Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 2011 Masterton Trophy Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2011 :  13:30:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Always a hard one to call, you sort of want to give it to all the candidates... who will it be this year?

Choices:

Ray Emery
Daymond Langkow
Ian Laperriere

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2011 :  13:31:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm giving it to Emery, only because of the 3 he actually came back this year and made an impact for the team he plays with. All 3 of them are really deserving of some recognition.
Go to Top of Page

Awesome One
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
505 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2011 :  14:20:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Langkow, two words:

BROKEN. NECK.

There was once a license plate in Toronto that abbreviated "Go Leafs" it read "Golfs".
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2011 :  23:36:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I have 2 words too: avascular necrosis

see, thats why its a tough award. AO, I agree, a broken neck is a huge thing to recover from. But for me, this award is about a player that can a) comeback from a serious injury, and b) when they come back, make an impact. Langkow didn't play enough this year to beat out Emery IMO.

And you should read up on avascular necrosis, its not pretty (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avascular_necrosis (I was unaware that Bo Jackson had it too - they're the only 2 athletes to have recovered from it and continued pro careers). Its definitely career ending if not caught in time, and he was lucky that he got that abdominal injury when he did, as the doctors caught it then. He had 13 cm of his fibula grafted onto his femur, was out of hockey for 15 months, and managed to come back and make an impact on ANA's run to the post season.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page