Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 iggy pool trade? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest1426
( )

Posted - 11/03/2011 :  18:52:14  Reply with Quote
I'm considering trading iginla and ryan for giroux and seabrook. Goals and assists are each 1 point, and no salary cap. Good move or bad? Will iggy pick up the pace, and can giroux keep it up and end up in the top 15?

foolpittier
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
374 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2011 :  02:11:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
is it a keeper?
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2011 :  08:03:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If it is a straight points pool I think that is a horrible trade. What is Seabrook going to get this year?? Maybe 40pts? 50pt tops?? All the other players in the trade are PPG player or very close to it.

Horrible move. As must as Giroux is a guy to have in your pool, you are giving up too much to get there. Don't do it.
Go to Top of Page

Nucks07
Top Prospect

Canada
45 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2011 :  08:47:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unless you think Giroux will get 150 points this season theres no way you should make this trade.
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2011 :  09:08:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
is there a requirement for you to have a defenseman in your pool? Perhaps you should explain the outline of the pool a bit.

As others have said, if this is a straight points pool regardless of position, then this is a foolish trade to make.
Go to Top of Page

Guest1426
( )

Posted - 11/04/2011 :  16:34:06  Reply with Quote
yeah, sorry, it's cause i need a d-man and i waived one for patty sharp. not a keeper though.
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2011 :  16:52:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hm, ok. if that is the case, then Seabrook is a reasonably good defenseman to get. You obviously have a need, so you're going to take a hit no matter what. Getting a top-third producing defenseman and a top-20 scorer in exchange for Iginla and Ryan might be an OK trade for you.

Do you have to trade with another poolie, or is there a waiver wire? Are there other dmen available that you could pickup for less?
Go to Top of Page

Guest1426
( )

Posted - 11/04/2011 :  19:32:42  Reply with Quote
well thats a little tricky, we have waivers but its a small pool so there are a lot of good players undrafted. and if i waive a player to pick up another, the other guys probably won't take my guy cause they know i'll get a good player (if nobody takes him he returns to my team)
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2011 :  15:38:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK - so if you only need a dman, have you considered dropping your currently-worst-performing-forward and picking up the currently-best-performing-dman? It sounds like you need a dman, and your trade partner knows that so he's trying to extract some extra value out of you for one. But if you can get a reasonable dman, and keep Iggy and Ryan at the same time, perhaps that is a better option.
Go to Top of Page

pokermatt12
Top Prospect

Canada
65 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2011 :  11:05:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another reason you should hold off on this is that Iginla gets more and more value as the season goes on. He has a strong history of slow starts from what I remember (correct me if I'm wrong), so don't give up on him just yet.
Go to Top of Page

Leafs81
PickupHockey Pro

735 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2011 :  14:54:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
there should be some 40ish point defenseman available. And the line of Getzlaf, Perry and Ryan is too talented to not score goals. They will get going and once they do you will be glad to have kept Bobby Ryan. I think Iginla and Ryan are 70 points guys, Giroux is 80 and Seabrook is about 40... So claim a defense and keep your forwards.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page