Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 Edmonton stinks! Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

blade
Rookie

Canada
199 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2006 :  20:52:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well it is finally happening. The world is realizing that Edmonton's rise to the finals is a complete fluke. They have no business being there right now. If it weren't for Roloson they would have dropped out of the first round. OILERS SUCK!

pucker
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
398 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2006 :  09:02:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HAHA yes the Oilers do stink. They are a mirror image of the Flames who rode a hot goalie to the finals in 04 only to be dominated by the superior Eastern Team. Face it Oiler Fans (who by the way are the cockiest in the country) ITS OVER.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2006 :  12:59:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you. Finally, acknowledgment.
Go to Top of Page

Ryan Harper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
322 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2006 :  08:18:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think its over yet. While I wouldn't be surprised to see Carolina sweep Edmonton, I think we all need to remember that Edmonton was counted out before the playoffs even started and look what they have accomplished. They could very well win both games at home and it will be a different series.

Not everything comes down to Roloson. I don't think he is MVP quality like other in the media. Him being compared to Ranford and Fuhr was insane. Markkanen could just as easily get the job done.
Go to Top of Page

blade
Rookie

Canada
199 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2006 :  11:34:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is my point. They don't deserve to be there and just got lucky. As for the Flames that is partly true but unlike the Oilers they got a full team contribution on their run AND they played their system which was completely effective and expected. They also took all the teams they played against to 7 games so that indicated that the other teams we playing at their best too. The Oilers have yet to WIN a series, they have just run into teams that have self-destructed.
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2006 :  11:06:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the Oil can pull off an upset even without Roloson. There is too much experience on the coaching staff to let these guys get away with the way they played in the first 2 games. With the win last night and another home game coming I think they still have a legitimate shot.

As for the Flames, they were no fluke. They are the real deal. Strong D, Top goalie in the league, Great leadership, and a great system. They obviously just need to acquire a second line sniper. But like any powerful team that never quite "made it" (ie: Canucks) they need to act quickly because opportunity will pass by just as fast!
Go to Top of Page

Ryan Harper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
322 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2006 :  09:47:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree Leigh, I think the OIlers have a good shot at tieing up the series tonight. Like I said, Markkanen just needs to do his part and this could be a whole new series.

But the Flames, they may not have been a fluke in 04 but but they went out in the first round this year buddy. If thats what you call the real deal...I feel sorry for you. A second line sniper wouldn't have helped them. They are stuck playing the system that led them to the finals. That style doesn't work anymore.

Oilers 3, Carolina 2 OT
Go to Top of Page

pucker
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
398 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2006 :  09:28:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well you can't blame the goalie for last night. Markkanen played well - the rest of the team was average. Anyone else notice all of the bad calls last night? Don't get me wrong, I am glad the Oilers lost, but the hooking call on Jason Smith never happened. These refs are brutal.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2006 :  14:04:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The refs have been weak, but they don't favour any team... Every team has had weak calls for and against them so it's no excuse for any team.
Go to Top of Page

Donald Beckett
Top Prospect

Canada
88 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2006 :  11:05:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the refs have been doing a good job. We have to remember that the game is different than it was 2 years ago. The refs have to continue to make the hooking calls etc. otherwise this whole season will be a waste. Reffing aside, The Oilers will win tonight.

Go to Top of Page

Ryan Harper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
322 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2006 :  08:57:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As I said earlier:

quote:
Not everything comes down to Roloson. I don't think he is MVP quality like other in the media. Him being compared to Ranford and Fuhr was insane. Markkanen could just as easily get the job done.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2006 :  12:59:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh wow did they ever get outplayed but they got one extra lucky chance and I guess that's what made the difference.
Go to Top of Page

Jack Kayden 66
Top Prospect

Canada
61 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2006 :  07:57:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like Edmonton doesn't stink. I am amazed that they made this into a 7 game series. Saturday was crazy - the Hurricanes didn't even show up. They should be ashamed of themselves in a game six and a chance to win the cup they completely folded. Tonights game is going to be awesome.
Go to Top of Page

