Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Worst player in league Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

jbraiter
PickupHockey Pro

577 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2007 :  20:20:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Who do you think the worst player in the leauge is?

ED11
Rookie

Canada
224 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2007 :  21:13:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Worst player in terms of what though? Cause everyone has their own roles on the team. So it isn't fair to compare different types of players...
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2007 :  23:03:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i dont think anybody who made the NHL is a bad player

CANUCKS RULE!!
Go to Top of Page

Saku Steen
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1102 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2007 :  03:57:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Canucks Man

i dont think anybody who made the NHL is a bad player

CANUCKS RULE!!

Agreed
Go to Top of Page

jbraiter
PickupHockey Pro

577 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2007 :  05:26:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i didnt mean a bad player the worst in the Nhl
Go to Top of Page

PuckNuts
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2414 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2007 :  06:05:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From the dictionary :

Worst

Not good in any manner or degree, of poor or inferior quality; defective; deficient: a bad diamond; a bad spark plug...

You might want to be a little more specific, like worst skater, worst goal scorer, worst playmaker, worst hitter, worst goalie, worst...it could go on forever...

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright, until they speak...
Go to Top of Page

Guest2380
( )

Posted - 03/09/2007 :  06:16:52  Reply with Quote
You guys are nuts, just answer the question! Here, i'll get it started, Jeremy Roenick. Worst Player, should have retired!
Go to Top of Page

jbraiter
PickupHockey Pro

577 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2007 :  06:25:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2380

You guys are nuts, just answer the question! Here, i'll get it started, Jeremy Roenick. Worst Player, should have retired!

thank you
Go to Top of Page

wyntyre
Rookie

Canada
185 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2007 :  07:23:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dan Cloutier....LA should be happy he's injured

Can't go...The Roads Are Dirty
Go to Top of Page

Guest4435
( )

Posted - 03/09/2007 :  07:44:16  Reply with Quote
If You want to be precise then some random player like Matt Foy would fit this description... like who has ever heard of him.
Go to Top of Page

Guest5186
( )

Posted - 03/09/2007 :  08:05:24  Reply with Quote
The Worst Player in the NHL is Wade Belak
Go to Top of Page

Guest0401
( )

Posted - 03/09/2007 :  08:56:54  Reply with Quote
worst player in the league is definitely Toby Petersen on the Oilers.... but hes treated like hes a top ten player!
Go to Top of Page

Habs.in.8
Top Prospect

Canada
5 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2007 :  09:18:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Jannee Niniimaa fits well. Paid 2.5 million, was considered 10th defencemen in a good team ( Dallas ). Now considered 8th defenseman of MTL ( bad team ). 2 assist in 31 games, 36 penalty minutes ( none are fighting, so all bad penaltys ). Horrible to get the puck out of the zone, no physical play. And by the way, 2.5 Millions a year !!! Hurry up GMs, he s UFA next year !!!
Go to Top of Page

PuckNuts
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2414 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2007 :  09:34:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Habs.in.8

I think Jannee Niniimaa fits well. Paid 2.5 million, was considered 10th defencemen in a good team ( Dallas ). Now considered 8th defenseman of MTL ( bad team ). 2 assist in 31 games, 36 penalty minutes ( none are fighting, so all bad penaltys ). Horrible to get the puck out of the zone, no physical play. And by the way, 2.5 Millions a year !!! Hurry up GMs, he s UFA next year !!!

Now that's an answer...the others are just opinions...

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright, until they speak...
Go to Top of Page

ED11
Rookie

Canada
224 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2007 :  09:55:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2380

Here is what I'm saying...a bad player...Wade Belak...there are many many palyers that are better then him. But, he is good at what he does. So what are we talking about here? Overrated? Sure, Roenick is highly overrated...but is he better than Belak? Yes. So comparing someones play to their salary is saying that they are overrated.

In my opinion Nik Antropov is one of the worst players in the NHL. Slow, sloppy, and he isn't even getting paid that much...I just don't think he belongs in the NHL.

