Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 How Many points will Marc Savard have this season? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest9733
( )

Posted - 11/29/2010 :  21:51:38  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
As title states, how many points do you think Marc Savard will have this season? And who will he play with on what line?

Choices:

Less than 30
31-40
41-50
51-60
61-70
71+

Awesome One
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
505 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2010 :  06:14:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I say he'll have 31-40 and play on a line with Lucic and Horton

There was once a license plate in Toronto that abbreviated "Go Leafs" it read "Golfs".
Go to Top of Page

ToXXiK1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
696 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2010 :  06:37:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This of course is a loaded question, as a return date hasn't been determined if it happens at all. That being said, if he was to return in mid Dec, with no ill effects, I could see him in the 41 and up range. Boston has to many guns at it's disposal for it not to happen. Ryder's resurgence, Horton's pace, Lucic back in form, Chara's cannon, Seguin? Wheeler could benefit large, Bergy would be in there. I just think if all is good, he can't help but be a force.
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2010 :  09:26:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll formulate an opinion when he actually suits up for a game
Go to Top of Page

Utemin
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
451 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  12:26:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't doubt that he can get 71+ points this season while playing a bit more then half the year. Horton and Lucic have proved to be beast. But my guess would be 31-40 it is the most likely.

The Monkey is me
Go to Top of Page

Yewcandoit
Rookie

Canada
115 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  20:06:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
51-60 is possible if he comes back before January.
Go to Top of Page

Utemin
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
451 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  20:10:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Yewcandoit

51-60 is possible if he comes back before January.

He is already back

Don't hate me because i'm Beautiful
Go to Top of Page

chef
Top Prospect

Canada
25 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2010 :  15:23:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He will be lucky to get a point before he gets injured again, Bandaid!
Go to Top of Page

Guest9884
( )

Posted - 12/04/2010 :  20:36:55  Reply with Quote
0. He, Andre Markov and Sheldon Souray will team up to open a mildly successful used car dealership. Their commercials will be awesome. Anyhow, what is Boston doing with their lines? Do you think the long term plan is to keep that first line together or get Savard in the middle?
Go to Top of Page

chef
Top Prospect

Canada
25 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2010 :  22:05:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bergeron,horton & lucic are playing solid ,it would be sad to disturb that chemistry however if savard is feeling good then lookout ! he could be leathal
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2010 :  10:17:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll tell you what - as a good-natured enemy of the Bruins faithful, from what I have seen, Bergeron is much better suited as a second line center. Savard is pure offense and playing with the two big guys would be perfect . . . Bergeron is a solid defensive center with offence to boot, put him up against the other team's top lines and for important face-offs. In the end, the difference in minutes would be pretty minimal I think.

My guess is Savard comes back after Christmas, and scores in the lower range of 31-40 points in 45 games. But as many here have stated, it really dependes on how he looks for the first few games to get a good guage of the situation.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2010 :  15:23:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
chef - Horton and Lucic are playing with Krejci, not Bergeron. And you're right, the Horton/Lucic/Krejci line have been lighting it up all year, they're a very good line.

Slozo - I think Savard is back now, no? He was playing last night. However, I agree that Bergeron is no first line centre, and is much better suited to second, or even 3rd line. With Savard back, it makes things very crowded up the middle in BOS.
Go to Top of Page

Utemin
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
451 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2010 :  19:22:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan

Slozo - I think Savard is back now, no? He was playing last night. However, I agree that Bergeron is no first line centre, and is much better suited to second, or even 3rd line. With Savard back, it makes things very crowded up the middle in BOS.

It has worked for Pittsburgh, Why can't it work for Boston who have more wing and defense power the Pittsburgh had last year.

Don't hate me because i'm Beautiful
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2010 :  20:42:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With PIT, at least Staal could get some very good minutes as a 3rd line C, and Malkin can double on the wing giving Staal more time in a more prominent role.

BOS has Savard, Krejci, Bergeron, and Seguin at C. 4 centres that would be 3rd-line-or-better on any other team. That is a lot harder to juggle. I see that BOS has already started putting Seguin on the wing, they have obviously recognized their own dilema.

The Canucks are in a similar situation with Hodgson, when he is ready to make the big team - Hank, Kesler, Malhotra at C, where do they slot in Hodgson? My guess is they'll do the same as BOS and try him at wing.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page