Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Toronto
 leafs going to make playoffs? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

PuckNuts
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2414 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  06:54:58  Show Profile
Last night was a must win, and they did it in fashion. Now if Carolina is down after that game and they loose to Philadelphia tonight, the Leafs chances will increase.
There are still 12 points available for the teams in the hunt, so you really can't count any of them out, but I think the Leafs will prevail...

I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy…
Go to Top of Page

Buddyno2000
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
606 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  19:49:57  Show Profile
And YESSSS Carolina did loose tonight 4-1 Flyers

Go leafs Go by the way

Edited by - Buddyno2000 on 03/28/2007 19:50:17
Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  20:30:28  Show Profile
The Leafs will not make it into the playoffs and if somehow they do there out the first round because they don't have a good enough team and incosistent goaltending.
Go to Top of Page

ED11
Rookie

Canada
224 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  20:34:45  Show Profile
I'm gonna have to correct you Buddy, it was 5-1 Flyers, haha. And I think that their fate is in their hands now. No relying on teams to lose and all this nonsense...the teams they have left to play are all looking to get the 8th spot. Except Atlanta(they are actually in a bit of trouble as well if they don't look out), and Pittsburgh. But everone else is looking for that 8th spot but I think the Leafs will do it this year

Edited by - ED11 on 03/28/2007 20:35:33
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2007 :  05:09:57  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by ED11

I'm gonna have to correct you Buddy, it was 5-1 Flyers, haha. And I think that their fate is in their hands now. No relying on teams to lose and all this nonsense...the teams they have left to play are all looking to get the 8th spot. Except Atlanta(they are actually in a bit of trouble as well if they don't look out), and Pittsburgh. But everone else is looking for that 8th spot but I think the Leafs will do it this year

I bet on Sid and Malkin to end the Leafs playoff hopes, officialy!

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
Go to Top of Page

Guest9017
( )

Posted - 03/29/2007 :  07:21:23
Leafs will make the playoffs because teams like carolina, islanders, tampa bay are on the downfall...everyone knows toronto is a playoff team and thats what there playing like right now to get into a spot...and there is a good chance that toronto will make it to the second round..because if they clinch 6th spot which is highly likely they will be playin the thrashers..and eveyrone knows how good the leafs are against the thrashers.....i beleive tornoto will finish 6th and make it to the second round..but i aint promising anything after that!!!!! ZGO LEAFS
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2007 :  08:12:32  Show Profile
So according to 9017 not being able to hold a 4-1 3rd period lead makes you a playoff team.
They wont make it, all the teams around them have more wins, and except for the Islanders way more OT losses.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Get The Towels Out Guys PLAYOFFS!!!
Go to Top of Page

Buddyno2000
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
606 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2007 :  10:16:18  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9017

Leafs will make the playoffs because teams like carolina, islanders, tampa bay are on the downfall...everyone knows toronto is a playoff team and thats what there playing like right now to get into a spot...and there is a good chance that toronto will make it to the second round..because if they clinch 6th spot which is highly likely they will be playin the thrashers..and eveyrone knows how good the leafs are against the thrashers.....i beleive tornoto will finish 6th and make it to the second round..but i aint promising anything after that!!!!! ZGO LEAFS

Hey the Leafs a Playoff team, I'm a big fan and even I didn't know that. And about the 6th spot, lets keep it real c'mom we are not even in the playoff yet so maybee we (the fans) should talk about IF the Leafs makes it.

Go leafs Go by the way

Edited by - Buddyno2000 on 03/29/2007 10:17:28
Go to Top of Page

juice32
Rookie

Canada
100 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2007 :  10:49:58  Show Profile

If the leafs do make the playoffs and they play Buffalo they will win.

The leafs sem to play well against the more offense orientated teams in the leauge like Buffalo. But, if they do make it past the first round theres not a chance in hell that they'll beat the Pens!!

Leafs Rule!!!..........Habs drool!!
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2007 :  11:32:03  Show Profile
It is going to be tough because Montreal is playing pretty well right now, but on the other hand....so is Toronto, so it will go down the last game for sure.

quote:
Originally posted by juice32

If the leafs do make the playoffs and they play Buffalo they will win.

The leafs sem to play well against the more offense orientated teams in the leauge like Buffalo. But, if they do make it past the first round theres not a chance in hell that they'll beat the Pens!!