AA BLUES
Top Prospect

1 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2006 :  13:50:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I despise all of you who said that edmonton sucks, it was not a fluke that they got to the stanley cup finals. It was a team effort EVERYBODY CONTRIBUTED, and the other teams couldn't out get out of the wrath of the oilers. OILERS FANS ARE NOT THE COCKIEIST IN THE COUNTRY. HOW ABOUT TORONTO THEIR TEAM ALWAYS SUCKS AND EVERYBODY ALWAYS GIVE THEM THE BREAKS AND BELIEVES THEY ARE GOOD BECAUSE THEY HAVE A HIGH PAYROLL, AND WASHED UP OLD PLAYERS. TORONTO AND CALGARY ARE SOOOO OVERATED THEY SUCK AND ALWAYS GET THE FLUKES TO WIN. HOW COME THE LEAFS HAVEN'T BEEN IN THE STANLEY CUP ROUND IN OVER TEN YEARS. OH I GUESS THAT MUST BE FLUKE....YA RIGHT!
Go to Top of Page

Myles06-07
Top Prospect

91 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2006 :  18:05:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You guys are all idiots.
Edmonton is having a bad start.
Just take a look at Ottawa.
They don't suck.
But they are having a brutal start.
Edmonton should have gotten 1 point for sure last night and you all know it. They will make the playoffs. They have one of the best goalies and one of the top scorers. Once they get there blueline set up with a few more trades, you can tell you favorite team to watch there back cause the oilers are going to finish in the top 3 in the west.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2006 :  19:39:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOLOLOLOLOL

Roloson sucks and is a cheater.
Sykora couldn't hold up his point pace if his life depended on it.
Yeah they have big improvements to make on D.
I think they will make the playoffs, but they won't finish higher than 6th. Think about it, to finish top 3, they'd have to win their division. Minnesota will win the Northwest and whoever finish 2nd-3rd in the Pacific should finish 4-5 in the West and then the last three spots are open.
Go to Top of Page

Myles06-07
Top Prospect

91 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2006 :  07:46:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Roloson is not a cheater he is a whiner. Big difference. He's still very, very, very good and you all know it. So what okay Sykora will probably have his best season but that i good for the Oilers. They are a great team.
Go to Top of Page

lyall
PickupHockey Pro

360 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2006 :  22:27:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Agreed. GO OIL GO!!

"I hate to advocate alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but they've always worked for me."
Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

blade
Rookie

Canada
199 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2006 :  00:07:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Oilers actually do suck. Seriously, it was scientifically proven. I saw it on Discovery.

Go to Top of Page

lyall
PickupHockey Pro

360 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2006 :  00:35:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Clever.

"I hate to advocate alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but they've always worked for me."
Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Guest4054
( )

Posted - 11/11/2006 :  09:34:50  Reply with Quote
perhaps the only reason edmonton made it to the cup final was because of roloson but really...if thats all it took then they must have deserved to be there.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4054
( )

Posted - 11/11/2006 :  09:36:48  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blade

The Oilers actually do suck. Seriously, it was scientifically proven. I saw it on Discovery.

ya i saw it too but it also said that calgary was going to win the cup so what does that say for their little misguided theory.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8985
( )

Posted - 11/11/2006 :  21:01:55  Reply with Quote
STOP HATIN THE OIL OWN, SYKORA GOT 18 POINTS, ROLOSON PLAYING STELLAR, YOUNG DEFENSE HELPING OUT=GOOD MATCH
Go to Top of Page

lyall
PickupHockey Pro

360 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2006 :  01:52:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah. You guys are a bunch of meanies. Edmonton is just young. They will be inconsitant all season, but once they find disipline they will be a force.

Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2006 :  19:24:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All you fine people East of Manitoba and West of the Rockies talking about how great your teams are just remember this. Toronto may have thier name on the Cup 11 times, but how many since there were more than 6 teams in the league?? Yeah, that's right, one in 1967, the first year of expansion. And how many West of the Rockies?? ZERO?? If you are from Montreal then you can talk. Other than that, The Oilers are the most Successful Canadian team.

