical hockey fans out there. Seems to me most ppl on this forum are, so I'm inclined to diagree because I flat out DON'T agree.....Most you guys follow hockey blindly w/o logic....
FOOTBALL GUYS ARE TOUGHER!!!!!!!!!!
CROSBY IS A BITCH
LEAFS ARE THE MOST ENTERTAINING FRANCHISE TO FOLLOW

anyone with half a brain would be able to admit it...I'm not saying hockey guys aren't tough, but have you ever played football? it's no wonder you only play it once a week hahahahah......I really don't think sid is a good role model for young kids out there (I wouldn't want my
kid looking up to some diving crying bitch with no social skills whatsoever...and surely a lot of the young ones out there THINK sid is someone to look up to)...And the "drama' surrounding Toronto is and always will be entertaining. From the Ownership of the eccentric and bizarre Harold Ballard, to the 96 teams unwillingness to pay wayne a mere 1 million to sing with T.O. (vancouver was offering 8 mil, but he wanted to finish his career in T.O.), to John fergusons attempts to build a winning team, everyone has to admit, the leafs are fun to hear about..

So don't make me out to be some lunatic, it seems I just watch hockey from a different perspective than most.

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2007 :  08:13:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yeah, especially when they lose hahahaha
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2007 :  10:50:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KariyaSelanne

You guys are forgetting Lacrosse players, now those guys are hardcore anyone ever been to a game?

Go Preds Go!!!

i have and its pretty violent

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2007 :  10:18:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been to lacrosse games, but not professional ones. Lacrosse is Maryland's state sport and I've been to a few of my high school games. They're rough but I'm guessing they get more violent at the pro level.
Go to Top of Page

ultimatetitman
Rookie

Canada
244 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2007 :  14:35:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

...the one thing that bugs me most are the stereotypical hockey fans out there. Seems to me most ppl on this forum are, so I'm inclined to diagree because I flat out DON'T agree.....Most you guys follow hockey blindly w/o logic....
FOOTBALL GUYS ARE TOUGHER!!!!!!!!!!
CROSBY IS A BITCH
anyone with half a brain would be able to admit it...
......I really don't think sid is a good role model for young kids out there (I wouldn't want my kid looking up to some diving crying bitch with no social skills whatsoever...and surely a lot of the young ones out there THINK sid is someone to look up to)...
So don't make me out to be some lunatic, it seems I just watch hockey from a different perspective than most.
I HATE CROSBY

Actually, for the most part, I have found you, until now, rather amusing. Forums like this are always more fun with some radically different views. But you've lost me now.
The fact that you call Crosby a "bitch" and claim he has no social skills whatsoever prove to me that you really have no clue what you are talking about. Calling anyone a bitch only serves to show how small minded YOU are. Has he slept with your sister? Keyed your car? Stolen your newspaper? No... how then do you figure he's a bitch?
And where do you get off saying he has no social skills? Really, is that the reason you hate him? Get a life. Naturally, his hours of works with poor and sick kids only serves to prove your point. His hours of visiting hospitals and signing (not singing!) autographs certainly would lead one to doubt his social skills. And how about the money he donates to multiple charities in Pittsburgh and Nova Scotia. Obvioulsy he is mentally underveloped if he is doing that. You're right, no kid should look up to him for that.
Grow up!
Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, this forum had NOTHING TO DO WITH CROSBY His name wasn't even mentioned. You just choose to go out of your way to piss people off with your sophmoric rhetoric. Well, if you can't contribute intelligently, why bother contributing at all? And you accuse the rest of us of doing things "blindly, w/o logic". Hello kettle, this is pot, you're black.
I won't "make you out to be some lunatic", you do that all by yourself.

My apologies to Admin, Babs, and all other intelligent forum contrinutors. I certainly don't have any right, I know, to reprimand, but his post really crossed the line, in my opinion.

Edited by - ultimatetitman on 01/22/2007 14:56:39
Go to Top of Page

KariyaSelanne
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
297 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2007 :  15:28:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
(whip cracking) I agree we werent even talking about Crosby or the Leafs, i dont really like Crosby that much but I can still admit he is a good player and also is a good role model for young kids.

Go Preds Go!!!
Go to Top of Page

KariyaSelanne
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
297 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2007 :  15:31:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yea lacrosse games get pretty intense at the pro level I saw Toronto and Minnesota play eachother, it was awesome.

Go Preds Go!!!
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2007 :  16:00:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well hey ultimatetitman, disagreements, according to you, were what made your country great. A rather odd claim if I may say so. And you spelled sophomoric wrong.

I think IHC was just giving examples of how he disagrees from the rest of us since you went off on that tangent in the first place. And what's with all the fuss now? He's been calling Crosby a b**** since he joined, shouldn't you be used to it by now? But I agree, Crosby's not a b|+ch and this isn't the forum to be discussing it in.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9641
( )

Posted - 01/22/2007 :  16:22:55  Reply with Quote
IHC and TITMAN stop your BICHING.
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2007 :  16:37:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks mik, you're always the voice of reason (and typically defend me , which is a bonus hahahahahah)

First off, don't put to much stock in atheletes doing charity works...It's good for the kids, I know, but the atheletes (well, celebs in general ie Oprah!!!!!!!!!) typically do it to boost their own ego (why would they need video cameras follwing them?)...But in response to the Forum question, I'll admit SOME hockey players, like shanahan, are just as tough as any NFL'er (I mean, shanny tillied brashier for christ sake)...But a bitch like crosby wouldn't last a day in flag football for god's sake.......

Edited by - I HATE CROSBY on 01/22/2007 16:45:45
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2007 :  16:51:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Titster, may I share some advice? Just relax and ignore his posts. This is like the "Greatest Player" debate, no one will magically change the other's mind so there's no use trying. Apparently he ignores your posts so might as well do the same to him...

IHC, you should relax too. Enough with the personal attacks, however indirect they are (I saw that post before you edited it). As my old Philosophy prof used to say: "You don't have to respect someone's opinion, but you should ALWAYS respect their right to have an opinion". Say what you have to say and leave others out of it. Plus, who cares why he does charity work, as long as he is. If you need an organ transplant and donations made by him made that possible, would you really care who it came from and why?

Isn't it ironic to have an argument in a thread that's titled "Finally, something we can all agree on"...

I still think Luongo, along with a lot of other goalies, is an idiot for not wearing the plastic throat guard. If you don't understand why I feel this way, watch this video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=dT4PenDwiPo

Get it now?

Edited by - bablaboushka on 01/22/2007 17:37:07
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2007 :  18:54:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I tried playing with that plastic face thing.....It pissed me off....it's so loud and distracting.....Dude, that throat slash is a fluke, I think goalie is the safest position in hockey...at least they have lots of padding........I mean, I don't know how players can play w/o a visor (especially d-men). I mean, someone takes a high shot from the point....BANG right in the eye......plus, I don't see any players wearing neck guards.....I agree with you some what... I would NEVER play goal w/o a neck guard (like the tissue one to protect you from getting your throat slashed), but that plastic thing is for pussies.

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2007 :  19:40:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No wonder you got punched out in hockey.

I'd like to hope most other goalies would have the sense that you lack. I don't think having a will to be able to breathe is p****.

When I was a goalie, I couldn't stand the common goalie mask that is worn today. I hated how it dipped into my chin, it bothered the hell out of me. So I stayed with the same style as Hasek with the plastic throat protector (on top of the polyester one) because it was looser so it wouldn't press against my neck. It was much more comfortable and to me made more sense.

Edited by - bablaboushka on 01/22/2007 19:42:29
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  11:35:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Y'all know me, I have to put my two cents in.

Firstly, I have never played goal but to think of the position as the only one that spend the majority of the active time in a vulnerable position, it only makes logical sense to protect yourself against anything you can. Regardless of the comfort level or the potential of the injury.

Secondly, football players and hockey player are easily the toughest of the major team sports. Who is first and second, who cares.

Thirdly, the Leafs are the most entertaining team off the ice. Actually, they wouldn't even have to play and they would still get more TV time then all the other Canadian teams combined. So, keep cheering for the antics off the ice and the rest of us will keep cheer for the good on-ice teams out there.

Forth, IHC is funny. He makes me laugh daily, so keep it up. I disagree with almost everything he says, but I still think it's worth the read. Opinions are like a**holes. Every has one and they all stink!

And lastly, "Hello Kettle, this is pot. You're Black." That is awesome!!!

Enjoy the all star game!
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  12:55:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Actually, they wouldn't even have to play and they would still get more TV time then all the other Canadian teams combined.

That's probably because of this thing called Toronto Sports Network...
Go to Top of Page

ultimatetitman
Rookie

Canada
244 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  13:27:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Got it... and many apologies.
I can handle him calling Crosby a bitch, I just found it rather distasteful when he attacked Crosby's "social skills". I can handle debate, disagreements, and arguements, but to insult a guy on that level is, in my opinion, completely unnecessary, especially when you really have no clue what-so-ever what he social skills are. He basically insulted Crosby's intelligence, and that really gets under my skin. I have reasons for feeling that way, which will not be discussed here. But that's what got me so fired up. Perhaps I over-reacted a smidgen.
Apologies to all.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  13:48:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think what he means by "social skills" is the way he talks during interviews. He has made comments about it in the past. I have yet to hear him talk about Crosby on what he does community.
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  14:20:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And now we move on...

I don't wear a visor or a throat guard (I play center) I've tried to go to the visor several times in several different years but I usually give up after about 10 games or so. My wife let's me hear about it weekly too! Throat guards are pretty restrictive but I certainly think Goalies should wear them, after all we are firing pucks right at them (and occasionally, past them)

I've been to one professional Lacrosse game and it was brutal! I think what makes it bad is that you can't glide out of a hit because your feet are planted! So you get knocked on your ass!