Your absolutley right Juice. I have noticed that Toronto plays excellent when they play teams like Buffalo.

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~

Edited by - semin-rules on 03/29/2007 11:32:33
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2007 :  14:31:01  Show Profile
quote:

...and there is a good chance that toronto will make it to the second round..because if they clinch 6th spot which is highly likely they will be playin the thrashers..and eveyrone knows how good the leafs are against the thrashers

So much to say, so little room....

6th spot, eh? We have Leafs fans on here saying they may not make it, and 9017 is bringing new meaning to the word optimist by saying a 6 seed?!?!?!

TO's record against Atlanta:
Win 4-2
Lose 5-0
Lose 5-2
Game 4 tonight

Yeah, that's SPECTACULAR!

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2007 :  14:55:03  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by semin-rules

I have noticed that Toronto plays excellent when they play teams like Buffalo.

Yet they still lost 5 out of the 8 games they've played against the Sabres Even at their best they have a .375 win % against Buffalo.

Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2007 :  17:22:09  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

quote:
Originally posted by semin-rules

I have noticed that Toronto plays excellent when they play teams like Buffalo.

Yet they still lost 5 out of the 8 games they've played against the Sabres Even at their best they have a .375 win % against Buffalo.

Hahaha true but it just seems that they do good against good teams....

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2007 :  05:16:48  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Novie

quote:

...and there is a good chance that toronto will make it to the second round..because if they clinch 6th spot which is highly likely they will be playin the thrashers..and eveyrone knows how good the leafs are against the thrashers

So much to say, so little room....

6th spot, eh? We have Leafs fans on here saying they may not make it, and 9017 is bringing new meaning to the word optimist by saying a 6 seed?!?!?!

TO's record against Atlanta:
Win 4-2
Lose 5-0
Lose 5-2
Game 4 tonight

Yeah, that's SPECTACULAR!

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche

And they lose the 4th game in OT...so let's see....4 games, 3 points...yes, that is absolutely the definition of SPECTACULAR

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
338 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2007 :  05:31:29  Show Profile
only if a miracle will happen

Go Leafs Go

Edited by - leafsfan1 on 04/01/2007 05:31:47
Go to Top of Page

manninm
PickupHockey Pro

USA
347 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  08:58:48  Show Profile
I think it's gonna come down to Saturday night against the Habs. The leafs should get 4 points against Philly and the Isles, and if Montreal beats Boston and loses to the Rangers, which is likely, Carolina loses one of the next two, which is also likely, then it'll be Montreal-Toronto for all the marbles, which is a pretty sweet deal.
Go to Top of Page

Buddyno2000
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
606 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  18:53:06  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by leafsfan1

only if a miracle will happen

Go Leafs Go

Just like Mik, I do believe in miracle.

Go leafs Go by the way
Go to Top of Page

SlowShot
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
264 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  19:11:47  Show Profile
2-2 Toronto philly in overtime

Go LEAFS
Go to Top of Page

SlowShot
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
264 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  19:18:07  Show Profile
3-2! LEAFS agenst philly

Go LEAFS
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  19:19:08  Show Profile
Well c'mon, it's Philly. It's not that big of an accomplishment.
Go to Top of Page

ED11
Rookie

Canada
224 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  21:55:22  Show Profile
2 games left in the east for most teams. Leafs are 1 point out. Saturday nights game against Montreal will be stressful!!!
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  05:07:56  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

Well c'mon, it's Philly. It's not that big of an accomplishment.

That was the Leafs' '06-07 Stanley Cup...Philly went from an easy 2 points, to a stressed out Overtime victory.

My point? They're going to get CRIPPLED if they make it in

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
Go to Top of Page

Guest6930
( )

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  19:24:02
I agree that beating the worst team in the league on a powerplay in OT isn't really a parade worthy achievement. However they did get the win so they stay alive. While everyone is hyped up about Saturday's game against the Habs, keep in mind if Montreal gains one point on the Leafs Thursday night, it's over, the Habs are in and Saturday's game is meaningless. In my opinion if the Leafs do squeak in they'll be nothing but fodder for the Sabres; they're not as talented and Andrew Raycroft's goaltending is nowhere near playoff calibre. At my wildly optomisitc best I could see the Leafs winning one game in a series against the Sabres. As a Leaf fan, I think the best thing that can happen is for them to miss the playoffs, fire JFJ and replace him with someone competent who could finally get this team on the right track.
Go to Top of Page

Patchy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
529 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  19:31:40  Show Profile
guest, are you sure that you're a leafs fan??

