Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 There are many ways to get injured Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2007 :  16:22:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After the game between the flames and the wings, Darren Dregger put on his anti-violance hat again, complaining about that uppercut by Lombardi(or was it Lankow?) after he got taken down by a low hit. Dregger, went on to call it a cheap shot (despite the fact the 2 players were facing each other).....Well Darren, had you actually watched the game, you would have noticed the worst looking injury happened when Cleary slipped and went falling into the boards.

Look, there are many ways to get injured in hockey....It is a dangeous game! That's why pussies like Dregger sit behind a desk in a suit, instead of behind a bench. I am sick and tired of listening to people like him bitching about fighting and "high hits". I think this Clearly slip perfectly proves my point. If you want to take fighting , low hits, and "high hits" (what is a high hit...a shoulder hitting a head? well, I think if Chara's throwing the hits, that's the way she goes), you might as well take skating out of hockey, cause you can get hurt that way too!

Sugar Ray over Hasek any day!

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2007 :  18:38:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by I HATE CROSBY

After the game between the flames and the wings, Darren Dregger put on his anti-violance hat again, complaining about that uppercut by Lombardi(or was it Lankow?) after he got taken down by a low hit. Dregger, went on to call it a cheap shot (despite the fact the 2 players were facing each other).....Well Darren, had you actually watched the game, you would have noticed the worst looking injury happened when Cleary slipped and went falling into the boards.

Look, there are many ways to get injured in hockey....It is a dangeous game! That's why pussies like Dregger sit behind a desk in a suit, instead of behind a bench. I am sick and tired of listening to people like him bitching about fighting and "high hits". I think this Clearly slip perfectly proves my point. If you want to take fighting , low hits, and "high hits" (what is a high hit...a shoulder hitting a head? well, I think if Chara's throwing the hits, that's the way she goes), you might as well take skating out of hockey, cause you can get hurt that way too!

I agree you can get injured by running into the boards, driving the net or even just walking outside but i say hits to the head should be removed. You can't hold back a guy with your stick but you can knock there head off with your shoulder, that seems odd eh?
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2007 :  19:37:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A player can also get hurt when a meatball back-up goalie gets into the game for 18 seconds and swings his stick into the midsection of a forward after the whistle had already been blowns. McLennan is a tool!
Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2007 :  22:25:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

A player can also get hurt when a meatball back-up goalie gets into the game for 18 seconds and swings his stick into the midsection of a forward after the whistle had already been blowns. McLennan is a tool!

What was with that? I didn't watch the game but why was Mclennan even in the net? Stupid of Mclennan to do that!!!!
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2007 :  23:08:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As my man Cherry said, that McLennan slash was just a little tap, that the red wing embellished. Just like the Lankow "punch" was just a little face wash. McLennan is the consumate team player, and he was sticking up for Kipper, they were running Kip all series, and McLennan was just sending a messege. I like that guy.

Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2007 :  23:11:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PainTrain

I agree you can get injured by running into the boards, driving the net or even just walking outside but i say hits to the head should be removed. You can't hold back a guy with your stick but you can knock there head off with your shoulder, that seems odd eh?

So if you can't hit then in the head where are you supposed to hit em? the balls? A shoulder is gonna hit a head most time, that's the way she goes...Just take the plastic out of shoulder pads and everything will be fine.

Go to Top of Page

KariyaSelanne
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
297 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2007 :  13:20:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

As my man Cherry said, that McLennan slash was just a little tap, that the red wing embellished. Just like the Lankow "punch" was just a little face wash. McLennan is the consumate team player, and he was sticking up for Kipper, they were running Kip all series, and McLennan was just sending a messege. I like that guy.

I agree it seems like in almost every series players were running the goalies who were keeping their team in the game.

Go Preds Go!!!
Go to Top of Page

manninm
PickupHockey Pro

USA
347 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2007 :  13:46:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by PainTrain

So if you can't hit then in the head where are you supposed to hit em? the balls? A shoulder is gonna hit a head most time, that's the way she goes...Just take the plastic out of shoulder pads and everything will be fine.

IHC, we don't agree on a lot of issues, but I think you're right on here. Hockey is a tough sport where players should be allowed to "self-police." The NHL seems to be catering to the media, the "family value" aspect, and the general notion that hockey is not a violent sport. It is a violent sport. If you take out fighting, more cheap shots will ensue. The more players can be physical(hitting, fighting), the less injuries will be caused by cheap shots (unless you take the physical game out completely, which would be stupid). It's the old "eye for an eye" notion. If you hit me legally, I'm gonna go out and hit you legally. If you go after our star player, we're coming after you. This will always be part of hockey. The question is, do you limit the violence so that a player feels like they need to cheap shot to get even? Or do you keep it part of the game, so that a player can fight another player and end it there. Take a look at the Janssen hit, for instance. His hit was illegal...but the next game Belak and Janssen fought, and that was the end of it. If that's always the case, and the league allows it, there will be less injuries.

Because the demands on a goalie are mostly mental, it means that for a goalie, the biggest enemy is himself." ~Ken Dryden
Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2007 :  19:49:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes that makes more sence just to remove the plastic in the shoulder pads.
Go to Top of Page

1 Crosby fan
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1454 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2007 :  20:06:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is amazing how we agree on everything but Like a player named Sidney Crosby lol

Viktor Kozlov is my hero
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page