Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 Edmonton stinks! Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

lyall
PickupHockey Pro

360 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2006 :  11:01:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No elbow on that hit man. Upper arm. Cheap shot indeed. No need for the head, but still not late, & no elbow. If Torres on the ice, keep your head up.

Torres is a good hitter though, look at Williams.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8977
( )

Posted - 11/19/2006 :  12:27:24  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

The "hit" was a dirty elbow from the side. Having muscle has no relevance when you're blindsided by a vicious, late elbow. For the record, Torres is not even close to the hardest hitter in the game.

Big deal Stoll can get up from a hit, just like any other conscious player can. Last playoffs he complained to the refs on a lot of just calls, though I haven't seen him do that much this year.

I have no idea what Vokoun does to cheat if he does, but I maintain that Roloson has been cheap and unsportsmanlike much more than I can remember any other goalie being recently.

Once again 8977, I ask that you please stop using profanity to get your points across. These points can be expressed in a constructive and educated fashion, but if you are not able to do so in said manner, I ask that you please refrain from posting on this forum.

Thank you

Vokun was the first player ever to be fined for diving, the only reason Rolie slashes is because people like Holmstrom and Lindros run him over for no reason, the hit on Michaelek was clean, and Jarret Stoll does not complain very often, in a game against St. Louis last year, Stoll got slashed in the face and the refs didn't call for a penalty, he didn't complain. Insult the oilers, I stab you.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9811
( )

Posted - 11/20/2006 :  13:37:37  Reply with Quote
I just read this forum for the first time and it really irritates me to see people calling any Stanley Cup run a fluke. They got the bounces they needed, great goaltending, and guys like Pisani stepped it up a notch (or 3 in his case!) to get the job done. And the fans of any team who plays as well as they did in the playoffs will be cocky, I prefer the word 'dedicated'. And you think we're cocky after game 4 Carolina newspapers created a photo of Staal hoisting the Stanley Cup when the series was 3-1!!!
Go to Top of Page

Ryan Harper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
322 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2006 :  14:08:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9811

I just read this forum for the first time and it really irritates me to see people calling any Stanley Cup run a fluke. They got the bounces they needed, great goaltending, and guys like Pisani stepped it up a notch (or 3 in his case!) to get the job done. And the fans of any team who plays as well as they did in the playoffs will be cocky, I prefer the word 'dedicated'. And you think we're cocky after game 4 Carolina newspapers created a photo of Staal hoisting the Stanley Cup when the series was 3-1!!!

I agree with you that no Stanley Cup run can be considered a fluke. That just doesn't make any sense.

"Some people skate to the puck. I skate to where the puck is going to be."
~Wayne Gretzky
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2006 :  14:47:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A fluke by definition is a stroke of good luck. I absolutely believe that some runs to the Stanley Cup Finals can be considered "flukes". I also believe in the saying "You have to be good to be lucky and lucky to be good". Teams that make the playoffs are obviously good by having made it to the postseason. From there, some teams seem to get the bounces, get more calls going their way and get production from unlikely sources.

I tend to judge runs at the Cup by previous success and especially how the team in question performs the next year. Teams like Florida in '96, Carolina in '02, Anaheim in '03 who went all the way to the Stanley Cup Finals but failed to make the playoffs the next year, are examples of what I call flukes. Also, neither of those teams had ever had any recent postseason success, so calling them flukes was easy. Although we all know how much Anaheim and Carolina would improve over the next couple years.

I also consider Calgary's run in '04 a fluke. Now I always get an earful about this one. But it's simple: Calgary had dismal seasons leading up to that one, finishing as low as 12th just one season prior to this run. But just like all of the aforementioned runs, a few key players stepped up and led the way. The next season, they actually made the playoffs but got eliminated in the first round. This one is a little tougher to judge because they did show signs of life the next season, but I still consider it a fluke. Many criticize me for thinking this, mainly because they're Canadian, and too many people are obssessed with Kiprusoff, which I blame the media for.

