Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Buffalo
 Best game of year? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jbraiter
PickupHockey Pro



577 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2007 :  12:18:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Was the Buffalo vs Senators game on Feb 22 the best game of the year?

Choices:

yes
no
maybe we need to see untill the season is done

(Anonymous Vote)

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran



Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2007 :  12:19:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You should put was this game the best of the year so far



~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran



Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2007 :  19:24:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its the best game thus far because the only goalie fight even though Marty Biron didnt know who he was fighting with
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star



USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2007 :  12:26:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sure, the Sabres won without half their good players after coming back from behind, I guess it was one of the best...(and there was a goalie fight too). I missed half the game watching Miracle though.

Actually last night's Sabres-Leafs game was great cuz the Sabres crushed TO 6-1 Hahahaha

I so do love the title of this article
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=197987&hubname=

Edited by - Mikhailova on 02/28/2007 12:35:13
Go to Top of Page

jbraiter
PickupHockey Pro



577 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2007 :  12:35:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nice i love when the leafs get destroyed i went to the leafs vs canucks game and the canucks killed them 6-1

Go Canucks
Go to Top of Page

Patchy
PickupHockey Pro



Canada
529 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2007 :  14:01:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok ok, you guys have had your runs against the leafs. Now back on topic.. I think it was the best game of the season thus far, but we do have to wait until the end of the season to be sure.
Great game though

~~Go Leafs Go~~
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran



Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2007 :  18:04:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Best game? So the goalies fought big deal, that doesn't make it a good game. You want to watch a good quality NHL hockey game? Watch the Sharks vs. the Flames or tonight, the Sharks vs. the Preds or the Sabres and the Preds or something... Watch teams who play fast-paced, exciting hockey. Sure a goalie fight is nice once in a while but it does not automatically a good game make.

Edited by - bablaboushka on 02/28/2007 18:05:21
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro



Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2007 :  06:03:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka
Watch teams who play fast-paced, exciting hockey.



Babs, we might be fighting if you just said the Sens aren't a fast-paced exciting team.

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran



Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2007 :  10:32:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They have their games.
Go to Top of Page

Saku Steen
PickupHockey Veteran



Canada
1102 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2007 :  11:17:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

They have their games.



I dont remember a good fast-paced Ottawa game.
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star



USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2007 :  12:55:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

Best game? So the goalies fought big deal, that doesn't make it a good game. You want to watch a good quality NHL hockey game? Watch the Sharks vs. the Flames or tonight, the Sharks vs. the Preds or the Sabres and the Preds or something... Watch teams who play fast-paced, exciting hockey. Sure a goalie fight is nice once in a while but it does not automatically a good game make.



True, but the reason I thought this one was good was not because of the goalie fight, it was just a bonus, but because I did think it was pretty fast-paced and exciting; Buffalo and Ottawa are both good teams wih similar records against each other, and it was fun to see them play. Plus it was even better because the Sabres were short on players from injury which made it more exciting, for me at least, to see if they could win. I guess being a Sabres fan helps a little when it comes to enjoying that game
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro



Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2007 :  05:33:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Saku Steen

quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

They have their games.



I dont remember a good fast-paced Ottawa game.



Did you see the Ott/Buff rematch?

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro



Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2007 :  05:35:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova
True, but the reason I thought this one was good was not because of the goalie fight, it was just a bonus, but because I did think it was pretty fast-paced and exciting; Buffalo and Ottawa are both good teams wih similar records against each other, and it was fun to see them play. Plus it was even better because the Sabres were short on players from injury which made it more exciting, for me at least, to see if they could win. I guess being a Sabres fan helps a little when it comes to enjoying that game



Mik, even though I need someone else to take out your Sabres, you're a genius! I really don't wanna see Sens/Sabres in the playoffs this year, even though it would be fun to watch, I really can't see my guys coming out on top of that one.

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran



Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2007 :  08:05:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's funny just for that game Brian Mcgrattan was not a healthy scratch and guess what he did fight.

GO Sabres GO!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran



Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2007 :  08:49:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So it was the best of the year for Ottawa and Buffalo. It certainly was not near the best game of the year for the entire league.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page