Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 Wrong stats given to Pittsburg goalies Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest4999
( )

Posted - 02/03/2011 :  08:13:06  Reply with Quote
I read your notice stating that the NHL gave both pittburg goalies the shutout. In fact this is incorrect, neither goalie has been accredited with a shut out as per NHL rules. In order 2 be accredited with the shut out both goalies would need to have played the full 60 min. In this case Johnson gets the win, and neither goalie gets the shutout.

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2011 :  09:26:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4999

I read your notice stating that the NHL gave both pittburg goalies the shutout. In fact this is incorrect, neither goalie has been accredited with a shut out as per NHL rules. In order 2 be accredited with the shut out both goalies would need to have played the full 60 min. In this case Johnson gets the win, and neither goalie gets the shutout.

Wouldn't this be a penalty for too many men on the ice?
Go to Top of Page

Guest9925
( )

Posted - 02/03/2011 :  09:55:40  Reply with Quote
Guest 4999 is absolutely right.... NEITHER GOALIE ON PITTSBURGH SHOULD GET A SHUTOUT. Please remove that from the points in the fantasy pools!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest7852
( )

Posted - 02/03/2011 :  10:20:38  Reply with Quote
needs to be corrected
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2011 :  10:40:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Calm down folks. Try emailing admin rather than ranting and raving on here!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest2427
( )

Posted - 02/03/2011 :  14:08:44  Reply with Quote
From wikipedia:

"In ice hockey, a shutout is given to a team whose goaltender successfully stops the other team from scoring and plays the entire game....

In the event a shutout happens while using several goaltenders, the shutout will be credited to the team who shut out the opponent; however, no single goaltender will be awarded the shutout. It happened four times in NHL history:

-During the 1982-83 Washington Capitals season, the Washington Capitals and their goalies Al Jensen and Pat Riggin had shared a shutout.

-December 8, 2001: the Anaheim Mighty Ducks won 4-0 over the Minnesota Wild with Jean-Sébastien Giguère and later, Steve Shields keeping the net.

-November 23, 2006: the Nashville Predators won 6-0 over the Vancouver Canucks with Tomas Vokoun who left the game, injured. He was replaced by Chris Mason who completed the job.

-December 1, 2009: the Toronto Maple Leafs won 3-0 over the Montreal Canadiens with Jonas Gustavsson who left the game after the first period because of heart problems. He was replaced by Joey MacDonald who played the last two periods."

Forgive the ranting and raving but this seems to be a perfectly reasonable way to bring attention to a matter.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6115
( )

Posted - 02/03/2011 :  14:50:16  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

I don't think I was ranting and raving , I was merely stating that the points should not be given to players based on NHL Rules.

Fact?
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2011 :  15:42:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6115

quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

I don't think I was ranting and raving , I was merely stating that the points should not be given to players based on NHL Rules.

Fact?

Guest 6115 - Clearly you couldn't possibly have been ranting and raving seeing as this is your first post on this topic!

As far as the ranting and raving comment, it was directed to guest9925 who insisted on capitalizing things in an attempt to get his point across better i suppose? Anyway, i guess maybe i came off as a little too harsh, didn't mean to upset anyone, just wanted to let you know that email to Admin works better and faster than putting a complaint / suggestion on here!
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2338 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2011 :  17:53:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In the Pittsburgh win over the New York Islanders we have changed the goalie stats. The shutout is only applied to the TEAM now. Both Pittsburgh goaltenders have had their shutouts removed as per NHL.com.

• Fleury doesn’t get one because he only played a few seconds of the game
• Johnson does not get his shut out because he did not play the full 60 minutes (59:43 - oh so close!) He does however get credit for the win.

This will be updated this evening in tonight's calculations and reflected in your pool tomorrow.

ALSO: The NHL changed two goals on their official scoresheet. Drew Doughty is now awarded with 2 goals vs. Edmonton (including the game winner) - and Ryan Smyth was removed as the goal scorer of both.
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2338 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2011 :  14:28:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In relation to the discussion above, the TEAM Shutout for PIT vs. NYI did not take in the stats last night. It has been rectified and will show up in your pool stats tomorrow morning. Thanks for your patience on the matter.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page