I think it's too early to tell whether or not Edmonton's run is a fluke. For the last 5 years they've finished either 8th or 9th in the Conference and the way they're going now, they're likely to do the same this year. I lean more towards the fluke side, because imports like Pronger, Peca and Roloson who were mediocre at the VERY BEST during the season suddenly shone in the playoffs. I also don't like how they beat my Sharks :P, but that doesn't impact my decision. If Edmonton finishes any lower than 6th in the West this year, I will officially call them a "fluke" run. Other than last year, I can't remember the last time they made it past the first round of the playoffs. So unless Edmonton can come even close to repeating last year, they will go down in my books as a one-hit wonder of recent years, just like the teams I mentioned above.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8977
( )

Posted - 11/20/2006 :  15:28:48  Reply with Quote
Considering Edmonton lost Pronger/Peca/Samsonov/Spacek over the summer, they will never be a strong a team as they were before.
Go to Top of Page

lyall
PickupHockey Pro

360 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2006 :  20:16:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Blaming unsuccessfulness (is that a word?) on the fact that players are gone is just a cheap scapegoat. If they play bad, it's only the fault of who's on the team when they lose. You never hear someone say that the Oilers are winning cause Laraque is gone. So they are not losing because the stars are gone.

Edited by - lyall on 11/20/2006 20:16:54
Go to Top of Page

Burns
Top Prospect

Canada
7 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2006 :  10:25:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Oilers are going to kick all your guys's favorite teams @$$'s so you all better watch it!

The Oilers are secretly the best team in the NHL
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2006 :  15:21:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let's take a different look back on lasts years "fluke" playoff run. The Oilers beat Detroit in the first round. That was no question a huge upset and totally unexpected. However, those out there that think the Oilers over San Jose or Anaheim was an upset, how do you figure?? The Oilers were behind San Jose and Anaheim by 4 and 3 points respectively in the regular season, and were 3 wins behind San Jose and 2 wins behind Anaheim. How are those upsets?? Because San Jose finished in 5th and the Oilers in 8th with a separation of 4 points?? A couple of bounces in a couple of games and the Oilers finish 5th and the Sharks 8th.

In the end, what really makes me mad is when a team makes a run to the playoffs from Canada and other Canadians hate on that team. I am an Oilers fan first, always a hockey fan, and above all a Canadian. If the Oilers are out, then I am the first one cheering for Calgary, Vancouver, Montreal, or even (hack, hack, cough, cough) Toronto. And even when there are no more Canadian teams in the playoffs, I am still cheering, because I love hockey. What happened to the hockey fan that appreciated the underdog making the run??? What happened to the hockey fan that appreciated good play regardless of the team? Are there any hockey purists left?? Too bad, I must be one of a dying breed.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2006 :  19:44:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Being a hockey purist has nothing to do with cheering for the last Canadian team standing. Obviously I'm also a Canadian, but I have team loyalty. My first team Loyalty is to the Sharks (as you might have guessed). Calgary in '04 and Edmonton in '06 were the last Canadian teams remaining in their respective years but I didn't cheer for them. Why? They were the two teams who eliminiated the Sharks in their respective runs. I haven't had geographic loyalty since the Jets left Winnipeg (where I grew up). I'm now in Halifax so I feel no loyalty to any Canadian team because I haven't seen one play since the Jets left.

Canadians have no obligation to cheer for a Canadian team "just because they're still in the running". If my team gets eliminated and there are no teams I really like left, I am 100% impartial to the outcome, and so I cheer for the game. It allows me to appreciate the game more, and not the rivalry. Is that not considered hockey purism?

Edmonton's run to the Cup being labeled with "fluke" status has little to do with how many points they were behind the teams ahead of them, it had to do with them placing 8th in the Conference. Once the playoffs start, regular season standings mean nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4664
( )