~~Go Leafs Go~~
Go to Top of Page

Guest6930
( )

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  20:08:23
Yes I am. I don't feel being a fan means you have to be blind to reality. Andrew Raycroft is a mediocre goalie. Matt Stajan is not a top NHL prospect. Boyd Devereaux is not an integral part of a winning NHL team. John Pohl isn't a 90 point centre who slipped through the cracks. The fact that Mats Sundin has one goal in 18 games at the most important point of the season is cause for concern. JFJ seems totally out of his league as an NHL GM. Just because I'm a fan doesn't mean I can't see those things.
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2007 :  05:12:17  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6930

I agree that beating the worst team in the league on a powerplay in OT isn't really a parade worthy achievement.

the Habs are in and Saturday's game is meaningless.

In my opinion if the Leafs do squeak in they'll be nothing but fodder for the Sabres; they're not as talented and Andrew Raycroft's goaltending is nowhere near playoff calibre. At my wildly optomisitc best I could see the Leafs winning one game in a series against the Sabres.

As a Leaf fan, I think the best thing that can happen is for them to miss the playoffs, fire JFJ and replace him with someone competent who could finally get this team on the right track.

...but it's the only parade you'll be seeing for a while

...if Saturday's game becomes meaningless, I put money on Belak and Tucker running wild, trying to do anything to injure Habs players

....finally, a Leafs fan that, as he puts it, is not 'blind to reality'

....if they miss the playoffs, they're going to come back with the 'almost but not quite', 'we played ourselves out of contention', etc etc excuses, and JFJ will reign over them forever. if I know ONE thing about the Leafs, they will never give another team credit for playing well down the stretch, they will instead focus on themselves

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche

Edited by - Novie on 04/05/2007 05:12:53
Go to Top of Page

Patchy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
529 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2007 :  19:58:41  Show Profile
Guest I can just see now that you are one of the many leaf bandwagon jumpers, that we could do without. Once the leafs start doing poorly, you start to be negative like we'll never be contenders again and whining about JFJ as an excuse. But regardless of JFJ's bad decisions, the leafs have been hit with many injuries: Tucker, Wellwood, Peca... So who knows, we could be in 4th or 5th right now if we had stayed healthy. I do however, see the bad things with the leafs don't get me wrong, every team has them, but I think you bandwagon jumpers should quit whining about one or two poor seasons and stop pretending to be real leafs fans when they're on form, because you're not.

~~Go Leafs Go~~

Edited by - Patchy on 04/05/2007 20:32:25
Go to Top of Page

Buddyno2000
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
606 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2007 :  20:27:38  Show Profile
I still have hopes but next game will be deciding between watching baseball and hockey for me for the next weeks to come. That game against the Habs is a 3 period game, if the Leafs are not leading after those 3 thats it they are done. and I don't think I can afford being taken out of playoff by those Canadians 2 years in a row.

Go leafs Go by the way

Edited by - Buddyno2000 on 04/05/2007 20:30:34
Go to Top of Page

Guest6930
( )

Posted - 04/05/2007 :  20:44:52
quote:
Originally posted by Patchy

Guest I can just see now that you are one of the many leaf bandwagon jumpers, that we could do without. Once the leafs start doing poorly, you start to be negative like we'll never be contenders again and whining about JFJ as an excuse. But regardless of JFJ's bad decisions, the leafs have been hit with many injuries: Tucker, Wellwood, Peca... So who knows, we could be in 4th or 5th right now if we had stayed healthy. I do however, see the bad things with the leafs don't get me wrong, every team has them, but I think you bandwagon jumpers should quit whining about one or two poor seasons and stop pretending to be real leafs fans, because you're not.

~~Go Leafs Go~~

Patchy, I've probably been a Leaf fan longer than you've been alive, so to call me a bandwagon jumper is laughable. I was cheering wildly for every game during the Harold Ballard era, even though the Leafs were consistently a very bad team. If you are old enough to remember those days you know how bleak they were. With Tim Bernhardt in net, Gaston Gingras on defence and Jeff Brubaker at forward it wasn't a good team, but I was there every step of the way, explaining to all the naysayers how they were a legitimate contender and only bad luck was keeping them out of the playoffs. The amount of money I lost in betting on the Leafs during the eighties could probably have paid my way through university if I'd held on to it instead. Bandwagon jumper? Hardly.

