Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 JJR GM Game sign up and discussion Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jumbo Joe Rocks
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
410 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2011 :  13:05:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey I was interested in starting a GM Game just for the members in the forum and you pick a team and trade and we vote for who makes the playoffs

If you are interested please post what team you would like to take there will be 12 teams in the whole league.

6 Eastern and 6 Western if needed a team can change Conferences to even it out. 4 teams each make the playoffs

It goes in this order

1. NHL draft we will draft the 2011 players, I decide the draft order
2. Trade and sign your prosects to ELC's
3. We post polls and vote for who makes the playoffs
4. Then once 4 teams from each conference are chosen we vote for who moves on and who is eliminated
5. Once cup winner is chosen the GM game is done!

I will take San Jose

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2011 :  08:58:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joe, I cannot figure out what you're trying to do here.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2011 :  10:57:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joe, i wasn't quite clear on all this either.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2803
( )

Posted - 08/11/2011 :  11:41:44  Reply with Quote
Sorry if it wasn't clear enough

It's not a league it's just a game on the forum where you choose a team. Once/if we get all 12 people to join we have a draft then you can waive players and trade players to trade I will make a chat room for trade discussion.

Then once the deadline is over I will post polls for what 4 teams from each conference will go to playoffs then I will post polls for each series and the team with most votes moves on and it goes like that untill the finals and once we have a winner the game is over
Go to Top of Page

Jumbo Joe Rocks
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
410 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2011 :  11:44:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2803

Sorry if it wasn't clear enough

It's not a league it's just a game on the forum where you choose a team. Once/if we get all 12 people to join we have a draft then you can waive players and trade players to trade I will make a chat room for trade discussion.

Then once the deadline is over I will post polls for what 4 teams from each conference will go to playoffs then I will post polls for each series and the team with most votes moves on and it goes like that untill the finals and once we have a winner the game is over

Forgot to log on
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2011 :  18:46:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, i hope i'm not alone, but i still have no clue how this works? You pick SJ? So, you get their entire team? Or is that just the name of your team and then you're gonna do a draft like a pool would?

Sorry, but i still don't get it really......
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2011 :  19:51:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
and why are we voting on who makes the "playoffs"? Don't we go through the season after we draft? Or is this more like a GOAT-style draft but for players last year only?
Go to Top of Page

Jumbo Joe Rocks
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
410 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2011 :  07:52:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No when you choose a team you get the whole roster and you trade and get the players you want

After the trade deadline we vote for who makes the playoffs if anyone wants to do something different tell me what it should be
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2011 :  08:03:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jumbo Joe Rocks

No when you choose a team you get the whole roster and you trade and get the players you want

After the trade deadline we vote for who makes the playoffs if anyone wants to do something different tell me what it should be

So, if you have SJ, and i take the Canucks, we can theoretically make a trade of say Bieksa for Boyle? How do we "sign players"? Is that like a waiver as in you can sign any FA's that are floating around? I start with the current Canucks team, then make as many changes as i feel necessary during the season? How long does it last?

Still very confusing. Look at the first two points of your original post. I believe that's where the confusion lies?

1. Draft what players? Thought you said we inherit entire teams? Or do you mean entry draft guys?
2. Assume we must follow the salary cap? Who's to say i don't draft a guy and sign him for less than he's worth??? Or do we have to follow what these guys sign for? What if they don't sign?

Not trying to sound negative here, i'm just totally confused as to the concept of this thing.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page