Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Cammalleri Suspension or not? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Guest7886
( )

Posted - 10/08/2010 :  07:45:30  Reply with Quote
I'm amazed he got off so light. There's at least 2 suspendable infractions in that chain of events, both of them arguably deserving more than a 1 game ban, particularly the spear/highstick...

I still don't understand why the NHL doesn't implement something like a "minimum suspension is 5 games" rule. Make players/teams actually feel the sting of sitting a player for that long and then maybe these suspensions will actually have an effect. The 32k that Cammalleri loses out on is nothing but a slap on the wrist to him and the 1 game is completely inconsequential.

Once again, Campbell's decision is a complete joke.
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2010 :  21:31:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
here you go Fat Elvis you were right the following is a quote from an article on TSN.ca about the new rules on Blindside hits :

We've seen a couple of blindside hits, shoulder to shoulder, shoulder to chest, that are still legal," league disciplinarian Colin Campbell said. "I can't tell you that I've seen exactly a player who's tried to avoid it. Hopefully they are avoiding it."

so yes Shoulder to Shoulder is still legal i was mistaken, it stilll looked chippy to me, and its easy to portray Cammalleri as a coward in this as you so elegantly did with some well phrashed creative writing, its not for Cammy to drop first because this rookie wasn't going to drop, this kid should have droped when Cammalleri confronted period.

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

fat_elvis_rocked
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  02:02:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pasty7

here you go Fat Elvis you were right the following is a quote from an article on TSN.ca about the new rules on Blindside hits :

We've seen a couple of blindside hits, shoulder to shoulder, shoulder to chest, that are still legal," league disciplinarian Colin Campbell said. "I can't tell you that I've seen exactly a player who's tried to avoid it. Hopefully they are avoiding it."

so yes Shoulder to Shoulder is still legal i was mistaken, it stilll looked chippy to me, and its easy to portray Cammalleri as a coward in this as you so elegantly did with some well phrashed creative writing, its not for Cammy to drop first because this rookie wasn't going to drop, this kid should have droped when Cammalleri confronted period.

Pasty

Now Pasty, don't let your Cammalleri man-crush get in the way of your common sense. (I am joking)

My writing was not to paint Cammy a coward, the videos that you provided, speak for themselves, I only helped to clarify, albeit, elegantly, I agree.

You've lost me with the statement about who drops them first, is there a section in the rule book about that as well? If Cammy really wanted to beat the kid down for that clean check, why didn't he just throw em' down, borrow a ladder, and start pummeling the whelp, being the physical specimen of aggression and animosity that he is.

I know, let me try this one. He got caught in a embarrasing hit, thought, 'I'll show this punk motherf*cker who he's dealing with', realized, 'damn, I'm only 5'5", 125lbs, he's a big fella!".

He then continued his tantrum of terror by challenging? the rook to a fight? As I explained, I saw Niederreiter maliciously and dangerously(again, I embelish for your sake),shove him away, whence Cammy took a rather lady-like, yeah that's right, I said lady-like, poke at the rookies face, with his stick!!! Not a fist, not a glove, nothing to lead one to believe he was actually looking for a fight. The rookie looked to the ref, with a sort of confused, 'can the Munchkins actually do that here in Oz?', look, and once realizing that yes, yes they can, he decided to try and get back in to the game. The shenanigans that transpired after?, well I covered that before.

Now, where in that sequence was the cue, that it was up to Niederreiter, to drop the gloves first? Was it high-noon, and he wasn't the sherrif? Was it when someone whistled that spaghetti western gunfight whistle that made Eastwood famous? Was it when Cammy said "Draw, pardner"? Actually that could have been it, but Cammy was speaking into Niederreiter's navel, so I'm sure it was missed.

I argue that Niederreiter had no reason to fight, as he knew he threw a clean check, that and he was slightly scared of potential child abuse accusations.

Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  02:38:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
here let me discribe it as i see it, i've just watched three times again and my opinion has changed:

Cammalleri Takes offense to the blindside run Neiderrieter takes at him, Cammalleri later gets back on the play and hits Neideriter and says Something to him, Cammalleri than turns and is skateing away with his head being the only part of him faceing Neiderriter (still chriping at the rookie) Neiderreiter than throws a light cross check to the back of Cammalleri (who is skateing away still chriping) ,, Cammalleri turns and swipes his stick back at him (no stabbing motion by the way more of a high slashing motion) then the ref gets in between them. Neiderrieter trys to skate away Cammalleri pursues hitting him one more time, then returns the light crosscheck then the slash, (notice how i re told this whole sequnce without alludeing to my bias for one side or another your colourfull comentary allthough amusing is much like a lawyer useing this same tatic to make his client seem better and the opposition seem worse in the eyes of the jury)

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  03:54:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fat Elvis:
Your last comment was . . . . AWESOME!

Thanks for the morning laugh, nothing else to say. Oh wait, I have something to add:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH3bqxNiJSo
At the 0:12 mark is the "high slashing motion" towards the face of Neiderreiter (as described so lovingly by Pasty). Because it does come from the height of a vertically challenged fellow, it is coming at him from under his visor.

I could see it being described as closer to a slash than a spear - which is generally more of a stabbing motion by definition. But even if we accept it as a slash instead of a spear . . . it is to the face of the player.

Does that not warrant more than one game, Pasty?

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  04:11:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

Fat Elvis:
Your last comment was . . . . AWESOME!

Thanks for the morning laugh, nothing else to say. Oh wait, I have something to add:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH3bqxNiJSo
At the 0:12 mark is the "high slashing motion" towards the face of Neiderreiter (as described so lovingly by Pasty). Because it does come from the height of a vertically challenged fellow, it is coming at him from under his visor.

I could see it being described as closer to a slash than a spear - which is generally more of a stabbing motion by definition. But even if we accept it as a slash instead of a spear . . . it is to the face of the player.

Does that not warrant more than one game, Pasty?

Yess 100 % if he had made contact... and this sounds ridcoulous because to be honest, anytime someone swings his stick to another players face or head it should be met with drastic consequences (weather he hit him or not) this i can agree. I think the reason he only got one game was because it doesn't apear to hit Neiderrieter and what leads me to believe it didn't hit nino was because Neideirrieter himself only focused on the slash after the game and i think had he hit him he would have gotten the 5 games,,, but lets also remember this wasn't a visious swing at a players head like the Mcsorley incident.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  04:44:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let's leave out comparison's to McSorely's vicious swing (which if it didn't connect should have gotten more than 5 games as well), ok?

So, because it didn't connect perhaps (I actually think it might have slightly grazed him, from Niedereiter's small reaction and wipe of his own face for blood) the penalty should be less?

I just think that any clear action where a player is making a blatant high stick move to the face to injure should be dealt with very harshly . . . not only is it a flagrant violation, it is very dangerous.

Do you not agree, Pasty? How many games do YOU think Cammy should have gotten?

Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  08:46:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I think the reason he only got one game was because it doesn't apear to hit Neiderrieter

I think the only reason he got one game is because his name is "Cammarelli", and not "Cooke" or "Avery" or any other number of lower profile players.

I agree with Slozo - any motion of a stick to the head, whether contact is made or not, should be dealt with harshly.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  10:53:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He got one game for not hitting the guy??

Is that not enough??

Seriously, we must all be really hockey starved to be spending so much time on this. Let's talk about Eberle!!!

Go to Top of Page

fat_elvis_rocked
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  11:07:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pasty, do you really think I would have put up such 'colorful commentary', had I not repeatedly also, reviewed the videos? You choose to see things in your way, which by the way, sounds more like personal bias, than my analysis, as I mean, really Cammy really IS a wee man! That's fact!

You are making assumptions regarding my bias, I never once stated I didn't like Cammalleri, or had any particular opinion about Niederreiter. I explained the sequence of events from my perspective, from the videos you so graciouisly provided.

Again, I'll disseminate what actually happens versus what you are seeing.

quote:

here let me discribe it as i see it, i've just watched three times again and my opinion has changed:
Cammalleri Takes offense to the blindside run Neiderrieter takes at him,

He took offence because he got caught dangling, and the hit as you admitted, was legal, stop the lawyer talk about it being a 'blindside run'

Cammalleri later gets back on the play and hits Neideriter and says Something to him,

You left out the fact, that the 'hit' Cammy threw had about three potential infractions in it, as I already mentioned earlier.

Cammalleri than turns and is skateing away with his head being the only part of him faceing Neiderriter (still chriping at the rookie)

Sounds like a scene from 'The Exorcist on Ice', I wonder if Laraque will be in thnis Ice Capade too.

Neiderreiter than throws a light cross check to the back of Cammalleri (who is skateing away still chriping) ,,

Okay, not what I saw, I thought Cammy was shoved on the arm from the side, but it could have just seemed that way as his head was apparently on backwards(see above)

Cammalleri turns and swipes his stick back at him (no stabbing motion by the way more of a high slashing motion) then the ref gets in between them.

You make it sound like he's using a baby wipe on the excremental *ss of a toddler, I prefer my 'lady-like', description I used earlier. Another infraction that he got away with either way.

Neiderrieter trys to skate away Cammalleri pursues hitting him one more time, then returns the light crosscheck then the slash,

I saw no secondary cross check from Niederreiter, only Cammy chasing him around, like that little Taco Bell chihauhau after a burrito, and nice of you to downplay the reason for this whole thread by smiply calling it 'the slash'.

(notice how i re told this whole sequnce without alludeing to my bias for one side or another your colourfull comentary allthough amusing is much like a lawyer useing this same tatic to make his client seem better and the opposition seem worse in the eyes of the jury)

By mentioning you are not alluding to your bias, you are actually drawing more attention to it, as I stated facts based on video evidence, whereas you imply I used colorful commentary and lawyerspeak. I'm not trying to get Cammy sent to the Big House, I simply appreciate factual analysis, when a video is presented for review.

Cammy did not respond correctly, legally in the confines of the NHL, or justifiably. That's fact, he's got the benchwarmer's *ss to prove it.

Fat Elvis Rocked.

[b]Pasty[b]

Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  18:22:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fat_elvis_rocked

Pasty, do you really think I would have put up such 'colorful commentary', had I not repeatedly also, reviewed the videos? You choose to see things in your way, which by the way, sounds more like personal bias, than my analysis, as I mean, really Cammy really IS a wee man! That's fact!

You are making assumptions regarding my bias, I never once stated I didn't like Cammalleri, or had any particular opinion about Niederreiter. I explained the sequence of events from my perspective, from the videos you so graciouisly provided.

Again, I'll disseminate what actually happens versus what you are seeing.

quote:

Cammalleri Takes offense to the blindside run Neiderrieter takes at him,

He took offence because he got caught dangling, and the hit as you admitted, was legal, stop the lawyer talk about it being a 'blindside run'

Cammalleri later gets back on the play and hits Neideriter and says Something to him,

You left out the fact, that the 'hit' Cammy threw had about three potential infractions in it, as I already mentioned earlier.

Cammalleri than turns and is skateing away with his head being the only part of him faceing Neiderriter (still chriping at the rookie)

Sounds like a scene from 'The Exorcist on Ice', I wonder if Laraque will be in thnis Ice Capade too.

Neiderreiter than throws a light cross check to the back of Cammalleri (who is skateing away still chriping) ,,

Okay, not what I saw, I thought Cammy was shoved on the arm from the side, but it could have just seemed that way as his head was apparently on backwards(see above)

Cammalleri turns and swipes his stick back at him (no stabbing motion by the way more of a high slashing motion) then the ref gets in between them.

You make it sound like he's using a baby wipe on the excremental *ss of a toddler, I prefer my 'lady-like', description I used earlier. Another infraction that he got away with either way.

Neiderrieter trys to skate away Cammalleri pursues hitting him one more time, then returns the light crosscheck then the slash,

I saw no secondary cross check from Niederreiter, only Cammy chasing him around, like that little Taco Bell chihauhau after a burrito, and nice of you to downplay the reason for this whole thread by smiply calling it 'the slash'.

(notice how i re told this whole sequnce without alludeing to my bias for one side or another your colourfull comentary allthough amusing is much like a lawyer useing this same tatic to make his client seem better and the opposition seem worse in the eyes of the jury)

By mentioning you are not alluding to your bias, you are actually drawing more attention to it, as I stated facts based on video evidence, whereas you imply I used colorful commentary and lawyerspeak. I'm not trying to get Cammy sent to the Big House, I simply appreciate factual analysis, when a video is presented for review.

Cammy did not respond correctly, legally in the confines of the NHL, or justifiably. That's fact, he's got the benchwarmer's *ss to prove it.

Fat Elvis Rocked.

[b]Pasty[b]

you keep saying the word Factual.. explain to me exactly what is Factual about your opinion,,, not very much in my opinion, so what makes your opinion more factual than mine? because you refer constantly to Cammalleri's height?

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

fat_elvis_rocked
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2010 :  02:09:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My opinion can't be fact, otherwise it's not an opinion. The facts I use, simply enforce my opinion when it's being debated. It's my opinion granted, but there is significant video evidence supporting it. It doesn't matter how many times you spin it, I gave facts to support my opinion.

Facts;

- Niederreiter's initial hit was legal, shoulder to shoulder
- Cammalleri's return hit in the next sequence was clearly high, his hands, and stick were above his shoulders, the video shows that clearly.
- Niederreiter did push Cammalleri away with a cross check, on the arm, again the video shows that clearly
- Cammalleri did take a swipe/slash/spear/poke with his stick in the vicinity of Niederreiter's face
- Cammalleri did slash Niederreiter, from behind.

These are indisputable facts, that the videos clearly show, there shouldn't be any argument there.

These facts support my opinions, I do not touch on heresay, I do not touch on what was said in an verbality they may have had, I do not bring Cammalleri's character or history in to play, although I did make light of his size, it in no way detracted from the explanation of my opinion.

I simply took the antagonist's role in debating your opinion, and I backed up my debate with facts, it doesn't matter how much you repeat the version through rouge, blanc et blu, glasses, the facts are what they are.

You chose to look for reasons to condone what transpired, I chose not to. Simple as that.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page