Since I was once a lot like you ( the Leafs are the best, anyone who says otherwise is wrong), I won't take offense to your need to label me. If you can somehow look at the current Leaf roster and honestly say this is a contending team or will be soon, well, I admire your optomism because I just don't see it. This team needs a lot of work and I don't see any bright, top shelf prospects in the system, and I don't see where JFJ is doing anything to address these needs. What you apparently see as "whining" I feel is a valid criticism.

I guess the difference between the old me and the new me is that I'm starting to realize just how long 40 years is. I look at that, and I look at the current roster and management and I legitmately worry it could be another 40 years before a Leaf Cup win. I don't want that. That's why I say that I feel missing the playoffs, firing JFJ and starting over is the best thing that could happen. If you disagree, that's fine, but it doesn't make my viewpoint "whining" and it doesn't mean I'm not a fan.

There are points of view out there other than your own Patchy. Having one doesn't mean that I'm someone "we could do without". As I said disagree with me if you like, you're certainly entitled to, but to just dismiss my view as whining and say I'm not a fan is foolish. And to say I'm a bandwagon jumper, a man who once proudly proclaimed Allan Bester was the best goalie in the league, is just plain wrong.
Go to Top of Page

Leafs Rock Planet
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2007 :  04:50:44  Show Profile
Leafs will make the playoffs with a big win Saturday in regulation against Montreal

Leafs 4 Playoffs!!
Go to Top of Page

Saku Steen
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1102 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2007 :  06:03:39  Show Profile
It dosent look like they will now. Montreal will win on Saturday!
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
338 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2007 :  06:04:37  Show Profile
quote:
It dosent look like they will now. Montreal will win on Saturday!

you just said in another poll toronto will win

Go Leafs Go
Go to Top of Page

PuckNuts
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2414 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2007 :  13:00:00  Show Profile
Well they need a win against Montreal tonight in regulation, but the Islanders just beat Philadelphia, it may come down to the Islanders and Jersey on Sunday...

The best way to convince a fool that he is wrong is to let him have his own way...
Go to Top of Page

PuckNuts
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2414 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2007 :  19:33:51  Show Profile
Well so far we are in, I guess we will wait to see if Devils can beat the Islanders in a game that means nothing to them...

GO 's GO

The best way to convince a fool that he is wrong is to let him have his own way...

Edited by - PuckNuts on 04/07/2007 19:34:17
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2007 :  20:04:42  Show Profile
I gotta say it doesnt look to go for the leafs, Broduer isnt playing!!

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Get The Towels Out Guys PLAYOFFS!!!
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2007 :  20:12:51  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Canucks Man

I gotta say it doesnt look to go for the leafs, Broduer isnt playing!

That is good. I want the Islanders to win, any team can beat them.

Let's go Islanders!!!!!

~~~~~COME ON STARS, LETS BRING IT HOME~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

Patchy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
529 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2007 :  20:57:53  Show Profile
Guest, you're right that I didn't grow up in the 80's but that doesn't make you any more of a fan then I am. Secondly, a "bandwagon jumper" is a bit of an overstatement according to what you have told me, but like many leaf fans, you seem to be concentrating mainly on the negative aspects of our team and since I have no knowledge of your background as a fan etc, It's hard to tell if you're a real fan, or just a you-know-what. Lastly, if the Isles eliminate us tomorrow, don't come back with a silly post saying something like "I told you so..." Because I can do without it thanks.

~~Go Leafs Go~~
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2007 :  21:02:12  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by The_only_Odelein_fan

You can say what you want buddy but even without Huet, Habs are better than leafs so keep your arguments for yourself!

What is that you said. Eat your words Odelien Fan, we won WITH Huet in net.

Long Live Leafs Nation!!
Go to Top of Page

Saku Steen
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1102 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2007 :  04:52:04  Show Profile
[/quote]

What is that you said. Eat your words Odelien Fan, we won WITH Huet in net.

Long Live Leafs Nation!!
[/quote]

I wish Raycroft stayed in the net. Montreal would have won for sure.
Go to Top of Page

Leafs Rock Planet
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2007 :  07:29:03  Show Profile
But he didnt stay in net so they won

Leafs 4 Playoffs!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll