Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Boston-Edmonton Rumor Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2007 :  19:27:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ryan Smyth Bleeds Oil, i bet even if he does get traded he will be back with the oilers next year

CANUCKS RULE!!
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2007 :  07:33:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kevin Lowe and MacT will get run out of town if they do not re-sign Smyth. And why would you trade Smith and Smyth for a guy like Ryder who get's less than 65 points a game and a D-Man who is a UFA this summer and has publicly said he wants to play on the West coast to be close to his daughter?

Besides, Smyth alone is worth Souray and Ryder. Why throw in Smith??

I did hear a rumor: Horcoff to Montreal for Samsanov and Rivet. I see that happening well before the one proposed with Smith and Smyth.

And the Oilers are junk?? Sure, they are not playing well and will fight to get into the playoffs. But before you make a comment like Calgary is a powerhouse. Look at thier 4 game losing streak and loses to Columbus and Chicago since those trades that made them better. The "Junk" Oilers are only 3 games out right now. That can change in a week. The Oilers playoffs rest on thier current 7 game road trip. If they can streak and win 4-5 games and Calgary lose a couple, then it will be Calgary on the outside looking in.
Go to Top of Page

Guest1418
( )

Posted - 02/13/2007 :  19:38:41  Reply with Quote
the oilers are lame flames all the way
cant stop the fire
oilers how did they do against the bruins without primeau and stuart no surprise they lost

ryan smyth wil be gone
as a flames fan in edmonton all i have to say is FLAMES FOR CUP
Go to Top of Page

Guest8058
( )

Posted - 02/13/2007 :  20:27:59  Reply with Quote
YEAH OILERS SUCK IF THEY LOSE TO BOSTON DETROIT IS THE BEST TEAM EVER

lol Q>H
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2007 :  05:39:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Detroit lost to Philly...they must suck even more by your logic.

Just because a team loses to a struggling team doesn't mean they suck. The Sabres lost to the Blue Jackets and they're first in the league. Every team has its good days and its bad days.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2893
( )

Posted - 02/14/2007 :  09:50:56  Reply with Quote
Just a quick comment on the Raffi Torres haters who see him as expendable. If you ever want to beat the Vancouver Canucks again, I suggest holding on to him. I can't think of the last Vancouver/Edmonton game where the Oilers would have had a chance had it not been for Raffi Torres. Where he comes in to play is when the opposing team has a defense that is far too superiour for lines 1 and 2 on the opposing team. Torres is a game changer when playing on a 3rd line. You should think $1 million per year is a steal considering the guy probably single handedly wins about 6 games a year for you. That includes counting the games where he shows up as a 3rd liner who will hit no matter what and put a scare into the defense of the opposing team. He knows how to play the game, and you would see a huge hole in the lineup without his presence. If you are going to trade anybody away, make it Lupul...whatever you do, don't get rid of Pisani, as if you ever make the playoffs again, you will need his outstanding playoff performance.
Go to Top of Page

tctitans
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
931 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2007 :  11:21:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't worry Oilers fans.. Sutter made his first inept and bonehead move to protect you from this constant underachiever.

Sutter? What were you thinking? *DOH* !
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2007 :  15:54:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And to the "Guest" who thinks we are Torres haters, give your head a shake. He is barely a 3rd line player and for every good hit or goal he scores he gives the puck away for a goal and takes a stupid penalty. He's crap on the power play (1 goal this year) and can't fight penalties. There are 170 players in the league with more points than him. You can find a guy that can hit for league minimum. He does not change the game often enough to matter. We only play Vancouver 8 times a year. So what does he do for the other 74 games??

Next you're going to tell me that Bergeron is a good defenceman, right???
Go to Top of Page

the hockey guy
Rookie

Canada
135 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2007 :  07:28:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6836

and a 1 million dollar 40 point defenceman isnt half bad at all

Is there any that you know of?
Go to Top of Page

the hockey guy
Rookie

Canada
135 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2007 :  07:36:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2981

jason smith is the heart and soul of this team you cant trade your captain ...