So I will sit back with my HANDFUL OF RINGS and laugh as you talk about how much the Oilers Suck!
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2006 :  20:20:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Man I love when fans of teams like Montreal and Edmonton cling to the teams' past in order to try to win an argument. Nothing like playing the trusty nostalgia card in order to prove a point eh?

You know your team is doing bad when...

Edited by - bablaboushka on 11/16/2006 20:22:05
Go to Top of Page

StanleyCup
Top Prospect

Canada
15 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2006 :  20:49:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't say that the Oilers suck. They have a great up and coming team but they need to gel. I'm not sure that this year will be their year. Roloson is an average goalie at best. Great goalies include Hasek, Brodeur, Kiprusoff, Luongo. Roloson is a strong back-up goalie and that is it.

Go Leafs!

...from my elbow to your face.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4055
( )

Posted - 11/16/2006 :  20:56:35  Reply with Quote
and who is it you cheer for? toronto... Calgary? ...

quote:

Well it is finally happening. The world is realizing that Edmonton's rise to the finals is a complete fluke. They have no business being there right now. If it weren't for Roloson they would have dropped out of the first round. OILERS SUCK!

Go to Top of Page

blade
Rookie

Canada
199 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2006 :  22:00:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey you can't call someone out while hiding behind an anonymous post But if you do a little research on this site you'll soon find that I'm a Flames fan...thus the emphatic OILERS SUCK! chant

Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2006 :  22:36:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will hate the Oilers as long as Jarret Stoll and Dwayne Roloson are members of the team.

Plus I hate when fluke teams eliminate my Sharks. Especially when they're from Alberta.
Go to Top of Page

lyall
PickupHockey Pro

360 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2006 :  23:24:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A Fluke? Haha. Being down 2-0 in the series then winning 4 straight (actually 7, including the Ducks series) is no fluke. You're just still mad that Roli robbed Cheechoo in OT. Does it keep you up at night? Or is the Oil coming back to win 6-4 in thier last meet? We're both thinking it man, but only I'm saying it. Sharks may look alot better on paper, but as of late, we got your number.

...Oh, & why Jarret Stole? I figured you would hate Torres for that hit on Michalek in the playoffs. I can't remeber what game it was in, but if it was after game 3 you probably already stopped watching. Hahaha.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2006 :  08:04:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well to be honest, I don't really care how my team gets beat, if they're out, they're out. Yeah that save on Cheechoo sucked a little and Torres' hit on Michalek was one of those ridiculously unsportsmanlike head shots that are the problem these days (like Armstrong's on Letowski). Yeah Torres is a big p**** like that too and I wish someone would have gone after him for it. I recognize he is an enforcer and that's his "job" but that was a cheap shot that he should have been punished for.

I won't even lie about their game earlier this year: it was very entertaining. How often do you get to see two natural hattricks in one game, one of them being a team record (previously held by Gretzky of all players)? Sure the Sharks lost but the entertainment value of that game almost made up for it.

I hate Jarret Stoll because he is a whiner. Any penalty call against the Oilers during their series last year that he was on the ice for, he skated over to the ref and started whining about it. Anytime he was kicked out of a faceoff, he started whining to the ref about it. He's just overall a big baby.

Roloson is a cheater.
Go to Top of Page

lyall
PickupHockey Pro

360 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2006 :  13:01:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah. That has been one of the better games this year for sure. And yeah That Torres hit was kinda cheap, Should have at least been a penelty on the play. But Michalek should have had his head up, insted of admiring his pass.
I never really thought of Stoll as a whiner. I guess he may be, I have never really notcied though. And this Roli being a cheater thing... I have seen you say that before. I don't follow. I don't really get how one can cheat. Is he changing the boxscores somehow?
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2006 :  13:58:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As much as he should have had his head up, there's no excuse to elbow someone in the head from the side 5 seconds after he gets rid of the puck, but what's done is done and Michalek is kicking arse right now for the Sharks.

Technically, he's not actually cheating, but he's being subtly unsportsmanlike. I think I counted four times during their series last year where the play was around Roloson's net and he shook his head until his mask flew off, which warrants an automatic whistle as per the rules. From the Oilers fan standpoint, one might see that as a "smart move" but I see it as unsportsmanlike conduct. Why don't all goalies just do that, they'd never get scored on! The worst thing is that he kept getting warnings...how often would he have to do it before it became a penalty for delay of game? It's the same thing as goalies knocking the net off the posts so goals can't count.