Posted - 11/23/2006 :  23:09:46  Reply with Quote
I'd have to agree. Being a hockey purist doesn't mean you have to cheer for the team that surrounds you. I am a Calgarian fan and although Tampa has a lot of good Canadian players who I love, i'm just now getting over my distaste of them edging out Calgary in the Stanley Cup playoffs.
Secondly, cheering for a Canadian team I don't think is necessary for a Canadian. It's not like it's the olympics and we're cheering on Canada because more than likely a lot of the good american teams are led by canadians. Forcing yourself to cheer for another Canadian team is like cheering for America if Canada drops out of the World Hockey Series. Rivalries are good for the game.
Lastly, for the whole fluke situation. Again I must agree with babla. It is tough to decide whether they are a fluke or not and a good judgement is how they play the next year. Although I do find it ironic that you call Calgary's playoff run a fluke yet the next year they proceeded to finish 3rd in the western conference.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2006 :  09:33:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Prehaps I was unclear about having to cheer for a Canadian team to be a Hockey Purist. I can appreciate that you don't have to cheer for a Canadian Team because they are the only one left. That being said, if Edmonton's playoff run was a "fluke" based on them being 8th is a steaming pant load. Regardless of where they finished the regular season, they played inspired team hockey through out the playoffs. I can hardly think how anyone could argue that. They outplayed Detroit, San Jose, and Anaheim. They did get outplayed by Carolina. How is that a fluke?? The hockey purist in me says that deserves recognition, regardless of who you cheer for and what side of the border you are on. To call it a fluke is pretty weak.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2006 :  11:14:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok maybe I wasn't clear as well...

I maintain strongly that it was a "fluke" by definition, meaning it was a string of events that suggested good luck. For almost the past decade before last year, Edmonton finished 8th-9th in the Conference, so if they made the playoffs, they just barely squeaked in. Once they're in, all that matters is their rank. If they finish 8th, then any win they get is an upset, solely by considering the place in which they finished. They might have outplayed the Wings, Sharks and Ducks, but the fact that they finished 8th in the Conference makes it all a big upset. Edmonton had their lucky run, and now they're back to their mediocre days of norm.

When Edmonton can duplicate a run like they had last year even just twice back-to-back, I might not call it a fluke. I don't tend to recognize teams who make one run in 10 years and that's good enough. Until I see some consistency, Edmonton to me is just another mediocre team that has to fight for one of the last playoff spots.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2006 :  13:53:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And the Oilers finishing 8th is the biggest statement of it being a fluke. Literally 5 points out of 3rd?? And the past ten years?? Who has made back to back runs deep into the playoffs in the past ten years?? I can think of maybe four or five teams. New Jersey, Colorado, Detroit,Dallas, and your beloved Sharks (who should have won a cup by now, they do deseve one). So anyone else who has made a deep run in the playoffs is a fluke??

Using that logic, San Jose Finishes 3rd in the West in 01-02 and goes to the West Semi's, the next year they finish 14 out of 15 teams and miss the playoffs, then they finish 2nd in the west and go to the conference Finals. Was it a fluke that they were so bad one year, or was it a fluke that they go to the conference finals the next year??

And the statement that the Oilers are back to their mediocre days of norm, interesting. Tied for first in the Northwest Division and the best penalty kill in the league. If that is mediocre, I would be amazed if any team could impress you.

The truth of the matter is that 70% of the league finished last year off with better than .500 records. 5 of those teams did not even make the playoffs. The other leagues can’t even come close to that (NFL-59% over .500, NBA 53%, and MLB-53%). That's the thing about the NHL today that is so amazing. Any team is dangerous on every night. Once the playoffs start, it is the best of the best and each team is solid. The Oilers run last year I would agree that is was "improbable," as in no one expected it. However, in my definition of "fluke," which is a team that bumbled their way to a win when they didn't deserve it, nothing of the Oilers run last year fit that bill. Their play in their “Fluke” run was deserved. Can’t argue that, can you?
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2006 :  15:42:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Get real Babs. It's lucky if it happens for a few games or even a month but when you have strong full season and you have a killer post season and lose in game 7 of the finals (a series which you actually won the game before) Then the next hockey season (after a year long lock out) you finish 1st in your div and 3rd in your conference is not a fluke. I know you just love to bash on the Flames to get a rise, but sometimes you really do it at your own expense.

Didn't your Sharks finish in 8th spot last year then go all the way to the semi's. Couldn't that be described as a fluke by your definition then. After all, this season is only 1/4 way through. They could fold before the season is out.
Go to Top of Page

framer87
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
338 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2006 :  21:34:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you can consider the oilers run a fluke what about carolinas? Every series they faced teams with injured players or injured their players. Montreal Koivu goes out for the series after game 2 and Montreal loses 4 straight. Buffalo was missing what 4(?) of their top 6 defenseman when they lost to Carolina and Roloson went out in the first game after a terrific playoffs and Carolina won that series. I dont consider the oilers run a fluke because they had great players in the season and they just simply performed better in the playoffs.