That is sooo untrue! Jason Smith is definatly not the heart and soul of the team. Every oilers fan would agree with me when i say that ryan smyth carries the team and is definatley the heart and soul of the team. And you can trade your captain. Many teams have done it and a good example right now is the philly and nashville trade. Forsberg wore the "C" and was traded!
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2007 :  08:32:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone remember Joe Thornton?
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2007 :  08:35:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest1418

the oilers are lame flames all the way
cant stop the fire

Apparently an Avalanche can
Go to Top of Page

lyall
PickupHockey Pro

360 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2007 :  12:08:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8058

lol Q>H

Uhh, Isn't this "Boston-Edmonton Rumors" a Trade forum, not a Trash Talk Forum?
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2007 :  12:36:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2893

Just a quick comment on the Raffi Torres haters who see him as expendable. If you ever want to beat the Vancouver Canucks again, I suggest holding on to him. I can't think of the last Vancouver/Edmonton game where the Oilers would have had a chance had it not been for Raffi Torres. Where he comes in to play is when the opposing team has a defense that is far too superiour for lines 1 and 2 on the opposing team. Torres is a game changer when playing on a 3rd line. You should think $1 million per year is a steal considering the guy probably single handedly wins about 6 games a year for you. That includes counting the games where he shows up as a 3rd liner who will hit no matter what and put a scare into the defense of the opposing team. He knows how to play the game, and you would see a huge hole in the lineup without his presence. If you are going to trade anybody away, make it Lupul...whatever you do, don't get rid of Pisani, as if you ever make the playoffs again, you will need his outstanding playoff performance.

The last time the Canucks played the Oilers torres lost the game all by himself, he put his team down 2 men not once but TWICE!!! and the canucks capitalized on both of the 5-on-3s

CANUCKS RULE!!
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2007 :  12:00:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Exactly Canucks Man, that's my point. He does more hurt than help.

Now that Bergeron is gone, Torres is the next to go!!!!

I can hope anyway.
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2007 :  12:26:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope ur wrong beans, i hate the oilers and there trading away there players who f*** up games for them, torres so common sense, bergeron does not no what team to pass to

CANUCKS RULE!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest2895
( )

Posted - 02/21/2007 :  11:40:49  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Canucks Man

The last time the Canucks played the Oilers torres lost the game all by himself, he put his team down 2 men not once but TWICE!!! and the canucks capitalized on both of the 5-on-3s

CANUCKS RULE!!

I think you have Craig Mactavish to blame for the 2nd 5-3 powerplay...i believe it was he who took the bench penalty to cause that one. Torres may have taken a couple penalties, but one was necessary as it saved a major scoring opportunity. Sure the other was a touch bonehead, but there is a reason Edmonton has a defensive team...it's to hold opponents using their 86+ % penalty kill. The fact that you would hold the game on his shoulders wows me. How about holding Hemsky liable for trying ever so fancily to dangle through the canucks defense only to have the puck stripped from him just to force Torres to take that penalty.

You know who the real goat is in Edmonton? Ales Hemsky. I have seen that guy make play after play with which the defense has no answer for. The problem is he can get by each player only twice before he loses the puck trying to get through the same players for the 3rd time on the same drive. All he does is hold the puck and dangle. Learn to pass to your team or to shoot. Beat a player once, don't go back to show him up again. It will bite you in the back.

I do recall quite the scenario in Ottawa last night. Highlight reel stuff in OT (circling the net twice while illuding players over and over again) only to decide he was in too good of a shooting position to let fire. Another one bites the dust. The whole team needs to be traded. Including Smyth for a pick and prospect. But Smyth will resign in the offseason since he is their heart and soul.
Go to Top of Page

Guest0137
( )

Posted - 02/21/2007 :  12:50:41  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8058

lol Q>H

Not to trash talk, but technically, Montreal is the best team ever.
24 Cups. That's all there is to say.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2895
( )

Posted - 02/21/2007 :  12:57:22  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0137

Not to trash talk, but technically, Montreal is the best team ever.
24 Cups. That's all there is to say.

I would call them the smartest team when there was only 5 other teams to compete against. The knew how to draft back then. As the NHL has progressed and teams have entered the market, I would beg to differ that Montreal is the best team ever, however, since there are other teams that would have had the same success if they played those same NHL seasons
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2007 :  16:51:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hemsky's a goat?? One play he circles the net twice in Ottawa and he's a goat?? Learn to pass?? He's tied for 13th in the league for assists?? And he's only 24 years old.

Goat, wow.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page