Once might be an equipment malfunction, but three or four times is ridiculous.
Go to Top of Page

lyall
PickupHockey Pro

360 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2006 :  14:20:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, when you're right, you're right. But it worked out. That's the game. You see a chance to stop the play, you go for it. Every player tries illegal plays all the time. He just happened to get away with it..........4 times.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8977
( )

Posted - 11/17/2006 :  15:11:44  Reply with Quote
This post has been deleted.

Message from the Moderator:

Guest8977, as much as we appreciate your contributions to this website, your last post here was completely inappropriate, profane and distasteful. We try to maintain a high standard of hockey discussion on this site and would like if you refrained from using a similar type of language when using this forum in the future.

Thank you

Edited by - bablaboushka on 11/17/2006 15:25:48
Go to Top of Page

Guest8977
( )

Posted - 11/18/2006 :  13:39:49  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

LOLOLOLOLOL

Roloson sucks and is a cheater.
Sykora couldn't hold up his point pace if his life depended on it.
Yeah they have big improvements to make on D.
I think they will make the playoffs, but they won't finish higher than 6th. Think about it, to finish top 3, they'd have to win their division. Minnesota will win the Northwest and whoever finish 2nd-3rd in the Pacific should finish 4-5 in the West and then the last three spots are open.

WTF the NHL voted the Oilers as best team all time. They have most of the best players ever. THE OILERS ARE GONNA KICK ASS!
Go to Top of Page

Guest8977
( )

Posted - 11/18/2006 :  13:41:51  Reply with Quote
quote:

The Oilers are the best team, its been unanimously voted, I saw it on CTV news station

Go to Top of Page

Guest8977
( )

Posted - 11/18/2006 :  13:50:29  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

Well to be honest, I don't really care how my team gets beat, if they're out, they're out. Yeah that save on Cheechoo sucked a little and Torres' hit on Michalek was one of those ridiculously unsportsmanlike head shots that are the problem these days (like Armstrong's on Letowski). Yeah Torres is a big p**** like that too and I wish someone would have gone after him for it. I recognize he is an enforcer and that's his "job" but that was a cheap shot that he should have been punished for.

I won't even lie about their game earlier this year: it was very entertaining. How often do you get to see two natural hattricks in one game, one of them being a team record (previously held by Gretzky of all players)? Sure the Sharks lost but the entertainment value of that game almost made up for it.

I hate Jarret Stoll because he is a whiner. Any penalty call against the Oilers during their series last year that he was on the ice for, he skated over to the ref and started whining about it. Anytime he was kicked out of a faceoff, he started whining to the ref about it. He's just overall a big baby.

Roloson is a cheater.

Torres's hit on Milan Michaelek was a clean hit, and he hit him 1 second after Michaelek got rid of the puck, its Michaelek's own fault that he has no muscle and Torres is the hardest hitter in the NHL. Jarret Stoll does not whine, he recovered from a hit this year against the Wings when he was sent flying 3 feet into the air. Roloson is a great goalie and he does not cheat, if you think Rolie cheats, look at Vokun.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2006 :  16:51:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The "hit" was a dirty elbow from the side. Having muscle has no relevance when you're blindsided by a vicious, late elbow. For the record, Torres is not even close to the hardest hitter in the game.

Big deal Stoll can get up from a hit, just like any other conscious player can. Last playoffs he complained to the refs on a lot of just calls, though I haven't seen him do that much this year.

I have no idea what Vokoun does to cheat if he does, but I maintain that Roloson has been cheap and unsportsmanlike much more than I can remember any other goalie being recently.

Once again 8977, I ask that you please stop using profanity to get your points across. These points can be expressed in a constructive and educated fashion, but if you are not able to do so in said manner, I ask that you please refrain from posting on this forum.

Thank you
Go to Top of Page

Guest8985
( )

Posted - 11/18/2006 :  20:55:58  Reply with Quote
OILERS OWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To: