Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 More pool issues - Who should I drop? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Utemin
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
451 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2010 :  19:43:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have Stasny Bergeron and Dubynsky in my Pool as my centers, and Jordon Stall is on my IR, when he gets back who should i drop.
Pool details
Weekly Head to Head match up
5 sections
Goals, Assists, +-, Pims (good thing), and PP points.
Who do I drop when Stall gets back?

Also Some one recently just dropped Jeff Skinner should I pick him up and Drop Evander Kane or Kunitz?

My team sucks but I am currently in third place due to my goalies being Garon and Halak.

The Monkey is me

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2010 :  20:37:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Of the three, Dubinsky has kinda tailed off points wise. Stastny? You'd be crazy to even consider, and Bergeron is fairly steady and i'd wait to see how he does and where he plays now that Savard is back (played tonight).

Your other potential move, not sure. Skinner's done well, but rookies sometimes tire as the season goes on, not being used to the long grind of the NHL season and it's travel demands. Really, this move prob won't win or lose you the pool, but i guess you never know?
Go to Top of Page

Utemin
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
451 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2010 :  20:49:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In an 8-1 win for boston
P. Bergeron 15:58 0goals 0assists 0+- 1Shot 0 Pim
B Dubynsky 6-5 win 1 assist -3

B Dubysnky 2-0 win 2 assists +1 2 PIMS 1 PP point

P Bergeron 3-2 loss 2 Pims

B Dubynsky 3-1 loss -1
This is the Ongoing info Feed from me

The Monkey is me

Edited by - Utemin on 12/05/2010 19:14:24
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2010 :  21:19:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, make your decision on 1 game!!!

FYI, neither's done a heckuva lot over the past 15 games but personally, i'd take Bergeron as Dubinsky's totals have diminished since Gaborik's return. Maybe a Ranger fan or someone who see's a lot of their games can fill you in on whether or not his ice time has gone down? I'm assuming he was playing top line mins, now maybe not? Really don't know as i see little of the Rangers? Maybe he plays with Gaborik, but i doubt it seeing as Marion had 4pts tonight and he only had 1?

Regardless, i wouldn't make my choice on one game.....
Go to Top of Page

Awesome One
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
505 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  08:01:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't drop anyone, Staal won't have enough time to have better production than either of the three.

Drop Kunitz, pick up Skinner.

There was once a license plate in Toronto that abbreviated "Go Leafs" it read "Golfs".
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  08:19:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

In an 8-1 win for boston
P. Bergeron 15:58 0goals 0assists 0+- 1Shot 0 Pim

In that same 8-1 win, Savard had nearly the same stats (15:51, 0/0/0, 1 sog) - would you drop him as well as a non-performer?

I too would keep Bergeron. Last night was Savard's first night back, so there might have been some confusion with getting used to new lines. The only line that looks to have stayed intact is the line that did much of the scoring - Krejci/Horton/Lucic. I think Bergeron will be fine - probably better moving back to his more familiar 2/3 line role.

Stastny is a PPG player, why on earth would you drop him? Dubinsky, who knows - the Rangers go so hot and cold I try to steer clear of them in general. If you're intent on having Staal, I'd drop Dubinsky.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  11:24:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Awesome One

Don't drop anyone, Staal won't have enough time to have better production than either of the three.

There was once a license plate in Toronto that abbreviated "Go Leafs" it read "Golfs".

What'd'ya mean by this? Are you saying he will be rusty and take awhile to get up to speed and therefore won't outperform any of the others from here on out? Or are you implying that you don't keep the points the others already have and Staal would have to put up 20+ just to catch up? I doubt it's that way but if it is, i'd def leave Staal on my bench!
Go to Top of Page

Utemin
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
451 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  18:11:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

You have no clue what a Fantasy weekly match up is. Do you?
If Stall has more PPG he will be better, if he is + he will be Valuable, if he gets more Pim he is valuable, if he play PP he will be valuable.
Also if you did not know Stall will being centering second line and Malkin is going to wing for crosby.

The Monkey is me
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  23:41:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Utemin
Also if you did not know Stall will being centering second line and Malkin is going to wing for crosby.

The Monkey is me

SWEET! Coach Utemin's in the house! Thanks for letting us in on that!
Go to Top of Page

Utemin
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
451 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2010 :  22:11:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In the last month Stasny has looked the worst out of the 3, which surprises me because i would have never considered dropping him, while Dubynsky has done the best point wise and PIM wise, and Bergeron leads +- and PPP
Scarey situation knowing your best current center is Dubynsky. So now the question is Stasny or Bergeron and the answer is going to be Bergeron so that is what I am leaning at. If any one disagrees please say so because I can't make any errors.

Don't hate me because i'm Beautiful
Go to Top of Page

Utemin
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
451 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2010 :  21:52:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My Jordan Stall is more injured... If pronger goes on IR should I drop Stall to free the IR slot for Pronger?

In my pool you have one IR slot that when you fill with a player on on NHL IR they sit there and you can pick up a non drafted/ picked up player.

Go to Top of Page

sp0rtsnutone
Top Prospect

1 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2011 :  11:03:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love playing fantasy hockey and fantasy football, but after watching the game and browsing the forums, I get bored and find myself with lots of time on my hand. Can anyone recommend a game to play where I can compete against others everyday and put my skills and luck to the test? It would be great if it had some sort of championship.
Go to Top of Page

Awesome One
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
505 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2011 :  14:45:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

You have no clue what a Fantasy weekly match up is. Do you?
If Stall has more PPG he will be better, if he is + he will be Valuable, if he gets more Pim he is valuable, if he play PP he will be valuable.

The Monkey is me

Sorry, this was like my last post before leaving and I had no time to reply to this garbage!!!!!

Do we still call Utemin Monkey Boy because this is a load of @##%#%#%#!!!

As I recall, Staal was out until the winter classic AFTER all the other guys had played 40+ games, HE HAD NO TIME!!!!

Monkey Boy!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2011 :  14:45:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

In the last month Stasny has looked the worst out of the 3, which surprises me because i would have never considered dropping him, while Dubynsky has done the best point wise and PIM wise, and Bergeron leads +- and PPP
Scarey situation knowing your best current center is Dubynsky. So now the question is Stasny or Bergeron and the answer is going to be Bergeron so that is what I am leaning at. If any one disagrees please say so because I can't make any errors.

That couldn't have worked out too well for you Utemin....
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page