Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Forum Rules and Announcements
 boston vs montreal Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest2704
( )

Posted - 02/09/2011 :  17:38:03  Reply with Quote
Anybody watching the habs/bruins game tonite. All I can say is old time hockey is back. What a game.

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2011 :  17:43:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was just coming on to posrt a thread about this, is by far the best game of the year! it s got everything pretty goals big hits fights what a game!

"I led the league in "Go get 'em next time." - Bob Uecker
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2011 :  17:44:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh and huge saves,,,, oh and anybody who says the habs are too small and not tough enough should be watching this game!

Go to Top of Page

freddyboy
Rookie

Canada
218 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2011 :  18:05:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Man that's what we call hockey, like best game ever this year, 8 goals in a period, 11 guys in playoff bench at the same time, it doesn't get any better!

joe is a god, if u dont agree....i dont care
Go to Top of Page

ToXXiK1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
696 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2011 :  19:12:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
170+ PIM's, gotta love old time hockey!
Go to Top of Page

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2011 :  20:02:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had hockey tonight so missed the game. I just checked the boxscore on espn.com though....can't wait to see the highlights!!
Go to Top of Page

Awesome One
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
505 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2011 :  20:34:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awesome game, as Toxxik said, +170 PIMS, 14 goals it was great!

P.S. The Bruins won!!!!

There was once a license plate in Toronto that abbreviated "Go Leafs" it read "Golfs".
Go to Top of Page

MrBoogedy
Rookie

Canada
195 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2011 :  23:56:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was easily the best game I've seen so far this year, and saying that even though Montreal suffered the loss goes to show how good of a game it was. Boston may have won a majority of the tilts, but hats off to the much smaller and usually less physical habs for standing their ground. I can hardly wait until they meet again, and a playoff match-up would be fantastic.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  04:30:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got stuck babysitting my little guy for the evening, and with no Leafs game on, with the choices I had, of course I picked the Boston Montreal game. What luck!

Awesome game to watch as a fan. The goalie fight / non-fight was a bit much, but yeah . . . it was old time hockey.

I sincerely hope they meet in the playoffs again. Because until the Leafs get better, I don't think there is a better rivalry in all of hockey at this point, not with the history and background that these two teams have.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

T-RAV
Top Prospect

Canada
75 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  04:51:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw parts of this one too. Great game.

Does anybody know if Thomas dislikes price or is this just TSN hoopla?
I get the impression that Carey is easy to get along with, but Tim seemed to shrug him off at the All-star game. Maybe he was just trying to hear what was going on. And then last night it looked to me like Thomas insisted on the fight and Price was reluctant.

If Tim has a hate on for Carey, Carey is unaware.
Or maybe he's just a grumpy old man.

"If we succumb to a dream world, then we will wake up to a nightmare" - Jimmy Carter
Peace and Respect
Go to Top of Page

KariyaSelanne
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
297 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  06:16:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by T-RAV

I get the impression that Carey is easy to get along with, but Tim seemed to shrug him off at the All-star game. Maybe he was just trying to hear what was going on. And then last night it looked to me like Thomas insisted on the fight and Price was reluctant.

"If we succumb to a dream world, then we will wake up to a nightmare" - Jimmy Carter
Peace and Respect

in my opinion I don't think they hate eachother, Thomas just wanted to get in on the action, seems like that type of guy. After Thomas was on the ground and they got back up you could see them talking but I doubt it was trash-talking, didn't look like it. Just wanted to have some fun
Go to Top of Page

ToXXiK1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
696 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  06:41:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ya, once TT went down, they made friends real quick, I think Price was saying "c'mon man, you don't wanna do this" and i think i saw TT mouthing "thanks" and patted Price on the back.
Go to Top of Page

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  08:30:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by T-RAV

Peace and Respect

haha no idea if that's the case or not, and as Tox pointed out there didn't appear to be much hatred during/after that fight, nor in the post game interviews...but i also noticed what you were saying about Thomas/Price at the all-star draft. I actually brought that up in another thread a while back.
Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  18:06:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes it was a great game to watch but i don`t think the habs coaching staff are very thrilled about giving up 8 goals. The leafs don`t even do that, unless the monster is in net
Go to Top of Page

MrBoogedy
Rookie

Canada
195 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  21:22:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I heard on The Score that Thomas told Price he didn't want to be the next Depietro, obviously referring to the last nhl goalie fight where I believe Depietro was injured. Guys like depietro, who can be injured by a strong breeze, should definately keep their mitts on.
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  21:45:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Price is also 6-3 219 lbs thats a big boy, as Price said in the interview it was kinda a half hearted affair since neither have anything against each other, alothough it wouldn't happen i would have liked to see Proce lay a beating on Lucic after he crosschecked Price in the face while pice was on his knees,, Lucic is like an 8 year old he hits everything that moves on the ice but the second someone goes after him he loses' his cool... i really hope someone hands him his a$$ sometime soon,,

Go to Top of Page

Go_Habs_Go
Rookie

157 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2011 :  11:13:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No body mentioned Benoit Pouliot's knock out on Krejci. Pouliot is a beast ! At the montreal challenge, he hit a 102 mph slap shot...not so bad. I think he could hold off Lucic.

But yeah, great game, even though we lost. Great show

"Bon point Jacques!" - Benoît Brunet
Go to Top of Page

spade632
Rookie

Canada
247 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2011 :  11:41:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I missed the game too - bad luck for me. (Of course I've seen the highlights - the SIX guys in the Bruins penalty box at once was pretty funny)

Looks like it was a hell of a game,

As for the Price/Thomas "fight" - Thomas was on Off the Record yesterday and basically said that they're friends, there was no animosity at all between them and they just fought because of the "code." Thomas said that he only came down to fight Price since Price was getting a bit involved in the scrum and thomas wanted to make sure it was even pairings. He also complimtented Price for not throwing after Thomas had fallen to the ice.
Go to Top of Page

ToXXiK1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
696 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2011 :  11:46:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
6 Bruins in one box and 5 Habs in the other. Even funnier when they panned to the benches and showed the gaps there from all the missing players!
Go to Top of Page

spade632
Rookie

Canada
247 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2011 :  11:51:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ToXXiK1

6 Bruins in one box and 5 Habs in the other. Even funnier when they panned to the benches and showed the gaps there from all the missing players!

Indeed!
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2011 :  14:27:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought the crowd was pretty funny. On the scoreboard they panned to the Montreal penalty box and they booed loudly. They then panned to the Bruins box and it was all cheers. Then, back to the Habs, more boos.....and so on.....
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page