Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Toronto
 Darcy Tucker signs extension Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2338 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2007 :  15:25:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TSN reports that Tucker and the Leafs are close to a multi year deal averaging $3 million per season. For that price, the Leafs are making a smart move. Early season rumors pegged Tucker as beig a potential $4-5 million guy on the open market. I wonder how this will affect Ryan Smyth and the Oilers?

jbraiter
PickupHockey Pro

577 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2007 :  19:10:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that stupid to pay Tucker that much, he only gets points because he is on the powerplay with sundin setting him up
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2007 :  19:22:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think around $3 million is fair. He was doing pretty well earlier when he was healthy and who cares how he gets his points, he was getting them. He was even leading the league in PP goals for a while, so I say good signing.
Go to Top of Page

Patchy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
529 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2007 :  19:32:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
good point babs, on top of his offensive production, he's a grinder and a great team player. Possibly behind sundin, he's the most passionate in the blue and white.

~~Go Leafs Go~~
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2007 :  20:25:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's what he got, $12 million over 4 years. Anything more for him would be overpay.
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2007 :  05:35:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Deals like this make me wish I had played the game at the pro level.

$3mil a year to stand at the corner of the net and hammer in one-timers to the empty net on the PP.

I'm glad you have him, Leafs fans. You deserve each other.

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
Go to Top of Page

Buddyno2000
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
606 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  21:57:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I say great deal, ya he's staying in his corner but its working so isn.t that the point. last time i checked hockey was about scoring more goal than the oposing team. and he must be doing something good cause no team seem to have found a way to stop him from doing it.

Go leafs Go by the way
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  22:17:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Novie

$3mil a year to stand at the corner of the net and hammer in one-timers to the empty net on the PP.

I know this is basically a dead subject but I have to say this: Any Oiler fan who thinks Smyth deserves franchise dollars might want to keep this deal in mind. Players these days are perfect cases to prove the Equity Theory, meaning Smyth has no business asking for more than $3 million a year. They both basically do the same thing, but Tucker fights which Smyth doesn't do. Yet he wants what like $5.5 million? I hope he signs with Calgary, THEY deserve each other.
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2007 :  05:42:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

quote:
Originally posted by Novie

I know this is basically a dead subject but I have to say this: Any Oiler fan who thinks Smyth deserves franchise dollars might want to keep this deal in mind. Players these days are perfect cases to prove the Equity Theory, meaning Smyth has no business asking for more than $3 million a year. They both basically do the same thing, but Tucker fights which Smyth doesn't do. Yet he wants what like $5.5 million? I hope he signs with Calgary, THEY deserve each other.

DT is NEVER a dead subject in my world. Seeing him in Calgary would be amazing because then I would only have to hate one NHL team. He's really the only reason I LOATHE the Leafs...I mean, sure there's that whole TO-OTT rivalry thing, but Darcy makes my blood boil. I wanted to climb a tower and end it on Saturday night after all those fist-pumps.

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
Go to Top of Page

ryschevy1
Rookie

Canada
186 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2007 :  09:08:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At least he sticks up for his teammates, unlike the rest of them!!!!

GO OIL!!! YA!!!
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2007 :  05:19:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ryschevy1

At least he sticks up for his teammates, unlike the rest of them!!!!

GO OIL!!! YA!!!

By coming out the tunnel in his little figure skating outfit? It really looks like DT has to spend more time in the gym.

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page