Go pens

Edited by - framer87 on 11/24/2006 21:36:07
Go to Top of Page

lyall
PickupHockey Pro

360 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2006 :  22:31:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lyall

lol. Man, people from Long Island & Chicago hate those teams. But While we're at it throw in Carolina.
Talking of fluke payoff runs (discussed in another thread, but...), the Cans last year? Notice how every team they beat lost players to inguries......

Thank you pucker!
I said that in the Calgary thread. I have been waiting for it to come up here.

I don't think the Oilers were lucky. I say they were underdogs.
Babla you say they outplayed Detriot, San Jose & Anahiem..........well then that's not luck. It's called being the better team. Perhaps if Edmonton got out played & still won, then you can call it a lucky run.

Like pucker said, Carolina got lucky due to opposing teams inguries. Not to say they didn't play good hockey; Cam Ward was amazing............I would just take a closer look before you say something like..........
quote:

Edmonton had their lucky run, and now they're back to their mediocre days of norm.

Edited by - lyall on 11/24/2006 22:34:05
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2006 :  06:52:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ugh, so hard for people out West to be objective when it concerns their favorite team, let's try this again:

1) Let me clear something up: Sure Edmonton had a decent team last year (in the playoffs anyways). I use the word "fluke" as more of a historical term. In the recent years they had not performed well at all but one post-season they decided to show up. They wouldn't even have to make deep runs in the playoffs if that's too lofty of a goal, they hardly even made the playoffs. Half the time they finished 9th or below, and the other half they finished in 8th. Then one year they decide to make a run?

I also mentioned way back that it was too early to tell for sure if it will go down in writing in my books that it was a little lucky. For now, I'm going on the basis of what I've seen so far. If Edmonton finishes the year atop their division (probably meaning 3rd), then maybe they weren't such a one-year wonder (of recent memory) and I'll give them more credit. As far as I'm concerned they still have everything to prove. Losing Pronger is no excuse.

2) I never said Carolina's run wasn't a little lucky, and nor did I say that the Sharks' run a few years back wasn't either. San Jose used to be a pathetic team and one year they showed up and made a run and had a pitiful follow-up season. Even though I'm a Sharks fan, I'm not ignorant enough to deny the fact that this would qualify as a lucky run. Carolina also got lucky last year with teams basically folding in front of them with their injuries, but they're still a powerful team who has a great record and has performed very well for the past few years.

At the time of their runs, of course it was very unlikely for them and possibly flukey. But now, these two teams are powerhouses so no accomplishment of theirs should be surprising.

3) Using the argument that Edmonton is tied for their division lead is bogus to me. That division is mediocre (I know you hate me saying that cause everyone here loves someone within that division) but wake up. The leaders in that division are 11th-12th in the league in terms of points. Sure Edmonton is 1st in PK which is good, but they are also one of the least penalized teams in the league (23rd). So I give them credit for being disciplined, but it's easier to kill fewer penalties than more. Don't come whining to me that refs pick on Edmonton...

4) The problem that some people have when trying to digest this is that in sports, the word fluke carries such a negative connotation, when in fact flukes are common occurences. It's so hard for you guys to realize where I'm coming from with my opinion of this situation because it involves the team you cheer for. If we were talking about how much of a fluke Florida's run in '96 was, then I'm sure you'd all agree with me cause who cares about Florida.

5) Leigh, the Sharks didn't finish in 8th last year, they finished 5th. And I call the Flames' run a bit of a fluke (not totally), just because they had done nothing in the recent years (again, historical fluke) and last year well at least they made the playoffs but got eliminated right away. Sure there's a bit of bias because I hate Kiprusoff but c'mon. I also think they have a lot yet to prove.

