Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Toronto
 Sundin for.... Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest7897
( )

Posted - 01/28/2007 :  06:21:55  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
who do you think the leafs should trade sundin for

Choices:

forsberg
kariya
savard
chara
gagne

Edited by - bablaboushka on 01/28/2007 16:36:50

-oil-country-
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
988 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2007 :  09:08:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i don't think the leafs will trade Sundin but if they do i bet Forsberg is the only one who they could get on that list.
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2007 :  09:18:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sundin's contract is pretty steep for some teams. Forsberg is alot less effective then Sundin is at this point.

~You play to win the Game~ Herm Edwards
Go to Top of Page

lyall
PickupHockey Pro

360 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2007 :  09:19:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why Chara? I Don't think the Leafs need another defenceman.
Go to Top of Page

KariyaSelanne
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
297 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2007 :  09:36:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ya no kidding why would they trade Kariya or Chara for Sundin?

Go Preds Go!!!
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2007 :  16:36:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This should be in the Toronto forum.

Changed.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6836
( )

Posted - 01/28/2007 :  20:07:10  Reply with Quote
Sundin is the heart an soul of the leafs, hes not going anywhere. Besides Gagne isn't very good, they dont need another defenceman, Forseberg is a liability and Karyia isnt worth making the move. Savard seems to be the only player worth it and I highly doubt that trade would ever happen
Go to Top of Page

Guest8985
( )

Posted - 01/28/2007 :  20:43:31  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6836

Sundin is the heart an soul of the leafs, hes not going anywhere. Besides Gagne isn't very good, they dont need another defenceman, Forseberg is a liability and Karyia isnt worth making the move. Savard seems to be the only player worth it and I highly doubt that trade would ever happen

how is Kariya not worth making the move he has 56 points and is +14 and Sundin only has 43 and is -5
Go to Top of Page

Guest8985
( )

Posted - 01/28/2007 :  20:46:08  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8985

quote:
Originally posted by Guest6836

how is Kariya not worth making the move he has 56 points and is +14 and Sundin only has 43 and is -5

that was me sorry forgot to login.
Go to Top of Page

-oil-country-
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
988 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2007 :  20:47:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what the heck im 8985 i logged in the 2nd time
Go to Top of Page

Guest6836
( )

Posted - 01/29/2007 :  04:54:49  Reply with Quote
Sundin has 8 less games and is on the leafs. That should clear up the points and the plus minus issue.
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
338 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2007 :  07:08:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

