Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Toronto
 The Leafs Legacy Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

manninm
PickupHockey Pro

USA
347 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2007 :  13:01:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Growing up a hop, skip, and a jump away from Toronto, I feel a bit of attachment to the Toronto Maple Leafs organization. It kinda makes me sad that an organization centered in the hub of hockey has fallen on such hard times. And it's been this way for a while, and will continue until the Leafs can truly commit themselves to change. It seems as though an entire overhaul is necessary for the team to start succeeding, and this extends from the players, to the coaching staff, and especially management.

Now, maybe things will change, or things are already changing. But I think all Leafs fans have the right to be skeptical. Past experience has told us that Toronto can put together competitive teams at best. They haven't had a cup contender in 40 years. This will change as soon as ownership and management commit themselves to winning.

Leafs Rock Planet
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2007 :  15:16:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the management really needs to be changed. Starting with JFJ.

Always next year!!
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2007 :  15:20:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
JFJ needs to go. Lock j=him in a box and throw away the key so that he goes to Tanzania, I don't care just get him out. The Leafs also need to build and focus more on young players then washed up has beens. But they have put together quite a few competitive teams, so I'm not that worried.

When life gives you lemons throw them at the Ottawa Senators and their fans and hope it gets them in the eyes ;)
Go to Top of Page

juice32
Rookie

Canada
100 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2007 :  05:36:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I've only got 1 thing to say about changing the Leafs losing ways:
John Fergusen Junior
Until he goes, the Leafs will continue to scratch at the 8th playoff spot.
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2007 :  05:44:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leafsfan_101

JFJ needs to go. Lock him in a box and throw away the key so that he goes to Tanzania, I don't care just get him out. The Leafs also need to build and focus more on young players then washed up has beens. But they have put together quite a few competitive teams, so I'm not that worried.

I agree with everything you said LF (Except the Tanzia part) JFJF must go. That is a givin but you are right on the focusing on the young players. I'm not saying that you should get rid of all player over 40, you just need to pick up some young players to give a boost to your team.

~~~~~COME ON STARS, LETS BRING IT HOME~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

manninm
PickupHockey Pro

USA
347 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2007 :  05:58:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think there's some young talent there, but there needs to be more. Buffalo is proving that to be successful, you need young talent waiting in the wings to step up when you have injuries and then eventually to take the roster spots of those who leave in free agency. Turnover is a mjaor thing now with the salary cap - teams will never have the dynastic feel of the 70's Habs, the 80's Oilers..because teams cores will shift from year to year.

Now, it looks like the Leafs are starting to realize this, but they certainly need to keep progressing forward. Guys like Pohl and Wellwood have done just that - come in and succeeded. But there needs to be more.
Go to Top of Page

cujofan31
Top Prospect

Canada
6 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2007 :  06:37:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree. Change is definitly needed. My feeling is that the Leafs need to do what the Raptors did. They need a GM who is confident enough to tell MLSE that in order to be successful, they need full control managing the team and to let them do what they're hired to do. I don't think JFJ has that confidence.

Not much can be done about the money being forked over to McCabe, Kabina, Gill, Tucker etc. now. Face it. Regardless if they move them, the Leafs are still stuck with those salaries, so we're stuck. I can't see that Mats Sundin will be back. Where will the money that he should be making as the leader of the team come from? This may pave the way for one of the young guys to step up and show some leadership in the dressing room and become the next captain. The young guys will definitly step it up in the next coming years since we're now starting to see that improvement and skill level increasing.

It's going to take some time, but I really feel that the Leafs will get to that point where we see the Sabres are now. Remember, it was a grueling road for the Sabres before they got to this point. We may have to be patient...for a little longer. But when that time comes, won't it be sweet!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page