6) I never said Edmonton outplayed Detroit, San Jose and Anaheim... I said they might have, that's up to people to decide for themselves. I think Detroit was easy to outplay because they brought nothing to the post-season with them, and Legace sucked. I think their series with San Jose could have gone either way, but obviously it didn't. I do think they outplayed Anaheim, cause they wouldn't have beat them any other way.
Go to Top of Page

lyall
PickupHockey Pro

360 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2006 :  11:35:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I never once repremaned you for calling it a fluke. By your terms I can some what agree. It's the "lucky run' part that got me. Game 6 vs Det. Down in the series vs. SJS. It wasn't lucky. It was well played hockey.
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2006 :  14:52:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
5) Leigh, the Sharks didn't finish in 8th last year, they finished 5th. And I call the Flames' run a bit of a fluke (not totally), just because they had done nothing in the recent years (again, historical fluke) and last year well at least they made the playoffs but got eliminated right away. Sure there's a bit of bias because I hate Kiprusoff but c'mon. I also think they have a lot yet to prove.

my bad. That's right they were almost completely out of contention in 9th or 10th spot and then had a "flukey" last 15 games to slide into 5th

Hey, and we out west are no less objective OR more passionate that you guys out east so you can drop that argument.
Go to Top of Page

PortugueseOilKings
Top Prospect

5 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2006 :  16:46:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just reading all of babs arguements makes my head hurt. No matter what his arguement is, there is a counter arguement. Let him think Edmonton stinks and let him think we cant use our "nostalgia". Fact is San Jose lost to Edmonton. Up 2 games to none and LOST! And the Sharks have, lets count them... 0 cups compared to Edmontons 5. And hell we've made the Stanley Cup Finals (GAME 7!!!) maybe once in the past 5 years... how many times have the Sharka? 0.

So in the San Jose Sharks and Edmonton Oilers comparison...

Oilers > Sharks

Therefore, if Edmonton sucks... San Jose sucks more.

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Guest8888
( )

Posted - 11/25/2006 :  18:47:53  Reply with Quote
How is the NW a weak division? EVERY team has a legit shot at winning the division. There's no weak teams in the division, not the case in most divisions.
Go to Top of Page

lyall
PickupHockey Pro

360 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2006 :  22:34:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PortugueseOilKings

Just reading all of babs arguements makes my head hurt. No matter what his arguement is, there is a counter arguement. Let him think Edmonton stinks and let him think we cant use our "nostalgia". Fact is San Jose lost to Edmonton. Up 2 games to none and LOST! And the Sharks have, lets count them... 0 cups compared to Edmontons 5. And hell we've made the Stanley Cup Finals (GAME 7!!!) maybe once in the past 5 years... how many times have the Sharka? 0.

So in the San Jose Sharks and Edmonton Oilers comparison...

Oilers > Sharks

Therefore, if Edmonton sucks... San Jose sucks more.

Thanks!

Burn.

You can't argue with reslutls.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2006 :  07:57:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bablaboushka, I am think this debate may carry on for some time. And my Rebuttal.

1)When using your definition of fluke, I hear your point. I, personally, don’t think any team that makes it to game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final is a Fluke, ever. That’s a very tough thing to do, regardless of being the first place tam in the league or the 16th.

2)Using your definition of a fluke, how is Carolina a fluke?? They finished 2nd in the East and 4th in the NHL? Pick an argument and stay there. Edmonton was a fluke because they finished 8th and Carolina was a fluke because the teams they played hand injuries?? I guess you can make an argument that anyone is a fluke.

3)The Northwest is Mediocre?? C’mon, you can’t even say that with a straight face. It is the only division in the league that has every team over .500. There are no teams in the Northwest like LA, Phoenix, St. Louis, Columbus, or Chicago. The reason the teams in the NW might not be that high in points is that they don’t get those 8 games a year against sub-.500 teams in their own division. In some cases 16 or 24 games against sub-.500 teams. How about Nashville and Detroit last year. 24 games each against Columbus, St. Louis, and Chicago.

4)You are right it is easier to kill penalties when you don’t spend much time in the penalty box. Still a few penalties or a lot, they are still the best in the league. And I have never once complained about the Officiating.

5)Calgary goes to the Game 7 of the finals and comes back the next time hockey is played and wins the only division in hockey with all teams being above .500 and they still have a lot to prove?? How can you say that, what is the argument??