how can you say gange isnt good

Go Leafs Go
Go to Top of Page

jbraiter
PickupHockey Pro

577 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2007 :  08:20:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
JFJ is so stupid he might ask sundin for a 6 year contract extension
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2007 :  12:22:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the only reasonable player up there is Gagne.

~~~~~COME ON STARS, LETS BRING IT HOME~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

Buddyno2000
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
606 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2007 :  12:53:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are we in an EA sports game or what? Is it working with overall and everything or what? Not even gonna answer questions like these cause why would the Leafs trade a star for another if they ever trade Sundin its gonna be for prospects. And even there its not gonna happen soon. Unless I've missed some article or something in the Hockey news that I should have seen.

Go leafs Go by the way
Go to Top of Page

Patchy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
529 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2007 :  14:45:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd rather have Sundin than any of these players, so I hope he stays in TO.

~~Go Leafs Go~~
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  05:37:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nobody is trying to sign Sundin, he will be a Leaf for Life

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
Go to Top of Page

BigShow
Rookie

177 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  06:42:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The only player on the list even close to Sundin's value is Forsberg, and only then because he can't be relied on to play every night. All of the other players far outweigh Sundin in overall value, and value for dollars.
Go to Top of Page

Leafs Rock Planet
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  15:47:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No way the leafs are even going to think about trading Sundin.He is the heart and soul of the team and will re-sign with the leafs next season.

Leafs 4 Playoffs!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest2898
( )

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  16:16:50  Reply with Quote
Leafs won't trade Sundin, nor do any other team's want him
Go to Top of Page

ED11
Rookie

Canada
224 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  16:46:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I completely disagree with the people that said that Sundin won't be traded. He will be traded. He hasn't won a cup and lets face it he won't if he stays in Toronto. They will trade him to a stanley cup contending team in the next couple of years much like Boston did with Ray Bourque.
Go to Top of Page

preds-fan
Top Prospect

Canada
13 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2007 :  09:21:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As good as Sundin has been for Toronto, I really believe it's time for him to go while you can still get reasonable value in return. I doubt very much Kariya will be going anywhere.

Forsberg is a question mark. He can still be a force if he stays healthy and Nashville probably won't try to resign him. It's been rumoured that, if the offer came, he MIGHT consider Philly again, but again, it's a rumour.

Chara. Why? Unless you get rid of McCabe. (but that's another contract mistake)

You might be able to get a couple of utility players but not a star from another team anymore. That time has passed. That's not a slight against Sundin...just the truth. What's wrong with building with prospects and youth? Other teams do it.

Hey, it's been this long without a cup in Toronto so what's another couple of years for development?

To hell with summer...DROP THE PUCK!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4948
( )

Posted - 04/19/2007 :  09:34:43  Reply with Quote
First I think the comment from Novi saying that tucker is a douche ....... well he's obviously a f**! Tucker has the biggest true heart on the leafs and Sundin is the leader for life! Give him players that can produce and you'll see what Mats can really do. No trade will occure and if we get rid of Antropost and ponakaroffhisgame we could look alot better next season. Look at their stats compared to the twins sisters in vancouver or Spezza and heatly and Alfy. Who does Mats have............. The nation!
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2007 :  11:26:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4948

First I think the comment from Novi saying that tucker is a douche ....... well he's obviously a f**! Tucker has the biggest true heart on the leafs and Sundin is the leader for life! Give him players that can produce and you'll see what Mats can really do. No trade will occure and if we get rid of Antropost and ponakaroffhisgame we could look alot better next season. Look at their stats compared to the twins sisters in vancouver or Spezza and heatly and Alfy. Who does Mats have............. The nation!

Nice of you to show up here and trash a guy who puts meaningful posts on this site. Mats has the nation?? It is fans like you that make the rest of Canada hate the Leafs. And Tucker??? I would take half of Ryan Smyth's heart up against Tucker any day of the week.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4948
( )

Posted - 04/19/2007 :  13:42:23  Reply with Quote
This is for another non-leaf fan I guess ( Beans 15 ). My name is the Nation first of all. Second why didn't you comment on what I said about if Mats had guys to play with? No, instead you jump on me for saying that I beleive in the leafs and Tucker......... It's half-asses like you who don't stay true to our beloved Mapleleafs, But it's ok to call Darcy a douche right? Give your head a shake dip-s***!

YOU DON"T KNOW s*** FROM GOOD CHOCOLATE!

FROM THE NATION! TRUE BLUE BABY!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4948
( )

Posted - 04/19/2007 :  14:22:53  Reply with Quote
Wow I forgot to say to Beans 15, Ryan smyth for Tucker...are you crazy? Do you even watch hockey? Wow you must be a ban-wagon fan for any team that makes it past the second round! Now, I'm not saying Ryan Smith isn't good cause he was the Oilers but Tucker is similar to a young Killer! All heart. from The Nation.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2007 :  15:53:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK NATION, first of all, you will see from any post on here that I am the furthest thing from a band-wagon jumper. Secondly, if you want me to ask you why Sundin has not been able to do anything with players like: Andrychuk, Gilmour, Gartner, Murphy, Muller, W. Clark, Schneider, S.Thomas, Roberts, Corson, Mogilny, or Nieuwendyk I will. Do you really want to try answer how Toronto has only made it out of the 2nd round twice in the 12 years that Sundin has been in Toronto??

And Tucker for Smyth?? I really doubt many hockey fans out there would think they got the better part of that deal with Tucker. Tucker has heart and has grit, but not even close to Smyth. And I must not watch hockey?? I know for a fact I watched Smyth spit out 4 of his team after getting hit in the face with a puck and not miss a shift. I also watched that same guy in the all-star game skate to the other end of the ice to get a puck and handed it to Phaneuf, who plays for his biggest rival at the time, for a keepsake for his first all-star goal. Smyth has heart and class. Tucker has some grit.

Any why the hell would I stay true to the Leafs when I am in Edmonton?? Who in their right mind outside of Toronto would cheer for a team that has not won a thing in 40 years. 40 YEARS!!! Wow, you keep on stayin' true pal. Fight the good fight.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2007 :  16:10:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Enough personal jousts guys, stay on topic.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4727
( )

Posted - 04/26/2007 :  17:32:21  Reply with Quote
i think sundin might stay 4 next year i think jfj or som1 else will keep him because most fans want him 2 stay ps.i am leaf fan101s brother
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2007 :  05:22:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4948

Wow I forgot to say to Beans 15, Ryan smyth for Tucker...are you crazy? Do you even watch hockey? Wow you must be a ban-wagon fan for any team that makes it past the second round!

What's a ban-wagon? Is that like when you get a bunch of things people hate (fur, guns, energy inefficient cars, leafs fans) and put them all on a wagon? Do you throw the wagon over a cliff then?

I would pay to see this ban-wagon you speak of....where and when?

As for Tucker being a douche....I stand by it, and I know I have at least 15 million Candaians backing me up on it. And it's my signature, so get used to it!

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche

Edited by - Novie on 04/27/2007 05:22:38
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page