Edited by - ED11 on 03/09/2007 10:00:55
Go to Top of Page

Guest4161
( )

Posted - 03/09/2007 :  13:29:38  Reply with Quote
I agree Nic Antropov is definately if not the worst player in the league definately the most useless and inconsistant
Go to Top of Page

ED11
Rookie

Canada
224 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2007 :  15:58:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
someone agreed with me!?!? that's a first, haha.
Go to Top of Page

Kashmire
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
506 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2007 :  16:06:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That;s disgusting. Belak worst in the NHL? He's an excellent team player and he is a durable enforcer. The leaf players seem to enjoy his presence on and off the ice. He is pretty decent even of he doesnt put up points. That's just my opinion.
Go to Top of Page

ED11
Rookie

Canada
224 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2007 :  16:15:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kashmire

That;s disgusting. Belak worst in the NHL? He's an excellent team player and he is a durable enforcer. The leaf players seem to enjoy his presence on and off the ice. He is pretty decent even of he doesnt put up points. That's just my opinion.

Yep, that's why I said that he is great at what he does!
Go to Top of Page

the hockey guy
Rookie

Canada
135 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2007 :  19:08:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
its too bad that the leafs have most of their players fit into this topic
Go to Top of Page

Kashmire
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
506 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2007 :  19:40:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nik Antropov is far from the worst player in the league. He is also a force on the ice. He works for the puck well and isn't taking those stupid penalties. Some say he is only doing well because of Sundin. That isn't entirely true. Antropov is a solid checker aswell as scorer. He is far from the worst in the league. Get over yourselves.
Go to Top of Page

Guest5386
( )

Posted - 03/09/2007 :  19:41:26  Reply with Quote
Finally!! I am not the only Leaf fan who screams at the TV when Antropov is on the ice. He is sooooo slow and klutzy, please someone tell me why he is playing in the NHL? Toronto needs to lose this guy and I think he is the worst player in the NHL right now.
Go to Top of Page

PuckNuts
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2414 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2007 :  21:06:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am not a big Antropov fan either, he can play well but he is to inconsistant to be in the NHL...

After Aki-Petteri Berg left the team the only one left that I don't like is Antropov, he needs some skating lessons...

I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy…
Go to Top of Page

PENSFAN8771
Rookie

USA
114 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  13:45:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Todd Bertuzzi is the worst person in the NHL, but player, I'm not so sure anyone who made it deserves that label.
Go to Top of Page

tctitans
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
931 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  15:54:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PENSFAN8771

Todd Bertuzzi is the worst person in the NHL, but player, I'm not so sure anyone who made it deserves that label.

Bert really is a good guy. unfortunately, ignorance propagates ingnorance.
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  16:09:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tctitans

quote:

Ive been telling ppl that for years, well said

CANUCKS RULE!!
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  16:13:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by the hockey guy

its too bad that the leafs have most of their players fit into this topic

I was noticing that...I think it's hilarious (Says a lot, doesn't it?)
Go to Top of Page

Buddyno2000
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
606 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  16:38:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How about Sergei Berezin the guy can shoot but don't ask him to make a pass cause no can do
I don even know if he's still playing.

Go leafs Go by the way
Go to Top of Page

Guest4040
( )

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  16:49:22  Reply with Quote
quote:

how could you say that? because of one incident that happened? hes paid the consequences and paid his dues. you just hate him until someone else does worse (chris simon). do you know todd personally? i dont think so. I've heard hes a really great and friendly guy. Chris Simon is a great team guy or so thats what his teamates say. so if you dont know the guy dont make opinions saying they are a bad person or not.
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  17:30:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Nik Antropov is far from the worst player in the league. He is also a force on the ice. He works for the puck well and isn't taking those stupid penalties. Some say he is only doing well because of Sundin. That isn't entirely true. Antropov is a solid checker aswell as scorer. He is far from the worst in the league. Get over yourselves.

I used to think like you Ed, but Antropov has played really well this year. He has adapted to the new NHL nicely and can score as well as dish out nice hits. He may be slow, but as Kashmire said, he works hard and fight for the puck, something most players fail to do. Im suprised this is coming from a Leafs fan too. Maybe you need to start watching more games because you obviously have not been watching this season.

Long Live Leafs Nation!!
Go to Top of Page

Patchy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
529 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  17:35:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leafsfan_101

quote:

I used to think like you Ed, but Antropov has played really well this year. He has adapted to the new NHL nicely and can score as well as dish out nice hits. He may be slow, but as Kashmire said, he works hard and fight for the puck, something most players fail to do. Im suprised this is coming from a Leafs fan too. Maybe you need to start watching more games because you obviously have not been watching this season.

Long Live Leafs Nation!!

i agree with you leafs fan, antropov is far from the worst player, he's obviously not overrated cuz nobody thinks much of him and he puts up points. He also has great chemistry with mats and poni.
It's hard to say who the WORST player in the NHL is, because they all have to have alot of skill in order to make the NHL.

~~Go Leafs Go~~
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  17:38:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Patchy

He also has great chemistry with mats and poni.

I dunno how you can play well on a hockey team with mats and ponies, but somehow Antropov does it....Hahahaha
Go to Top of Page

Patchy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
529 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  17:48:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

quote:
Originally posted by Patchy

He also has great chemistry with mats and poni.

I dunno how you can play well on a hockey team with mats and ponies, but somehow Antropov does it....Hahahaha

Haha nice, yea antropov can do anything.

~~Go Leafs Go~~
Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  17:57:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Antropov is so slow someone needs to help him with that
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  18:43:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Agreed, Antropov isn't the greatest skater but he can put pucks in the net, hits well, and playes okay defence and isn't a liability to their team. He isn't top 100 player in the league but he is a decent player worth having on your roster.

Long Live Leafs Nation!!
Go to Top of Page

Patchy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
529 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  18:56:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leafsfan_101

Agreed, Antropov isn't the greatest skater but he can put pucks in the net, hits well, and playes okay defence and isn't a liability to their team. He isn't top 100 player in the league but he is a decent player worth having on your roster.

Long Live Leafs Nation!!

agreed

~~Go Leafs Go~~
Go to Top of Page

OILINONTARIO
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
816 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  19:16:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by PuckNuts

I am not a big Antropov fan either, he can play well but he is to inconsistant to be in the NHL...

After Aki-Petteri Berg left the team the only one left that I don't like is Antropov, he needs some skating lessons...

I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy…

Credit for the lobotomy quote must be given to the great Tom Waits.

Edited by - OILINONTARIO on 03/11/2007 19:19:56
Go to Top of Page

The_only_Odelein_fan
Top Prospect

Canada
94 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  19:43:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jose Theodore is the worst player in the league. He has a lot of money for warming the bench. Gainey did a geat job when he trade him to colorado. Aebisher is not realy better but he is cheaper. The only good thing Theo did in his life, was when he had Paris Hilton in his bed!

Lyle Odelein is a god!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4541
( )

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  21:10:07  Reply with Quote
Either: Kristof Oliwa, Darcy Hordichuck, or Dan Cloutier. They all suck so much!!!!!!!! WOW!! OMG!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

PENSFAN8771
Rookie

USA
114 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  21:21:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tctitans

quote:

Really good guys don't perpetrate pre-meditated, career-ending injuries. It's kinda like how really good guys don't plot to steal their employee's pensions, or laugh when a child is lying on the ice injured, or build an arsenal to go on shooting rampages because someone made them mad at work. Who people are is based on what they do, not how many times they say sorry and there are just some decisions we can't take back. If he was a really, genuinely good guy, this conversation wouldn't be taking place. However, the fact of the matter is that he is playing in the NHL and the guy he injured is not. It's time for Canucks fans to stop standing up for the thug that hasn't been their problem for some time now.
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  21:56:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Bertuzzi incendent was NOT pre-meditated he wanted Moore to fight but he wouldnt turn around, now dont go saying i agree with what bert did, but he didnt plan on anything like that bad happening

CANUCKS RULE!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page