Edited by - leigh on 01/23/2007 14:21:53
Go to Top of Page

KariyaSelanne
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
297 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  15:43:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Goalies should definetely wear neckguards. As for players they should wear visors, how many times did Steve Yzerman get hit in the face with a puck,i don't think he ever switched to the visor tho, did he?

I'm a bigger boy, thats why I play lacrosse, thats an advantage I barely get knocked on my ass.

Go Preds Go!!!
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  16:38:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The thing that doesn't make sense to me is that kids play with a full face cage all the way through junior. Then, all of a sudden they are gone. I just can't understand how most people who played hockey thier whole lives played from a very young age to over 19 with a full cage and then all of a sudden a visor is a big problem?? Correct me if I am wrong. I have noticed that the majority of players in the past 2-3 years coming into the league have opted for a visor. Except for the tough guys, but most are. I guess the way I look at it is most hockey players need to see to play. Is it worth the risk??
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  16:39:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

I think what he means by "social skills" is the way he talks during interviews. He has made comments about it in the past. I have yet to hear him talk about Crosby on what he does community.

"Social skills" are not "public speaking skills"....good point

IHC - Maybe you will change your mind when you get hit in the throat next time you play....Karma is a bitch

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche

Edited by - Novie on 01/23/2007 16:40:14
Go to Top of Page

the hockey guy
Rookie

Canada
135 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2007 :  21:09:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KariyaSelanne

Go Preds Go!!!

Thats definatly true. they take a beating every game and i allways see people flying in the air. Its team over body for them. I would say lacrosse players are the toughest then hockey players because all lacrosse players a tough and most hockey players are tough but there are still hockey players that wine and complain and that kills the toughness of the game
Go to Top of Page

the hockey guy
Rookie

Canada
135 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2007 :  21:10:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ultimatetitman

... I think.
Roberto Luongo was struck by a puck in the neck on Monday. He could not eat, swallow, or even talk. He even spent the night in the hospital and didn't get a lick of sleep. Did he sit out of Tuesday's game. NO.
Taylor Pyatt broke his thumb, and tried to play with it in a splint. He wanted to play, coach said no.
Hockey players (specifically Canadian hockey players) have got to be the toughest S.O.B.'s on the planet. Can you imagine a baseball or basketball player doing that? Hell no. They sit out because of blisters and - I'm not making htis up - hang nails!

The reason he played against the leafs was because they suck and he didn't have to play an "A" game or even a "B" game for that matter
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2007 :  21:18:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't understand why everyone keeps slamming toronto this year.....they are playing well, and they are YOUNG...They aren't as young as everyones "favorite" pittsburgh, but they're not much older, and don't they have the same amount of points?

The leafs aren't bad, and you guys slamming the leafs makes less sense than me slamming crosby...I mean, what did John Pohl do wrong? or Wade belak (now he's a beauty).....Fine if you used to hate the leafs, but why would anyone hate the 2007 version...Just a bunch of good guys, working hard and playing pretty damn well if you ask me.....I bet they make the playoffs and s***sburgh doesn't!!!!!!!!

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

KariyaSelanne
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
297 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2007 :  15:24:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bet ya they both don't make the playoffs.

Go Preds Go!!!
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2007 :  16:17:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey IHC, everyone likes the Pens better because their young talent beats the Leafs' by a mile. Crosby, Malkin, Staal...they're all big names. The only reason the Pens have such a low standing is because the rest of the team isn't so good. And plus the Pens don't have a moron like JFJ running their team

But I don't think either the Leafs or the Pens will make the playoffs. Not with their current standings.

Wow this discussion has gone off topic...
Go to Top of Page

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  19:39:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone ever seen an Aussie Rules Football game?
They get my vote for toughest. Hockey a close second.
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2007 :  16:55:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

But I don't think either the Leafs or the Pens will make the playoffs. Not with their current standings.

Check that about the Pens--now they're definitely capable. All right IHC I'll admit the Leafs have a shot too
Go to Top of Page

KariyaSelanne
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
297 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  16:00:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think Toronto will make the playoffs and if they do they'll get knocked out first round, unless they get some new talent in there soon.

Go Preds Go!!!
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  16:21:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by the hockey guy

quote:
Originally posted by ultimatetitman

... I think.

The reason he played against the leafs was because they suck and he didn't have to play an "A" game or even a "B" game for that matter

Actually he played vs montreal after getting hit in the throat and got a shutout!!

also i play lacrosse and go to alot of WLL (western lacrosse League) wich is what the pros play in because its the opposite time of year the NLL (national lacrosse leauge) It is the best sport on earth and one of the reasons his because of all the hitting and all the goals that are scored!! and the players are hella tough!!
PS lacrosse is canadas national sport in case you didnt know!!

CANUCKS RULE!!

Edited by - Canucks Man on 01/31/2007 16:23:00
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  16:53:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

I still think Luongo, along with a lot of other goalies, is an idiot for not wearing the plastic throat guard. If you don't understand why I feel this way, watch this video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=dT4PenDwiPo

Get it now?

omg that is amazing that would be so painful

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page