6)So, Edmonton outscores San Jose 19-12 in 6 games and shuts them out once and that is not being outplayed?? They won 4 straight games and lost the 2 by one goal each?? Where is your logic?? Oh wait, I see, it’s your team so they aren’t outplayed. Ok, I can give you that, I would do the same.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4044
( )

Posted - 11/27/2006 :  12:33:15  Reply with Quote
I think you guys scared bablaboushki away. LOL!
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2006 :  13:54:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nah, I see it's going nowhere. We both have made good points but I think the best thing to do is agree to disagree.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2006 :  15:29:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, C'mon Bab, we can keep this debate going until this years playoffs.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2006 :  15:37:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol, we could keep this debate going until I'm 60 but it still won't have gotten anywhere.
Go to Top of Page

ultimatetitman
Rookie

Canada
244 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2006 :  16:02:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As a HUGE hockey fan, I gotta say, this has gotten kinda stupid.
And as a passionate fan and hockey purist, I wasn't the least bit inclined to reply, but now I feel I have to.
Edmonton does not stink. No team stinks... these are professionals playing the game they love - the game I love - and to disparage it/them with sophmoric accusations is a slap in the face to the greatest game on earth.
All you have really accomplished is the beating of your chests and the silly declarations that "my team is better than your team". Well, my dad can beat up your dad, so why not put an end to it.
Personally I feel the attacks on babla have gotten out of hand. He only stated points of view, and did not, as far as I can tell, insult any one. The reverse can not be said.
Cheering for your team and jeering any other is a beautiful aspect of the game that should be celebrated, not insulted. Few players "choose" to play for Edmonton, or San Jose. They simply go where they are contracted to, and play their butts off. I would give my left nut to play anywhere in the NHL, even Columbus or Nashville, and I hate country music (except Shania, of course). Don't hate players and teams because they play outside your area code. Enjoy that they do, and they bring everything they have against your team, night in and night out.
Hockey represents so much to so many, and to millions and millions, it represents CANADA! To tarnish it with insults and endless, pointless, arguements is a black eye on the face of this wonderful sport.
As babla says, agree to disagree and stop demeaning the sport we all love, My sport!... YOUR sport.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6916
( )

Posted - 11/28/2006 :  16:06:14  Reply with Quote
Seriously, my dad is wicked tough.
Go to Top of Page

Ripley
PickupHockey Pro

USA
365 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2006 :  16:24:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ultimatetitman

Personally I feel the attacks on babla have gotten out of hand.

I don't think there were any attacks on boushka in this post. People were just taking an opposing view. there was nothing malicious that I have read. I believe Mr. babs is well respected....for a sharks fan.

As for your rant on hockey, I'm going to use it as inspiration at my league game tonight. thanks.

Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2006 :  19:18:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know that Babs and I have been tossing back and forth, but I took nothing to be offensive or personal, and I don't think I have attacked him personally either.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2006 :  07:17:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I never attack anyone personally and I hope no one infers anything I post as such. I don't recall any personal attacks against me and I usually address them if they occur. It's all in fun, but this discussion was going nowhere fast so I decided to pull out.

Edited by - bablaboushka on 12/02/2006 07:18:02
Go to Top of Page

B-rett10
Rookie

Canada
186 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2006 :  19:50:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Edmonton does stink FACE IT they do it was a complete fluke wit them rising to the finals like wow couldn't say more "blade".
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  19:22:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This topic is coming from a Flames fan, so of course he's gonna say Edmonton stinks.

Edited by - Mikhailova on 01/12/2007 19:25:04
Go to Top of Page

Guest9811
( )

Posted - 04/23/2007 :  08:01:43  Reply with Quote
I was in Calgary for the last game of the season against Edmonton and I realized Flames fans are absolutely terrible, they only support the team when they are winning, for example when it was 2-0 in that game they were going crazy and giving me a hard time, it was awesome, then we tied it and suddenly they do nothing but trash the team and stop bugging me, then we win I am cheering and everyone is all depressed saying they suck blah blah blah. At least we support our team through even bad seasons like this year where injuries and some odd coaching decisions led to our demise, better than being embarassed by Detroit (unlike us last year) and not being able to win on the road.
Go to Top of Page

D-fender6
Top Prospect

Canada
20 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2007 :  22:32:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
guest you cannot make that assumption about all flames fans from a group of non supporting losers. We all know its difficult to cheer for your team when their losing, but true fans cheer no matter what. totally unlike most of the Edmonton fans i know!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page