Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Toronto
 Reimer signs extension Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sensfan101
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
500 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2011 :  13:05:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Leafs have signed James Reimer to a three year extension worth 1.8 million per year.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=368360

Edited by - Sensfan101 on 06/09/2011 13:05:33

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2011 :  13:17:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like this kid's attitude. He signed a very reasonable deal with the Leafs for less than $2 million a season when other goalies would have held out for more. He has a brilliant start to a career and he appears to love to play the game. When guy like this comes out and make a comment like (paraphrasing) "There are guys out there who work harder than me and get paid way less," it makes it hard to dislike him.

I hope this kid continues to grow and succeed. Too bad he plays for the Leafs.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2011 :  14:03:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it's a very reasonable deal for both sides. He still needs to prove he's more than just a "flash in the pan" and yet he still did well enough to earn a significant raise, which he got!

As hard as it is to say, i wish him all the best!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2011 :  05:48:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Leafsfan, for starting this topic!

It's an interesting signing, and a difficult one to judge really, except that it's about where thought it would be. He played his butt off and was amazing for the Leafs, a lower prospect who suddenly looked like the next Cujo. Where that goes starting in the new season, however, is a different thing, and so hard to judge, especially these days.

It hink it's fair, but I am surprised he got three years. To me, it shows how much Burke has faith in the kid, and I can't disagree. He is mature beyond his years, has a great work ethic, and seems very even tempered, even when losing a couple. So it seems like a good gamble.

So in the end, I am happy with this.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2011 :  07:44:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by slozo

Thanks, Leafsfan, for starting this topic!

It's an interesting signing, and a difficult one to judge really, except that it's about where thought it would be. He played his butt off and was amazing for the Leafs, a lower prospect who suddenly looked like the next Cujo. Where that goes starting in the new season, however, is a different thing, and so hard to judge, especially these days.

It hink it's fair, but I am surprised he got three years. To me, it shows how much Burke has faith in the kid, and I can't disagree. He is mature beyond his years, has a great work ethic, and seems very even tempered, even when losing a couple. So it seems like a good gamble.

So in the end, I am happy with this.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
[/quote

I think it was Brilliant of burke to get 3 years at this salary,, 1.8 if he flops that isn't to much to pay a back up,, and if he continues playin the way he has,,, whoa wait you got a very solid starter who can get your team 30 wins for 1.8million??? it's kinda like last year when habs wanted price for more than a year because they figured his next contract would be in the 5 mil range so get him as long as they could at 2.25

"I led the league in "Go get 'em next time." - Bob Uecker
Go to Top of Page

Sensfan101
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
500 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2011 :  13:43:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Leafsfan... man I can't wait till the playoffs are over.

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take Wayne Gretzky
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2011 :  14:15:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Was that an intentional mixup by Pasty?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To: