Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 The Leafs - Why? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2010 :  15:47:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Leafs played a pretty decent game RC, nothing amazing or anthing. Their comeback was hard earned, they played great in the later stages of the game. Washington had a couple of great scoring chances late ( @ 4-1 ) but The monster came up big on both of them, a cross-bar on one i think.

With some luck the leafs could have had 2 or 3 instead of the 1 when it was at 4 - 1. Toronto`s powerplay was horrible again, brutal. Maybe if they started Grab- Kul- Mcarth- first unit ( their true first line, or as close as they have to one ) they might score some PP goals.

Whats up with M.Komisarek ?? Was he always that bad ?? Any comment Pasty, ( being a habs fan ) did he always play like this in Montreal ?? If he was always this horrible, how in the name of god did he get that much $$$. His defense is terrible, he handles the puck like a football and has no idea what to do with it. Did he ever get any points ?
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2010 :  16:02:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Duke

Leafs played a pretty decent game RC, nothing amazing or anthing. Their comeback was hard earned, they played great in the later stages of the game. Washington had a couple of great scoring chances late ( @ 4-1 ) but The monster came up big on both of them, a cross-bar on one i think.

With some luck the leafs could have had 2 or 3 instead of the 1 when it was at 4 - 1. Toronto`s powerplay was horrible again, brutal. Maybe if they started Grab- Kul- Mcarth- first unit ( their true first line, or as close as they have to one ) they might score some PP goals.

Whats up with M.Komisarek ?? Was he always that bad ?? Any comment Pasty, ( being a habs fan ) did he always play like this in Montreal ?? If he was always this horrible, how in the name of god did he get that much $$$. His defense is terrible, he handles the puck like a football and has no idea what to do with it. Did he ever get any points ?

Well Duke I always liked Komisarek in Montreal the year before his contract year was really his coming out party a lot of people say it was Markov that made him look that good i for one truly do not believe that. He can be one of the most effective shut down d men in the league when he is playing confident. I know i have seen it first hand he has been truly a top defender in the league in the past. Then in his contract year with montreal he got hurt fighting with Lucic and it was like an off switch went off and he lost all of what he has gained. He can skate extremly well for a big man, he used to block more shots then a goalie. He used to hit hard and be punishing infront of the net and well now its like he is trying to hard to prove he is worth his contract. I truly do not believe it is one of sign the big contract then slack off.... i think he is really trying and well just way to hard, his game is at its best when he keeps it simple, his first pass sucks his job is to shut down and get the puck out, chip it up the boards and just get the puck out, he trying to do much, he s got to go back to his game

"I led the league in "Go get 'em next time." - Bob Uecker
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2010 :  08:28:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, it's a funny league these days, with the Leafs beating first Boston then Washington. To beat Pittsburgh when they are rolling would be another big upset, but possible. And yet, I still have a bad taste in my mouth from those three losses to poor teams . . . like I said, will take a few more wins (ok, just two more now) to make me feel better about those points going to waste.

Because losing to teams like Buffalo and Ottawa . . . those are 4 point games. Two points up on our direct opposition, two points more in the standings. To counterract those missed opportunities, you need more than just two wins against top teams to balance the ledger.

Hopefully Phaneuf is back and gives the team a further boost, as Armstrong has already. Hopefully Wilson sits Komisarek finally - if there is a starter more deserving of being sat for a game to put things in perspective, I don't know of him. Hopefully Gustavsson plays another decent game. Hopefully Kessel finds the back of the net again, maybe even twice. Hopefully MacArthur can continue his dream comeback season with his strong play.

I hope, I hope, I hope.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page