Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Eberle's goal Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2338 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2010 :  01:40:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
At the end of the season will Jordan Eberle's ridiculous first NHL goal stand up to be the goal of the year ?

Choices:

Yes
No

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2338 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2010 :  01:48:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The goal was scored in his first NHL game in a 4-0 Edmonton Oiler victory over the Calgary Flames on October 7th, 2010.

You can see the goal here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKRIcXbqe2w
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2010 :  06:21:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I said no.
The goal was fantastic and very impressive. For
him. The skilled vets and people who can do that no problem will score many t-drag goals like that. Ya he hopped over a stick, that was kinda nice, but I think that if this will be the goal of the year, we don't have a lot more to look forward to This year !!
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2010 :  08:10:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
NO! It will not be goal of the year, BUT, it was pretty frickin sick! Taking into consideration his age, the fact it was his first game, etc, it could be in the argument but i think some other players such as a guy named Ovechkin might have something to say about "goal of the year" before the season's out!

Don't get me wrong, Eberle's was awesome! Beans, i hope you had a good view of that one! He may not be the fastest guy, but with moves like that, this kid's likely to be a real keeper!
Go to Top of Page

Guest5806
( )

Posted - 10/08/2010 :  09:38:43  Reply with Quote
nobody can say. It was better than most of the top goals last year though
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2010 :  09:52:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had an excellent view of that goal. Watching it developing from the neutral zone. Don't forget, that was a short handed goal too!!

It really was sick. The place absolutely exploded. There is definitely a buzz in this City.

Eberle last night impressed me a ton. Granted, it one hockey game, but for his first NHL game the kid was clutch. Quite simply the smartest hockey player on the ice last night, which is saying a lot with the likes of Iginla and Bouwmeester in the mix. Eberle's passes were excellent, smart defensive (played #1 PK minutes) and really didn't make any mistakes. He is proof that a guy that is smart can play the game under-sized and without blazing speed.

Again, very early but I am super impressed. Hall was solid too. Made a couple of moves on Bouwmeester that were awesome. He's got the chops as well. Pajaarvi was not very sharp last night, nor was Foster. Khabibulin was brilliant.

If the Oilers play like that even 60% of the time this season they are going to be a very hard team to play against.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2010 :  21:15:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For anyone who missed it, great tongue in cheek TSN story involving the Oilers and talking about Eberle's goal.

Something I would have never expected to see if Quinn was still involved.

http://watch.tsn.ca/featured/#clip358537
Go to Top of Page

polishexpress
PickupHockey Pro

525 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2010 :  21:52:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My response to the video link you gave Beans:
Go to Top of Page

fat_elvis_rocked
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  01:28:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's frickin' classic!!

Nice to see some humour, and smart humour at that!!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  12:35:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was a nice dangle, especially for his first goal ever in the NHL. I thought the pass to him to create the chance was also pretty amazing though.

The TSN farcical story was a real nice touch . . . I like how Hall played it. Kid's got personality.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  14:12:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Loved Vandermeer's comments the most! Truly was a great bank pass! Best part though was def Eberle cracking up as we faded to black!

Awesome vid Beans!
Go to Top of Page

Utemin
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
451 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2010 :  23:22:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The entertainment of this goal was that the NHL had a new potential 100 point reciever. Eberle did something that happens 2-3 times a year the NHL will look for something that kids are going to look at and say I want to play hockey so I can do that move!

The Monkey is me
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page